***WoF 2011 RULES and Info***

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
WoF Rules.

The WoF is the World of Firepower, an Online International Team-Hunting Tournament, now in it’s 5th year.

The Tournament is Free to Enter.

The Tournament is Open to All.

Teams are formed and joined to represent former Nations on Earth as well as those found in our Universe. For full explanation of this rule please read (**) below.

Once you have joined, or formed your team, you should elect or decide a Captain from the other members. You should also build your team as strong as possible.

The Captain, once decided, chooses the best hunters from those who have signed, to form the Main Team.

The Main Team is a maximum of 12 Hunters.

All other signed Team Members become the Support Team or Teams.

The Captain does not have to be in the Main Team; some Captains are chosen for their availability and organisational skills rather than their hunting prowess.

Each Hunt/Match involves a selected few of your Main 12, along with an unlimited number of Supporters, engaging in 3-hour hunts. The object is to global on selected mobs from that Stage’s Moblist, each of which carry different points. Various bonuses also exist to provide more points, more of which below. (*)

The Main Team have 4 mobs to hunt, and the Support Team usually has 3.

Support’s scoring is capped in rising increments from Stage 1 onwards, apart from the Final which is uncapped. The capped score is the score before all bonuses are added, apart from HoF’s and Susans. More of bonuses below(*).

Support Roles also include the running of ammo, relaying of heavy loots, herding mobs, blocking and scouting, and of course medical duties among other things. Teams may choose to reward their support for services provided, or establish shared loot protocol if they wish.

Teams are encouraged to advertise their effort and recruit all the followers they can get
. There is no restriction on the amount of advertising a team can do. This event is run on a voluntary basis; by gamers, for gamers. It’s down to us all to put in a bit of effort to make it special.

For each hunt there will be Judges in attendance.

The WoF Judges are a hardy bunch of number-crunchers who like nothing better than to diligently record and compile the scores for each match. Although technology exists to track globals etc we still haven’t found a better way to be accurate than to have ‘men (and ladies) on the ground’.

For each Hunt, the Team Captains will invite their Judge onto their team and then wait for the signal to start.

The Signal is a short timecheck and the words GO GO GO!!!! said in All Chat by whoever is the head judge that day.

Main Teams then leave the start point and start scoring globals as soon as they can.

The Support Team(s) do not have to attend the Start Point at any time.
Main 12 members not on the Main Team that day may hunt as Support if they wish.
The Captain does not have to attend every match, but consistent no-shows count against them in the event of a vote for their replacement.

Teams with ‘spare’ non-hunting members are encouraged to leave a ‘Judge Buddy’ at the Start Point; we always find times when we are short on Judges.

When no teamable Judge is available, the Judging will done by PM link, with each global confirmed as it happens.

The Teams must then score as much as they can before the end of the hunt.

The end is signalled in Team Chat (or by PM if Judges are limited in number).

The end signal is STOP followed by Stop and Return. It will be as close to exactly 3 hours from the start as possible.

All Main Teams then return to the Start/Finish point and meet with the Judges to get
the Scores.
There is a 10-minute period at the end of the match in which to return. Those Main Team members who do not make it back incur a -10 point MIA penalty (Missing In Action)

The Scores at this point are ALWAYS issued with a possibility of correction later, but within a day or two the final results will be issued on the Forum.

The Stages:

Stage 1: Qualifier A. All entered Teams take part.
Main Team: 4 hunters. Score is added to score from Stage 2.
Support Cap: 100 points

Stage 2: Qualifier B. All entered Teams take part.
Main Team: 4 hunters. Scores from A+B are added. The highest scoring teams Qualify and go through to Stage 3.
Support Cap: 100 points

Stage 3: Group Stage A. The best of the qualifiers are assigned Groups and have team vs team matches within each group to reduce the number of teams to 12.
Main Team: 4 hunters.
Support Cap: 150 points

Stage 4: Group Stage B. The final 12 are assigned new groups and have matches within each group to provide the 6 Semi-Finalists.
Main Team: 4 hunters.
Support Cap: 200 Points

Stage 5: Semi-Final. The 6 remaining teams pair off in single-match knockouts to determine the 3 Finalists. Traditionally involves other destinations, this year as an option only.
Main Team: 5 hunters.
Support Cap: 250 points

Stage 6: The 3-Way Final. The 3 remaining teams battle it out for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Main Team: 6 hunters.
Support Uncapped.

The Main 12 of the Nation who win will each receive WoF Winners Jackets in that year’s colour from the good people at FPC as well as weaponry and more for all three Finalist Teams.

The Support Teams are eligible for the concurrent SCAR Award which takes place during Stage 4; open to all Support hunters it awards prizes provided by sponsorship to those Support Teams able to global on all three Support Mobs the quickest during a match. More details below. (***)

In the event of a mass crash or server failure or other incident that causes teams to be severely depleted, the organisers reserve the right to re-schedule the match.

In the event of a match losing it’s judges for any reason, teams are urged to screenshot every global, and also their return at the end of the match, and submit the screenshots for verification.

*Scoring:

Example Moblist:

Main Team:

Caperon: (Old and above) 10 points
Atrax: (Alpha and above) 9 points
Caperon (Mature and below) 8 points
Neconu (All maturities) 7 points
Atrax (Dominant and below) 6 points
TskTsk (All maturities) 5 points

Support:

Atrox (All maturities) 4 points
Armax (Provider and above) 3 points
Combibo (All maturities) 2 points
Armax (Old and below) 1 point

Bonus Mob:

Snarg (All Maturities) 25 points.

The Bonus Mob can only be scored on once per Team per match, but can be claimed by either the Main or the Support Team for that Nation.

Main Team Mobs score either 5,6,7,8,9 or 10

Support Mobs score either 1,2,3 or 4.

The Bonus Mob is scoreable once per Nation (Main or Support but not both) per match, and is worth 25 points.

Other Bonuses:

HoF: Any HoF grants a double score for that kill.

ATH: A Main Team ATH doubles the Team’s Total Score for that match. A Support Team ATH doubles the Support Team Total for that match.

Variety: For globalling on the different types of Mobs in the list during the hunt.
2 types of mob=10 points
3 types of mob=25 points
4 types of mob=50 points

Loot Boost: In Group Stages only; given to the team with the highest TT value of loot from their Main Team globals during the Match. 15 points.

Susan: In fond memory of Susan 113 Smith, this acts like a HoF, doubling the points from any 113 PED Globals a team gets, Main or Support.

Sweep: This is for Globalling on the Whole Moblist, including split maturities and the Bonus Mob (Teams need a 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and 25 or HoFs derived from them). 75 points.

Win Bonus: In Group Stages only; given to the winning team in each Group Stage match. 100 points.

When more than one Bonus is scored on the same mob, one multiplies or adds to the other: e.g. A 113 PED HoF on a 9-point Chomper would be 9x2x2=36.

Team’s Total Score: The score at the end of a match with everything included.

If not enough Support are present then the Main Team can hunt the Support Mobs needed for the Sweep but do not receive the 1,2,3 or 4 points, only the credit toward the Sweep.

Cheating: All incidents will be dealt with severely if proven.

It is cheating to act contrary to the Rules as written here.

It is cheating to form duplicate teams.

It is cheating to field a larger team than the rules dictate.

It is cheating to manipulate spawns in your team’s favour or deny other teams the same spawns you used.

Other issues that are raised during the Tournament will be investigated if evidence convinces us of foul play of any kind.

Pk’ing: When a moblist contains mobs found in solely in PvP areas, then the risk of getting shot is part of the reason that mob carries points. When the moblist contains mobs that are found in both PvP and non-PvP areas, those who do not like PvP are urged to consider the safer spawns. PvP-Only mobs will only be used sparingly.

Overwhelming is not considered good sportsmanship. Overwhelming is the needless denial of scoring through disproportionate firepower. How it works is this. During your match, if you meet your opponents in PvP, you may of course fire on them to slow them down so you get to the spawn first. This may even happen a few times during the match, although they might well do the same and cost you time. This is all part of hunting in PvP. What is not acceptable is doing it so often that they are genuinely impaired from scoring. While hard to put a figure on, the more screenshots your opponents submit of being wiped out, the worse it looks for you.

Penalties may be applied in extreme cases.
Penalties may also be decided by public vote.

What is also not acceptable: Killing opponents while they are working through a big Mob. This is kill-stealing. It can happen in the heat of battle, but if it happens too often, again, it will be investigated. Again, multiple incriminating screenshots can damn you. Better to spend your time killing mobs than people.

Tagging or stealing Mobs damaged by your opponents is hard to avoid with some of the denser, more aggressive spawns, but strong evidence of this will also be investigated.

Players are not allowed to play for more than one Main Team during a Tournament unless they have not played in a scoring match as a Main Team Member, and only then with prior notice of 7 days given to myself by PM (and replied to).

**Team/Nation Eligibility

There has been a need for clearer ruling on this matter.

The Teams of the WoF should represent Nations.

A Nation, as far as the WoF is concerned, is a body of people, united in their bonds with a people, a place and an idealogy. The recognised Nations of Earth, the countries we know today, are of course included. Also included are the two Calypso continents of Eudoria and Amethera. So too, this year, we will welcome teams fielded by those loyal to neighboring planets RockTropia and Next Island. The main aim of the WoF is to include as many people as possible, and entertain the hell out of them. If a Team representing the Native American Tribes formed, it would be allowed, for example, as would a team representing Tibet. The organisers do retain the right to refuse a team name on the grounds of unsuitability.
Alliances: Teams that have entered in the past have had varying fortunes; some have improved, some have been consistently successful, while others, despite their best efforts, have not been able to close the gap on the podium. Last year, to much debate, several of these teams formed alliances. I have been asked to make a ruling on this for this year.
The ruling is: All teams that have taken part in a previous WoF remain eligible to enter under the same name. Apart from some new names near the top, I saw no problem with how their participation went last year. Main Teams will always be just 12, and any Nation can recruit as many supporters as they like, so there is nothing highly unbalanced going on. Only teamwork, which I applaud.
But the rule for any future applications is this:
Any further alliances, for this year and the following years, must only include teams that have taken part in a previous WoF and failed to pass Stage 4. This is to prevent the formation of super-teams and give help where needed. Also, there should be no more than three countries represented by the alliance. All applications should be conducted the same as any new team, by PM to me.
Where patriots of a country involved in an alliance wish to field their own national team, that team cannot also be represented by the alliance. The national team take precedence. For example: if there were hunters from the Netherlands who wished to field a Netherlands team then BeNeLux would have to become BeLux. The alliances will, once recognised, be considered as Nations. The organisers reserve the right to refuse any unsuitable suggestions on any grounds they see fit. I will repeat the fact that without any way of proving Nationalities, hunters are free to enlist for whatever team will have them (some insist on true national roots, which is to be admired) regardless of their actual origin.

If this results in less teams, but larger teams, then so be it, the WoF shall adapt. I can’t turn down the wishes of half the tournament on the request of the other half, so here’s the happy medium, I hope. Allowed, but with proper rules in place.

*** SCAR Award.

Now in it’s third year, the SCAR Award (for Slaughtering Comprehensibly And Rapidly) is ready to make Stage 4 the special stage for all the loyal Support Teams who help their Nations through the Tournament.

As before, it will be a competition running through all 3 Rounds of the Treasure Island Group Stage. Support Teams must global on all 3 Support Mobs faster than anyone else in the Stage to win. Teams can enter as many times as they like (1 per match). The timer starts from the start of the Match they are playing and stops on the third global required.

SCAR Prizes come directly from those who have sponsored certain mobs in the Tournament and this year look to be better than ever. Prizes will be given to the teams claiming the First, Second and Third fastest times. There will be enough prizes for 12 members of each team, so teams are urged to be at full strength. Any prizes not won will re-enter the prize fund.

A Screenshot Submission Thread will be set up as soon as the Stage 4 Moblist is released.

Now tell me, did I miss anything?

Oh yes; Dates and Times to be announced:)

All enquiries to this thread please, unless it's better as a PM.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
I suggest that all main and support teams should take screenshots as often as possible. We know from the past that there will be issues no one can foresee. Especially when it comes to PvP-fights. This was a problem sometimes in the past. To judge such issues is very hard without proofs.
  • Make sure to have position [P] and time imprint in the screenshot.
    [*]Make sure that the team list isn't covered by loot- or chat-window
Furthermore I suggest to pay or engage one or two supporters whith low ingame but high patriotism skills (newbies) to trace everything they can trace. Main chat log, field sceenshots (!), private chat log, etc. Drag newbies into this great event! Probably they will become decent supporters next year or experianced main team members in WoF 2015 :cool:

At least we have had very good experiances last year with some team-bounded co-judges at the start/finish point. This guys can follow the discussions (and difficaulties) of the official judges and can help to communicate this to their team. Probably a good way to avoid confusions.

We have to face some new circumstances:
  • vehicles
  • weapons on vehicles in PvP zones
  • different planets with "variable" moblists
  • dunno what else ...
In the end the judge team has to and will decide. But everything that helps to make a good decision is very welcome.

So what to say? You practically made two mixed teams legal and dissalowed other countries to form an mix to compete with these ? :DDD

Are you serious? Why you just dont dissalow custom team names???? So these teams cannot have support teams coming from 3 countries???? And people will think twice to play for lets say team Germany...

What to say? You wrote 20 sentences of bullshit resulting in what i said in first sentence... Good Game Hurrikane you finally killed your baby , WOF is dead.... enjoy your "hunting" event

Hurrikane wrote:

The Main 12 of the Nation who win will each receive WoF Winners Jackets in that year’s colour from the good people at FPC as well as weaponry and more for all three Finalist Teams.

It's just to bad that this didn't happen for 2010 as expected since it's what happened in 2009. 2nd and 3rd sure got screwed last time.... :( No reply at all from FPC to my thread about it all... that's even sadder.

So what to say? You practically made two mixed teams legal and dissalowed other countries to form an mix to compete with these ? :DDD.... enjoy your "hunting" event

Ok mate, enjoy your 'ranting' event.

Just a game, dude. A free game run voluntarily within a free game run for money. Personally I got bigger things to get angry about than whatever the fuck you have to say. You were a whining nightmare last year and this year you're out. Big deal.

Hope your countrymen don't follow, you had a good team there. Just one of you missing the point.

Hurrikane

Oh, and happy f@cking xmas to you too.

Hurrikane wrote:

It's just to bad that this didn't happen for 2010 as expected since it's what happened in 2009. 2nd and 3rd sure got screwed last time.... :( No reply at all from FPC to my thread about it all... that's even sadder.

I was unaware of this and shall chase it up.

Hurrikane

Ok mate, enjoy your 'ranting' event.

Just a game, dude. A free game run voluntarily within a free game run for money. Personally I got bigger things to get angry about than whatever the fuck you have to say. You were a whining nightmare last year and this year you're out. Big deal.

Hope your countrymen don't follow, you had a good team there. Just one of you missing the point.

Hurrikane

Oh, and happy f@cking xmas to you too.

LOL! You are really pissed off PW3CKA, arn't you? I was last year. But I made my peace with him.

And I have to add that I am unhappy with your new rule: mixed teams from last year are allowed but new mixed teams are not allowed? Did I get that rule right? IF I understood it right I cannot understand your global policy, Hurri. This is not the way to improve the spirit of WoF!

I will fight for team DACH since it is allowed for WoF 2011. My wish for WoF 2012 is to go back to nation-bound teams. Everybody is just able to support a nation-bound team if he/she wants. Even if he/she is from another country that cannot/won't establish an own team (Switzerland, Austria).

Sorry folks, I want to get back Team Germany. Hate me for that ... np. This mixed teams issue causes too much bad feelings. And serious ... I am much more proud to having reached semi finals in the past with Team Germany than reaching the final with Team DACH.

Last edited:
Okay, I spoke with a bit of anger before. Came back full of xmas cheer to meet the Grinch.

I had to make a rule about Alliances. If I banned all of them, then 25% of the WoF playerbase would not enter this year. If I allowed them unregulated, then the fears of a few super-teams dominating the event would one day come true. So I struck for middle ground.

The Alliances that were formed and allowed last year could not be refused this year either. They represent mid-level teams, they did not present a monopoly of the points. The fact that they 'got in before the rule' is just history now. Both Alliances last year gave strong showings and made some regular finalists worried.

The only regulation is that teams who wish to form any future alliances are those who did not reach the Semi's the year before. That is the Rule.

If a Team reached the FINALS once but last year only got to Stage 4; they are eligible.

If they reached Stage 5 the year before, they are not.

Is this clear?

We needed a rule, it's a pretty simple one and it should work to the effect of keeping the playing field level.
Yes, teams could technically engineer a bad year to become eligible for an alliance the following season; but you'd think people had better things to do.

Now please, can we move on? Trying to run a tournament here.

Hurrikane

Okay, I spoke with a bit of anger before. Came back full of xmas cheer to meet the Grinch.

I had to make a rule about Alliances. If I banned all of them, then 25% of the WoF playerbase would not enter this year. If I allowed them unregulated, then the fears of a few super-teams dominating the event would one day come true. So I struck for middle ground.

The Alliances that were formed and allowed last year could not be refused this year either. They represent mid-level teams, they did not present a monopoly of the points. The fact that they 'got in before the rule' is just history now. Both Alliances last year gave strong showings and made some regular finalists worried.

The only regulation is that teams who wish to form any future alliances are those who did not reach the Semi's the year before. That is the Rule.

If a Team reached the FINALS once but last year only got to Stage 4; they are eligible.

If they reached Stage 5 the year before, they are not.

Is this clear?

We needed a rule, it's a pretty simple one and it should work to the effect of keeping the playing field level.
Yes, teams could technically engineer a bad year to become eligible for an alliance the following season; but you'd think people had better things to do.

Now please, can we move on? Trying to run a tournament here.

Hurrikane

I say, if you had set the rules in time (~October) there would have been some acceptance. Probably you weren't able to do that. Okay. I talked to Parlog before and he told me that you give him your okay for a Team DACH. So it may happen for this WoF. But now you know the problem and cannot deny that anymore. Make a change for next year's WoF! And most of the competitors will accept the insane rule of this year. I admit that I don't understand everything so far ... language issues :( Sorry. But I claim an easy to understand and not over-ruled competition ... many of the WoF participants would appreciate an easy understandable set of rules.

And most of them don't like this mixed team issue!

Or what do you say, rhogenbe, from BeNeLux?

I say, if you had set the rules in time (~October) there would have been some acceptance. Probably you weren't able to do that. Okay. I talked to Parlog before and he told me that you give him your okay for a Team DACH. So it may happen for this WoF. But now you know the problem and cannot deny that anymore. Make a change for next year's WoF! And most of the competitors will accept the insane rule of this year. I admit that I don't understand everything so far ... language issues :( Sorry. But I claim an easy to understand and not over-ruled competition ... many of the WoF participants would appreciate an easy understandable set of rules.

DACH and BeNeLux are allowed because they proved to be fair competitors.

I repeat the other part of the Rule:
If for example Germany wanted to form a team for this, or any year, then Germany could no longer be represented by the DACH alliance.

I would also welcome help from anyone who wishes to translate the Rules in this thread as accurately as needed, to the languages required. Any language, in fact.

But on a personal note; Teams have 12 people in main and all the support they can get. Apart from a potential for more supporters and the capability of fielding a good main team, there is no huge advantage in playing as an alliance. Last year was won by America, Russia were there in the Final too as well as one of the Alliances. Hundreds of people took part and enjoyed themselves. I see nothing insane about letting all that happen.

Hurrikane

I say, if you had set the rules in time (~October) there would have been some acceptance.
i really don't see what issue there is. any existing multi-nation team from last year is eligable and the door is left open for smaller/weaker supported nations to merge in the future. if one isnt in a merged nation by now it really isnt going to impact, and i dont see a new "nation" forming in the time before the start. long ans short is, the previoulsy created mulit-nation teams are eligable for this year, whats not to accept?

confusing... so why not break up the mixed team?

But on a personal note; Teams have 12 people in main and all the support they can get. Apart from a potential for more supporters and the capability of fielding a good main team, there is no huge advantage in playing as an alliance. Last year was won by America, Russia were there in the Final too as well as one of the Alliances. Hundreds of people took part and enjoyed themselves. I see nothing insane about letting all that happen.

Hurrikane

Yeah, no advantage except the bold part, and that is the problem..

It seems that you really don't know what is pissing us of.......

And what i said thousand times,,,, DISALLOW CUSTOM TEAM NAMES !!! that would be the golden mid way... On one side mixed teams allowed, on the other side everyone happy, and WOF with true spirit..

But what the heck, you will make Parlog and Rhogenbe pissed, and you cant because they are big boys and they would beat you or what????

You know what ??? You should play !!!

And really, answer a single question to me Hurrikane..

Why you can't disallow custom team names?

And also you seems to not understand why i am so pissed.

It is because i gave to WOF a fucking amount of time and it took so much effort to have the team CZECH running for 3 seasons.. Just to find last year you allow countries to mix up.

You did not let anybody know, you just allowed them to mix up..... Screwing with others..
And of course you was so low to admit a mistake, so in the end you did not changed anything and you let them play.

Now its slowly going in the direction where the next year only 4 or 6 teams will really participate.. As i said, this has nothing with WOF...

If you want a real WOF, with a lot of teams trying their best, with the best players inside from all over the world..

Make it Country VS Country only and cap the support teams...... Many teams will gladly join

WoF time again? Yes! Looks like I got here just in time...:yay:

And really, answer a single question to me Hurrikane..

Why you can't disallow custom team names?

what does this question mean, what "custom team names" are allowed? do you mean custom nation names?

what does this question mean, what "custom team names" are allowed? do you mean custom nation names?

Few IQ points more and you would not need to ask stupid questions... For now lets leave you clueless

Few IQ points more and you would not need to ask stupid questions... For now lets leave you clueless

Ever wondered why you get nowhere with complaining? It's the way you do it. Stop being rude and shouting about something I do for fun and we can talk.

To answer your questions though:

The biggest, most important thing to me where the WoF is concerned is that as many people as possible take part every year. This is what makes it the biggest event in EU. It started as a free festival of firepower, and it's turned into an event that gets people together and enjoying themselves.

Last year, I was faced with a choice. Accept a few of the smaller teams wished to play as Alliances, or rule against it and lose their participation that year. This would have meant that 5 teams worth of players would not have attended competitively that year (Luxembourg did not previously have a team). To allow it meant the attendance was unaffected. The teams in question soon became a new contender for the higher spots that they were denied in earlier WoFs and the tournament benefited from their presence.

Why were they allowed without the offer being made to all?

They thought of it first and asked me. Simple as that. As soon as the teams were formed they were announced.

With the fuss going on about this issue I made a rule in place for this year that I feel keeps this practice on the level. Is any of it not clear, do you still see it all as unfair or against you somehow? I do not run this event to make enemies or disadvantage any particular team.

The Support scores are capped for a reason; to prevent any one team dominating by sheer weight of numbers. No matter how big your support team, all you can do is achieve the cap and help the Main Team (Until the Final, where support can go for it)

Many teams play every year and do not get to the higher stages; doesn't stop them having a blast along the way and seeing what they can achieve each time. I'd be glad to see CZ shock the bigger teams once more, whatever flag they're flying.

Hurrikane

I am rude, beacuse im choleric on what i think is people stupidity.

1. You still have not answered why you just dont dissalow custom team names ( Benelux, DACH )
( And please i dont want answer in 20 sentences.. I think its simple question give me a simple answer. I still dont see why this cannot be done )

2. Yes, there is cap score but it is too big.. ( Guess why small teams dont play )

Do you work for MA? So you want our peds? Or do you work for comunity so you want a huge tournament where best from each country gather and participate? Even Support might be for noobs but not for everybody!!!, so people have something to skill even for support teams.

3. And now you see!!, last year you made BAD decission to allow mixed teams, because you wanted to have two teams extra!!! ( Ohhh, WOF would be so fucked up without those two teams ). This year it returned to you, i am saying compare recruitment posts for all years... And no its not because really so less people play. It is because no one wants to participate because the rules and mixed competition are saying dont dare to participate if you dont have fuckass big team.

And i gave WOF many months of my time, because from the begining it was presented as Country VS Country tournament. And not a friendly mixed teams hunting event!!!!! FUCK!!!!

Ever wondered why you get nowhere with complaining? It's the way you do it. Stop being rude and shouting about something I do for fun and we can talk.

To answer your questions though:

The biggest, most important thing to me where the WoF is concerned is that as many people as possible take part every year. This is what makes it the biggest event in EU. It started as a free festival of firepower, and it's turned into an event that gets people together and enjoying themselves.

Last year, I was faced with a choice. Accept a few of the smaller teams wished to play as Alliances, or rule against it and lose their participation that year. This would have meant that 5 teams worth of players would not have attended competitively that year (Luxembourg did not previously have a team). To allow it meant the attendance was unaffected. The teams in question soon became a new contender for the higher spots that they were denied in earlier WoFs and the tournament benefited from their presence.

Why were they allowed without the offer being made to all?

They thought of it first and asked me. Simple as that. As soon as the teams were formed they were announced.

With the fuss going on about this issue I made a rule in place for this year that I feel keeps this practice on the level. Is any of it not clear, do you still see it all as unfair or against you somehow? I do not run this event to make enemies or disadvantage any particular team.

The Support scores are capped for a reason; to prevent any one team dominating by sheer weight of numbers. No matter how big your support team, all you can do is achieve the cap and help the Main Team (Until the Final, where support can go for it)

Many teams play every year and do not get to the higher stages; doesn't stop them having a blast along the way and seeing what they can achieve each time. I'd be glad to see CZ shock the bigger teams once more, whatever flag they're flying.

Hurrikane

It is really hard to stated rules that are ok for everybody and years after years you managed to make WoF the biggest event in Entropia and it is well deserved

So...you win a judge :ahh:

Now, let's WoF 2011 running :yay:

PS : PW3CKA, it is interesting to argue before, but when the rule is stated, there is no way to argue no more or being rude, be in or be out, it is up to you

I am rude, beacuse im choleric on what i think is people stupidity.

1. You still have not answered why you just dont dissalow custom team names ( Benelux, DACH )
( And please i dont want answer in 20 sentences.. I think its simple question give me a simple answer. I still dont see why this cannot be done )

2. Yes, there is cap score but it is too big.. ( Guess why small teams dont play )

1. If I disallowed them less people would take part. If I allow them, more take part.

2. If more people say the Support Caps are too big I will look into lowering them.

I don't make rules for any other reason than to get more people to take part. Hard to please everybody,.

Hurrikane

It is really hard to stated rules that are ok for everybody and years after years you managed to make WoF the biggest event in Entropia and it is well deserved

So...you win a judge :ahh:

Now, let's WoF 2011 running :yay:

PS : PW3CKA, it is interesting to argue before, but when the rule is stated, there is no way to argue no more or being rude, be in or be out, it is up to you

I agrue for second year about this, far before the rules were made..
And FYI: Last year no one was asked or notified, these teams just popped up and were already allowed.

1. If I disallowed them less people would take part. If I allow them, more take part.

2. If more people say the Support Caps are too big I will look into lowering them.

I don't make rules for any other reason than to get more people to take part. Hard to please everybody,.

Hurrikane

Lets see how many people take part this year....
And FFS I am not saying dissalow them... I am saying dissalow their "custom" team names.

And FYI: Last year no one was asked or notified, these teams just popped up and were already allowed.

PW3CKA, as Hurrikane stated already, BeNeLux as well as DACH asked before setting up this teams. They were allowed to do that. Last year you were allowed to participate in mixed team Chzech + Slowakia. So what's your problem?

Hurrikane explained before, that his main goal is to drag as many ppl into WoF as possible. That worked for the last WoF. Let's see if it will work this time again. I am with you about this issue. I liked the initial motto:

FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY!

But I respect Hurrikan's decesition, since it is his event. He is the ruler. If I don't like it anymore, I will leave it. Do the same, please! Accept the set of rules or leave us having fun at WoF.

Regardless of the teams/countries/alliances involved, the main team can only have 4,5,or 6 etc people hunt in a given round, and support is capped through to the last round.

The only advantage argument I can see for a main team comprised of multiple country players would be: Each country in a multi-country team has 2-3 super strong players where apart they support their own country, but together the main team has 4,5, or 6 super strong players.

For support, the issue becomes who can reach cap.
These teams have no participation boundaries with countries, although patriotism to play for their own country runs strong, hence they join their country team, a close neighbor, or their recruited country. If support scoring caps are lowered to 50 points each round (sarcasm), support would be a drain, because who would be part of a team where after 30 minutes of a 3 hour match, they reach cap every time. That would be no fun. Then again, where is the balance so people don't burn out on hunting mobs the whole match (for not reaching cap) yet it doesn't end so early.

The difference with support can be critical during the capped stages, because the total score can be affected by a max of the support cap+associated bonuses. Those smaller teams who don't regularly reach cap can lose those point differences.

The solution would not include the already limited main team and limiting support teams, because Hurrikane has always stated he wants as many people involved as possible.

Therefore, a main team capable of killing the main team mobs and earn globals and a support group able to reach the cap (or score as much as possible in the uncapped round) has a good shot at winning. So it's really a game of numbers.

I guess one thing Hurrikane could do is cap each support mob so teams don't cap with just one mob (plus the variety bonus globals).
For example (higher points probably better in later rounds):
Support,
4 points Sumima all Maturity - 120 point cap,
3 points Armax Guardian to Stalker - 90 point cap
2 points Argonaut all Maturity - 60 point cap
1 point Armax Young to Provider - 30 point cap
Round Support Cap - 300 points.

He could then provide a bonus to each support team capping a mob.

So really, what is the advantage of a larger multi country team? Fewer main/support players for your team? Split the multi country up, those players probably play for their own country anyway. Recruit those who don't support a country.

Support caps are too big :wise:

Umm no they aren't.... with big support, we didn't always get it.... I like Brad's ideas of cap per mob though.

Umm no they aren't.... with big support, we didn't always get it.... I like Brad's ideas of cap per mob though.

Yes, the fact that you didn't always get it demonstrates that it is too high :)

I think it's fine in the earlier stages, maybe it shouldn't increase as the tournament goes on, or increase less steeply.

I think it's fine in the earlier stages, maybe it shouldn't increase as the tournament goes on, or increase less steeply.

I think the support number should go up..as more players will be participating in the later stages in each support group.
It's no fun in hunting when one hit the support cap.

I think Brads' idea is great...how to handle support capping

Back