WoF 2011: Team USA (OohRah!)

I read the post that announced that the USA would not be entering a team this year. Obviously this is not what I'd like to happen, but I respect any decision you make.

As a result of this post I have taken the USA out of the draw for the first Stage (Stage 3).

However, this is a very large country we're talking about, and I don't want to deny any Americans the chance to represent their nation in the WoF.

So the next post will detail how any team that forms in the next month can play a Qualifier and enter WoF 2011. The only Qualifier this year is a mini-eliminator between any new teams and those who scored lowest last year, to decide the 18th team in the first Group Stage.

I hope to see you there.

Hurrikane

I've begged, bitched, asked nicely, not nicely etc..... things might change A LOT of FPC would make a public announcement that they are even a sponsor of WOF anymore and what the prizes will be in advance.

There's also many of us that want to know what the hell happened last season. Not to much to ask from you and them. But for months.... NOTHING! :( Only you at this point have said they are involved this year. When I publicly and privately asked you about the prizes you said you didn't know what happened last year and would look into it. Yet, you've posted the same prizes from 2009 for 2011 but not explained last year. FPC has not publicly said they are a sponsoring WOF in 2011. YES, it needs clarification, and them getting their shit together. Are they making mobs? Doing anything? Going to screw the 2nd and 3rd place teams again? Answers are needed and need to be posted by them.

Parlog... If you don't understand the above.. then I don't know what to tell ya. USA has nothing to be ashamed of if not participating. Most of the teams people have been involved since the start. It's not all about money. For some it is, for others it's the economy, others can't commit to it again.. and many people like me.. not just USA.... read above.

Many of us are tired of the way FPC handled last season and their inability to even respond for their support for this season. We're not to happy you and others didn't get ANYTHING for 2nd and 3rd place. :(

Gl to ya in WOF.... don't think USA will be there again like it has been until FPC gets their heads outta their asses and answers some simple questions and even verifies things in advance. Maybe they'll give you great prizes this year at the end... who knows..... at this point.. dont' care.

+ big PLUS rep to the usa.. everybody should do the same, drop the wof, and let FPC think a bit, no need to keep on feeding them with money, as long it runs like now

Sir Lance Lancelot
Support possible main depending on mob
level 64 laser pistoleer, tier 3 2600, gremlin,ghost 5b
Jenna Star Mercury.. GO BLUE

I have 'looked into it'.

Several e-mails and pm's sent to various people in FPC over the last few months.

I've had no indication they've dropped the WoF or will continue to provide jackets and/or prizes. I'm just assuming they will keep their word for now. Can't do a lot else. So I've decided to run it anyway, for the original reasons; the fun, the glory, the title. If FPC get in touch with me with their plans for this WoF and the future of the WoF then you guys will be the first to know about it.

Meanwhile, I have a tournament to run. Hope to see some of you there.

Hurrikane

I have 'looked into it'.

Several e-mails and pm's sent to various people in FPC over the last few months.

I've had no indication they've dropped the WoF or will continue to provide jackets and/or prizes. I'm just assuming they will keep their word for now. Can't do a lot else. So I've decided to run it anyway, for the original reasons; the fun, the glory, the title. If FPC get in touch with me with their plans for this WoF and the future of the WoF then you guys will be the first to know about it.

Meanwhile, I have a tournament to run. Hope to see some of you there.

Hurrikane

We hope you succeed in it all. I had intended on helping judge, maybe writing stories and helping to promote WOF to grow this year if anyone read my posts right after last season. It's not that I don't think WOF rocks, I just don't want to support FPC that much again with my peds. FPC did the big FU to all of us. Sad that they've not even corresponded with you.

You've pm'ed Marco about it? He was kind in responding to me before about the jackets being so late. I didn't feel it was my place to pm him again about this season.

. . . maybe writing stories and helping to promote WOF to grow this year if anyone read my posts right after last season. . . .

You totally should, maybe talk Coop into co-writing with you.

Best. Stories. EVER!

And I thought I might drop by the qualifier, Hurrikane. Maybe if I can get a word in edgewise, do a little pre-hunt pep talk. . . . offer some shining nuggets of wisdom that came to me through the course of last year's (final) events.

I wouldnt drop the WoF but today i discussed with our team captain the possibility to make a more eco-WoF in form of a no-predamagers agreement. Nations that sign it should neither use predamagers themselves, nor should be confronted with predamagers.

This would make weaker teams far more competitive, but actually it spoils the fun in the semi finals and finals, where its about the killspeed big mob hunting. An option that still would allow predamagers in a restricted way, would be to take the predamagers into the mainteam (example: teamsize 12, 6 mainteam hunters allowed in the finals, 1 judge, leaves space for 5 predamagers), or even more easier to allow more mainteam hunters in the semi finals (like 8+1 judge) or in the finals (11+1judge -the soccer option) and to forbid predamaging as it was the old way completely.

Just some mindfarting there, in case i get positive feedback to this i will put that in the suggestions thread!

Those who have applied to Team USA and not yet in our private forum, please apply to the "WOF Team USA" private forum. Let me if you need some help.

Will be very sorry if we don't see our American cousins out in force this year.

If a team USA doesn't emerge then any with a twitchy trigger finger and wanting a piece of this years WoF action always have a place alongside your friends from across the pond!

li4bd7d78034ee3.jpg

PS I even spelt colour incorrectly for you!

Last edited:
I don't like to read all this. I do understand your frustrations, believe me (probably you know me as a dogged fighter for old content like makeup and such ... always short before banned from forum). At the other hand it would be too easy for team DACH this year. Sure, Oz and BeNeLux are serious combatants ... maybe England. But Russia didn't sign in as well as USA ... WoF becomes lame. I don't like that. What is a WoF-Jacket worth while getting it without fights against our most beloved/hated "number-one-enemy" USA? Do you remember WoF 2007? Do you? C'mon folks! Get your chance at the Miniqualifiers! Even with a team without tons of ubers. Guess what! In the past we have had soo many teams competing without a real chance to win something.

Do you guys really believe you can punish MA/SDS by not taking part in WoF? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Jamira

Last edited:
Do you remember WoF 2007?

I started EU in December 2007 ;), so I didn't experience WOF of old. Saw WOF globals in 2008, started playing in it 2009.

I started EU in December 2007 ;), so I didn't experience WOF of old. Saw WOF globals in 2008, started playing in it 2009.

WoF 2007. That was the time when this special relationship was seeded (Captains were Stryker and me). So far USA succedded all the time. Last year with a whiff I think. Regarding this year our idea was: Blow 'em freakin' bastards away finally!

But suddenly our main target got lost - lol

@Brad: Me (and others of Team DACH) would like to compete with a Team USA again. Get the balls and try to compete without guarantee for the win! C'mon folks! Shall I perform kinda genuflection? I would never do such. I would simply accept that cheap WoF-jacket ;-) But I won't be able to enjoy it without compete to USA before!

Yawn ... I am alone at USA's thread meanwhile. Please think about all this once again! Hope to cya!

@Brad: Me (and others of Team DACH) would like to compete with a Team USA again. Get the balls and try to compete without guarantee for the win! C'mon folks! Shall I perform kinda genuflection? I would never do such. I would simply accept that cheap WoF-jacket ;-) But I won't be able to enjoy it without compete to USA before!

You talk like we won already, i dont see it that way. We have to beat the OJs, the Russians, the French, the Swedes, the Brits, the Australians, the Scots, Amethera and whatnot first. Just to mention a few that came to my mind.

I'm still in. Will have to check my schedule for availability.

Do you guys really believe you can punish MA/SDS by not taking part in WoF? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Jamira

Maybe...

three hours of hunting at the top of our ability against whatever was thrown at us did cause us to spend at a higher rate than we otherwise would have... multiply that by 8 rounds and 50 players per round... not to mention other teams.

Marco won't be tossing and turning in bed or anything, but i think the difference in Ped spent will make extra hours of effort for future events seem more worth it...

Get Hurrikane to get FPC to take care of the 2nd and 3rd place teams last year and publicly post that they ARE supporting it this year and provided X prizes.... this would have been a whole new season. No one there seems to care to reply. Hurrikane has never responded about what he was told, if anything about the crap that happened to the other teams last season.

It would have been simple to have taken care of at the time but our 'community manager' screwed this up big time. PM Hanne and see if things change.... it's not my job to have made sure last season was taken care of properly. It wasn't my job to bitch, piss and moan to get our jackets 3 months late, 2 months after Hanne promised them.

Yes, these are the consequences when a company and their community manager suck at doing what they say they will do. :wise:

Also - look at my very very old post in general discussion about events..... says it all... says even more that no one, not Hurrikane, Hanne, Marco.. no one replied in it. Once I pointed Hurrikane to it he said he hadn't realized it had happened. How can someone run and event and not know? :scratch2: The writing was on the wall then. Was up to them to fix it. They didn't...

Also - look at my very very old post in general discussion about events..... says it all... says even more that no one, not Hurrikane, Hanne, Marco.. no one replied in it.

Can you post a link?

Can you post a link?

Links galore for ya...

Link to Hurrikanes post in reply to one I'd made about prizes for 2011 and his response of not knowing about what happened:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-and-Info***&p=2641077&viewfull=1#post2641077

Link to my thanking him in the same thread as above and providing him the link below:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-and-Info***&p=2642955&viewfull=1#post2642955

Link to my initial post in general section of forum about events with no response from anyone 'official'

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?203108-Community-Events-and-Prizes

Have our neighbours to the south decided if they want to live up to the American Dream and win it all? Would be a shame if the most powerful nation in the world didn't even show up :D

I spoke with Brad and Hurrikane about merging Canada and the USA into a team North America, but Hurrikane says it's too late to officially change the teams and re-do the drawing. However, he is ok with any Americans helping out under the Canadian flag (we still have some spots open on the main team too)

I think USA WILL try to field a team this year. Nothing like the power house we had last year but anything to pass the bragging rights to someone else this year and make it somewhat official. :smoke:

I think USA WILL try to field a team this year. Nothing like the power house we had last year but anything to pass the bragging rights to someone else this year and make it somewhat official. :smoke:

Hurry up! Last chance is to win the Miniqualifiers end of March. Only one team can win there.

Application submitted, pending Hurrikane's approval.

brad much respect for stepping up this year first and foremost and thanks for keeping the spirit of USA WOF going.

i for one decided at the end of last year's WOF, my 5th in a row, to step down and not do WOF this year. that decision had nothing to do with any of the supposed reasons spilling over the forums atm but 100% due to the fact that after 5 years of it, i am very, very, very tired.

with all that said, i'd be happy to help out this year in a limited capacity. if needed for main this week, i will show up and kill Neconu's to help to ensure that team USA qualifies. i will be online and available at the start time. if i am not needed for the USA to field a team, that is also fine.

Darth Skippie Boobie
267 Health
Tier 2-3 POE 8A SGA
Tier 6 Mod Merc, Tier 4 Imk2, Tier 3 Mod FF4400m + a204 SGA & a204s

Yay skippie's in the house, this should help a bunch!!

Welcome to team 'noober' USA. Lol

Thanks Skippie.

Per the main team rules, we can't add you for this week. We'll see what happens and if we'll continue.

You're welcome to come out and join support when you want to, meeting up at Wolverine TP before the hunting starts.

I've submitted 2100MA (Rocktropia communicated this as well), but nothing appears official just yet.

USA F**K YEAH!! :yay::yay::yay:

Back