Ideas to improve society terminal

Status
More suggestions welcomed :)

true juan;2663068[color="#00ff00" said:
]- show last activity of a player(time-day-month-year)[/color]

- option to auto-kick due to inactivity(set to 1month 2months 3months 6months 1year) no. The generic. Leaves no room for the descretionary capabilities of a good leader

- auto-promote/demote (options of skill-based or duration-in-soc-based) yeah, why not

- auto-delete(disband) society after all members are inactive for more than 6 months(should be done automatically, many dead socs in game :rolleyes:) no way.

- leadership: Leader could decide on who will take his place without people having to vote
no. Long live democracy

- alliance: 3 socs could form an aliance(meaning they could have their own chat and cooperate this way, you could also add allies to your fl from terminal) i'd not limit it to three.

Added from suggestions in posts below:

- society list (no need to put all your society members in fl list, you can pm them from soc list)
- application: Should be more complex(add date of entry into the game, max lvl in any prof, total skills)
- add that soc leaders should be able to see each members total skill count. hell no.

- change soc rank from average skill total to average skill volume (tt value).

- minimum 10 members to be ranked.

- ability to notify all members with important information. don"t spam me. The hofs are annoying enough. Want to tell me something? Use soc-chat

- increase maximum number of member "ranks" available in the society and make the rank titles customisable by the society leader. (similar to the way ranks work in xfire guild).

- make society features also available through the web interface to aid senior members with administration (for example, so that member list could be cut&pasted into a spreadsheet).
- different color of message when a soc mate globals or hofs (so that we dont miss it)
don't add even more spam

- update of gui for society terminal (its funny how we have a different looking gui for everything)

please post your thoughts on this

thanks,
tj:bandit:

red = hell no
green = hell yeah/why not

And a bump...

red = hell no
green = hell yeah/why not

- option to auto-kick due to inactivity(set to 1month 2months 3months 6months 1year) no. The generic. Leaves no room for the descretionary capabilities of a good leader

It is not easy doing it in large societies, why would this not be a good option to have? Would it harm the socs in any ways? Would it affect you?

--------------------------------------------------------

- auto-delete(disband) society after all members are inactive for more than 6 months(should be done automatically, many dead socs in game ) no way.

Why not, explain... why do we need FULL TERMINAL of useless socs? Lets have less but really active!

- leadership: Leader could decide on who will take his place without people having to vote
no. Long live democracy

Maybe have a Democratic/Diktartor type socs? Why not have more options... Much easier selecting someone than having to get a lot of people to vote

- add that soc leaders should be able to see each members total skill count. hell no.
why not? since you're in the soc anyways, maybe, allow an option that could be set to visible to different people(all members, veterans, leaders)

- ability to notify all members with important information. don"t spam me. The hofs are annoying enough. Want to tell me something? Use soc-chat

Well, what if the leader is offline, and there is supposed to be something like a meeting at a certain time... it would just notify you witha simple and small message when you open EU... how is that bad? If you dont want communication, why even enter a soc? :)

- different color of message when a soc mate globals or hofs (so that we dont miss it)

don't add even more spam

how is it spam? you can turn the globals off anyways? but if someone has it on, why not have a different color for your mates?

Maybe explain, how each of these things effect you in any way... how it could harm you. Overall its improvements imho. Maybe not for you, but I know many who would like these improvements asap.

Last edited:

It is not easy doing it in large societies, why would this not be a good option to have? Would it harm the socs in any ways? Would it affect you?

Because managing the soc is the job of the soc leader. You take responsibility for your actions and do not blame it on the system. Besides, kicking you colonels after e.g. 1 month of inactivity is not the brightest thing in the world. If this were to be based on levels i.e. you can kick recruits automagically after a certain period of time this would be making life easier. Other than that - thanks, but no thanks.

no. Long live democracy

Maybe have a Democratic/Diktartor type socs? Why not have more options... Much easier selecting someone than having to get a lot of people to vote

Have you ever seen a general elected by the votes of recruits? Some soc types should be democratic and others should definitely not be.

why not? since you're in the soc anyways, maybe, allow an option that could be set to visible to different people(all members, veterans, leaders)

Yes please - would make promoting ppl a helluva lot easier.

Well, what if the leader is offline, and there is supposed to be something like a meeting at a certain time... it would just notify you witha simple and small message when you open EU... how is that bad? If you dont want communication, why even enter a soc?

Get a Soc Forum? Use Soc Chat? Skype? Announcments would be a useless addition imo.

don't add even more spam

how is it spam? you can turn the globals off anyways? but if someone has it on, why not have a different color for your mates?

It could be a slightly different color, so as not to be too intrusive. Besides, there are programs that already track your chat file for friends globals that. Like JIIIS Autotracker for example.

Maybe explain, how each of these things effect you in any way... how it could harm you. Overall its improvements imho. Maybe not for you, but I know many who would like these improvements asap.

And I know many who do not. Want to count where the majority lies?

Because managing the soc is the job of the soc leader. You take responsibility for your actions and do not blame it on the system. Besides, kicking you colonels after e.g. 1 month of inactivity is not the brightest thing in the world. If this were to be based on levels i.e. you can kick recruits automagically after a certain period of time this would be making life easier. Other than that - thanks, but no thanks.

:) heh, why does everyone take extreme examples and use them as the argument of not having such a feature. I didnt say it should be set to a month, I said there could be a lot more options, and/or NO option set at all. It could just be there for anyone that has less time managing a soc

Have you ever seen a general elected by the votes of recruits? Some soc types should be democratic and others should definitely not be.

Well thats what I am saying too. I guess, this is what we agree with.

Yes please - would make promoting ppl a helluva lot easier.

Another agreement? or...

Get a Soc Forum? Use Soc Chat? Skype? Announcments would be a useless addition imo.

Yes, there are other ways to communicate. This would just be a simple message to everyone in the soc, that would make sure everyone sees it when they get online. Not saying that this feature is really needed, but again, just a little upgrage of soc management.

It could be a slightly different color, so as not to be too intrusive. Besides, there are programs that already track your chat file for friends globals that. Like JIIIS Autotracker for example.

Again, not saying that this feature is what people dream of. Just a little change

And I know many who do not. Want to count where the majority lies?

There are many more ideas in the OP, and I know that a few of them are a MUST. Some of them are just a small upgrade, that would help managing socs :)

Possibly repeating old ideas but...

1. Consolidating groups of socs like NBK and such within one uber tiered soc, each with specific chains of command, so they have there own channels if desired, but are one soc! Makes more sense to me.

2. Activity bar per player over their whole ingame time, make it easier to figure who is having a break and who played for 2 weeks as a nub and never logged back. Can't always tell this otherwise.

Keep up the thread! MA - read this:p

Possibly repeating old ideas but...

1. Consolidating groups of socs like NBK and such within one uber tiered soc, each with specific chains of command, so they have there own channels if desired, but are one soc! Makes more sense to me.

2. Activity bar per player over their whole ingame time, make it easier to figure who is having a break and who played for 2 weeks as a nub and never logged back. Can't always tell this otherwise.

Keep up the thread! MA - read this:p

More ideas welcomed bump :) We need improvement...

OK

1) Upgradeable societies. Each society starts off as they are now, with a set template, capped membership at 200, one society channel, only 6 ranks, no storage.
2) To upgrade a society members must complete hunt or build missions, which can be obtained from the society terminal. For example: A hunt mission gets you 1-10 points per day, depending on difficulty. A build mission gets 1-10 points per day, depending on difficulty. To unlock higher level missions the society must be leveled up.
3) Upgrading a society requires more points than the last upgrade to get to the next level, thus higher level quests are introduced as above. These require higher level players to complete quickly, or alot of players doing low level quests, rewarding societies who train hard or appeal to the advanced crowd, but not locking out groups who focus on new players.
4) Upgrading society membership count beyond 200 requires ownership or designation of a society office. Until the office is actually owned, the member count cannot be upgraded. If the office is lost the member count is lowered. For every 50 members desired the society must have a new office. These are located in all the major towns. Also any building (apartment, house, cabin/shed, etc) may be designated as a society office. A land area may not, but the cabin on it may. A shop may.
4) Society Tiers get the following unlocked.
  • Tier 0 - nothing, basic society.
  • Tier 1 - Unlock custom rank management, giving up to 10 ranks with custom permissions. Unlock ability to declare society structure as democratic or autocratic; level 1 hunt & build quests.
  • Tier 2 - Unlock Society Banner. Unlock ability to enter an alliance; level 2 hunt & build quests.
  • Tier 3 - Unlock 1 society office capability, upgrades total available member slots to 250. Unlock society news board at society office, granting in-game messaging without daily spam. Unlock 1 society shared storage with access levels restriction. An existing strongbox (chest, safe, julknapp, etc) must be designated as the storage. This board must be constructed. It is a crafted item; level 3 hunt & build quests.
  • Tier 4 - Unlock 1 society office capability, upgrades total available member slots to 300. Unlock 1 society shared storage with access levels restriction. An existing strongbox (chest, safe, julknapp, etc) must be designated as the storage. Total storage now 2. Unlock multiple society chatrooms. 1 chatroom available per office. Members may affiliate themselves with an office and by doing so society chat defaults to that chatroom; level 4 hunt & build quests.
  • Tier 5 - Unlock 1 society office capability, upgrades total available member slots to 350. Unlock 1 society shared storage with access levels restriction. An existing strongbox (chest, safe, julknapp, etc) must be designated as the storage. Total storage now 3. Unlock ability to create a diplomatic arrangement, declaring up to 3 allies; level 5 hunt & build quests.
  • Tier 6 - Unlock 1 society office capability, upgrades total available member slots to 400. Unlock ability to affiliate with a planet corporation. The planet corporation then provides society members with daily quests rewarding additional tokens. Unlock 1 society shared storage with access levels restriction. An existing strongbox (chest, safe, julknapp, etc) must be designated as the storage. Total storage now 4; level 6 hunt & build quests.
  • Tier 7 - Unlock 1 society office capability, upgrades total available member slots to 450. Unlocks Corporate structure. Corporate structure enables membership tax based on criteria such as total income, hunting income, mining income, shop income, or PvP income, and distribution of tax among a set group of maintainers. Corporate structure enables shared shop maintenance among society designees, allowing for members to actually place and sell items in any or all society shops, or at a society vendor, if one of the types is held by the society and designated by its owner as for society use. Unlock 1 society shared storage with access levels restriction. An existing strongbox (chest, safe, julknapp, etc) must be designated as the storage. Total storage now 5; level 7 hunt & build quests.
  • Tier 8 - Unlock 1 society office capability, upgrades total available member slots to 500. Unlocks a second corporate agent that provides corporate quests to increase standing with the corporation for the individual; level 8 hunt & build quests. Unlock 1 society shared storage with access levels restriction. An existing strongbox (chest, safe, julknapp, etc) must be designated as the storage. Total storage now 6; level 8 hunt & build quests.
  • Tier 9 - Unlock 1 society office capability, upgrades total available member slots to 550. Unlocks 2 more allies; level 9 hunt & build quests. Unlock 1 society shared storage with access levels restriction. An existing strongbox (chest, safe, julknapp, etc) must be designated as the storage. Total storage now 7; level 9 hunt & build quests.
  • Tier 10 - Unlock 1 society office capability, upgrades total available member slots to 600. Unlock ability to declare a war. A war turns all wild areas (excluding towns) into a PvP zone for the participants, and all pre-existing PvP zones into lootable PvP zones. All allies are involved in the war upon entering the alliance, and leave the war upon exiting the alliance. A society may have only 1 war at a time in effect; level 7 hunt & build quests. A side may offer peace at any time. When one side offers, but is not responded to, this is a cease fire that lasts for 24 hours. When both sides respond to a peace offer the war is declared over. A peace offer may be unilateral, or may involve some sort of collateral or arrangement (such as no wars for 6 months, close a society office for 6 months, etc). Allows for the creation of society stock, which can be bought/sold on the open market and who's returns are supported by society taxes. Unlock 1 society shared storage with access levels restriction. An existing strongbox (chest, safe, julknapp, etc) must be designated as the storage. Total storage now 8; level 10 hunt & build quests all go towards individual membership corporate points accrual.

1) Upgradeable societies.

I really like the thought of this. But maybe make it increments of 30(30 60 90 ... 300). I dont think that we have enough players for a 600 people soc :)

Other than that, I really like the idea of upgradeable societies. Some society goals :)

People are usually why we stay to play the game after we have enough of it. Society system just seems so overlooked :)

This Thread Must Never Die! :yay::yay::yay:

Until they get around to re-imagining the soc system of course

Bumpity bumpbump...

This Thread Must Never Die! :yay::yay::yay:

Until they get around to re-imagining the soc system of course

Bumpity bumpbump...

Thank you for the support Rappa :) I'm trying my best to get as much suggestions/opinions/ideas as possible, so that MA has something to choose from. I really do hope they do something about it... would not be wise ignoring the soc system.

When was the last time it was updated? I can only remember it happening once, many years and VUs ago, and afaik, it was just a cosmetic change to the society terminal?

Up with this thread again...

OK

1) Upgradeable societies. Each society starts off as they are now, with a set template, capped membership at 200, one society channel, only 6 ranks, no storage.
2) To upgrade a society members must complete hunt or build missions, which can be obtained from the society terminal. For example: A hunt mission gets you 1-10 points per day, depending on difficulty. A build mission gets 1-10 points per day, depending on difficulty. To unlock higher level missions the society must be leveled up.
3) Upgrading a society requires more points than the last upgrade to get to the next level, thus higher level quests are introduced as above. These require higher level players to complete quickly, or alot of players doing low level quests, rewarding societies who train hard or appeal to the advanced crowd, but not locking out groups who focus on new players.
4) Upgrading society membership count beyond 200 requires ownership or designation of a society office. Until the office is actually owned, the member count cannot be upgraded. If the office is lost the member count is lowered. For every 50 members desired the society must have a new office. These are located in all the major towns. Also any building (apartment, house, cabin/shed, etc) may be designated as a society office. A land area may not, but the cabin on it may. A shop may.
4) Society Tiers get the following unlocked.
  • Tier 0 - nothing, basic society.
  • Tier 1 - Unlock custom rank management, giving up to 10 ranks with custom permissions. Unlock ability to declare society structure as democratic or autocratic; level 1 hunt & build quests.
  • Tier 2 - Unlock Society Banner. Unlock ability to enter an alliance; level 2 hunt & build quests.
  • Tier 3 - Unlock 1 society office capability, upgrades total available member slots to 250. Unlock society news board at society office, granting in-game messaging without daily spam. Unlock 1 society shared storage with access levels restriction. An existing strongbox (chest, safe, julknapp, etc) must be designated as the storage. This board must be constructed. It is a crafted item; level 3 hunt & build quests.
  • Tier 4 - Unlock 1 society office capability, upgrades total available member slots to 300. Unlock 1 society shared storage with access levels restriction. An existing strongbox (chest, safe, julknapp, etc) must be designated as the storage. Total storage now 2. Unlock multiple society chatrooms. 1 chatroom available per office. Members may affiliate themselves with an office and by doing so society chat defaults to that chatroom; level 4 hunt & build quests.
  • Tier 5 - Unlock 1 society office capability, upgrades total available member slots to 350. Unlock 1 society shared storage with access levels restriction. An existing strongbox (chest, safe, julknapp, etc) must be designated as the storage. Total storage now 3. Unlock ability to create a diplomatic arrangement, declaring up to 3 allies; level 5 hunt & build quests.
  • Tier 6 - Unlock 1 society office capability, upgrades total available member slots to 400. Unlock ability to affiliate with a planet corporation. The planet corporation then provides society members with daily quests rewarding additional tokens. Unlock 1 society shared storage with access levels restriction. An existing strongbox (chest, safe, julknapp, etc) must be designated as the storage. Total storage now 4; level 6 hunt & build quests.
  • Tier 7 - Unlock 1 society office capability, upgrades total available member slots to 450. Unlocks Corporate structure. Corporate structure enables membership tax based on criteria such as total income, hunting income, mining income, shop income, or PvP income, and distribution of tax among a set group of maintainers. Corporate structure enables shared shop maintenance among society designees, allowing for members to actually place and sell items in any or all society shops, or at a society vendor, if one of the types is held by the society and designated by its owner as for society use. Unlock 1 society shared storage with access levels restriction. An existing strongbox (chest, safe, julknapp, etc) must be designated as the storage. Total storage now 5; level 7 hunt & build quests.
  • Tier 8 - Unlock 1 society office capability, upgrades total available member slots to 500. Unlocks a second corporate agent that provides corporate quests to increase standing with the corporation for the individual; level 8 hunt & build quests. Unlock 1 society shared storage with access levels restriction. An existing strongbox (chest, safe, julknapp, etc) must be designated as the storage. Total storage now 6; level 8 hunt & build quests.
  • Tier 9 - Unlock 1 society office capability, upgrades total available member slots to 550. Unlocks 2 more allies; level 9 hunt & build quests. Unlock 1 society shared storage with access levels restriction. An existing strongbox (chest, safe, julknapp, etc) must be designated as the storage. Total storage now 7; level 9 hunt & build quests.
  • Tier 10 - Unlock 1 society office capability, upgrades total available member slots to 600. Unlock ability to declare a war. A war turns all wild areas (excluding towns) into a PvP zone for the participants, and all pre-existing PvP zones into lootable PvP zones. All allies are involved in the war upon entering the alliance, and leave the war upon exiting the alliance. A society may have only 1 war at a time in effect; level 7 hunt & build quests. A side may offer peace at any time. When one side offers, but is not responded to, this is a cease fire that lasts for 24 hours. When both sides respond to a peace offer the war is declared over. A peace offer may be unilateral, or may involve some sort of collateral or arrangement (such as no wars for 6 months, close a society office for 6 months, etc). Allows for the creation of society stock, which can be bought/sold on the open market and who's returns are supported by society taxes. Unlock 1 society shared storage with access levels restriction. An existing strongbox (chest, safe, julknapp, etc) must be designated as the storage. Total storage now 8; level 10 hunt & build quests all go towards individual membership corporate points accrual.

Excellent idea! Complex but really very interesting. I am the leader of a company with little more than 4 years of life. In some moment we were on the top of the list of the most numerous societies (2008). With with more than 50 members the societies become very cumbersome of handling. In addition I believe that the idea of prestige the most ancient societies with members with many years in Entropy is excellent, wish fervently that Mindark takes note of the idea and implements it. The skills and the professions are acquired and/or are bought, the commitment of years dedicated to the novices formation and promoting Entropy Universe with a site that receives hundreds of visits a month, no. Argentrópicos has had a long path for that I wait at some time it is recognized by Mindark.

Up with the thread... bring in more thoughts :)

OK

Hmm... what happens to members if the places lost are already filled?

It would be interesting know the opinion of Mindark on these issues and, at least, know if it is in their plans to upgrade the society terminal in the future.

I have a proposal: create a new level above the level of societies: the Federation (or whatever you call it). This level would be chaired by a "commander" or "president" who would have the following powers and duties:

> Determine the name of the federation
> Request to the generals (by vote) the association of a new society to the federation
> Request a vote of the highest authority of each society to disaffiliate a member of the federation.
> Be elected by vote of the generals of the member societies.
> Once elected "commander of the federation" gives way as a society general.
> Determines the characteristics of the member societys.

Chat between members of the federation:

It would create a new level of chat that would allow members of the societies that make part of the federation read and write in the "federation chat" when it is selected.

Last edited:
No, I will not let this thread die :)

Its been a while, so BUMP :)

Still waiting for this :)

And up with it again :)

Cmon MA, at least the time/date of last activity of a player for Soc Leaders... how is that still not implemented? :scratch2:

I'm back to the game, and by chance (thanks to your bumps TJ), saw this thread. As a long-time general (or boss) of TLS, i have to say i agree 100% with all your suggestions (except the GUI update, i don't see any need to change that for now), especially:
- knowing the inactivity duration of a player
- basic info about skills of members/applying members
- alliance with other socs and shared chat (with a maximum of 3-4 socs perhaps)
- possibility of mass-mailing by leaders and officers at least (yes, that'd mean you could PM offline players). This is especially usefull if not all of the members use a forum, and certainly helps the logistics when planning a society activity. More soc activities = more decay. And I won't even mention planet travel logistics.
- the auto-managing tools are also wicked :). I remember how long elections for a new leadership usually are... this is very annoying.

And one of my own: soc terminal could show online status of soc members (online, offline, away)

I'm back to the game, and by chance (thanks to your bumps TJ), saw this thread. As a long-time general (or boss) of TLS, i have to say i agree 100% with all your suggestions (except the GUI update, i don't see any need to change that for now), especially:
- knowing the inactivity duration of a player
- basic info about skills of members/applying members
- alliance with other socs and shared chat (with a maximum of 3-4 socs perhaps)
- possibility of mass-mailing by leaders and officers at least (yes, that'd mean you could PM offline players). This is especially usefull if not all of the members use a forum, and certainly helps the logistics when planning a society activity. More soc activities = more decay. And I won't even mention planet travel logistics.
- the auto-managing tools are also wicked :). I remember how long elections for a new leadership usually are... this is very annoying.

And one of my own: soc terminal could show online status of soc members (online, offline, away)

Thank you very much for the support. I truly want this game to prosper, and its the little things that make the game better.

When will MA implement something for the players comfort, instead of always something that makes them $ ???

Status
Back