Question: What would you do with 10k peds, to ensure that you kept it?

goodgrief999

Old Alpha
Society
All Great Of EU
Boo Boo Riddler
Hi, I am about to invest 10 k peds and am intending to save up within EU. Are there any ubers who could give me tips on rock solid investment (s), other than just leaving it on my ped card?
I am considering trading, but everyone says it is boring and am lvl 30 plasma sniper. Hunting is my thing.:)
Thanks in advance:yay:

To ensure you keep it, don't deposit it in the first place, lol.

Remember, MA guarantees only TT value, so tie it up in TT value to "ensure" you don't waste it. The only way to do that is ONLY spend it on TT items you buy off of others, OR tie it up in really high TT UL items. You will lose the markup value, but with stuff like swords, that should not be too darn high, at least on the lower-mid level stuff. With guns and high level swords, it'll cost you a bit though. .... example would be the embra c1 I bought the other day... that can only decay down to 50%, so I can tie up over 1k right there alone. Do that over and over a few times, and it would not be hard to tie up 10k.

Good thing about this is then it forces you to be smarter with future deposits, it allows you to be able to withdraw later, and if you do need a bank loan someday in game, it might be possible. Also might give you the ability to do collateral loans on the stuff to others, but since MA calls all trades "final," I'd say just hold on to the stuff and don't lend it out as UL SIB stuff is usually fairly rare, and some might be willing to pay a lot for it, even if your collateral amount is high.

Hi, I am about to invest 10 k peds and am intending to save up within EU. Are there any ubers who could give me tips on rock solid investment (s), other than just leaving it on my ped card?
I am considering trading, but everyone says it is boring and am lvl 30 plasma sniper. Hunting is my thing.:)

No offense mate
but do you think any uber, having aware the situation within EU atm, that has a leeching source, that would give it away like that?
And atm, 10k PED is kind of short for most stuff being honest

And atm, 10k PED is kind of short for most stuff being honest

A couple of years ago a hangar was sold for 10k peds, I believe. it was certainly offered, here on the forum. My intention is TO SAVE UP and hopefully, eventually, buy a hangar

A couple of years ago a hangar was sold for 10k peds, I believe. it was certainly offered, here on the forum. My intention is TO SAVE UP and hopefully, eventually, buy a hangar

Have you checked out what prices hangars fetched before they became untradable ?

As Mastermesh said don't deposit it. Put it in a bank and earn a little interest on it, save it up there and if your dead set on depositing it, do it in one go.

There's no guarantee that hangers will still be worth as much as they were before anyway.

There are questions regarding the space flight system. Why develop a system for the few players who own hangers, will they instead develop single seater L space craft for anyone to travel between planets? If thats the case then hangers could end up being worth a lot less, especially if space is pvp.

tbh people using EU as investments has resulted in many things becoming vastly over priced and in the case of apartments taken completely off the market with the odd few turning up as people sell out.

withdraw it

What are your reasons for wanting to do this?!? :scratch2:

Well 10k ped, hmmmmm.... Okay let convert USD and CD at par for this. You could take that 10k and instead of depoing it you could put it in a TFSA and build 3% intrest on it. Sure that's only $30 a year but that's more then you are garunteed to make here.
Bottom line, if you are here to make a profit you need alot more then 10kped. If your here to have fun then their are better investments.

10k Peds that will do for 10-15 days hunting.:lolup:

What are your reasons for wanting to do this?!? :scratch2:

To have fun, hopefully with a relatively safe investment, oh and to give me something to do (ferrying passengers)

Last edited:
Do consider that even though your "deposit" turns into peds on your card, it counts as sales for MA, and goes directly to their pockets. The actual money is not put aside into a special "all the ped in the game" bank account, waiting for it to be claimed. Ped is not a real currency. It is not backed by anything of real value.

Also bear in mind, that MA only guarantees your last six months worth of deposits prior to any "incidents". So if you deposit 10k ped, six months goes by with no deposits, and something happens, they are not liable to you for any amount of money.

It's these two reasons that I will not make any "investments" into this game. If they ever change this rule and rework their business model the way it should be (which is the way most players have been led to believe...) I will give it further consideration. It is EXTREMELY high risk, and it's not like putting your money into a bank. It's buying play money from a company and you have the opportunity to request a refund. If you play the game well, the refund can be bigger than the original play money they sold you.

But your money is not protected AT ALL. Don't put anything in that you can't afford to lose, because as far as investments go, I haven't seen much from this game to suggest its a safe one...

Do consider that even though your "deposit" turns into peds on your card, it counts as sales for MA, and goes directly to their pockets. The actual money is not put aside into a special "all the ped in the game" bank account, waiting for it to be claimed. Ped is not a real currency. It is not backed by anything of real value.

Also bear in mind, that MA only guarantees your last six months worth of deposits prior to any "incidents". So if you deposit 10k ped, six months goes by with no deposits, and something happens, they are not liable to you for any amount of money.

It's these two reasons that I will not make any "investments" into this game. If they ever change this rule and rework their business model the way it should be (which is the way most players have been led to believe...) I will give it further consideration. It is EXTREMELY high risk, and it's not like putting your money into a bank. It's buying play money from a company and you have the opportunity to request a refund. If you play the game well, the refund can be bigger than the original play money they sold you.

But your money is not protected AT ALL. Don't put anything in that you can't afford to lose, because as far as investments go, I haven't seen much from this game to suggest its a safe one...
]

Thankyou, interesting post which I will consider, I didn't know about the 6 month thing:)

]

Thankyou, interesting post which I will consider, I didn't know about the 6 month thing:)

the 6 month thing is rubbish, becuse people cant read/understand the EULA properly. dont worry about it, your ped are just as safe after 1 month or 1 year (just how safe is that... a completly different topic :D )

dont deposit 10k to "invest". theres nothing to "invest" in at that price (imo there are only two investments, hangars and LA). you might be able to speculate that prices of weapons or some other item or estates will return to their pre-crash highs, but you risk them losing half their value again.

deposit 10k and then spend it on what you want and if you are hunting, cycle it and recycle it. 10k should last along time if you understand when to cut loses (ie stop hunting if having big loss run). if you want to risk the markup, get a low/mid range unL SIB weapon like say a CB19 (or below, might be better for lvl30) and use the rest to churn through argos or similar.

A few means 6-7 years?

the 6 month thing is rubbish, becuse people cant read/understand the EULA properly. dont worry about it, your ped are just as safe after 1 month or 1 year (just how safe is that... a completly different topic :D )

ToU said:
9. MINDARK'S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
MindArk reserves the right to interrupt the services available via Entropia Universe and/or the operation of the Entropia Universe System with or without prior notice for any reason. You agree that MindArk will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by interruption of the Entropia Universe, delay or failure to perform.

MINDARK'S LIABILITY TOWARDS YOU SHALL, IF ACKNOWLEDGED, IN EACH INCIDENCE BE LIMITED TO NO MORE THAN THE TOTAL AMOUNT TRANSFERRED INTO THE INVOLVED ACCOUNT BY SAID PARTICIPANT UNDER SIX MONTHS PERIOD PRIOR TO THE INCIDENT.

Is there something I'm missing?

byu 2 shops in Medusa Head and wait for the end of the recession :wtg:

Is there something I'm missing?

well, the previous three paragraphs apparently and not appreciating the importance of the heading: "MINDARK'S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY". It's legal liability to loss or damage of using the software, ie your graphics card gets fried. you'll see something similar on nearly all software and the normal limitation (if acknowledged... the previous paragraphs tell you how there's no way this will happen) is the purchase price. with a free game there is no such price, so they put in 6 months as a value. it used to be limited to your "initial" deposit, which is often $10.

the only assurance that you may withdraw is that MA make the facility available. if have ped and ask to withdraw you will receive money, assuming they have not refused due to some reason. (section 7). as long as the servers are up and the withdraw option is there, you are fine. in the event either of these two points change, join the queue just like any other creditor with any other company.

To have fun, hopefully with a relatively safe investment, oh and to give me something to do (ferrying passengers)

Yeah... ummm...

Maybe you wanna rephrase that?

<it's a video game...>

Mainly to re-iterate what has been said before in this thread:

For a solid investment for financial (IRL) gain you would be much better off doing something with your money IRL, savings account etc.. as there is a great deal of risk involved with this game and it may just end up screwing you over.

If i could give you one piece of advice to take with you on your entropian career it would be to only deposit what you can afford to loose, this may come as a given for most people, but that rather shiney looking new bp, or new shop, or new armor set that you think is going to pay off, may just end up turning around and biting you.

The other piece of advice in terms of investing money in EU would be to do your research and then some, the fact that you have posted here first shows that you have some sense that alot of other people might not neccesarily have.

Personally i would invest my money in something that is going to enhance my gameplay, and my fun, after all this is a game. If your serious about depositing your money i would reccomend finding out what you like to do best in the game, wether it be hunting, mining, crafting, trading or whatever, and then buy something to progress you in that field, i.e for hunting go for a SIB ul weapon in the catagory you want to hunt with, mining chip in some skills / buy a finder and some amps, same for crafting, skills and bps. But before you spend any of your money id advise you to put in $10 or $20 and make sure you understand what you are doing first. As even on budgets like yous (<$1000) this game can be very unforgiving with its RNG

if you are looking to make money ingame you have a quite an obstacle to get around (Fixed %age loot returns) but there are ways to get ahead in every profession all it takes is a little know-how and careful planning and consideration. However, people who have spent the time to work this out aren't just going to part with the information, so it all boils down to you doing the legwork yourself.

So all in all, dont treat this game like an investment, treat it like a game, pay to play, invest your money in something elsewhere.

well, the previous three paragraphs apparently and not appreciating the importance of the heading: "MINDARK'S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY". It's legal liability to loss or damage of using the software, ie your graphics card gets fried. you'll see something similar on nearly all software and the normal limitation (if acknowledged... the previous paragraphs tell you how there's no way this will happen) is the purchase price. with a free game there is no such price, so they put in 6 months as a value. it used to be limited to your "initial" deposit, which is often $10.

The entire section is not exclusive to damages from using the software. If you read the paragraphs that I didn't quote, the first main paragraph basically says that Mindark is not liable to you for anything that happens to YOU. Your example about graphics cards would fall under this paragraph. The second paragraph says they are not liable to you for anything that happens to THEM. Say, if they lose any information on your account for whatever reason like server failure. The third says they are not liable to you for anything outside of Mindark's control, like wars or acts of God. The fourth (which I quoted) says that they are not liable to you if they choose to shut down the service for any reason.

Then covering all those paragraphs is the six month clause, where if you have a reasonable case as to why they owe you (and Mindark agrees with you) then the amount will be limited to the previous six months worth of deposits.

In any case, if you're considering putting a lot of money into the game, it would be quite wise to read and understand not only this section, but the entire ToU as well, before making any decisions.

10k ped turned over daily can make you about 250-500 ped a day to hunt with, where all the loots can be seen as profit that pile up in your storage or can be added to the trade turnover. A few traders managed to turn over four times that per day. But that is not only hard time-consuming work, the really hard part is to go back to work after a good run and even more to keep the 10k ped turnover at 10k ped. As soon you start to rely on "the hof will come soon" you will lose money.

All the bitter come out to play in this thread eh. Of course nothing is rock solid, but there is plenty of stuff I wouldn't sell right now because I think it will be worth more in the future. I wouldn't deposit it just to leave it sit, If you want to be "safe" I'd cycle it mining once you know what you are doing, heck if you do it unamped I'd expect you'd make a small profit over time.

Buy p5aL + a104 amps and go shoot in the trox mission for exemple :D. You can also buying grem armor w/o plates
and about the fap, 110fap must be found at good price.

The only circumstance in which I would expect to invest in EU would be if someone held a gun to my head.

Assuming someone's holding a gun to my head, I would invest in items that presently have no or very little mark up. I'm talking consistantly (for Day, Weeks and Months) at 101% and 102% maximum. I would also spread that investment, so that the 10k went into at least eight or nine items. As I know mining, I'd most likely go for ores and enmatters. There was a time when Lysterium Ingot was 102% - 104%; these days its up around 108% - 110%. So I'd wait for these kind of jumps in the market to cash in.

That said, as dynamic as the EU is, it would be a long term plan. Ultimately what I'm saying is it won't be a great amount of fun. So perhaps you should treat it like a game and have the fun while spending (as opposed to investing) what you can comfortably afford to.

Back