Content Release 2011.1

hopes shinook jungle isn't messed up for miners

Iron challanges ? :rolleyes: . . . Meh , boring stuff , usual hunting with points (and more novas as prize).
Better bring back the Beacons !!!!

Beacons are a platform feature that requires coding by MA. Missions are something SDS can do on their own.

What, you mean they don't do that IRL? :eyecrazy:

Only after smoking some weed.

Tombletoss FTW, wander how much support cases people filled in :)

greetings,

bigdeal

Content release. :scratch2:

I didn't see any content (well the stadium that was included with the CND sale 6 years ago :laugh:) just a few bug fixes.

and from same post ...
---------------------------------------------------------------
Old systemsThere are still a few systems from the pre-VU10 era that MindArk has yet to reintroduce. These are hangars, taming, mentor, beauty/makeup, and beacons. MindArk is reluctant to share ETA’s on the systems but claim “it will come”. Below is the latest info supplied to FPC.

Hangars will be put in the first FPC release after the new year. Initially the spaceships will not be a “space taxi” as before (as “space” will come in a later MindArk release). Instead, the space ships will work as unlimited flying vehicles. The hangars will once space is opened serve as an important part of the system.

Taming is being developed by MindArk at the moment. The system will be enhanced and given more purpose and game play compared to the old system. A MindArk rep even hinted of being able to ride flying mobs. Is there a storyline hook for Calypso here, are you going to side with tech or nature?

The mentor system is being redesigned from the ground up. The initial information is to add layers to it to allow good and proven mentors access to special areas (like the Gateway) and also to connect mentors to various programmes like recruitment on the web, on Facebook, Twitter, etc. I believe it is of high importance to allow the dedicated players the tools to do their great deed, in order to let the newcomers come in and learn about the world of Calypso.

Beauty/makeup is an important system for personal expression and creativity. I know it started development but was put on hold for the time being. I speculate that it can have something to do with the rumors of an upcoming avatar system update (maybe we will see a system where textures aren’t mirrored as they are today, allowing for more unique looks?).

Beacon missions are going to be part of the current missions system, but greatly expanded to allow for more than just robot ships – with it FPC can add a variety of instanced “dungeons” with different themes and styles.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no deposite of mine! not before minimum beacons or make up is back.

yay yet another new system noone wants and still none of the requested old features back.
:wtg: to loose your customers.
Btw no I do not care about the dynamic company names the devs work under now.
Anyway my pc is broken for a few days now so no need to get it set up for Eu too soon...
noting new anyway.

So... these new achievements is just a new shiny so everybody who wants to know how good you are can see it now? Hrm...

I'd rather want my already fossilified pet back :eyecrazy:

Mindark, listen to your customers!

Iron Challenge = Grinder Challenge. MA's desperation to get us spending more PED is pretty obvious.

Achievements? Who asked for an achievement system? Of all the things the player base asks for every day in this forum and they give us "Achievements"??? It's just another way to encourage the grinding!

MA, stop assuming you know best and LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!

BOYCOTT ALL GRINDING!!

Sam :(
(A disappointed panda)

Iron Challenge = Grinder Challenge. MA's desperation to get us spending more PED is pretty obvious.

Achievements? Who asked for an achievement system? Of all the things the player base asks for every day in this forum and they give us "Achievements"??? It's just another way to encourage the grinding!

MA, stop assuming you know best and LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!

BOYCOTT ALL GRINDING!!

Sam :(
(A disappointed panda)

They don't know, what a customer is and how to handle! But they know what milk cows are:D

They don't know, what a customer is and how to handle! But they know what milk cows are:D

You made my day, thanks :). +rep but with one crying eye, because it seems so true...

you know you are right. I just ordered this for MindArk and SDS

dummies.jpg

You can't know how many really, really like to show off they achievements..in Wow ppl bother to do unbelievable things to get some title, believe me, I have seen it.

Me too like to use some title, or let my some of my achievements show, at least sometimes even if not on regular basis. Its one form of communication, inherent in human nature, and it costs no one nothing :)

Milestones are impotant, there are skill levels and skill unlocks already, but they are so far separated, and in between there are months of monotonous skilling.. the more goals you can set according to your taste the better! Good thing too, that you can turn the option off if you like.

I'd rather want my already fossilified pet back :eyecrazy:

I am sorry for your poor pet :( I really hope MA keeps their promises (this time) and let you take your pet out to see some lush meadows soon!

Like it or not that Achievemetn system will bring a lot of new players.

Optimized the tomtebloss

I think I am going home early today, so I may experience this optimization.:yay:

MA does not make missions, iron or otherwise. SDS (formerly FPC) does not code.

People used to be lazy about learning how things change and used that as an excuse back when MA owned FPC for not learning what was done where, so what is their excuse now that MA no longer owns the company with the acronym SDS? It it really this hard to at least try and memorize which part of the game you play are done by who? And then whine just about the relevant parts?

Time to stop writing to London about bad roads in Maine, you know.

Optimized the tomtebloss

I think I am going home early today, so I may experience this optimization.:yay:

:lolup:

Don't forget this one

Removed intersecting vegetation in the Beta building in Omegaton West Habitat
What a relief! :woot: That was really getting on my goat. Thank God it's been finally fixed. :eyecrazy: :tongue2:

JWT himself must have personally overseen the shinier sparklers and weeding the buildings update. :laugh:

Hangars will be put in the first FPC release after the new year. Initially the spaceships will not be a “space taxi” as before (as “space” will come in a later MindArk release). Instead, the space ships will work as unlimited flying vehicles. The hangars will once space is opened serve as an important part of the system.

You can tell the type of organization you are dealing with when the lies start at the very top. I suppose he meant the first FPC release of 2012:scratch2:

You can't know how many really, really like to show off they achievements..in Wow ppl bother to do unbelievable things to get some title, believe me, I have seen it.

Well in HL2 episode 2 I carried the gnome all the way through the game just to get the "Gnome in space" achievement.

In EU, as with the grinding tasks, I'll pass and won't be specifically going for them.

You can tell the type of organization you are dealing with when the lies start at the very top. I suppose he meant the first FPC release of 2012:scratch2:

it's more likely MA vetoed the idea.

So.. let me get this straight... we have been making it crystal clear on a daily basis for what over a year now (or is it two) that we want beacons/hangars/taming, etc, back ingame, and all the while, they instead have been hard at work for all this time building some asinine "Achievement" system that nobody gives a good shit about? Am I understanding this correctly... ?
That's like spending the entire weeks pay getting drunk at the pub even though there's no food left at home to feed your young family that's crying for food.
Un-fkking-believable. Oh wait, it's :bowdown: Mindark , so I guess that's Ok huh?

So.. let me get this straight... we have been making it crystal clear on a daily basis for what over a year now (or is it two) that we want beacons/hangars/taming, etc, back ingame, and all the while, they instead have been hard at work for all this time building some asinine "Achievement" system that nobody gives a good shit about? Am I understanding this correctly... ?
That's like spending the entire weeks pay getting drunk at the pub even though there's no food left at home to feed your young family that's crying for food.
Un-fkking-believable. Oh wait, it's :bowdown: Mindark , so I guess that's Ok huh?

yes. They've concentrated on the platform rather than what the paying customers want.

Back