Wave Events Locations and Information

Larkin

Marauder
Society
Brainstormers
Larkin Snipes Smith
Wave Events were included in Planet Calypso Content Release 2011.1.1. Once discovered, Pioneer|SDS commented,

In the first draft of the content list, wavespawns were mentioned. But we cut it out before publishing, because we wanted you to find it yourself. Yes, we're evil! :vampire:

Hadesheim may not the only place with wavespawn events, by the way.

Since then, numerous other Wave Events have been discovered. This thread will be updated with all Wave Event locations and information.

General Information

- Shared Loot is on for the Wave Events.
- The amount of time before the wave spawn times out changes with each wave.
- The Wave Events are currently not accessible at all points in the day. They will be turned on at all points in the next SDS patch (confirmed by Pioneer|SDS).

Rules

- If no avatar enters the wave event once it is started, it will terminate in 30s, and default to next start +XX mins
- You receive a warning that you are leaving the event area, and a second notice when the event is cancelled due to lack of participation. All mobs spawned by the event wave system are auto-killed in this case.

Wave Events List

Hadesheim Crater

Coordinates
North of Camp Phoenix (62269, 84329)

Wave Mobs
1st Wave: Drones, Drokas
2nd Wave: Drones, Drokas, Troopers, Warriors
3rd Wave: Drones, Drokas, Troopers, Legionaires, Warriors
4th Wave: Drones, Drokas, Troopers, Legionaires (up to Gen. 06), Warriors, Defenders
Last Wave: Multiciber

Time Between Wave Events
3 hours after wave ends, or boss mob is killed.

The Pit

Coordinates
North of Port Atlantis (61200, 76080)

Wave Mobs
1st Wave: Sabakuma Youngs - Olds
2nd Wave: Sabakuma Youngs - Guardians
3rd Wave: Sabakuma Youngs - Alphas
Last Wave: Sabakuma Creeper

Time Between Wave Events
30 minutes after wave ends, or boss mob is killed.

Old Swamp Camp Lake

Coordinates
North of Port Atlantis (60900, 77200)

Wave Mobs
1st Wave: Rippersnapper Youngs - Olds
2nd Wave: Rippersnapper Youngs - Olds
3rd Wave: Rippersnapper Youngs - Olds
4th Wave: Rippersnapper Youngs - Olds
5th Wave: Rippersnapper Youngs - Olds
6th Wave: Rippersnapper Youngs - Olds
7th Wave: Rippersnapper Youngs - Olds
8th Wave: Rippersnapper Youngs - Providers
9th Wave: Rippersnapper Youngs - Providers
10th Wave: Rippersnapper Youngs - Providers
11th Wave: Rippersnapper Youngs - Guardians
12th Wave: Rippersnapper Youngs - Old Alphas
13th Wave: Rippersnapper Youngs - Prowlers
14th Wave: Rippersnapper Youngs - Stalkers
15th Wave: Rippersnapper Youngs - Stalkers
16th - Unlimited Wave: Rippersnapper Youngs - Olds

Time Between Wave Events
30 minutes after wave ends, or boss mob is killed.

Shinkiba Stampede 1

Coordinates
South East of Port Atlantis (63694, 74589)

Wave Mobs
1st Wave: Shinkiba Youngs - Olds
2nd Wave: Shinkiba Youngs - Providers
3rd Wave: Shinkiba Youngs - Dominants
4rd Wave: Shinkiba Matures - Alphas
Last Wave: Shinkiba Olds - Old Alphas

Time Between Wave Events
20 minutes

Shinkiba Stampede 2

Coordinates
North East of Cape Cornith (62471, 88847)

Wave Mobs
2nd Wave: Shinkiba Olds - Dominants
3rd Wave: Shinkiba Guardians - Stalkers
4th Wave: Shinkiba Alphas - Stalkers
Last Wave: Kirakibas

Time Between Wave Events
30 minutes

Shinkiba on the Hill

Coordinates
West of Twin Peaks (75242, 76884)

Wave Mobs
2nd Wave: Shinkiba Young - Olds
3rd Wave: Shinkiba Young - Providers
4th Wave: Shinkiba Young - Guardian
5th Wave: Shinkiba Young - Guardian
6th Wave: Shinkiba Young - Dominant
7th Wave: Shinkiba Young - Stalker
8th Wave: Shinkiba Young - Stalker, Kirakiba
9th - Unlimited Wave: Shinkiba Young - Guardian

Time Between Wave Events
30 minutes

Last edited:
If anyone has any information on the Wave Events, please post here and let me know! I will keep the OP updated!

In the other thread someone mentioned something about a rippersnapper wave event near old swamp camp?

Also, anyone want to bet theres gonna be a mutated chirpy in a chirpy event? :) I hope so, those little buggers were fun

In the other thread someone mentioned something about a rippersnapper wave event near old swamp camp?

Also, anyone want to bet theres gonna be a mutated chirpy in a chirpy event? :) I hope so, those little buggers were fun

Yep! Just added that one now. Thanks :)

Mutated chirpys would be fun :D

Unanswered Questions

Time Limit for Each Wave
1. What is the time limit for each wave?
2. Do all the waves have the same time limit?
3. Do all the Wave Events have the same time limit?

Time Between Wave Events
1. What is the amount of time between Wave Events?
2. Do all the Wave Events have the same amount of time between them?

I've added some important questions that hopefully will get answered with time.

When I was at the crater last night, it said the next event was due to start 3 hours after the previous one ended.

Note that this doesn't mean they are every 3 hours - the 3 hour timer began when the boss mob died, so the total cycle was nearer to 3:30.

The waves were more mixed then your post suggests, it wasn't a different mob in every wave. As well as the one you mentioned there were also Troopers and Attackers.

It would be great if people could keep us updated on the start times for the next events too.

When I was at the crater last night, it said the next event was due to start 3 hours after the previous one ended.

Note that this doesn't mean they are every 3 hours - the 3 hour timer began when the boss mob died, so the total cycle was nearer to 3:30.

The waves were more mixed then your post suggests, it wasn't a different mob in every wave. As well as the one you mentioned there were also Troopers and Attackers.

It would be great if people could keep us updated on the start times for the next events too.

Perfect! Thank you for the information.

Quick question about the spawns.

When did the Trooper and Attackers show up? Also, did the mobs in the first wave spawn again in the second wave, but then the warriors spawned as well? etc?

Perfect! Thank you for the information. Quick question about the spawns.

When did the Trooper and Attackers show up? Also, did the mobs in the first wave spawn again in the second wave, but then the warriors spawned as well? etc?

Well I don't remember all the details but it was something like:

Wave 1: Droka
Wave 2: Trooper & Legionaire
Wave 3: Droka, Trooper, Legionaire, Warrior
Wave 4: Droka, Legionaire, Attacker, Defender (forgot to mention there were Defenders before)

Not the exact right mobs but that type of idea. There wasn't anything too challenging, I think Legionaire Gen 3 was the toughest mob before the Mulciber.

The Mulciber spawned alone.

Wave 4: Droka, Legionaire, Attacker, Defender (forgot to mention there were Defenders before)

Not the exact right mobs but that type of idea. There wasn't anything too challenging, I think Legionaire Gen 3 was the toughest mob before the Mulciber.

Awesome, I will update the OP and change it more later if necessary.

There was definately Legionaire gens up to 06 as i noticed a couple take one shots from it then it sat on me for quite some time (requiring a fair bit of fapping), Defenders also went up to get 06 too, thinking though im not sure if it was a trooper gen 06 or a legionaire... not quite sure, all i know that in martial + 6a it was hitting me for about 80-90 dmg (which i dont think troopers do)

so is there a crater assault about to start?

What if they gave a war and nobody showed up?
well there where some ubers there but they where after the MU in Wlocks so no time for events.
Apart from that I just saw some mid lvl players dying... including myself. :p
Fail? :laugh:

There was definately Legionaire gens up to 06 as i noticed a couple take one shots from it then it sat on me for quite some time (requiring a fair bit of fapping), Defenders also went up to get 06 too, thinking though im not sure if it was a trooper gen 06 or a legionaire... not quite sure, all i know that in martial + 6a it was hitting me for about 80-90 dmg (which i dont think troopers do)

Do you remember which wave? I'll add maturities once I get confirmation on which mobs are in which waves.

so is there a crater assault about to start?

Around every 3 hours apparently there are waves. If no one is there, the mobs disappear after a certain amount of time.

crater shared loot?

From what I have heard, yes.

Thanks for the help so far everyone!

Rippersnapper have at least 12 waves.

Yep, Wave 12 had Prowlers in it so we must have been close to the end, but we ran out of time killing that wave - we need more firepower! Next Rippersnapper Frenzy is at 1843, get to the lake and help :)

Do you remember which wave? I'll add maturities once I get confirmation on which mobs are in which waves.

Around every 3 hours apparently there are waves. If no one is there, the mobs disappear after a certain amount of time.

From what I have heard, yes.

Thanks for the help so far everyone!

Yes, crater was definately shared loot,

And that would have been wave 4 with the Gen 06 Legionaires, the one before the big boss evi showed up

Yep, Wave 12 had Prowlers in it so we must have been close to the end, but we ran out of time killing that wave - we need more firepower! Next Rippersnapper Frenzy is at 1843, get to the lake and help :)

Wow that's crazy. Did all the spawns still have youngs in them? Even Wave 12?

Oh and is it 3 hours until the next wave event?

Yes, crater was definately shared loot,

And that would have been wave 4 with the Gen 06 Legionaires, the one before the big boss evi showed up

Ok sounds good!

Wow that's crazy. Did all the spawns still have youngs in them? Even Wave 12?

Yes.

Oh and is it 3 hours until the next wave event?

No, for Rippersnappers the waves start again 30 minutes after the previous event ends.

I went back but there were only 3 of us, no way we will make it through this one so I'll leave it for now. I reckon 10 people with reasonable firepower should be able to do it. I think there were 6 of us when we got to 12.

Yes.

No, for Rippersnappers the waves start again 30 minutes after the previous event ends.

I went back but there were only 3 of us, no way we will make it through this one so I'll leave it for now. I reckon 10 people with reasonable firepower should be able to do it. I think there were 6 of us when we got to 12.

Perfect, that answers a few questions :)

Thanks again!

The Pit I noticed
Wave 3 Young to Provider
Wave 4(Last) Single Creeper
Waves resume shortly after previous cleared.
Wave becomes available about 35mins after entering Zone.

The other problem with just three is that you end up with some unkilled ones that you didn't find so you get a timeout in round 4.

the Pit has just 4 waves, the 4th wave is the sabakuma creeper
transition to next wave are 20seconds
after 4th wave completed it needs 30minutes until restart

The other problem with just three is that you end up with some unkilled ones that you didn't find so you get a timeout in round 4.

When we did the 12 a few of you were just sticking to the middle. You need to move west and east to clear the spawn. Like you say, should be less of a problem with more people.

All of you people who keep saying you want beacons back, come help with the fishies, it's the closest thing we've had to a beacon run since Typhon.

I can confirm this.
The first I did we where 3-4 people and we killed the creeper some what comfortably. The second time I was prety much alone for the first 2 waves so the event timed out befor the last wave even started.

The Pit I noticed
Wave 3 Young to Provider
Wave 4(Last) Single Creeper
Waves resume shortly after previous cleared.
Wave becomes available about 35mins after entering Zone.

I can confirm this.
The first I did we where 3-4 people and we killed the creeper some what comfortably. The second time I was prety much alone for the first 2 waves so the event timed out befor the last wave even started.

Perfect, thanks guys :) Quick question though. How long do you think it was before a wave "timed out"?

All of you people who keep saying you want beacons back, come help with the fishies, it's the closest thing we've had to a beacon run since Typhon.

Very true! :wtg:

EDIT: One more question: Do you have to enter the event area to activate the timer for the event waves to start?

I quit at wave 17, which was suppermassive amount of young-providers. best of luck to those who stayed at rippers.

I quit at wave 17, which was suppermassive amount of young-providers. best of luck to those who stayed at rippers.

So has no one yet hit the final wave of rippers? What is the final boss mob there?

Wow that's a crazy amount of waves. Thanks for the info!

So has no one yet hit the final wave of rippers? What is the final boss mob there?

Doesn't sound like anyone has made it yet, unless some stayed to the end when remontoire went :S I'm interested in knowing how many waves there are for the rippersnappers! :D

Back