Infinite Stamina? Bug? Exploit? More stupidity from MA?

As someone who did not bother posting negatively about this "bug" but did feel the gains should be removed, I think this post is amazing. Well worded, from the heart and should really signal the end of this internet argument. +rep

To whom it may concern,

I don't come to this forum very often. What with 7 or so and soon to be more official and unoffical forums on the way covering our universe, this place doesn't have the same appeal it once did when it had a central focus for Project Entropia. And tbh, I'm actually somewhat busy playing the game. Imagine that.

I would simply like to point out as one of the supposed "exploiters" a few simple facts.
(If anybody is actually interested in those, that is.)

One, last weekend I went to Rocktropia immediately upon understanding that there were both a great number of missions that rewarded with skills and various attributes and that old school crafted scanners were looting. (I looted 17 in case anyone is keeping score.) I'm a high engager of the mission system, having finished 137 Calypso-based missions and now all but two at Rocktropia. I was not told of a bug or the existence of any exploit by anyone I knew. I simply went to check the place out. Missions are about the only way I know of as a CND baby where a player like me can attempt to even the score against fap skillers and other former wholes that existed in PE's skilling history. I've worked hard for and am extremely proud of my attributes, including both a soon to be 20 stamina and a naturally acquired 111 agility. I would never intentionally break EULA or exploit anything, because risking my account over such nonsense is well, nonsensical.

Two, as someone that stumbled upon the bug without any former knowledge or prodding by any friend or society mate, I wasn't sure in the slightest what was actually going on until about two days in. The missions system that exists there is triggered by your avatar crossing over a coordinate similar to a scouting mission on Calypso's iron missions. And several activities are in fact triggered on the same spot. I was not aware until I had completed one of the Police Calls about 3 times that I was actually doing a mission over and over. Most of the missions are very similar. Kill 20 Soulsearchers. Kill 60 Harlem Hustlers. Kill 40 Mulholland Boys. Etc, etc. Furthermore, some of the missions from various mission chains are exactly alike, thus adding to the general confusion. If you have ever watched the T.V. show Cops, you will understand that Police work is often boring and repetitive. The Police Scanner missions seemed intentional and somewhat realistic, if based on an IRL context.

This bug was incredibly unlike any that has ever existed. You had to actually attempt to dupe and item to dupe an item. You had to intentionally bid 101 times on auction to bug the auction. You had to actually set your avatar up in a pack of mobs and use an autoclicker to fap skill. This "exploit" was nothing like that. To participate in it, you didn't even have to know it existed. You needed only to go to Rocktropia to do missions last weekend to participate in some sort of "exploit."

Three, I am a guy who is horribly addicted to my numbers going up. If the game tells me its giving me a mission and that I need to go kill 20-60 mobs or mine 2 PED of Enmatter to gain some reward, I'm going to do it. If it does so itself again and again, I'm probably going to continue to accomplish those said tasks. Blame my horribly addicted personality or the years spent playing Grand Theft Auto i dunno. Hi, my name is Darth Skippie Boobie, and I'm a Missionoholic. Giving out Stamina for killing 20 noob mobs is probably not the best balancing decision I've ever seen employed inside EU, but for a mission minded player it tasted like crack rock.

Four, at no time did i foster or witness any conversation on my society chat or in any PM where myself or any other society mate of mine intentionally encouraged anyone to exploit a bug. There was a brief exchange on society chat the morning of the fix, when yet another society member stumbled upon the bug entirely on her own and in a quite confused fashion explained to the society that she thinks she might have done a mission again. Out of 41 members, about 7 or so were on Rocktropia at the time of the bugged missions. All of these people have engaged the mission system in a huge way in the past and were simply doing the new missions. I can guarantee you if the society of exploiters were intentionally exploiting the mission bugs, the entire society would have been online and doing those missions. We're a big society. Saying that 7 of us were at Rocktropia for any particular reason is like saying "Hey, look at that. Stormer is killing Aurli."

Five, not only am I fine with the fact that Mindark has now fixed the attribute gains, I both expected it and went out of my way to make sure when agility and stamina were corrected but strength was not to report the oversight. Strength was corrected today and to my knowledge all attributes should now be adjusted to reflect what people doing missions at Rocktropia can receive. Furthering rumor here on the forums that something has been done otherwise is both reckless and irresponsible.

Entropia is a weird place sometimes. There's a ton of jealousy where real money is concerned. And is often the case, stones are thrown in glass houses. But before everyone judges the hundreds of avatars that did missions at Rocktropia last week and summarily paint them as exploiters and call for their heads. Put down the tin foil hats for a moment and review who is at fault for the problem. Should you feel so inclined to go on a witch hunt, perhaps you should first find a witch.

I find it funny that I've not seen one single complaint that the Forum Troll mission completed in merely 2 mobs rather than the 30 that were supposed to be killed. Every single person that did that mission last weekend "exploited a bug". Where are the calls for harsh punishment for that? Is it just me or am I the only person bothered by the fact that finding Blues Rock completes the Alternative Rock mission? Or that Reggae is infact not spelled Reggea? I did however get back my massive Noob Club stash today and for that I am eternally thankful. Neverdie should get his house in order. Mindark should not allow any content to be implemented until it is properly tested and/or run through a Microsoft Word spell checker at the very least. Hopefully this wretched implementation will serve as an example of what we should not see in the future when Planet Partners implement additional content.

Darth Skippie Boobie

As someone who did not bother posting negatively about this "bug" but did feel the gains should be removed, I think this post is amazing. Well worded, from the heart and should really signal the end of this internet argument. +rep

Awwwww....c'mon, have a heart. How about just one or two more trolling posts? A professional troll doesn't really need a reason. Just a forum. Facts don't make any difference whatsoever to a Grade-A troll.

I'm a high engager of the mission system, having finished 137 Calypso-based missions and now all but two at Rocktropia.

142 here. neener neener.

Where'd you hear that, soc chat? Was it Rei or Skippie? Funny how 99% of the community is praising MA taking action for once but everyone in UU is upset.

does MA like being "a**fu**ed" by people from UU?? do they actually enjoys it?? seems so...
but if it was a poor, less unknown player doing this same exploitment of the mission he would had been kicked outta the game before he understood what happen.....

Gotta say i hate how MA managed this case,
they should had shown more backbone, and should shown more teeth in this case...

they really encourage us to do exploitments since u dont risk anything except a clap on ur shoulder and a reset of ur attributes while they are saying nice try,, dont get caught nextime and we let u keep it.....

The hate is amazing on this forum! I've been a member now for almost 5 years and only made 152 posts, because its just a huge negative hate fest!! There is useful information on this forum and it sucks you have to sort through all the hate to get to it. After almost 2 yrs of not making any post I decided to make a thread on RT missions because no one else had and lots of my friends were asking for info. And 4 post down it turned negative, AMAZING!! and ofc the negative comments have nothing to do with RT missions.

Skippie is so right when he says there is so much jealousy when it comes to this game and i suspect it is due to the fact this game is based on real money.

I'm sorry all you haters of UU have to spend most of your time in jealous rage making stupid posts on PCF. But I'm guessing your jealous cause you're "losing" the game now....could be due to the fact that ur spendiing too much time here hating....get on the f**king game and play!

Awwwww....c'mon, have a heart. How about just one or two more trolling posts? A professional troll doesn't really need a reason. Just a forum. Facts don't make any difference whatsoever to a Grade-A troll.

142 here. neener neener.

I am very engaged in skilling and missions ;)

The hate is amazing on this forum!
Skippie is so right when he says there is so much jealousy when it comes to this game..I'm sorry all you haters of UU have to spend most of your time in jealous rage making stupid posts on PCF. But I'm guessing your jealous cause you're "losing" the game now....

is that the same jealousy that somehow points out that i should be some kind of a botfapper?
Guess UU dont have much friends so they gotta come up with lame stuff like that..

They even convinced emselfs that i gotta be that way, nobody can fap that much.... ?

Dont cry lads, u "might" find a friend sometime in ur life...

lol.. trolling the trolls. thats pretty good

Last edited:

142 here. neener neener.

177.jpg

oops, guess i meant 177, not 137.

sorry was too busy completing missions to actually count.

Planet Calypso said:
It has come to our attention that you have taken advantage of an exploit within the Entropia Universe, namely by gaining several attribute points by repeating a bugged quest/mission on ROCKtropia, without bringing the faulty quests/missions to our attention.
Taking advantage of bugs or exploits to gain access that is otherwise unavailable, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other participants, is a violation of the Terms of Use, §8.j. Consider this message as a warning and please note that similar behavior in the future might be viewed more harshly.

If you have further questions, please contact the ROCKtropia Support.

Warning received this morning to I assume all "exploiters" via e-mail.

Odd that it didn't come from Rocktropia Support. What with SDS employees constantly reminding us that they have no influence over other planet partners. Regardless, figured this thread would appreciate the update.

I also received a warning email, but it is not quite the same:

It has come to our attention that you have taken advantage of an exploit within the Entropia Universe, namely by gaining several attribute points by repeating a bugged quest/mission on ROCKtropia, without bringing the faulty quests/missions to our attention.
Please be aware that the Terms of Use that you sign each time you log in to the game states that you are obligated to report any suspected exploitable bugs to us (see §8.j). Failure to do so might result in penalty actions taken towards your account, so we ask you to please stay vigilant for things that seem to be out of order.
If you have further questions, please contact the ROCKtropia Support.

Glad to see they aren't lumping everyone together blindly.

As it is evidently my duty under EULA, I have filed the following support case.

Support Case said:
While we are on the subject of exploits that currently exist in the game, I would like to do my "duty" as ascribed under EULA. I am almost 100% sure both MA and SDS are fully aware of these exploits that are used every single day inside EU giving players advantages over other players and that without forum outrage little will be done.

Script Bot Exploit

I know of several fappers that continue to use out of game scripting, allowing them to fap other participants while not being at the keyboard. This is used by both hunters with secondary avatars on secondary computers and the so called fapper industry, allowing hunters to hunt without armor given enough HP and at a massive advantage to other players and allowing afk fappers to earn an income while watching tv or walking the dog. Ofc, fap botting has been known about for years by Mindark. While some steps have been taken to make fap botting harder, nothing substantial has ever been done to stop this exploit. Several high profile players employ it on a daily basis.

VTOL Aggro Exploitation

The first eradacator four type weapon was looted by an individual using this very well known exploit. Anyone with an ml35 and a VTOL can kill any slow moving large uber mob in game with enough time and patience. When entering the VTOL the aggro is broken towards the hunter, allowing a singular hunter or a small team of two people exploiting this bug in tandom to kill almost any mob in game. Who needs a mod fap, supremacy armor and 300 HP or the 1,000,000 ped investment required to kill Warlocks, when any team of noobs with a few 2000% (L) items can kill them? I don't even bother killing this mob atm due to the amount of VTOL exploitation being used by 99% of the players killing it.

Thanks for you time. I am hopeful to see resolutions to these matters in a timely fashion.

Darth Skippie Boobie

Also the use of plantation to blow up pitbulls in 2seconds, and to stand there repairing them hours on end!

Should have mentioned that exploit/feature too!

Yeah, I've submitted a support case a few weeks ago about a participant who has a 2nd ava driving a hummer back and forth into a wall. The participant repairs the hummer constantly. He is still there at Zych, weeks later. Nothing has been done about it.

I find it funny that I've not seen one single complaint that the Forum Troll mission completed in merely 2 mobs rather than the 30 that were supposed to be killed. Every single person that did that mission last weekend "exploited a bug". Where are the calls for harsh punishment for that? Is it just me or am I the only person bothered by the fact that finding Blues Rock completes the Alternative Rock mission? Or that Reggae is infact not spelled Reggea? I did however get back my massive Noob Club stash today and for that I am eternally thankful. Neverdie should get his house in order. Mindark should not allow any content to be implemented until it is properly tested and/or run through a Microsoft Word spell checker at the very least. Hopefully this wretched implementation will serve as an example of what we should not see in the future when Planet Partners implement additional content.

Darth Skippie Boobie

Actually I did report the forum troll mission bug through the support portal where bugs should be reported. Posting bugs that help players on the forums just makes people rush to take advantage of it :p

Once for all, stop mixing things.
Fapping in middle of a pack of mobs wasnt a "bug" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bug). It was game behavior allowed until MA and players understood that it may hurt the economy. Probably MA allowed this cause they thought for a while that it was a fair trade of players peds in tt against skills they got. It took years to understand how it may hurt and during this time anyone could do it.
During that time mmorpgs were in their infancy and proly most virtual economies designers were working in the dark.
In the end it was a decision of balance manager who chose to forbid this to allow him to balance the game in a certain direction.
Double missions happened for a short time and it was allowed by a programmer mistake (this qualifies it as a bug) and not by purposely game design.

Odd that it didn't come from Rocktropia Support. What with SDS employees constantly reminding us that they have no influence over other planet partners. Regardless, figured this thread would appreciate the update.

Yes, us 'peasants' and the 'peasantry' of EU appreciates your posting.....

Sad though that ppl like you, that knew it was a bug or should have didn't bother to write support but chose to exploit it. Yet, you overall get away with it. Even sadder that you point to other people exploiting the game to seemingly justify yours. Pointing to other bad behavior to justify your bad behavior isn't an excuse. Yes, they need to fix those exploits.

Dunno what's happened to you Skippie, you used to be a nice guy in game. Sociable, decent and fun. It's to bad you've changed so much.

Peasant out.......

Dunno what's happened to you Skippie, you used to be a nice guy in game. Sociable, decent and fun. It's to bad you've changed so much.

SKIPPIE IS THE DEVIL!

Oh for fucks sake people. somebody please ban me from this forum full of hatred and bullshit so i can go back to playing the game and crapping on mindark's head in peace.

SKIPPIE IS THE DEVIL!

Oh for fucks sake people. somebody please ban me from this forum full of hatred and bullshit so i can go back to playing the game and crapping on mindark's head in peace.

Sigh, never said he was the devil... I'm not a hater either. Just commenting on how he's changed in game. Sadly, I'm not the only one that has noticed it. Happened a long time ago after he bought the mall. He was always so fun and friendly before that. My observation is all.

Please keep on with your thing with MA though :silly2: :cool:

Edit:
Oh, the peasants thing is in reference to a pm he sent to Star during one of Stars "Star Gazing" things...

Back