Entropia Universe 11.8.0 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
New Features

Landgrab Battles are Back!

Once again it is possible to gather your society and fight for the control of a land area. These battles will be more frequent than before, and also have a new twist.

Each land area that can be taken over by a society has a fort on it. If the area is managed by a society when a battle is started, they can try to defend the fort for a given time period. If successful, they will keep the land area for another management period (around a week).

However, if the attackers manage to destroy the fort's main control room, the Land Area Marker is unlocked. Any society can then claim (Operate) this marker and try to defend it with their lives. They need to keep at least one society member alive within a 30-meterrange of the marker until the given time period expires. The society that achieves this wins the battle and can manage the land area until the next Landgrab battle.

For info about upcoming Landgrab battles check the Landgrab tab in the Event List (under System in the action menu).

Fort Event Battles

Now it is possible to fight between Forts in the Ticket Event system with the new Most Fort Points Win rule.

If two forts are located within an event area it is possible to start Fort Events. Join one of the forces and wait for the event to start.

May the best force win!

Basic Battle Rules

When the event starts you will automatically be placed in the fort that your force needs to defend. Take part in the offensive actions and attack the other fort or stay and defend your home fort. You can spawn vehicles, mount the Fort Defense Turrets or be part of the infantry - all in the interest of winning this battle.

Use the Force chat channel to communicate strategies and tactics within your force.

Follow the objectives and try to get deep inside the enemy fort. There you will find important objectives to destroy. If you destroy the Main Control Room of the enemy fort, the current battle round is won and a new round of fort battle will begin.

During Fort Events, ammo burn is 10% of the ammo burn at regular usage and deterioration is also 10% of its normal value. Such low deterioration value is valid for weapons (including attack/strike MindForce chips), FAPs (including healing MindForce), armor, vehicles, repair kits, MindForce speed/slow and focus chips.

Friend or Foe

Units are color-marked to easily see who is in your force and who is in the enemy force. Red units are enemies and should be attacked, while green or yellow units are friendly and should be defended, healed or repaired. These colors are used on objectives, your targets, status bars and on the radar.

Force Points

Your force gathers Force Points by destroying parts of the enemy fort, taking out enemy vehicles and killing enemy avatars. Depending on the importance of the destroyed objects or the SI of the destroyed vehicles, your force will receive different amounts of Force Points.

You can also gain Force Points by repairing destroyed fort parts (those that can be repaired), such as destroyed Defense Turrets.

Participant Points

You receive Participant Points by damaging enemy structures, vehicles and avatars, healing friendly avatars and repairing friendly vehicles and structures.

Winning

The fort battle is won by the force that has received the most Force Points when the defined event time expires.

Reward

1. Force reward: If your force wins, all members of your force will share the PED value of the accumulated ammo and deterioration used by BOTH forces during the battle. The winnings will be divided among the force members depending on how much Participant Points each participant have gathered.
  2. Individual reward: The event rules can be set to award the top three participants in the winning force.
Radar and Dashboard

• Radar UI and Dashboard!UI are decoupled now and can be placed anywhere on the screen.
  • Radar UI can be resized.
  • Added icons to the Radar UI. The icons present details of the area you are currently at. Area properties you can view are if the area is a PVP zone, is toxic, and allows vehicles or you to enter. These icons can be viewed in three levels (colors): green, yellow or red.
    • For pvp/toxic: green means the current area is pvp/toxic free, yellow means you are close to a pvp/toxic area and red means you are currently in a pvp/toxic area.
    • For you/vehicles: green means that you/vehicles are allowed in current area, yellow means you are close to area that does not allow you/vehicles, red means that you/vehicles are not allowed in current area.
Creatures

• Terrain alignment for dead characters.
Improvements and Fixed Issues

Vehicles

• Reduced texture memory consumption.
  • Smoother loading of multiple vehicles.
  • Increased degree of freedom to the VTOL pilot weapon.
  • Tank treads now correspond better to the wheels.
  • The tank (Megingjord), the helicopter (Gungnir) and the combat boat (Naglfar) is now customizable.
Sounds

• Sound improved for all vehicles.
  • Alert PVP sound changed.
  • More sounds included for different terrains when walking and jumping.
Ticket Events

• Participating avatars will revive inside the event area when the event is active, if it contains a valid revival point.
  • Non-participating avatars cannot enter active event areas (not by foot, driving, teleporting, mindforce teleporting or through revive).!!
  • Non-participating avatars will get a warning on the radar when close to an active event.
  • Non-participating avatars will be moved to closest revival point outside the area if logging in inside an active event.
  • Fixed issue where Max vehicle SI!was set to 100 instead of 1000 if no alterations was made in the Create UI.
Miscellaneous

• In the Inve ntory, when dropping items at the bottom of the grid, the grid is automatically expanded again.
  • Avatars will revive within the current land area (green in map) or ticket area (white in map). If the area do not have a valid revive point the closest one will be selected, as before.
  • Fixed issue since 11.6 where desktop icons and chat was incorrectly repositioned if you logged in with a different resolution than you logged out with.
  • Tools and weapons placed in the world now show their attachments.
  • The top section on the Tron Column Display can be used again.
  • It is no longer possible to walk right through kitchen furniture.
  • Issue with not being able to place items on pedestals has been fixed.
  • The white "screen door" graphics glitch in Service Centers has been fixed.
  • The HD resolution, 720p, or 1280x720 is now selectable in Options. Only applicable if Windows reports it as a screen resolution.
Planet-Specific Releases

Integrated Planet Calypso content into Entropia Universe.! See!http://www.planetcalypso.com/home/ or more information.

Known Issues

• All Amethera is currently a PvP zone. We are working on solving this issue.
  • Radar disappears. You can fix this by resetting your settings: click L (default button) and then click the Reset Default Action Settings button.

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Land grab

WE WANT YOU !!!!,, JOIN THE PATRIOTIC ARM FORCE AND SERVE THE COUTRY. THE FUTURE GENERATION DEPAND ON YOU. JOIN TODAY :laugh::laugh::laugh:

uncle-sam.jpg

Last edited:
No vehicles in lootable :yay: Or at least thats what i think i read :scratch2: ? Still nice update :yay:

10% ammo consumption and decay in PVP events... GREAT move!
Mounting fort cannons? Haha, now we need snipers to take the gunners our from faaaaar away :)

new features

landgrab battles are back!

during fort events, ammo burn is 10% of the ammo burn at regular usage and deterioration is also 10% of its normal value. Such low deterioration value is valid for weapons (including attack/strike mindforce chips), faps (including healing mindforce), armor, vehicles, repair kits, mindforce speed/slow and focus chips.

wtf !!! Awsome !!! This whole thing is just one awsome move towards PVP for all and i love it !!!

I'm sure that many will be happy about that VU...

...but the rest of us asks:

Where are promised old systems?

MA do not fulfill promises, instead they deliver yet another new system. [yes, i know that part of that update is old system, err, rather event]

Also i did not saw in release notes anything about fixing loot ;)

MA do not fulfill promises, instead they deliver yet another new system.

Land grab is an old system. Now it's back, in what seems to be an updated format.

Landgrab is a older system than taming so acctually we got a even older system back and in a much better version :)

Sounds really good fun! :)

I don't quite understand though how the Landgrabs operate in tandem with the Fort Ticket Events?

Or do they operate at different times?

And does the lower rate ammo use etc apply to the Langrabs as well as the Fort Events?

So im just wondering if anyone can just "join " a team/force or do you buy tickets or are the number of participants limited. Ie can just anyone walk up and join any side/force and have fun or what!?

edit: nvm :D

i can see this LANDGRAB is going to be very very very busy indeed now that ammo burn costs 10% hehe, OMG amazing

i wonder what made MA do this hehe interesting indeed :)

RJ Rob

I love it! :shower:

So many great new things! :eyecrazy:

And I can finally have my pink tank! :ahh:

Edit: One question, tho!

"During Fort Events, ammo burn is 10% of the ammo burn at regular usage and deterioration is also 10% of its normal value. Such low deterioration value is valid for weapons (including attack/strike MindForce chips), FAPs (including healing MindForce), armor, vehicles, repair kits, MindForce speed/slow and focus chips."

Is the skill gain only 10% too or is is it still at 100%? (Not that it matters much in PVP.)

VERY NICE !!! i like

that 10% of ammo and decay for the pvp event is a very very nice move ! nice cheap fun!!!

GO MA GO !!!! :)

One of the BEST VU update thus far. :yay: Hope the game play can sustain players interest. GZ MA. If done right this game have much potential to Click, click, click..... until kingdom come. Lol.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys and girls make out of this :) Woop woop!

Never been a big fan of PvP, but this new LG feature is really promising. Maybe its time to :vampire::nutkick::rocket::woohoo:

THIS is the BEST VU I have seen since FUCKING 2007!

WAY TO GO MINDARK!!! (And SDS/FPC/etc)

Sounds promising... trying not to get overexcited...

gotta say at first, i was sceptical to this landgrab thing but...

after reading this it does actually sound kinda fun, so i guess ill cya out there.. either if it is defending or attacking side ;)

It seems the 10% ammo only applies to Fort Events, which are player-created, and not to Landgrab Events, which are MA created.

It also seems that the Fort Events may not work in practice, because if one force is obviously outnumbered, they will simply give up, so there will be no loot to share, and the Event Creator will simply lose the creation fee. There will have to be a way of ensuring balance. The novelty of spending 75 Ped to set up an Event which might be over in 5 minutes will soon wear off.

On the Landgrab Events, where there is no colour-coding, it wil be difficult for allied non-Soc members of either side to be identified within the short range of a Fort.

Landgrab LA's seem to have one Fort, LA's for Fort Events will have two. Will LA owners have to pay for these, or will they only exist for the duration of a Fort Event.

Last edited:
have to say when i heard 1 week i lost all hope when i heard 10% decay i changed my mind :D +rep to whoever made this possible

Hm how do you start the event? As far as I understand it is 2 societies at a time and it is ingame system event. So what whoever signs up for the event first taking a part or ? .... Hm don't get from this actually how to start and what societies actually take part in it (cause it is limited into 2 teams only - from what I read).

sounds interesting for sure tho

Nice to see an old system returned, and improved as mindforce was. Making it 10% of the previous cost was a great idea and will undoubtedly see much greater participation.

:thumbup:

Reward

1. Force reward: If your force wins, all members of your force will share the PED value of the accumulated ammo and deterioration used by BOTH forces during the battle. The winnings will be divided among the force members depending on how much Participant Points each participant have gathered.
  2. Individual reward: The event rules can be set to award the top three participants in the winning force.
Radar and Dashboard

From what I read, a huge number of players will fight each other generating decay at low cost compared to any other activity. More than that. They get to share the decay at the end.

WHERE IS THE SHARE FOR MA IN THIS?

If MA has no share in this, they will have to get those 10-20 ped/hour/participant from other professions. So they will drain the loot. If if they have 100 people in 3 hour event, that would cost 3-6k ped/event.

The meaning of this is that we all will pay in hunting, mining and crafting for some people to have fun every day. I expect to see average returns lowered due to this fact.

ANyway, I think this implementation is one of the best we could hope for. I can only hope that those people will pay 6k total markup on whatever crap they burn there....

MA do not fulfill promises, instead they deliver yet another new system. [yes, i know that part of that update is old system, err, rather event]

Always 1 complainer.....

This is as pointed out an old system and if you pay attension this release is not far from the last one so if they bring back another old system in 3-4 weeks time i'll remain happy.

This is a great version of the Land Grab although i'm unsure as to if its worth all the decay to make the few peds we will make in 1 week of holding the land????? Its a great system overall if the LA's used are gonna be active LA's, will have to wait and see when game comes up again.

From what I read, a huge number of players will fight each other generating decay at low cost compared to any other activity. More than that. The get to share the decay at the end.

If MA has no share in this, they will have to get those 10-20 ped/hour from other professions. So they will drain the loot, if they are 100 people in 3 hour event with 3-6k ped/round.

The meaning of this is that we all will pay in hunting, mining and crafting for some people to have fun every day. I expect to see average returns lowered due to this fact.

Hm not necessary I mean they return tt of decay, what about huge % of guns and amps itself ? At least this is where I see they profit.

From what I read, a huge number of players will fight each other generating decay at low cost compared to any other activity. More than that. The get to share the decay at the end.

If MA has no share in this, they will have to get those 10-20 ped/hour from other professions. So they will drain the loot, if they are 100 people in 3 hour event with 3-6k ped/round.

You have a point....... But what if they are looking at the fact the LA owners will then have to keep the LA active to gain any advantage from it thus providing MA/SEE with the decay needed?

Not that i'm sticking up for them, as i'm sure your right but what if?

Hm not necessary I mean they return tt of decay, what about huge % of guns and amps itself ? At least this is where I see they profit.

That % will go to crafters and hunters that loot that. But not ALL crafters and hunters get to loot such items, but ALL will have to cmpensate with extra loss in TT.

Back