Quiet question about knowing what is ok and what isn't...

So if you manage to get a noob to give you his armour by convincing him you can colour it, you are just cleverer than those who don't, yes?

In a way yes,certainly doesn't make it right to deceive someone this way but the person offering a service that is not possible to someone that doesn't know its not possible would infer that the latter is less knowledgeable and therefore less 'clever',depends how you interpret the word clever.

Besides all that I don't think its the right comparison to make in these circumstances.

if the creature cannot reach you, it is an exploit.

That snable-snot sicking up on me tonight while mining seriously needs to complain to ma then.

I got in my car and drove away, my gun was too powerful to waste the ammo on it.

I will expect a temp-ban tomorrow then, because I left it standing with dust in its eyes :laugh:

:silly2:

That snable-snot sicking up on me tonight while mining seriously needs to complain to ma then.

I got in my car and drove away, my gun was too powerful to waste the ammo on it.

I will expect a temp-ban tomorrow then, because I left it standing with dust in its eyes :laugh:

No you can use a vehicle to run away. If you are not engaging the creature in the first place then you are gaining nothing by this.

I now have a picture in my head of dj using the VTOL exploit to hunt Snables :D

Reactions: dj.
In a way yes,certainly doesn't make it right to deceive someone this way but the person offering a service that is not possible to someone that doesn't know its not possible would infer that the latter is less knowledgeable and therefore less 'clever',depends how you interpret the word clever.

Besides all that I don't think its the right comparison to make in these circumstances.
MA is teaching us by example in this regard... They have deceived us over and over saying old systems would be back and lead us to believe estates would be working... If they don't want exploiters in game, they should fix the broken stuff and stop exploiting us with these non-existent services they offered that are not there.

MA is teaching us by example in this regard... They have deceived us over and over saying old systems would be back and lead us to believe estates would be working... If they don't want exploiters in game, they should fix the broken stuff and stop exploiting us with these non-existent services they offered that are not there.

Cant really argue with that only in this scenario that would make us the 'not so clever' ones. :ahh:

LOL - I wonder if hunter gatherers had the same problem when mammoths accused them of cheating for sharpening rocks and putting them on the ends of sticks?

But seriously Menace - my question was more than about 1 thing or technique, even though most answers have been about the one example of my three which has actually happened.
Intelligence is often about combining methods and/or actions in sequence. The universe should be able to cater for some intelligence without it being considered an exploit. I think most people so far disagree with you about common sense on this. I realise 'common' sense doesn't have to be majority thinking either, but if many people disagree with you, let them express their thoughts without coming close to insulting them please.

MA should be clear about the use of intelligence in this universe lol - but ty for taking the time to reply Menace :)

I think there should be some rooms for intelligent use of ones environment....But if one feels that something is bugged...he/she should report it...

My question is if I face a bug (happens during levi hunting)....and lose peds at my no fault, and MA don't reimburse me is legal....

another example:
well there has been a bug in mining where you couldn't find deposits anymore.. might be that you got hit by that a few times. Can't remember what the thread was called right now but I am sure someone can digg it up.

then why it would be against EULA if I use the same environment intelligently in favor of me would be illegal?

Pingponging is not illegal.....walking backward is not illegal......and if i use these same tactics in a specific environment more intelligently I guess it shouldn't be illegal

Last edited:

Love that :laugh:

Good point... I think if MA doesn't solve an issue after reporting it.....and the bug is hampering someones activity then he/she has the right to take adventage of it...and i think it's fair..

EDIT: Sorry I should have done all these posts in one only

If something feels bugged, then yes, ideally you should send a report case.
If something feels imbalanced? If a combination of steps can be used to advantage? Then what?

I take it walking backwards and using a finisher are considered ok, from what I read here, but what about shooting from higher up a hill that a mob will be slower on but not trapped? Is that gaining advantage from terrain?

With this latest vu, 'imbalances' have already cropped up and this is even without being 'clever'. Being a bit more clever and you have other 'ways' of gaining an advantage. Nothing so far suggests these would be bug using, however. I personally feel it wouldn't be right to engage in the 'clever' stuff in this case, as I feel it is quite clear to my common sense that I would be being unethical if I did so. However, in other cases I see things as intelligent and not abuses, whereas MA may at some point decide that it's all exploiting. The problem is - we have no 'sensible' basis to operate on (sensible for many of us, that is - and we feel we have plenty of common sense too, ty!)

Back