Event: Medusa Miner's Marathon! 1k PED prizes

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
Entropian Events and Medusa’s Head present
The Medusa Miners Marathon
An event for miners at Medusa’s Head

11 April – 8 May

Join us for the first ever mining event at Medusa’s Head! We have 1000 PED to give away – read on to find out how to claim your share of the prize!

medusa_new_small_710236.jpg

Medusa’s Head is divided into 8 land areas:

• Apophis Island
  • Ayida Island
  • Bakunawa Island
  • Deino Island
  • Enyo Island
  • Naga Island
  • Ouroboros Island
  • Pemphredo Island

Some of these areas have mobs spawning in them, but much of Medusa’s Head is clear of wildlife for the convenience of miners.

Known resources include alferix, dianum, durulium, gold, ignisium, kanerium, lysterium, niksarium, terrudite, azur, binary, cave sap, devil’s tail, henrem stems, lumis and solis.

Mining tax at Medua’s Head is 4%.

How to Enter

To take part, all you need to do is mine on the islands of Medusa’s Head and post screenshots of your globals or HoFs here.

Screenshots must include the global message (which will contain the name of the island you are on), and the in-game time (press U) in your chat window.

Marathon Prizes

The three miners with the most globals over the course of the contest will win the Marathon Prizes:

• 1st place: 300 PED
  • 2nd place: 200 PED
  • 3rd place: 100 PED

Explorer Prizes

A number of 50 PED bonus prizes are available for miners who like to roam around. To win one you need to get a mining global on six of the eight islands.

A maximum of 8 miners can win an Explorer Prize, and each player can only win one of them. When 8 people have won 50 PED, there will be no more Explorer Prizes, so don’t leave it too late!

Your Explorer globals will of course also count towards your total in the Marathon Prize contest.

Other Rules

1. The contest runs from 0000 UTC (MA time) on Monday 11 April 2011 until 2359 UTC on Sunday 8 May 2011.

2. Screenshots must be posted here within 24 hours of the time shown in the chat window.

3. To be valid, all screenshots must clearly identify your avatar and show the global message (including the name of the island) and the time in your chat window.

4. Please do not edit your posts! If you have something to add, make a new post. Edited posts may be disallowed.

5. Globals are only valid if scored within one of the eight Medusa’s Head land areas. The small Medusa Bazaar area is not included in the contest.

6. The judge of this competition is Oleg Oleg McMullery. In the event of any dispute, Oleg’s decision is final.

7. We reserve the right to disallow any entries in the case of suspected PhotoShopping or other foul play.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL MINERS!

NOTE: This competition is also open on another forum. Entries from both forums will be combined to make the final scores.​

Final Scores

1. Jewel Bugg Fleming: 6
2. Norman Norm Moon: 5
3. BB BB Punisher: 4
4= Torene Tor Alaranth: 1
4= Ivana Gently Kutchukokoff: 1
4= Zina Zina Razvan: 1

Last edited:
Calling all miners!

Bump for the weekend :)

Get ready, we start on Monday!

Just a few hours till the event begins at midnight tonight!

We have begun... who will be first to post? :)

It's quiet out there...

are there any empty LAs there for a low level miner to mine at without getting his face eaten off?

are there any empty LAs there for a low level miner to mine at without getting his face eaten off?

Yes. Naga, Ayida and Deino all have lots of mobs. The other islands either have no mobs at all or have large empty areas with only limited natural spawns in parts of the island.

I'll start off with a 69 ped Lyst:

Thanks for getting us started Bugg, I guess you take the lead :D

I'll start a scoreboard when we have some more entries.

Come on all you miners, where are you? :)

Hallooooooooooooooooo....

Haven't had much success mining in a while, but I figured I'd give it a shot :) I hadn't even been to Medusa's Head before today lol

Grats Tor and thanks for joining in :)

Ouroboros Durulium Global...Thanks for the mining event...Good luck everyone!

showimage.php
[/URL][/IMG]

So what are you going to do in the event of a tie, since we have a 3-way tie right now? :silly2:

So what are you going to do in the event of a tie, since we have a 3-way tie right now? :silly2:

Hopefully we'll have a few more globals in the next 3 weeks or so :D

But in the event of a tie prizes will be split as appropriate.

I've added a scoreboard at the end of the first post.

Naga Island Durulium

showimage.php
[/URL][/IMG]

I have got a question i would like clarified.

Why do we need screenshots when the LA's already have global naming for each of them?? Cant we have it setup with ET somehow?

I have got a question i would like clarified.

Why do we need screenshots when the LA's already have global naming for each of them?? Cant we have it setup with ET somehow?

There are a number of reasons why, one of them being that ET isn't 100% reliable and not everyone uses it.

There are a number of reasons why, one of them being that ET isn't 100% reliable and not everyone uses it.

I agree that ET is not 100% reliable. However if the miner provides the screenie only in case ET hasnt registered it, is that possible? Basically the miner takes the risk on himself.

I agree that ET is not 100% reliable. However if the miner provides the screenie only in case ET hasnt registered it, is that possible? Basically the miner takes the risk on himself.

No, the rules are as stated in the first post.

Screenshots required, no exceptions.

275ped Terrudite - Ouroboros:

Scores

1= BB BB Punisher: 2
1= Jewel Bugg Fleming: 2
3. Torene Tor Alaranth: 1

Not really sure how to insert images with the thumbnails, but here are the links

67PED Duru...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=268212&c=22

102PED Terru...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=268213&c=22

The easiest way to do it is to click on Link Images when you post and use the options in the window that pops up.

I can't accept the first screenshot, it's posted too late. You have to post within 24 hours. The second one is good.

Back