Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
WoF Stage 3 Round 2: HOW THEY STAND:

After 2 weekends of thrilling competition the scores are as follows:

Group 1.

France 421
Italy 435
New Zealand 228 (total, both matches played)

France vs New Zealand France 421 NZ 122
New Zealand vs Italy Italy 435 NZ 106
France vs Italy ???

France vs Italy to play: Italy 14 points ahead at present.
New Zealand are out.

Group 2.

Australia 637
Portugal
USA 502

Portugal forfeit.
Australia lead the group.
USA second seed.

Group 3.

BeNeLux 488
Finland 553
Denmark 262 (total, both matches played)

Finland vs Denmark Finland 553 DNK 121
BeNeLux vs Denmark BNL 488 DNK 141
BeNeLux vs Finland ???

BeNeLux vs Finland to play: Finland 65 points ahead at present
Denmark are out.

Group 4.

England 426
Canada 503
Eudoria 496 (total, both matches played)

Eudoria vs England EUD 187 ENG 426
Canada vs Eudoria CAN 503 EUD 308
England vs Canada ???

England vs Canada to play: England must get at least 71 to proceed, 70 to draw with Eudoria.. Canada 77 points ahead at present.

Group 5.

Sweden 528
Wales 364
South Africa 168 (total, both matches played)

South Africa vs Sweden SWE 528 SA 93
Wales vs South Africa WAL 364 SA 75
Sweden vs Wales ???

Sweden vs Wales to play: Sweden are 164 points ahead at present.
South Africa are out.

Group 6.

DACH 467
Scotland 194
Amethera 447 (total, both matches played)

Amethera vs DACH DACH 467 AME 43
Scotland vs Amethera AME 404 SCO 194
DACH vs Scotland ???

DACH vs Scotland to play: Scotland must get at least 254 to proceed, 253 to draw with Amethera. DACH 274 points ahead at present.

Next weekend is the last hunt weekend of Stage 3. First and Second positions within each group allows those teams to progress to Stage 4. Teams will be seeded into new groups depending on their positions.

Stage 4 Moblist and Matches will be posted the following weekend.

Actually had a chance to hunt this year (For Eudoria) and had a blast; I almost forgot how much fun it was to be hunting with another team breathing down your neck and the Mobs doing what they can to deny you the points. I salute you all for a fine effort and look forward to seeing how this tournament turns out.

Thanks to the Judges who have been exemplary as always, I wish I had a way to reward you properly for your work.

Hurrikane

Quick reminder:

Matches to play/Confirmed Times:

France vs Italy
BeNeLux vs Finland
England vs Canada
Sweden vs Wales 17:00 Saturday 16th
DACH vs Scotland 13:00 Sunday 17th

*These scores have been checked to the best of my ability but as always, there is a chance of a mistake or typo. If you have any reason to contest your scores please let me know by PM and include some supporting evidence.

From the first weekend:

DACH vs Amethera:

DACH: 467
Amethera: 43

USA vs Australia:

Australia: 637
USA: 502

England vs Eudoria:

England: 426
Eudoria: 189

France vs New Zealand:

France: 421
New Zealand: 122

Sweden vs South Africa:

Sweden: 528
South Africa: 93

BeNeLux vs Denmark:

BeNeLux: 488
Denmark: 141

I'll try to be quicker off the mark next week.

Notice: Amethera and Eudoria both fell foul of the MIA rule this round. I'd like to remind players that this is NOT a penalty that is optional, depending on the reason for the MIA. Part of any team's tactics should be getting enough points so an unforeseen MIA won't affect the result. Sorry for those who end up with an MIA through no real fault of their own, but that's the rules.

Notice: I am told Portugal has pulled out this year. This means Teams USA and Australia are through to Stage 4 and have no need to play any more matches in Stage 3.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Thanks for your hard work, Hurri! :cool:

Confirmed Matches for this weekend: (sorry for the delay)

Saturday:

Eudoria Vs Canada: 17:00

Wales Vs South Africa: 21:00

Sunday:

Italy Vs New Zealand / Scotland Vs Amethera: 09:00

Finland Vs Denmark: 13:00

USA and Australia are through to Stage 4: Portugal have forfeited.

Thanks to all, see you on the field.

Hurrikane

Last edited:

Italy Vs New Zealand: 13:00

Italy Vs New Zealand: is at 9.00 MA time, 11.00 in Italy :yup: I cecked again messages that I sent you and messages that I had with the other captain

Italy Vs New Zealand: is at 9.00 MA time, 11.00 in Italy :yup: I cecked again messages that I sent you and messages that I had with the other captain

Corrected, sorry, long day:)

Hurrikane

Think it was swapped mate....scotland/Amethera should be at 13:00?

grr.

For some reason the schedule is not clear to me. I dunno what I have read and what I haven't .

Hopefully everyone will play and everyone will be judged.

Sorry for the confusion, will sort it out somehow.

Hurrikane

Confirmed Matches for this weekend: (sorry for the delay)

(CORRECTED)

Saturday:

Eudoria Vs Canada: 17:00

Wales Vs South Africa: 21:00

Sunday:

Italy Vs New Zealand: 09:00

Finland Vs Denmark: 13:00

Scotland Vs Amethera:13:00

USA and Australia are through to Stage 4: Portugal have forfeited.

Thanks to all, see you on the field.

Hurrikane

I am now happy this is right. But still expecting someone to say otherwise:)

Hurrikane

WoF Stage 3 Round 2: HOW THEY STAND:

After 2 weekends of thrilling competition the scores are as follows:

Group 1.

France 421
Italy 435
New Zealand 228 (total, both matches played)

France vs New Zealand France 421 NZ 122
New Zealand vs Italy Italy 435 NZ 106
France vs Italy ???

France vs Italy to play: Italy 14 points ahead at present.
New Zealand are out.

Group 2.

Australia 637
Portugal
USA 502

Portugal forfeit.
Australia lead the group.
USA second seed.

Group 3.

BeNeLux 488
Finland 553
Denmark 262 (total, both matches played)

Finland vs Denmark Finland 553 DNK 121
BeNeLux vs Denmark BNL 488 DNK 141
BeNeLux vs Finland ???

BeNeLux vs Finland to play: Finland 65 points ahead at present
Denmark are out.

Group 4.

England 426
Canada 503
Eudoria 496 (total, both matches played)

Eudoria vs England EUD 187 ENG 426
Canada vs Eudoria CAN 503 EUD 308
England vs Canada ???

England vs Canada to play: England must get at least 71 to proceed, 70 to draw with Eudoria.. Canada 77 points ahead at present.

Group 5.

Sweden 528
Wales 364
South Africa 168 (total, both matches played)

South Africa vs Sweden SWE 528 SA 93
Wales vs South Africa WAL 364 SA 75
Sweden vs Wales ???

Sweden vs Wales to play: Sweden are 164 points ahead at present.
South Africa are out.

Group 6.

DACH 467
Scotland 194
Amethera 447 (total, both matches played)

Amethera vs DACH DACH 467 AME 43
Scotland vs Amethera AME 404 SCO 194
DACH vs Scotland ???

DACH vs Scotland to play: Scotland must get at least 254 to proceed, 253 to draw with Amethera. DACH 274 points ahead at present.

Next weekend is the last hunt weekend of Stage 3. First and Second positions within each group allows those teams to progress to Stage 4. Teams will be seeded into new groups depending on their positions.

Stage 4 Moblist and Matches will be posted the following weekend.

Actually had a chance to hunt this year (For Eudoria) and had a blast; I almost forgot how much fun it was to be hunting with another team breathing down your neck and the Mobs doing what they can to deny you the points. I salute you all for a fine effort and look forward to seeing how this tournament turns out.

Thanks to the Judges who have been exemplary as always, I wish I had a way to reward you properly for your work.

Hurrikane

Quick reminder:

Matches to play/Confirmed Times:

France vs Italy
BeNeLux vs Finland
England vs Canada
Sweden vs Wales 17:00 Saturday 16th
DACH vs Scotland 13:00 Sunday 17th

*These scores have been checked to the best of my ability but as always, there is a chance of a mistake or typo. If you have any reason to contest your scores please let me know by PM and include some supporting evidence.

Well done to all the teams that got through :D

SA is out.... but we will be back bigger and badder next year... mwahahahaha!!! :lift:

Well done to all the teams that got through :D

SA is out.... but we will be back bigger and badder next year... mwahahahaha!!! :lift:

Sorry to see fellow southern hemispherians bite the engraved bullet that says " briar n beer now mate" :)

I guess you guys n gals are off the hook now but not Hurri:D

Onya's and yes we were watching you in OZ :cool:

On behalf of the Aussies cheers:beerchug::tiphat:

Amethera Rocks :yay:

Just checked scores from 17:00 slot today and wanted to acknowledge a correction. Don't think it changes the match, but it made it VERY close....1 point.

These scores still need to be confirmed a final time. I had one extra point for Sweden due to a glitch in the spreadsheet, so their final was 275, and Wales was correct as announced at 291. I incorrectly gave the Loot Bonus to Wales, which should have gone to Sweden. This would make the score Sweden 290, Wales 291, before Win Bonus was added in. Wales got the nod by 1 point so final total is 391 for Wales.

If anyone has a chat log that shows a different score, please let one of the judges know ASAP. From my chat log, this looks like the correct score, but once in a great while a global will not display in everyone's chat window. In this case, it could make the difference between a win and a loss. I'll post the spreadsheets that show all the globals soon, so you can check it against your chat log.

Please note that there was another team with WOF and Sweden in the name out globalling on Prots toward the end of the hunt. This was NOT the Sweden main team. There were two prot globals that should not be counted if you see them as you go through the chat log. No one was cheating mind you, it was just some outside ppl who chose to mess with WOF. The scores I posted above do not have these two globals counted, and nor should yours if you check them.

Also, there were two globals at the start of the hunt that WERE the Sweden main team, but they stopped and rebuilt the team as they forgot the "WOF" in the team originally. Those two globals (Ambu Prowler for 97 ped, Prot Young for 202 ped) SHOULD be counted and were counted in the scores reported above.

There were one or two small corrections I found after checking a couple of the other scores, but nothing as dramatic as this one, and I will confirm them with the other judges first.

Thanks, Mack

EDIT:

Here is a link to the scoring spreadsheets that I have:

Scoring Spreadsheets

Last edited:
Oer, close one!!!

I have plugged our manual records into Macks Marvellous Spreadsheet and we tally with Mack.

Update, I've added the Sunday match between DACH and Scotland spreadsheets, and I also added a text version for those who don't have Excel. Little different format, but shows most of the info. It's the output from my scoring app, and I've verified that it matches the manual scoresheets.

I don't have any info for the late Saturday match.

Scoresheets

For summary for final round of Stage 3:

DACH v Scotland:
DACH - 312 + 115 = 427
SCOTLAND - 90 - 10 = 80

Sweden V Wales:
SWEDEN - 275 + 15 = 290
WALES - 291 + 100 = 391

England V Canada:
ENGLAND - 356
CANADA - 398 + 115 = 513

Benelux V Finland:
BENELUX - 312
FINLAND - 388 + 115 = 503

Italy V France:
???

Thanks, Mack

Last edited:
I think it was Italy 351, France 248 - another extremely close one. Italy took the lead in the last 2 minutes.

I was judge for Italy so I'm confident of the Italy score but the France one is from memory :)

I can confirm the Italy/France score :

It was, as Oleg said, Crazy close... France led All the way thru and with 2 minutes left on the clock they were 3 points ahead of Italy's 241 with 244... With just 120 seconds remaining Italy popped a Big Ambu for 10 points putting them just 7 ahead as the whistle blew...

So with the 100 point win bonus, final score was Italy 351 : 244 France

Helluva game :)

I can confirm the Italy/France score :

It was, as Oleg said, Crazy close... France led All the way thru and with 2 minutes left on the clock they were 3 points ahead of Italy's 241 with 244... With just 120 seconds remaining Italy popped a Big Ambu for 10 points putting them just 7 ahead as the whistle blew...

So with the 100 point win bonus, final score was Italy 351 : 244 France

Helluva game :)

What about the Loot bonus? That goes to the team whose Main team had the highest ped total. It is 15 points, and gets applied BEFORE the win bonus, so it can make the difference in a close match if the lower scoring team actually had the higher ped total. Once the Loot Bonus is figured in, a winner is determined and the 100 point win bonus is applied.

Seems like loot bonus didn't get added in here, so whoever had the highest ped total (just Main, not Support) will be the winner.

Do either of you have the scoresheets that you can send me, or a chat log? I can PM you my e-mail address if that is the easiest way.

Thanks, Mack

France's loot total, which applies only to the Main team as I understand it, was fairly low : 492

So my sheet shows France Main 46 points + 50 variety, Support 123 + 25 Variety = 96 + 148 = 244

I was under the impression that Loot Bonus was applied to Italy's score, giving them 251 Before win bonus...

Oleg did indeed check France's loot total with me, just seconds before the end, so i am confident that this was done.

Since Italy clearly had the higher loot total it would not effect the result in any case.

However, i Can send you a copy of my results for France, if this would help :thumbup:

Loot bonus is included in the Italy scores, they would have lost without it.

Okay, thanks...sounds like you guys got it covered :D

-Mack

Back