Using Twitter for Trading, promoting Events, etc

Ralacs

Mature
Society
NBK Elite
Amy Mooneve Sharp
First I must confess that it took me quite a while to get the point of twittering, and still Im not even sure I got it. BUT for various tasks like solving world crises it seems to work miraculously well. So here is a thought, maybe even not a new one: Why don't we (EU-residents) just use it to lubricate various tasks like trading and announce events?

There already is the EntropiaNews channel (@EntropiaNews) but how about @EntropiaTrading or @EntropiaEvents?

So let me elaborate a bit with an example:

My hunch is that we all are very familiar to the setup of going to Twins for trading once and awhile using the trade channel. Suppose we want to sell something like a Master Coat.
In game it would look something like:

SELLING Master Coat (F) TT+500 PED's @ Balcony

A suggestion for the same item using twitter would be:

@EntropiaTrade SELL #Clothes #Coats Master Coat (F) TT+500 [Amy Mooneve Sharp] [Twins] [2:30] http://t.co/oojRagZ

The hash-tags allows for easy search and are the same as location in auction, the brackets are used for the Avatar, Place, Time I will be available from post (TTL) and finally perhaps an online picture of the item.

So whats the benefits?
* Well, reaching out to far more than soc + the ones nearby without travelling around and spamming 24/7
* The hash tags does a lot of magic for filtering out your items of interest
* Available offline (Potential to reach people not ingame)

The same arguments apply for using e.g. @EntropiaEvents in order to promote events. Perhaps someone wants to give it a shot? I created the accounts just for fun

A good Twitter client that I could recommend would be TweetDeck. It does all the magic for sorting out the tags for you :D

Please share your experiences and thoughts on this matter!

Cool idea, why not also use the avatar name as a tag to see what else the person is selling.

Cool idea, why not also use the avatar name as a tag to see what else the person is selling.

The only issue then would be that the AV name needs to be written together. A better way might be to just use the @ for that persons twitter name? :scratch2:

Back