Question: Where is our Community Representative?

Mega

Chaotic Good
Society
Kaos
MegaVolt
Hanne, you last posted on the forum on 8th April 2011, its now 26th April. Pioneer SDS has replied to several posts regarding missions (his responsibility) but you seem to have been somewhat absent.

Are you ok?

Where is our Community Representative?

I was going to post a thread about this last week, but decided not to...

Hanne, you last posted on the forum on 8th April 2011, its now 26th April. Pioneer SDS has replied to several posts regarding missions (his responsibility) but you seem to have been somewhat absent.

Are you ok?

She got quiet after the 'personal attacks.'

Who knows what is going on after the SDS merger. Heck, is Marco or Frank even around anymore?

Who knows what is going on after the SDS merger. Heck, is Marco or Frank even around anymore?

I can fully understand that, I'd get quiet after personal attacks too (after a massive rage thread possibly ;) ), probably why Marco and Frank dont post too much too.

But even so, if it was my job, I'd manage to post at least once or twice a week, and Skam / Hanne knows how the playerbase is. She was one of us for long enough.

Ahh poor Hanne, Fun to talk to her in game ;)

Where are you?

Yes ! i was wondering the same thing too about Hanne, haven't seen her for a bit,hope all is well with her.:(, by the way people i am Optimus Primemortal in game, hope it comes back up soon too.:computer:

Some very long easter hollidays maybe? :p
Then again that's not really a reason not to post on PCF. lol

I can fully understand that, I'd get quiet after personal attacks too (after a massive rage thread possibly ;) ), probably why Marco and Frank dont post too much too.

But even so, if it was my job, I'd manage to post at least once or twice a week, and Skam / Hanne knows how the playerbase is. She was one of us for long enough.

not the same story, Marco and Frank have responsability positions...................

Not that it makes 100% sense to anyone but me... but I decided to sell off most of my items once Marco kinda disappeared from the forum. It just felt like the guy who offers to take your family picture in front of the monument backing up slowly, slowly a little more, just about to turn and sprint off with your camera.

No regrets. I remember the real EU- and am happy others feel there has been progress and whatnot.

Chris

Bump i know its early morning in europe but i am waiting for an answer :)

If anything was going to get a response, I'd hope this one would.

Or I'd post the 3 cookie picture Hanne, you know the one? :cool:

Why would we need a community Representative in the first place?

Would it be hard for ANY of the currently staff on SDS to post once or twice a week? Do they really not have 2 spare minutes, or 20 spare minutes a week?

Pioneer has been posting recently, and I like it... :)

Why would we need a community Representative in the first place?

Would it be hard for ANY of the currently staff on SDS to post once or twice a week? Do they really not have 2 spare minutes, or 20 spare minutes a week?

Maybe Pioneer is covering for Hanne while she's on holiday vacation?

Yeah I like Pioneer too, he shoots from the hip, and he doesnt care what he aims at. Very Duke Nukem. :)

His remit is only missions though, so he is unlikely to comment on anything "un-missiony".

I Also wonder what happened to her. Is she sick, on leave (I currently have 11 days of due to Easter and 3 days of leave I have booked), or is she scared of using the forum ?

If she is not using the forum because of personal attacks against her I'm sorry to say but I would give her a written warning if I wore here boss and tell her to deal with it or just ignore the attacks because it is her job to use the forum and she should have know what would be coming her way when accepting this job (she was a player and forum member for years after all).

Something I have noticed is she only took notice of certain threads while not even bothering to post in any other threads where asked for a response or threads that is damaging towards MA / FPC / SDS / WTF / WTFKA.

If I was paid to check the forums I would become a forum whore and reply to every thread where input from someone inside will help or is requested. I would also read each whining thread carefully and absorb the overall feel of the players about certain situations and bug the shit out of my boss with the info and rumors of the players and give him the impact it may have. I would go further and view other planet partners forums too.

O and if Marco or anyone ells from SDS reads this and want to give me a job as a community rep my answer is go **** yourself I enjoy playing the game.

Or possibly she is hard at work.

Something I have noticed is she only took notice of certain threads while not even bothering to post in any other threads where asked for a response or threads that is damaging towards MA / FPC / SDS / WTF / WTFKA.

It is unlikely she would have had the authority to answer. And we won't know how much time she spent trying to get some approved answer for these.

If I was paid to check the forums I would become a forum whore and reply to every thread where input from someone inside will help or is requested. I would also read each whining thread carefully and absorb the overall feel of the players about certain situations and bug the shit out of my boss with the info and rumors of the players and give him the impact it may have. I would go further and view other planet partners forums too.

Except this is not (all) what she is paid for and she should not post in every thread anyways.

If I was paid to check the forums I would become a forum whore and reply to every thread where input from someone inside will help or is requested.

Except this is not (all) what she is paid for [...]

Pardon a nob (a noob having lost an 'o'), but what would that job be then?

SEEDS: Glorified LA-"owner", still at the mercy of MA.
Hanne: Community manager for SEEDS.
Community (in context of SEEDS): MA's actual customers that reside on SEEDS-"managed" servers.
PCF: SEEDS' only public communication channel.

So if her job isn't to try to "manage" us (wouldn't that be like hearding cats?) here on PCF, what would the job be for someone holding that title? Is the job title totally wrong?

However bad the title is (in its attempt to convey a meaning), it was suggested it was a public relations position intended to communicate with the Community. Was the person holding that position doing the job so badly it may have been vacated? If not, should it be?

As all paying customers should have an interest in how SEEDS+MA manages our money, do you think SEEDS is currently managing the resources we pay them in a responsible and customer appreciating way? If not, do you think we should request (read: attempt to demand) a change?
Think of it as a request for information from informal shareholders.

Maybe Pioneer is covering for Hanne while she's on holiday vacation?

I think there's a contradiction with her title.
Hanne does not represent the community, she is just a part time SEE Public Relations employee.

Hanne also lacks the training needed to deal with the negative aspects of her job and therefore only wants to be the bearer of good news.

deleted post

Last edited:
Doing...

Community Management? :laugh:

That's the thing... the community hasn't heard much.

http://conniebensen.com/2008/07/17/community-manager-job-description/
A community manager is the voice of the company externally and the voice of the customers internally.

I don't think there is any reason to say that she is not our voice on the inside. SDS has been quite good at dealing with a lot of things we have brought up here on forums. Just look at the loots in this content update. I think a better question than "why is Hanne not posting" is "Why does SDS not speak to us more". Some of this might be an issue of culture change towards more openness, some of it might be showing that we actually care for what SDS does say to us?

You know, if you look at say the responses on Arkadia forum to David Dobson saying "no, we can't do this", "no, not at the beginning", etc and when SDS says the same thing here, somewhy there is a very large amount of negativity always here? Never mind the people who have not and cannot learn the difference between what MA vs SDS does / can do. It is only worth talking to us, as opposed to making announcements to us, if we then listen. If Hanne posts the same thing that Cyrus does, our reaction should be the same. It isn't.

I don't think there is any reason to say that she is not our voice on the inside. SDS has been quite good at dealing with a lot of things we have brought up here on forums. Just look at the loots in this content update. I think a better question than "why is Hanne not posting" is "Why does SDS not speak to us more". Some of this might be an issue of culture change towards more openness, some of it might be showing that we actually care for what SDS does say to us?

You know, if you look at say the responses on Arkadia forum to David Dobson saying "no, we can't do this", "no, not at the beginning", etc and when SDS says the same thing here, somewhy there is a very large amount of negativity always here? Never mind the people who have not and cannot learn the difference between what MA vs SDS does / can do. It is only worth talking to us, as opposed to making announcements to us, if we then listen. If Hanne posts the same thing that Cyrus does, our reaction should be the same. It isn't.

You must understand one thing - we play a computer game, so we are kids (at heart). And we want Hanne to be our mommy! And god damn, if she is not being that to us, I personally, am switching to an Angelina Jolie MMORPG - at least there I am guaranteed to be adopted!

You must understand one thing - we play a computer game, so we are kids (at heart). And we want Hanne to be our mommy! And god damn, if she is not being that to us, I personally, am switching to an Angelina Jolie MMORPG - at least there I am guaranteed to be adopted!
Pfft, come clean, you just want to nuzzle up and suckle a teether. ;)

I don't think there is any reason to say that she is not our voice on the inside. .

Sure there is.
The simple fact that there is no follow up from vast majority of her posts is one great reason.

Has anyone entertained the idea she may have quit ? Sometimes getting paid for doing what you love , just turns it into ......well ...work

As long as she reads the forum, and inform the rest of SDS about our concerns and wishes, I can live with the silence :cool:

Back