Question: Where is our Community Representative?

The simple fact that there is no follow up from vast majority of her posts is one great reason.
Marco may have given her orders to not communicate a word to us. That's plausible, and likewise something we'll never get any information of - as always.

One thing we may have not considered is that Marco is former MA, and the stripes of a tiger do not wash out easily...

As oddball as this might sound, I think she actually does post more then Marco did when he had her job.... but yes, she does need to do it more, especially since some posts from JC seem to indicate that he wants/needs more mods here. As far as I can tell from some posts she's made in the past, she has full mod rights here, and is actually THE mod here since she's actually paid to do it while JC is just volunteering.

Her level of presence here should be just as big if not bigger then 711's was over on ef before PCF/SDS bought this forum's database, but so far that does not appear to be what's happening.

Sure there is.
The simple fact that there is no follow up from vast majority of her posts is one great reason.

Umm... no. As soon as something needs to be an official answer, it is very much out of her hands and depends on not just it being formulated but also cleared for publishing.

Never mind the cases like say in the scanners thread where she did not promise any answer but where everybody is expecting one anyways despite the fact that it would concern non-public MA / SDS communication and business dealings.

Doing...

Community Management? :laugh:

That's the thing... the community hasn't heard much.

http://conniebensen.com/2008/07/17/community-manager-job-description/
A community manager is the voice of the company externally and the voice of the customers internally.

That's exactly the point, a "community manager" that remains silent is doing... what exactly?

And what personal attacks? What did i miss here?
And when she cannot cope with it, why don't they replace her with someone with a bit more "cojones"?

I mean, she gets paid for doing... nothing atm?

she posts, in the form of bertha and news bot.

community manager, seriusly only in SDS view, that job title needs to be redefined to message boy or shut down.

It is sad that the client base are not important to MA or SDS. Public relations is no longer a concern for them. As long as we keep depositing they keep making a profit. We have seen Ancient Greece fail and Next Island grind to a halt. Rocktropia is the only planet that seems to be evolving in storyline and depth due to independent management by ND. Calypso is lingering on memories of past systems and a non-existent storyline. We get no response because they don't check the forums.
If Hanne is sick, then they need a substitute while she is away. The public relations from SDS and MA is appalling and we are not impressed. Marco now is the time to make a huge post. Imagine we are the investors at a board meeting. We need some reasons as to why we should have faith in your product and why the hell we should keep depositing!

Come on, time for a response...we want a road map!

She's probably spending her mornings writing backstory/content for Planet Michael.

Afternoons are spent in therapy.

I heard she's unwell at the moment.

Give her a break guys. :)

Frankie says relax, and so does mikee.

Come on, time for a response...we want a road map!

But can we have it? Are MA timelines firm enough that SDS can give us a timeline, or will they continue to develop stuff and assemble content updates based on what has been added and what works? Take for example the new weapon and armor loots in teh present content update. It has a new mob, new drops, new missions - but we don't know for example what percentage of items got approved and ready. Or how far SDS is with developing beacon missions based on whatever information (or enabled features on test servers) MA has given on those. Same with anything.

Sure, they should still give us a better view into wat is planned, but it can be tricky.

But this is getting somewhat off-topic.

Give her a break guys. :)

Frankie says relax, and so does mikee.

I have no issues with Hanne being sick.
I hope she gets well soon. I do however think MA/SDS should step in while she is absent and communicate with us.

Marco may have

That's pure speculation, and without reasons giveen for not following up we are left scratching our heads:scratch2:

I'm not going to debate your opinion.

The fact is that the community manager rarely follows up on her posts..and following up is the other half of the job.
IMO That's a great reason to believe the community is not being properly represented. :tiphat:

I wonder if I would get paid at my job, if I didn't do what my title says I'm doing :)

good post Few Scars right above.. I do hope for a huge post from Marco or Hanne soon as well.... We need explanations... W/e, less than a month left here =)

I do feel bad if she is unwell.

She seems to be sick a lot lately, so maybe she needs to resign her position and concentrate on her health.

Why should she report that she's got nothing to report? Or she's to busy getting the Q&A reponses out of MA staff.

Marco has been absent from the forum for quite a while, his last few posts have been merely defensive positioning.

I am here, at least a few times per week. There are a lot of administration to handle for me as CEO, I can tell, eating time. But I can never let go of the forums. =)

seems he's let go quite well so far as he's only made 4 posts since that one and they were only after a big storm from the players and left Hanne and Pioneer to ride the waves.

Last edited:
Hanne is still busy collecting the answers for the next part of the Q&A we are missing since........:scratch2:?

Problem is, since many stopped depositing and withdrawing instead, they had to sell the computers at ebay to pay for the bosses stripper partys.

If you are used to write your stuff with the computer and do such things via email, it is quite hard to run to every person that can answer that very question and to write it down with pen and paper. And there has been so many questions.

Now I can imagine without practice the handwritten stuff is also somehow hard to compile, since its possibly hard to read because of little practice, think of it, maybe some questions need to be re-asked and re-written, because it was totally unreadable.

If you bare this in mind and consider how many questions there have been, you should be more patient now.

I love this thread, I've been wanting to make one (again) lately.

Why should she report that she's got nothing to report? Or she's to busy getting the Q&A reponses out of MA staff.

If there is nothing to report then what is currently happening should be reported.
They have a staff of X amount of people who are clearly working on something at the moment. If there is no big news to report we should get updates on what is happening in the office.

Like:
Steve continues to work on the (insert thing here)
Bob in the graphics department is currently remoding (something)

We as CUSTOMERS want to know what the hell is going on, information is king, it is the INFORMATION AGE.
We dont need only super big awesome news, just what the fuck is happening during these times when nothing seems to be happening.

... since many stopped depositing...

Since I have not deposited for 1,5 years already, with no intention doing so in the upcoming 1-2 years, I hereby declare that from now on I will accept the fact that the community has always been and will always be given way to little information. No more whining from me about this subject.

Only one last bit of sarcasme:
Seems to me that windscreen Hanne has broken.

One personal remark:
Hanne, you should have known before you accepted the job. MA never has shown decend interest in its community and the "Community Manager" always has been a windscreen. I bet Marco and Frank are happy they are of the job.

Just realised the SDS forum members does not have last online time. Wonder why they need to hide their last online time, is it so that we wont notice that they check the forums only when they feel like it? Personaly I dont trust a word that comes out of Marcos mouth espesialy like quoted a few posts up that he is actualy very active on the forum.

Come on SDS get some balls and display your last logon times. One more reason I cant wait for Arcadia, they dont hide shit like this and appear more transparent then SDS has ever been with anything. In the last few months their CEO has revieled more detailed info about the Entropia platform then SDS has ever done.

Just realised the SDS forum members does not have last online time. Wonder why they need to hide their last online time, is it so that we wont notice that they check the forums only when they feel like it?

To be fair: I think this functionality got lost with the upgrade to vBulletin 4, not sure if it is still supported and just not activated, or if it was a vB 3 plugin, but you can't claim that is was hidden on purpose.

Hi! Im alive and (almost) well. As you might know I've been sick a lot the last couple of months. To be frank, Im having some issues with my back being disobedient and going belly-up on me all the time. So... my absence have nothing to do with SDS or MindArk, just good ol' fashioned health problems I'm afraid.

Its something I'm currently under treatment for, and hopefully it'll get better soon. :)

But even so both me and other SDS staff are keeping an eye on the forum to keep the company updated, and what needs to be communicated should still be communicated, either by me working from home or the other lovely people of SDS.

Get well Hanne, my thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
hope you get better soon :)

Bah, we can only wish you'll be back on rails as soon as possible. :)

But even so both me and other SDS staff are keeping an eye on the forum to keep the company updated, and what needs to be communicated should still be communicated, either by me working from home or the other lovely people of SDS.

Kiba Vs Kerby
its loooong time since kerbys has been taken into...care...for ...change
but what we get is redesigned kiba

so? will we ever SEE kerbys again ??

Remains Vs New
Have those lovely people of SDS as a goal remove any old Project entropia objects from calypso surface before end of year ?

Q/A part III Mindark
??? isnt it time to try ask Crytek insted ?

just 3 "i would like to know " questions... which i have plenty more , as any other eh colonist

PS:wise: recovery is recovery ,there is no need to hury up

Get well soon then :girl: :monkey:

Back is something not to mess around with, especially when doing that stupid computer work just sitting all day long.

get well soon. Make sure someone in HR visits your cubicle and makes it ergonomically correct ASAP if it's not already.

Last edited:
It sucks to have to air your personal life on the internet. Thanks for the response. Not feeling ignored means a lot here.

I am confused trying to work out the logistics of your back going belly up :scratch2:

Hope you feel better soon :)

Tsk tsk. Crone noticed that people should not interfere in certain relations.

Other than that, Crone never gives any info to his customers other than what they need to know. Not at all about anything that happens in the kitchen. If sds or ma does so, it would be a bad decision.

Stock holders on the other hand... but Crone doubts anyone here has stocks in either sds or ma.

Back