FYI: Shinkiba Wave events

mrproper

Forum Beaver
Society
Entropia Directory
Andone mrproper Andrei
You may or may not know, that there are certain spots on Calypso where a period Shinkiba Stampede! event is played. The event is simple:
- 5 waves of ever increasing maturity Shinkibas (Corinth)
- last wave is Kirakiba (Corinth)
- there is a timer for the whole event (15 to 30 minutes, never timed it exactly, if you fail to kill the mobs they all die)
- there is an 30 minutes timer between an event ending and one starting, nothing happens then
- global shared loot (everyone gets their share even for one shot)

Some tips for those that want to participate:
- get the Iron missions from Twin Peaks' balcony resident Leo Phoenix (This replaces the Daikiba missions, even if they are in progress)
- there is no "ks-ing", try to shoot anything you want, heal anyone and not die
- you can do the event much much easier with 2+ people
- once someone tags a mob, quickly start shooting it, try to have a single group target
- if you are hit, stop shooting, start healing, don't stop until the mob switches target
- if you are not being hit, shoot at it until it dies
- using splash damage weapons (explosive projectiles, strike chips) attracts massive aggro, be careful
- at the Twin Peaks event, leave 1-2 mobs alive while you loot all the dead ones, you may need more than 20 seconds to do so...
- if you prefer to hunt alone instead of joining the global team inside the event, there are plenty of similar mobs just outside the event zone, don't go inside and have fun!
- don't call anyone in there an idiot, they might not know about the above rules, or YOU might not know about them

Loots:
- ESI chips (very rare)
- MF chips (all kinds of cheap chips)
- Colonizer armor (10% of your ammo will be these)
- Weapons (cheap L weapons like Emik S50, Chikara Mudra, Chikara Vamachara)
- Healing tools (Chikara Ashvin)
Note: Item loots are completely random, just one shot on a mob can net you a niece piece of armor or a 30 ped weapon, and you can also go through a full stampede with no loot above 1 PED.

Locations:
- Easy : East of PA. 63694 74589. 5 waves. No Kirakiba...
- Medium : Chug's Hideout Arena. 68178 74688. 5 Waves. Last includes ONE Kirakiba and some Shinkiba.
- Harder : NNE of Corinth 62509 88909. Inside the tree oasis. 5 Waves. Last wave is only Kirakiba.
- Hard : West of Twin Peaks. 75242 76884. Wave 8 has a Kirakiba, all other waves up to 55 all small Shinkiba, more than Corinth in a smaller area than Chug's. Expect over a hundred mobs gnawing on you at this location, don't go alone :)

Tools:
- Use a real timer or a software one (like http://code.google.com/p/cooktimer/) and start it just as soon the event ends, to 28 minutes (for the Corinth oasis for example). You can go on your merry way in RL or to a local SC, and you can get back just in time for the next event.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great information!

~Danimal

Tis good info, Shinkiba waves are a Hoot :)

To my knowledge there are 4 Shinkiba Waves...

Easy : East of PA. 63694 74589. 5 waves, Lots of Shins, up to around Dominant. No Kirakiba...

Medium : Chug's Hideout Arena. 5 Waves. Last includes ONE Kirakiba.

Harder : NNE of Corinth. In amongst the trees/Oasises. 5 Waves. Last wave is Several Kirakiba.

Hard : West of Twin. 75242 76884. Someone I know got up to wave 19, which was Preposterous. Royal Wedding style Crowds. Not for the faint-hearted...

Good luck :thumbup:

Last edited:
Hard : West of Twin. 75242 76884. Someone I know got up to wave 19, which was Preposterous. Royal Wedding style Crowds. Not for the faint-hearted...

I've seen level 37 but left before it ended. Level 10 had Kiras and subsequent ones only increased spawn size without having any Kiras nor Prowlers/Stalkers.
A big f'ing rocket or grenade launcher seems to work quite well there -- ideal spot to grind away the Shink quest as fast as possible.

Tis good info, Shinkiba waves are a Hoot :)

To my knowledge there are 4 Shinkiba Waves...

Easy : East of PA. 63694 74589. 5 waves, Lots of Shins, up to around Dominant. No Kirakiba...

Medium : Chug's Hideout Arena. 5 Waves. Last includes ONE Kirakiba.

Harder : NNE of Corinth. In amongst the trees/Oasises. 5 Waves. Last wave is Several Kirakiba.

Good luck :thumbup:
Thanks for the locations info, I will check them out and complete the info if needed.

I've seen level 37 but left before it ended. Level 10 had Kiras and subsequent ones only increased spawn size without having any Kiras nor Prowlers/Stalkers.
A big f'ing rocket or grenade launcher seems to work quite well there -- ideal spot to grind away the Shink quest as fast as possible.
The other locations could use more splash damage as well. Definately must check the "hard" spawn...

Tell people about the random item distribution too as FPC(I think it was) confirmed, if you add that good job

Might want to add that the quest replaces the old daikiba quest.

I was somewhat like 1200 of 5000 Daikiba. Now I am at 1200 of 5000 Shinkiba instead.

Might want to add that the quest replaces the old daikiba quest.

I was somewhat like 1200 of 5000 Daikiba. Now I am at 1200 of 5000 Shinkiba instead.

Thats right, im on 250/1000 shinkiba aswell
havent shot any myself thou

Added your info, thanks for the updates.

I forgot to post this yesterday, but you can use a real timer or a software one (like http://code.google.com/p/cooktimer/) and start it just as soon the event ends, to 28 minutes (for the Corinth oasis for example). You can go on your merry way in RL or to a close-by ingame SC (using your vehicles or TP chip, just make sure nobody is around or they'll accuse you of exploiting), and you can get back just in time for the next event.

Added your info, thanks for the updates.

I forgot to post this yesterday, but you can use a real timer or a software one (like http://code.google.com/p/cooktimer/) and start it just as soon the event ends, to 28 minutes (for the Corinth oasis for example). You can go on your merry way in RL or to a close-by ingame SC (using your vehicles or TP chip, just make sure nobody is around or they'll accuse you of exploiting), and you can get back just in time for the next event.

Someone accused you for exploiting when using an egg timer. lol what a lowlife. Wish these waves existed on RT..

Someone accused you for exploiting when using an egg timer. lol what a lowlife. Wish these waves existed on RT..
No, I am sitting in my VTOL around the area with my window minimized while the timer runs (in the passenger seat so I don't consume fuel and don't get hit by mobs :p) and I also used it once to get away from the area before logging out since I couldn't solo the higher waves by myself.

Apparently some people really hate it if you use ingame feature to escape death. Maybe I should add it as a tip above: Do not display or use your vehicles while participating in this event...

In fairness, there was a fairly big todo that occurred recently involving the temp ban of a player using that feature for "more profitable" reasons. It's one of the few high profile cases of MA actually temp-banning someone for using what they consider an exploit. And certainly the biggest case in recent times.

In light of that, there are many who are understandably on edge when they see others using the "de-agro" feature. It's obviously a large part of the misunderstanding that occurred. (Which of you were right really doesn't matter and not worth arguing over. Let's just say it was a difference of opinion and a misunderstanding.)

I happen to like this thread as it's informative and helpful for many, and hope that it won't get bogged down with comments about a simple miscommunication between players.

I joined the Twin Peaks defend the flag on top of the hill stampede event... pretty crazy...

It gets so dense you don't have time to loot all the mobs that are dead before the next wave is spawned, wave 55 had something like 80-100 mobs on a space the size of a large apartment. The round ended because we didn't kill the mobs in time.

It would be nice if we could get a confirmation from SDS that the Shinkiba wave near Twin Peaks actually does have an ending at some point, or if it is bugged and endless.

Wave banner error?

Anyone getting a wave banner error? The wave banner seems to follow me everywhere i go. It's a little annoying.

Anyone getting a wave banner error? The wave banner seems to follow me everywhere i go. It's a little annoying.

Every time? I've read when it was introduced that this happened for some location banners for certain people..

Note: Item loots are completely random, just one shot on a mob can net you a niece piece of armor or a 30 ped weapon, and you can also go through a full stampede with no loot above 1 PED.

Not completely random, higher damage done to the mob equals higher chance of getting the item.

Ty for great info.I was in wave and didn't know that it was one.(lol)Will go again.:ahh:

No, I am sitting in my VTOL around the area with my window minimized while the timer runs (in the passenger seat so I don't consume fuel and don't get hit by mobs :p) and I also used it once to get away from the area before logging out since I couldn't solo the higher waves by myself.

Apparently some people really hate it if you use ingame feature to escape death. Maybe I should add it as a tip above: Do not display or use your vehicles while participating in this event...

It has been confirmed by SDS that repeatedly using a vehicle to deaggro an attacking mob as a hunting tactic is an exploit. That is not the same as jumping in your vtol and running away like a scared little newbie ;)

Great thread mrp, thx for the info :)

It would be nice if we could get a confirmation from SDS that the Shinkiba wave near Twin Peaks actually does have an ending at some point, or if it is bugged and endless.
Only one way to find out ;)

And in any case, it is very difficult to kill 100 shinkibas with just a few people and then loot them in 20 seconds between rounds.

Sorry to hear that, the wave banner should stick around until the event ends, even if you go outside the area. You could try to go inside the area where you are getting the banners from, and wait for the event to naturally end (like hiding inside, waiting dead on the floor), and you get the announcement for the next event. If that doesn't fix it, ask support to fix it.

Not completely random, higher damage done to the mob equals higher chance of getting the item.
While it is true the loot is proportional to your expenses, there might be cases where everyone gets a few oils and wools and you get a big 30 ped S50(L).

Warning: Using splash damage like grenade/rocket launchers and mindforce stirke chips will attract serious mob aggro. The mobs will stay on you for minutes, so you either kill them or wait for someone else to attract massive aggro with their splash damage. This is a problem at the Twin Peaks event as there are tens of mobs, your HP is dropping by 1.0 for every mob hit.

Last edited:
I just did the one near PA...The biggest maturity i saw was old alpha.

No good items dropped, that is unless u count colonizer thigh guards ;)

I just did the one near PA...The biggest maturity i saw was old alpha.

No good items dropped, that is unless u count colonizer thigh guards ;)
Depends, are you a new player that has yet to purchase his first armor parts? :)

mrproper,
plus reputation for starting this thread. My soc friends found (first W of Twin) event area, that's why we are goin' to use your information. Thanks a lot :)

plus reputation to Chopper as well, for the good info too :)

Last edited:
Back