Question: NEVERDIE and his influence in people trust and game

Anyone with a half a Brain knew that mini-worlds like this would be made.
Both cnd and cp have been successful on Calypso. Treasure Island and Medusa's head, plus all the land areas for which I do not know the history of.

Hindsight is a wonderful tool, plenty of smart players bought those domes, and plenty of smart players wanted to buy one. While there was maybe a 1% chance Neverdie may pull this stunt, I bet most people thought MindArk would never have the nerve to treat big investors so badly.

Calypso is not owned by Neverdie, no. :)

Regarding the old Calypso mobs appearing on Rocktropia, there's a simple explanation for that. When FPC and MindArk split there was a dividing of assets, including mobs and item designs. The mobs and items that went to MindArk was put in a Shared Folder which all Planet Partners can use from. Kind of a Planet Partner Starter Kit, of sorts.

This is also one of the reasons for the Shinkiba. We wanted to make a version which was entirely our own (and more kick-ass.)

MindArk isn't necessarily behind the spawn size, no. Planet Partners can also script spawns, how many and where its placed. As for the mining fields, I don't have any insight to that. :/

Also, if we feel any other Planet Partners are somehow disrupting our Planet, make note that would be something we'd deal with internally, not on a community forum. We're taking it seriously though, and the feedback which you provide here will be made use of.

Thank you for the information Hanne, and I hope you're feeling better. :)

As a side-note ...

I can fully understand why certain discussions between a planet partner and MA would take place in private and such not being made available on a public forum. My question would be ... is the 20-dome construct a "system" of the MA platform, and therefore available to all planet partners? ... or ... just to ND since he purchased the original asteroid?

Thing is ... the 20 domes were a part of an entire asteroid, so again ... did MA create the dome construct as an independent system, or is HELL actually a cut and paste of the asteroid with a facelift?

I'm all for competition, and have no issue if such a system has been made available to all planet partners to design in a way that fits their planets, but ... what I do take issue with is how all of this was done. Meaning ... the selling of the original CND asteroid while a similar environment was (seemingly) under construction on another planet by the seller, and as one or more people indicated, it takes time to build something like CND, and now the Gates of Hell.

ROCKtropia was only a year old on April 6th, so it would seem reasonable that this new environment was underway during the selling of the original CND, which began on May 17, 2010 (prior to ROCKtropia launching), but we really don't know, and ... if it was, I'm not so sure that as much money would have exchanged hands if the perspective buyers of domes and the rest of the asteroid knew of this.

The original CND (asteroid) development was one of a kind and unique, as well as a very integral part of Calypso ... the same goes for the Crystal Palace. I realize these were MA's designs, but are they now not going to be unique and offered as available "systems" within the platform? If so, then the question becomes, what kind of potential impact will it have on the original Calypso environment/economy if any?

I'm really not sure what to make of all of this, but based on how others have reacted (good and bad), I'll let it all marinate for a while and see where it goes. I'm hoping that eventually, MA will address this stuff so we can get away from these types of discussions. There has to be fair practices when it comes to a real cash economy, and if unique environments are later going to become a cut 'n' paste option on the platform, it may present an issue with future investments.

We're taking it seriously though, and the feedback which you provide here will be made use of.

Oh just as serious as SDS takes all the other trouble and SDS made programs then ?:scratch2:

Mostly incomprehensible ramblings
Congratulations, you managed to write the most offensive forum post I've read this month.
Even if it had some sort of target in mind, I can honestly say that with such uplifting statements as "Anyone with a half a Brain knew that mini-worlds like this would be made.", you probably offended more people than RT houses as a whole.

Hindsight is a wonderful tool, plenty of smart players bought those domes, and plenty of smart players wanted to buy one. While there was maybe a 1% chance Neverdie may pull this stunt, I bet most people thought MindArk would never have the nerve to treat big investors so badly.
Hindsight is good, but this isnt the only thing that people could have had the foresight to see if they weren't blinded by their own Utopic desires. For example, It has become clear that the concept of "universal items" and "universal mobs" became the reality regardless of how people screamed that it could never be.

Another example of someone who had foresight:
Of course I didn´t know about hell coming up when I bought the dome..
But of course I was aware that something like this could happen.
I am still not convinced that all FOMAplayers will relocate to Hell...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...t-please-read-if-you-are-new-gt-gt&highlight=

Yes, its worth remembering (for those not around at the time or those who have forgotten) - about the above.

A lot of my beliefs about the system come from studying the work of those he inspired there. Which is why I have put my trust in his understanding up untill now.

Until a few months ago I thought that you were an intelligent person who had studied the game. The only way you could not have foreseen this is if you had not WANTED to. It is often that our own desires blind us from the obvious.

Dear sir. How easy or how hard was or is for me, is none of your business. Again, it is none of your business how much money - a little or a lot - I have or am depositing in this game.
When you make statements about depositing like you did, then it is my business to point out that you are talking out the wrong end of your torso.

I can assure you that I have helped EU community a lot more than you have with your BS posts and crafting crap on RT forum. Saying that I had my skills easy or that I am a leach on the system shows how ignorant you really are.
I gave you credit above.
(I never said it was easy)
I have never claimed to be the answer, I am only showing that your attitude is part of the current problem. My skills and knowledge of the game are limited, but instead of working to destroy it, I am eager to see what it has to bring us all in the future.
As for crafting, I had to chip in to craft the dragon armor plates I looted which shows how low a lvl player I really am.
I will never achieve the accomplishments you have, and yet I enjoy the game on a daily basis while paying my monthly deposits.
Maybe you will loose your bitterness and relearn how to enjoy the game as well :)

Fact!
A lot of this is related to how things are handled.
We can not control what is or has been. But you can control how YOU handle the current situation, and YOU are only making things worse. Worse for yourself, and worse for the Universe as a whole.

Fact!
2 years ago, I was one of the most helpful people in game. Not anymore. Can you guess why?
Because you feel that the hard work you have done in the past entitles you to a "retirement" in entropia where you no longer need to work for the goals you have previously achieved.
Again I would like to point out that this is a game about Entropy, not a game about what anyone has acomplished in the past.

FACT!
NEVERDIE knew he will make an addition to Rocktropia identical with old CND.
FACT!
He never said this in public. No information was released to the public, and only him, as a owner used this in his advantage.

No matter how much you want to believe those things or how likely they might be those are not FACTS, just your opinion. No one knows if ND already had the idea of hell when he sold CND.

If you had been to Rocktropia the past year and seen all the changes and remakes that City of Dreams has experienced you will see that making Hell is not something that would take more than a couple of months. It is one server with 20 small closed domes (you can't even see the sky) and one big room for central hub. It probably took a lot longer to make medusa's head.

Again I would like to point out that this is a game about Entropy, not a game about what anyone has acomplished in the past.
Entropy and Decay are pretty much the same thing. Copy/Paste is not about entropy. It's about creating a copy of something, or re-creating something that already exists. It appears that Hell is a copy/paste of the original CND.

What keeps NDS from copy/pasting a ped to make it turn in to 3 million peds? That's the whole problem with virtual reality and this entire black box that exists as the loot pool... Maybe it's time the balancing manager steps in to rebalance things in a much better way then has been done in the past?...

Blah Blah Blah, play and enjoy the game you will live longer. I can see posting threads like this if you were one that bought one of the 20 FOMA domes. If everyone feels ND is doing wrong quite and find a new game take your money elsewhere. It would be the only course of action that would wake up MA and planet partners to actually do something about it. Personally I play for fun who cares about ND and his bugged planets. This game is about personal progression for me not what everyone else is doing.

No matter how much you want to believe those things or how likely they might be those are not FACTS, just your opinion. No one knows if ND already had the idea of hell when he sold CND.

If you had been to Rocktropia the past year and seen all the changes and remakes that City of Dreams has experienced you will see that making Hell is not something that would take more than a couple of months. It is one server with 20 small closed domes (you can't even see the sky) and one big room for central hub. It probably took a lot longer to make medusa's head.

Takes more than a few months to build HELL ;)

It's ND's planet and he can cry if he wants too.....lol. He will kill EU for some and appeal to others. Although I don't pay a lot of attention these days what I have seen is a lot of desperate measures rather than creative development IMHO.

Please don't quote me out of context.
The statement you quoted had to do with BlackHawks recent history of disillusionment and nothing to do with Hell.

narfi

With ND being a business man, and let's admit it, a good one at that. I'd have to believe he had a plan and a timeline for all of this. But as you point out this is just my opinion.

Cheers, Hotei.

Thing is ... the 20 domes were a part of an entire asteroid, so again ... did MA create the dome construct as an independent system, or is HELL actually a cut and paste of the asteroid with a facelift?

I'm all for competition, and have no issue if such a system has been made available to all planet partners to design in a way that fits their planets, but ... what I do take issue with is how all of this was done. Meaning ... the selling of the original CND asteroid while a similar environment was (seemingly) under construction on another planet by the seller, and as one or more people indicated, it takes time to build something like CND, and now the Gates of Hell.

MA are probably allowing each pp to equalise their in game assets, i.e. each one will have the same number of LA and in this case the same number of domes.

Arkadia will probably get the same deal.

We know that they'll likely have more hangers available on the market (likely to be 138) soon so are we going to get the same thing happening again when they're released? There's nothing in the eula that states MA will act to keep the mv of an item higher than it's tt.

We'll see more apartments, shops and LA's being sold over the next few months so that no planet is seen to be more equal than the others and they're all under the same restrictions so they can't create another 20 after these are sold i.e. SDS can't make FOMA2, FOMA3 and nor can ND or Arkadia after they create theirs.

I agree with Sirhc but it's getting to when I see ND or Neverdie or RT in the title of a thread on here and it's no point in reading it because it just turns into a slanging match.

Part of the reason FPC was split off from MA was to provide some distance and prove that MA wouldn't favour them above the other planets. All they've allowed is another PP to have the same assets as one launched years before them or is that somehow wrong?

I'm not a fan of ND or how he promotes EU but even I'm getting tired of this crap.

Last edited:
Looking forward when the new pp´s do a copy paste of the "good stuff" from rocktropia/next island. The drama will be interesting in itself since he will then probably claim copyright on some of his ideas. I get the feeling that the brains in MA´s office have 6 months vaccation per year. So much not so unforseen crap slips trough.

Hands out popcorn.

It's ND's planet and he can cry if he wants too.....lol. He will kill EU for some and appeal to others.

Indeed :)

I am glad that I am not one of the people that has invested a large amount of money into this game to buy something (LA's, equipment etc), as they can be just copy/pasted seemingly at will.

I shall keep pootering about doing what I do, affirmed in the knowledge now that any thoughts of depositing a large amount to buy some "good" kit etc is what is thought it was.

I always thought it was bonkers that people would pay thousands of IRL$ for something in a computer game. Entertainment in dribs and drabs over time - yes.
But spending that much on any one item in one hit, depositing thousands for it?
Bonkers (apart from a few that did this before MA got their long game plan organised, and those that knew what was going to happen and benefited from this knowledge).
As more and more planets pop up there will be more and more bits of land, more nice gins, armour etc etc, more copy/paste.

Unless these new planets can bring in commensurate numbers of users, then anything that people paid big money for will be drastically devalued.

pooter pooter - I may be able to afford the gun I always wanted soon :)

Dear mister narfi and mister malasuerte. You try too hard to make me quote specific crap you post, but I will not do that. Is not worth the trouble.

Again, about my deposits, I could have a statement. The fact that I took out a fair amount, is another thing. But I did deposited over 30k euro in this game. So I do care about how things keep or lose value.

If you think that when you see the things that happen and keep silence will help the game more, you are wrong. It would only prove you can it the shit and enjoy it. You are free to do it for a shop deed and a nice word from NEVERDIE. Someone pointed out that there are some people on this forum that will always behave like this. Wait for ND to piss on their head and call it rain. With me is not the case. If you can do it, good for you. You probably get rewarded. Again. Good for you.

However. I think I still have the reputation of a person who says things as they are. I don't take shit as gold, like you imply I should do. If it stinks, I will complain about it.

I do think EU has a great potential. And I am afraid that ND actions hurt this potential. He hurts the game with its shady job. Having people hunting for himself. People payed to do stuff the way he asks them to do. People payed to post things on forum, like you do. That makes me sick. Note, that I do not say that he payed you to post what you did. I just say that you post like you are payed. Big difference.

In this game there are many people that invested a lot. They did it on the asumption that things are fair.

I post all that I do because I do not feel the fairness anymore. There are too many instances where it is not clear anymore if it is or it is not fair. And no. ND giving his word and swear to die is not it. I don't give a shit about his word. His reputation is null and void to me. And I really don't care about him.

He can implement whatever he wants. He can do whatever he wants. As long as his decisions do not influence the market value of MY items. Of my friends items. I will not even ever go on RT. I am in hell now because is tax free and loot engine is supposed to be the same everywhere. But after that, I will never go there again.

I would avoid going on RT. But from what I hear, if you want a proper mining field, you have to go there. The way it is designed, is just unfair compared to what we have on Calypso.

Hanne said the spawn is made by the planet. If it is so, why don't Calypso makes GOOD CLEAN spawns of all mobs? Unless is on a land?

Why there are not released NEW mobs with stats comparable to what is on RT? Why is it even possible for RT to have mobs with huge stats and so many of them with such a low player base?

Those things seem wrong to me. And I will point it out as long as I have the chance.

And you saying I planed a early retirement and not doing anything anymore because I don;t know how you see that you think that I think and whatever you seem to dream.... wtf are you thinking? This is insulting and you have no clue what I think or hope or want. Have you ever seen me investing in passive assets EVER until now??? Are you on drugs?

Narfi what happened to you? Did one uber change you that much? People complain for a reason. We`ve been there and back again. And this latest thing with Hell is nothing but a decay fest for ND`s profit it looks like. And until you walk a mile in another players shoes I don`t think there is much you can say about how their feet smell.

You know we`ve been friends for a while. But I`ve seen you changing on the forums and it just seems like the better you`ve done the more rabidly you try to protect those who enabled it. In fact that is also disillusionment. I hope your hard work makes that PED last. Because the game is just waiting to take it all back from you otherwise.

Good does not exist without evil. Rich without poor. Positive without negative.

I guess what we're seeing is how the future competition between planetpartners will work...

This game lives through markup and it's obvious that the potential of creating/dropping whatever a planetpartner want hurts the economy in this game. It crashes the trust for investors and I get the same feeling about it as the duped mod faps long ago. I'm happy that MA corrected the dupe issue but now they allow a person to do something similar "legally"?

Come on... For things to work, with all these upcomming planet partners, MA have to get a grip and control things!! At least: Publish a rulebook about whats allowed and whats not with this whole planetpartner-circus and remember that the end customer is the player, not the planetpartner!!!

And yeah, all agreed with BlackHawk..

Also, the fact that they have on RockTropia spawns of mobs that are on Calypso since always and the spawns on malcruentor, itumatrox and lots of other mobs, are much better on RT than they ever were on Calypso.

Ridiculous.

I thought the idea of new planets was that they were each different games. Now it looks even more like they are just expansion packs built using a level designer (cf. the way Medusa and Atlantis archipelago look like they're two filled in squares on the map that were previously empty ... ugh). I'm not going to whine too much about it, I've said I don't like the whole Planet Partner idea much already and this is just extra icing on the cake. I'm enjoying Calypso at the moment and I'll carry on trying to pretend the other planets don't exist. But what bugs me is that I like EU, and I'd like to see it get bigger sure but also better. If the 'universe' had been developed with new planets slowly in a coherent single game format it could have been so much better. But uh, I give up...

hmm just got banned from RT forum for my complaints about the Copy+Paste hell without anything new CND couldn't offer before... ohh well the trust in NDS ever getting things right just decreased again... :rolleyes:
I think if they don't get the promised new items to drop by tomorrow I'll just leave RT. Pretty pointless to be there atm to be fair. Nothing you couldn't have on Calypso apart from a few changed models and not even creative ones at that.

at the end of the day, the "new planets" with the same ideas, same mobs, same loots are killing EU. the planets are supposed to be bring in new blood but all they are doing is creating bad blood amongst the existing player base.

at the end of the day, the "new planets" with the same ideas, same mobs, same loots are killing EU. the planets are supposed to be bring in new blood but all they are doing is creating bad blood amongst the existing player base.

yes that's how I think about it too. Fortunately there is still hope in the form of Arkadia which promises to be a really different planet where we also got the confirmation that we will not see the "generic" mobs. IF that should fail too and Cyrene aswell as a last resort then I will just leave the sinking ship. I don't expect that to happen though. :wtg:

It was stated by someone from SDS that there are limits on landmass, LA's, etc., that are related to population. As a planet grows it can add more server areas and sell more LA's. As for the content of those server areas - it does seem fair that when a planet is permitted to add a server area, it can choose to do so in the same manner, technically, as Calypso has.

The use of shared resources on new planets seems cheap and uncreative - I think SDS is correct to make unique replacements for them. I do really wish that none of Calypso's mobs had been shared, and that planet partners were forced to start from scratch - but that is not what happened.

We have known about other shared resources already (i.e. all vehicles except Pitbull) - but the extension of this to mobs is an unwelcome one. Thinking about it dispassionately, I can see why MA wanted the Planet Partner Package to include a basic set of items and resources - but as a Calypso player, I don't like seeing much of our history suddenly shared.

The biggest problem is that this has all been done with little or no transparency, and until it is explained by MA, we are all left to wander in the dark. This is the real source of trouble, as we are operating on a mix of tidbits from PP's and alot of pure speculation - a recipe for mistrust.

MA needs to explain, or at least clearly outline, the basic rights and limitations of all Planet Partners. The more we know, the more we can trust. Right now we know almost nothing, and what little we do know has only come out in dribs and drabs so that even the well read among us haven't seen it all.

:beerchug:

Miles

In the face of a (real or perceived) corrupt and oppressive regime, some will become collaborators while some will join the resistance.

Each, in their own way, live by the maxim "adapt and prosper".

History will tell which had right on their side, but history is written by the victors.

There are a third group too - those who do what they can to get out.

I used to have faith in MA and in the future of EU. That faith has been chipped away a piece at a time, and I fear there may be none left. I see no vision. I only see people making it up as they go along without any apparent thought for the long-term consequences of their actions.

PS Narfi, given what you have said in this thread, I truly hope you won't be complaining about your failed investments if and when NDS go bust and/or Rocktropia dies.

hmm just got banned from RT forum for my complaints about the Copy+Paste hell without anything new CND couldn't offer before... ohh well the trust in NDS ever getting things right just decreased again... :rolleyes:
I think if they don't get the promised new items to drop by tomorrow I'll just leave RT. Pretty pointless to be there atm to be fair. Nothing you couldn't have on Calypso apart from a few changed models and not even creative ones at that.

Banned for voicing your concerns? Lets face it, I dont think anyone got banned from EF or PCF for complaining. It would be a very empty forum if all of us who have complained over the years over one thing or another were banned.

I presume you mean perm banned btw, not just the week holiday you get here for going a bit overboard.

Complaining can be good, it got squall his amp back, got armor equip decay halved and various others over the years.

Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent to the main subject.

I presume you mean perm banned btw, not just the week holiday you get here for going a bit overboard.

If I read the message right it is the 1week ban... not that I plan to return after it... just clearing things up. :ahh:
However the message said that I have been banned so I used that word... I have never been banned from anything before so I ahve no clue what differences there are.

If I read the message right it is the 1week ban... not that I plan to return after it... just clearing things up. :ahh:
However the message said that I have been banned so I used that word... I have never been banned from anything before so I ahve no clue what differences there are.

Ok, well thanks for clarifying, I dont go on that forum so cant see both sides of the story. I'm sure you just voiced your concerns though. :)

BlackHawk

As a developer let me just say to you that almost ALL of your assumptions a factually incorrect and the rest are are just too stupid to make any comment on.

The one thing that you might be correct on is diversity always brings down the value of "the only game in town" and you were just too stupid to sell...deposited 30k euro whaaaahhhhh. Trust me, being the loudest doesn't make you correct it just makes you the loudest idiot.

#LOSING

As a developer let me just say to you that almost ALL of your assumptions a factually incorrect and the rest are are just too stupid to make any comment on.

The one thing that you might be correct on is diversity always brings down the value of "the only game in town" and you were just too stupid to sell...deposited 30k euro whaaaahhhhh. Trust me, being the loudest doesn't make you correct it just makes you the loudest idiot.

#LOSING

Interesting first post pigBodine, cough, neverdie.

hmmmmm...Wrong.

Edit...but I will say that I do know him as well as people that work in LA, Mexico and Sweden. I have no side here...but when I read something that is so incorrect, ya know, you gotta speak out against such ignorance.

Back