Locked accounts

Status
Hm, correct my if i am wrong, but they said the bugged amps would not decay so this guys would get the resources at like 10% of their cost for someone using the system legit.
So they would clearly drain the loot pool..

this is even worse :) people thought they atleast got 20 peds decay per bomb :) with just 1 ped cost per bomb... real easy to profit with big ass hofs every few mins :)

dont know if this is the case... but yea... that is crazy shit

Did a legitimate oa109 amp exist in game before all of this?

I'm not a miner but i think not we only had unlimited oa101 and maybe oa104 or something... So when and if some avatar converted an oa109(L) into unlimited would it not come under new discovery?

Seems amazing this bug existed in first place because in early days of game people made duplicates. I'm surprised MA didn't pick up on the bug...

Without decay on the biggest cost part ( Amp ) AND saved MU you could profit even on ores which you TT

That doesn`t make sense. Who pays for the tt then? Also most have shown loot comes of out player`s own turnover and again makes no sense.

Perhaps they`ve found a way to repair the L amps thus saving some markup but would still be far from profiting. Yes, they might have gotten lots of cheap skills though....that I have to agree with.

I'm not a miner but i think not we only had unlimited oa101 and maybe oa104 or something... So when and if some avatar converted an oa109(L) into unlimited would it not come under new discovery?

Seems amazing this bug existed in first place because in early days of game people made duplicates. I'm surprised MA didn't pick up on the bug...

highest is OA105 UL

this is even worse :) people thought they atleast got 20 peds decay per bomb :) with just 1 ped cost per bomb... real easy to profit with big ass hofs every few mins :)

dont know if this is the case... but yea... that is crazy shit

Not to mention the effect they would have had on MU. If this bug indeed existed, they probably would have tried to get rid of any resources they had for order prices.

That doesn`t make sense. Who pays for the tt then? Also most have shown loot comes of out player`s own turnover and again makes no sense.

Perhaps they`ve found a way to repair the L amps thus saving some markup but would still be far from profiting. Yes, they might have gotten lots of cheap skills though....that I have to agree with.

read ronys post

That would be something if the L to UL through dupe trick urban legend was true.

If I understood the story correctly the amps did not decay.

Ah so they were not making a new unlimited amp but somehow made the L amp not decay ....that would explain why no discovery.

just gauging plausibility of this astounding story....

Is it for real?

If this is true, (which we'll never know because MA will never say), then I have just one question.

Why didn't the pit boss and the eye in the sky catch this when it first started?

If this is true, then MA is not paying attention at all and EU is far from being a safe invesment. If it was going on for months or longer then it seems some player has to have reported this and then MA caught on to what was happening.

This would make sense when decay is registered in the system but not deducted from the item

Wait what? L amps turning in UL amps? amps not decaying? :duh:

WTF is going on? If any1 should get banned, no fired on the spot, it's those dumbasses over at MA for making this possible.

What an epic f-ing FAIL

You and anyone else who hunted or mined i guess!

Hopefully MA was sharp enough to not honor any withdrawals by these people or anyone who bought their peds at whatever discount they were giving. I am hoping MA made use of their long withdrawal time they impose to make sure of this. (I heard some rumors about peds being sold at 50%, which would have to make you really dumb...)

You and anyone else who hunted or mined i guess!

Exactly.

Now, dear whiners, imagine MA confirms that exploit, and states that those exploiters was banned. That means - we all robbed big time.

It would be an epic thread, from Saga "When Sh1t Hits the Fan"

If this is true, (which we'll never know because MA will never say), then I have just one question.

Why didn't the pit boss and the eye in the sky catch this when it first started?

If this is true, then MA is not paying attention at all and EU is far from being a safe invesment. If it was going on for months or longer then it seems some player has to have reported this and then MA caught on to what was happening.

Well IF it's true then it lasted around 7 month until MA reacted. And yes then it'S questionable how good MA's monitoring really is, questioning the whole security within Entropia

Ah so they were not making a new unlimited amp but somehow made the L amp not decay ....that would explain why no discovery.

just gauging plausibility of this astounding story....

Is it for real?

something definatly is real about it...
because there was not enough crafted 109 amps to sustain the amount of amps this society was burning through on an hourly basis... let alone a week... or a month...

the amps they were using were coming out of thin air :)

Well IF it's true then it lasted around 7 month until MA reacted. And yes then it'S questionable how good MA's monitoring really is, questioning the whole security within Entropia

that is why accounts are locked...and trades to be made right...

it will get worked out... unfortunatly people who bought cheap... peds will be shafted as well.. but they knew the risk when buying them

something definatly is real about it...
because there was not enough crafted 109 amps to sustain the amount of amps this society was burning through on an hourly basis... let alone a week... or a month...

the amps they were using were coming out of thin air :)

Basically you confirm the thoughts i had in my whole research chain.

Explanation why someone moves up from low level occasional player in ghost to Kimmi's Top skilled list and owning supremacy and other Endgame-gear in less than half year...

Basically you confirm the thoughts i had in my whole research chain.

Explanation why someone moves up from low level occasional player in ghost to Kimmi's Top skilled list and owning supremacy and other Endgame-gear in less than half year...

last recorded total skill was over 350k! amazing raise indeed...

No compassion from me if people get perm-banned from this (if accurate)

Everyone knows better...

No compassion from me if people get perm-banned from this (if accurate)

Everyone knows better...

I agree, kick their asses as hard as possible! :mad:

Another view of that can be give by starfinder if he can look the total value of global/hof in mining each month for the last 12 month and see the evolution.

With the data i grab myself it seem the total global/hof in mining during april is 3X more than other month ...

My data are not 100% accurate so i would prefer use the starfinder database but only him can do that :)

If as indicated by Vigi in post 62 that this bug was reported to MA some months back and MA did not act on it then surely the temptation would be to hard to resist for some people. I am not making excuses for their behaviour but surely MA must take a big slice of blame here.

Another view of that can be give by starfinder if he can look the total value of global/hof in mining each month for the last 12 month and see the evolution.

With the data i grab myself it seem the total global/hof in mining during april is 3X more than other month ...

My data are not 100% accurate so i would prefer use the starfinder database but only him can do that :)

Not so hard. 3 Persons of a specific soc had 9560 Globals/HOFS since ~mid2010 with a total value of ~2.4 Mil Ped. Lower than 50 PED loots not counted ofc Before around Oct all looked like normal player activity and after that it was more like permanent global spam

(if that´s true)

Gotta be one of the biggest scam&exploit since ever(except PE´s mod-etc-duplication and some others...), just shows again mindark is THE dubious company, why should someone invest nice amount money for real unlimited amps, if others just use some kind of bug and keep it up for months, unbelievable...

It's just the tip of the iceberg, i´m sure there are lotsa more bugs to be discovered that could make u possibly rich, go catch em all...!

:rofl:

If as indicated by Vigi in post 62 that this bug was reported to MA some months back and MA did not act on it then surely the temptation would be to hard to resist for some people. I am not making excuses for their behaviour but surely MA must take a big slice of blame here.

It was reported more than a year back. When we believe what was written

Sure you can blame MA, but that dosn't change the TOU/EULA clearly stating what is ok and whats not....
"Temptation" isent a excuse in any way shape or form.

Best regards
Zweshi

I think I stumbled on an amp exploit as well...Although I have no idea how i did it, I can hit amped and get a Tiny II.

No kiddin'.

Tippin'

Reactions: Lee
So do we have any names besides the two obvious candidates:confused:

Status
Back