Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    RJ Rob James
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by das View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All in cases of guilty..
    Now let's assume for a sec one is not guilty.. like MJ's gf ava might be
    think's it fun/motivational to get an email saying you are temp blocked for an ongoing investigation, not knowing what the issue is, or when it will be resolved.
    I've been ingame for almost 5 years now, over the time I've seen some big players (in assets) get temp bans without a reason & I can tell you from personal expierence.. innoccent ppl like these do make withdrawls after the issue gets solved.
    Or do you think it's fun to get a mail stating (my own words here)
    we are sorry but for now we locked you're 25 or 50k$ due to a reason we can not & wil not tell you.
    Keep in mind that this is a one way investigation, it's not like MA will ask you some questions or something.
    They will check whatever logs they have.
    Even if you can clean you're name with MA after several weeks, a part of the community will always remember you where temp locked, & this will affect you're ingame rep bigtime.
    So I still stand by my point, you can lock an account for FURTHER investigations, but only after you found something fishy & not just couse you suspect it.
    MA can lock who ever and when ever they want cos they control the EULA and what ever they say goes......

OF course the way they do it is TOTALLY disgusting, and people can get locked even when they are innocent, and MA never give any details which they should, but they might not always be able too give details.....

BUT they should give a small bit of info, so it can put players at ease, but they dont, like say for instance the innocent players who get temp ban, they could state in the email they send, We have locked your account for protection until this investigation has been done....

then the ones that are the questionable accounts, they could get a email like, we have temp banned your account for SUCH and SUCH a reason untill we have found out the truth blah blah blah...

i actually dont see an issue with it, in certain cases, truth is the truth, and better if MA is truthful than not and cause people to be unsure and speculate, it makes people scared of the game even more, and MA probly know this, and they dont care....

enough said now though......

LETS put this thread to bed lol
    Miner And Crafter

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    dasouth Genious dasouth
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    @ diver, re-read op pls, nothing about exploit, just a small statement that the account is locked due to an investigation.
    Word exploit doesn't drop there & it could be about pretty much everything, going from harrasment to epxloit to a bad trade.

& pls also re-read all my posts in this thread, I never said the accounts shouldn't be temp. locked.
    I said they should only be temp. locked for ongoing investigations IF they found anything out of the ordinary & not couse some ppl THINK they are cheating. Innnocent till proven guilty means anything?

Mono Chrome Monochrome
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaEla View Post
    this thread is bad for the game and for the locked and unlocked people...
    Ummm... this thread is bad for the game?

Honestly, the mere fact that this situation is taking so long to resolve is what is bad for the game.

no i do not think its fun/motivational getting such a message

i dont get it would you rather have MA do a sloppy investigation, miss out on half of people involved?

I have nothing against MJs gf, I just believe the investigation should be conducted properly and all potencialy conected exploiters get a thorough check

If you are innocent you have nothing to fear of

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post

Honestly, the mere fact that this situation is taking so long to resolve is what is bad for the game.

strongly agree

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    dasouth Genious dasouth
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Majstorex View Post
    no i do not think its fun/motivational getting such a message

i dont get it would you rather have MA do a sloppy investigation, miss out on half of people involved?

I have nothing against MJs gf, I just believe the investigation should be conducted properly and all potencialy conected exploiters get a thorough check

If you are innocent you have nothing to fear of
    Nope, MA should do a descent investigation BUT, as long as they haven't found anything, the ava shouldn't get a temp. lock.

about having nothing to fear of..
    It wouldn't be the 1st time that while an ava is locked for an ONGOING investigation, markups of some of the items (or stackables) that locked ava has crashes.. it makes you unable to react to any market change, wich can have huge consequences.
    Not to even mention ongoing events wich you'll need to pass on.
    For example some where doing the prison quest wich gave an 'estate' as price to the 1st 5 to complete, 70k grind & get locked after several days there... ask Dreicc, he was there, he got a mail afaik.
    Not like he seemed to be going for top5 but still these are all factors that makes innocent temp locked ava's loose trust.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Shiro "Jakal" Kitsune
    Society
    Rekkies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post

Depends on your perception of the situation. I would rather they do a decent job investigating whatever this was and make the right decisions on who to ban and who not to ban.
    Entropia Navigation Unit
    Calculates the most direct route between 2 points for any vehicle that uses a compass divided into Degrees.
    Selling Stuff

http://entropiatracker.com/player.as...layerID=178206

guess pvp4 is safer
    http://entropiatracker.com/player.as...PlayerID=12726

by posting this it does not mean i think he is guilty...

it is no secert either...
    https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...=1#post2745186

so is it worth gathering a list of people locked?
    just to see the various involvements they had in the community and what their professions were in game?
    i mean they are all pretty open about the locking throughout threads...

how about a list of locked... and recently unlocked players? is this against the rules... if they are open about it in threads?
    Last edited by Joker; 05-23-2011 at 20:14.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    travis nomad Barnes
    Society
    Wildd3amons
    @ diver, re-read op pls, nothing about exploit, just a small statement that the account is locked due to an investigation.
    Word exploit doesn't drop there & it could be about pretty much everything, going from harrasment to epxloit to a bad trade.
    sorry confused it with the " mary jane blocked again " op which is from may 6th which says "Your Entropia Universe account has been locked due to an ongoing internal exploit investigation"

Elite
    Beautiful SerraAngel Angel
    Society
    NBK
    Images
    About the vtol exploit..
    Yes, he did it
    Yes, he got caught
    Yes, he got punished
    a temp ban, hardly a punishment in my opinion. If MA had some balls, MJ would have been a gonner ... Hopefully this time, they will show no mercy to anyone who exploited (if anyone did).

I can only repeat myself here... This is not WOW, this is a RCE, I myself have invested a lot and many others a lot more ...

I would like to see MA doing everything possible to protect those investment. All they are doing with unbanning MJ is telling the community ... Hey, exploit, no problem ...

This time they should re-establish trust by showing no mercy.

Angel

Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast