Life expectancy of Entropia Universe

What do you think is the life expectancy of Entropia Universe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The sale of their castle is a very bad sign imo. Or why would they buy a castle renovate it a bit and sell it shortly afterwards?

Well MA is as far as I know no estate agency. Besides that the aquiration of the banking licence failed because of the lack of funds...I don't think EU will die, but the golden days are over i suppose.

Yeah, because none of those could possibly have had anything to do with the global economical crisis? :laugh:

Yeah, because none of those could possibly have had anything to do with the global economical crisis? :laugh:

Lies! All of it. We have no globe! The earth is flat, and one day we will all fall off the edge of it!

Lies! All of it. We have no globe! The earth is flat, and one day we will all fall off the edge of it!

No proplem about the erath edges... I have seen them, and didn#t see a hell below the edges, so it's all a conspiracy by the churches to make us more friendly.

Oh noez! Magyar has started a troll fest :smoke: If the Earth is flat, and we fall, I'll become my avatar and hide in your castle and troll the Chateu Liberte for evah.:cool:

Just a little comment. I am happy to see some positivism in this forum, and I am happy to see how many people have voted and also replied, no matter what you have said or about what, I'm grateful to all of you who shared your thoughts and happy that this thread exceeded my expectations. Keep the discussion rolling :wtg:

Oh noez! Magyar has started a troll fest

Hehehehehehehhee

troll.gif

U know there´s another game, striving for final-version(and most, most possibly RCE), what´ll happen if it´s any good...?

Who gives two f.cks about graphics and that other new stuff, most ppl I know ingame would switch to old entropia anytime, without a doubt, but it´s not gonna happen.

I´m glad I chipped out and sold everything, even the alpha-state of "other game" now is better than EU, because it reminds me of old, unique game, called PE.

Dunno how some still think entropia´s lasting forever, without real advertising by MA or planet-partner, my estimated life exp. for EU: 1-3 years, shrinking every second, hf.

U know there´s another game, striving for final-version(and most, most possibly RCE), what´ll happen if it´s any good...?

Who gives two f.cks about graphics and that other new stuff, most ppl I know ingame would switch to old entropia anytime, without a doubt, but it´s not gonna happen.

I´m glad I chipped out and sold everything, even the alpha-state of "other game" now is better than EU, because it reminds me of old, unique game, called PE.

Dunno how some still think entropia´s lasting forever, without real advertising by MA or planet-partner, my estimated life exp. for EU: 1-3 years, shrinking every second, hf.

Care to say the name of such game?

Edit: Ok, you didn't say the name. I wonder why. I was looking forward Afterworld (which has a real trade market, so im guessing you were referring to this game), but it failed to surpass EU (for now anyways) and most people say it's super boring. I tried to find something about this, but nothing. The thing with EU is that if MA starts going the right way, the ability of companies becoming PP and making their own themed planets, sometimes with different gameplay and added mechanics gives a future hope. Besides, there's a continuous influx of new players, sure it ain't big, but there's always new players coming in.

Anyways, you chip out, you quit. Cool, if that is true, then why are you here crying? To people like you I usually only say this: Get the hell out of here and get over it, period.

P.S: BY THE WAY!!!! I do care about graphics, not to the point of exchanging lots of fun for it, but a game without inspiring graphics I cannot enjoy it. Some of us find good graphics important. :)

Last edited:
Something I keep seeing people mention here is the lack of advetising by MA / PPs.

As it stands now it's not MAs problem to advertise anymore. They are doing what they're supposed to, developing the platform and signing on PPs.

As for PPs not advertising... do we really even have any yet? lol. We have RT... and tbh I wouldn't advertise that if it was mine. And we have NI, haven't been there in a bit but when I was it was hardly ready for the masses.

I'm not sure why SDS isn't advertising, possibly waiting for a few things to happen first? (Old systems back?)

The next planet up, Arkadia, has plans made for an ad campaign and I'm sure we'll see the same form future PPs as well.

To sum it up, advertising WILL BE HAPPENING, a lack thereof will not be what kills this game if anything does. These new PPs will want to make there money and I'm sure they realize they can't all do it from the existing player base.

Something I keep seeing people mention here is the lack of advetising by MA / PPs.

As it stands now it's not MAs problem to advertise anymore. They are doing what they're supposed to, developing the platform and signing on PPs.

As for PPs not advertising... do we really even have any yet? lol. We have RT... and tbh I wouldn't advertise that if it was mine. And we have NI, haven't been there in a bit but when I was it was hardly ready for the masses.

I'm not sure why SDS isn't advertising, possibly waiting for a few things to happen first? (Old systems back?)

The next planet up, Arkadia, has plans made for an ad campaign and I'm sure we'll see the same form future PPs as well.

To sum it up, advertising WILL BE HAPPENING, a lack thereof will not be what kills this game if anything does. These new PPs will want to make there money and I'm sure they realize they can't all do it from the existing player base.

I hadn't looked at it that way, but I consider that a very good point. I have high hopes for Arkadia, and why not also for Planet Michael with its new system. But my guess is that once a PP starts advertising and gaining popularity and playerbase, other PPs will be forced to step it up or the planet would fall. Just my 2 cents.

They HAVE been advertising... had a few banners up on different sites earlier sometime

They HAVE been advertising... had a few banners up on different sites earlier sometime

Huh.. wasn't aware of that, I must've missed them.

Cool beans :wtg:

Even with gross miss management im sure they could last 3 years on just the 6 mill sale of calypso. So they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

I don't have any doubt about their viability for the next 5 years at least.

Im not happy with the pace MA is keeping with game development. And im not happy with the online planet partners so far. But i have hope for some of the planets in the works, only time will tell on those. At least MA has a singular focus now, and thats platform development/support They dont have to dedicate any resources to planet development. MA says they hired more programmers; so hopefully the pace of development will pick up, but im not holding my breath.

Planet calypso development is another annoyance. SEE has had it for what 5 months now....and what have they come out with so far. Couple creature reskins, half dozen or so mission, and plopping down a few fort and hanger models. That shouldn't have taken more then a month, what have they been doing with the other 4?

Even with gross miss management im sure they could last 3 years on just the 6 mill sale of calypso. So they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

I don't have any doubt about their viability for the next 5 years at least.

Im not happy with the pace MA is keeping with game development. And im not happy with the online planet partners so far. But i have hope for some of the planets in the works, only time will tell on those. At least MA has a singular focus now, and thats platform development/support They dont have to dedicate any resources to planet development. MA says they hired more programmers; so hopefully the pace of development will pick up, but im not holding my breath.

Planet calypso development is another annoyance. SEE has had it for what 5 months now....and what have they come out with so far. Couple creature reskins, half dozen or so mission, and plopping down a few fort and hanger models. That shouldn't have taken more then a month, what have they been doing with the other 4?

Yup.

What have they been doing the other 4 months? Well here goes a too optimistic thought, maybe waaaay too optimistic...alright, no laughs :ahh: ....they r reimplementing beacons and taming and making them better!
:lolup:

Yup.

What have they been doing the other 4 months? Well here goes a too optimistic thought, maybe waaaay too optimistic...alright, no laughs :ahh: ....they r reimplementing beacons and taming and making them better!
:lolup:

Taming and beacons are both MA systems. SDS has nothing to do with the development of those.

Maybe they have several other designs/redesigns on the way but simply not implemented yet? :dunno:

Taming and beacons are both MA systems. SDS has nothing to do with the development of those.

Maybe they have several other designs/redesigns on the way but simply not implemented yet? :dunno:

Ahhh true. Forgot that PPs request systems to be implemented to MA since they are the platform developer. Wow, Epic fail.:eyecrazy:

I voted: I don't see EU dying anywhere soon if EVER!

Because this threads: Sky is falling, MA goes bankrupt, EU can´t survive, have been around when I started with my EU career.
That was years ago, and EU is still around.

Personally I reduced my gaming time in EU, took the one or other break (some month), but always come back.

I enjoy EU although it is very expencive compared to other MMOs.

Anyway I would wish that EU becomes a little bit more affordable for everyone.
A bigger playerbase surely would be better for all (Participants, MA and Planet Partners).

I miss the world we had back before August 2009. Sure, Entropia needed a few tweaks, but Calypso was absolutely magical. I owned a Bilton Towers Apartment (#2 - 7A). The graphics were very good as well, maybe not CryEngine quality, but still good. I log in now from time to time, but IMHO it's simply not as good as it used to be.

The best way to advertise would be to encourage Players to do it for them. Give everyone a referral number/referral link, and pay them based on referrals. Give "in game only ped"( cant be cashed out or used on another planet) or free items with xx amount of active referrals etc. The best advertisment this game could have is the players, so why not encourage them to advertise. Obviously it needs to be planet specific, so that Calypso is not paying for NI players, but from what I understand the Planet you are "born" on is the planet that benefits consistantly, due to the division of funds ( 10%, 40%, 50% ). The players benefit, the planet partner benefits, and EU as a whole benefits.

Just an Idea.

For my part the veterans don't do themselves any favors either by treating new players poorly or suggesting they have to tow any sort of party line. I'm not saying Kimmi did such a thing. But mocking a player for being new and not knowing who is who is a little over the top, in my book.

We, the VU10+ players, outnumber the veterans. And we always will. Its a simple fact of life in EU that more people leave than stay. New players aren't the only ones who leave the scene. Veterans do too. Their pool is shrinking.

IMHO they can either choose to play with us, or watch as we develop ourselves and move on without them.

One way will ensure that older players stay relevant in the community. The other will ensure they retire from it.

:lolup:LMAO .... what a piece of non sense BS.... if they left they wont be Veterans would they lmao.

... you guys have much to learn. This game that you guys are playing now is because the Veterans stuck it out and made it better.

So you are saying you are going to stick around?... what would that make you then after a few years??... and what would you think if a new player said the exact comment you said back to you ...IDIOT!

BTW... you are saying as if Veterans are a group of people.... Everyone joins as a Noob and everyone has the potential to become a Veteran.

:lolup:LMAO .... what a piece of non sense BS.... if they left they wont be Veterans would they lmao.

... you guys have much to learn. This game that you guys are playing now is because the Veterans stuck it out and made it better.

So you are saying you are going to stick around?... what would that make you then after a few years??... and what would you think if a new player said the exact comment you said back to you ...IDIOT!

BTW... you are saying as if Veterans are a group of people.... Everyone joins as a Noob and everyone has the potential to become a Veteran.

If they leave they are still veterans they just quit, and there are lots of those that still lurk forums. Also, according to the comments I mostly hear, EU has become worse in terms of gameplay after the VU 10 update, please explain how on earth did veteran people make the game better? Perhaps you meant they kept it afloat? And yes, some veterans mock newbie players whenever they ask questions, or just for that simple fact they feel superior. --->these give a bad image for veteran players, because I have met plenty of nice veteran players.

Calling his argument full of BS just demonstrates your lack of understanding. You asking me to look up Kimmi's avatar was...a bit ridiculous. The fact that some people played years ago and know the history means nothing to a newbie, we live the present, and we look up to veteran players for help, not to be mocked or taught history about how PE was so awesome. In fact, most of the things we say (such as things that most people didn't like about the VU 10+) come from the players themselves. :scratch2:

Last edited:
If they leave they are still veterans they just quit, and there are lots of those that still lurk forums. Also, according to the comments I mostly hear, EU has become worse in terms of gameplay after the VU 10 update, please explain how on earth did veteran people make the game better? Perhaps you meant they kept it afloat? And yes, some veterans mock newbie players whenever they ask questions, or just for that simple fact they feel superior. --->these give a bad image for veteran players, because I have met plenty of nice veteran players.

Calling his argument full of BS just demonstrates your lack of understanding. You asking me to look up Kimmi's avatar was...a bit ridiculous. The fact that some people played years ago and know the history means nothing to a newbie, we live the present, and we look up to veteran players for help, not to be mocked or taught history about how PE was so awesome. In fact, most of the things we say (such as things that most people didn't like about the VU 10+) come from the players themselves. :scratch2:

Whatever makes you happy dude :) ... I seriously cant /don't bother to rationalize in the absence of rational thought.

Good Going!... May your days here be fun filled!

I think I have learned enough from this brief interaction to draw plenty of conclusions about you. I shall weigh your statements in accordance with my assessment of your temperament and capabilities.

A week or so ago I came across a similar thread, but it was years old. I myself love to make polls where I can expect a large participation. This seems an interesting topic to me so I said hey, why not. Times have changed and new players have come and olds have gone. I would like to avoid the votes of those who quit the game, or are just pissed off at it for their own reasons simply because I know what most of them would vote for. Also, I won't put a "I don't know" option because most would go for that one, I guess.

Feel free to say why you chose that option. Let the poll...begin:yay:
I voted will never die cause I believe this is a transition period. The planet owners have visions on 5 years+ and have the money to ride out the down times. These bad times effect more the players then the millionaire owners, so atm can appear to be dying and don't disagree that it appears this way, but I think within 2-3 years time you wont even recognize this game as it will most likely be flooded with tens of thousands of players by then and also many new planets too. In any case either way I will ride this out like an old ship captain and go down with the ship if it comes to pass.

Whatever makes you happy dude :) ... I seriously cant /don't bother to rationalize in the absence of rational thought.

Good Going!... May your days here be fun filled!

That was my exact thought. Glad you stopped it there:)

I voted will never die cause I believe this is a transition period. The planet owners have visions on 5 years+ and have the money to ride out the down times. These bad times effect more the players then the millionaire owners, so atm can appear to be dying and don't disagree that it appears this way, but I think within 2-3 years time you wont even recognize this game as it will most likely be flooded with tens of thousands of players by then and also many new planets too. In any case either way I will ride this out like an old ship captain and go down with the ship if it comes to pass.

I see it like that too. Let's see where the ships go :D

I think unless MA makes the switch to game consoles the life span of this game is limited to maybe 5 years. As sales of netbooks (40% last quarter) and PC's (8% last quarter) drop and smart phones and tablets take over. Games like this will have no where to go. You can't play this game on a phone or tablet. This is why Facebook is grown like it has because it's built to work on phones and all the apps on it.

I think unless MA makes the switch to game consoles the life span of this game is limited to maybe 5 years. As sales of netbooks (40% last quarter) and PC's (8% last quarter) drop and smart phones and tablets take over. Games like this will have no where to go. You can't play this game on a phone or tablet. This is why Facebook is grown like it has because it's built to work on phones and all the apps on it.

You can't play a game like this on todays phones or tablets. What about the ones after 5 more years?

What could your phone do 5 years ago compared to your phone today?

Tablet PCs were fictional 5 years ago.

Honestly I see a shorter lifespan for consoles period than for EU. Eventually consoles will be replaced by a computer that just does everything entertainment wise.

A plug and play PC that plays DVDs, console games, records and plays back TV and movies... The capability is already there and eventually somebody will package it all up into one unit and sell it as such.

A computer can already do the same job as a game console (emulators are everywhere) a DVD player, and a DVR.

They have the added bonus of being upgradable as new tech comes out so you don't have to buy a whole new unit.

And before you say consoles kick computers butt for gaming... what do you think is inside that console of yours?

Back