Synch chips

How do you think synch chips should work?

• Total voters

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
At the moment, synch chips are pretty useless.

I have a VIII one which allows me to sweat without getting interrupted for 7.5 minutes. This is great for when I sweat, ofc, but if I try to use this chip for when using strike or tp chips there is almost no effect at all.

Therefore, I propose that synch chips be rebalanced (this could even make sweat prices rise a bit if popular enough) in one of the following ways:

1) Let them have a set amount of charges, like old focus chips, with 100% efficency. Amount of charges, speed of use, etc would depend on size of the chip. Bigger chips could even have perks such as charges staying on even if you die, or the effect being 'stackable' so you can do it several times.

2) Let them keep the time limit, but make them 100% efficent. Higher level chips would have higher time limit.

3) Let focus either have charges or time limit. Make efficency depend on how much damage you take.

Example of how a Synch Chip III could work with the third suggestion:
1.0 to 14.9 damage = 100% efficency (no risk of losing focus).
15.0 to 24.9 damage = 75% efficency (25% risk of losing focus).
25.0 to 34.9 damage = 50% efficency (50% risk of losing focus).
35.0 damage and more = 25% efficency (75% risk of losing focus).

I would favor suggestion 1 or 2, although the 3rd suggestion would be the most realistic (the more pain, the more likely to get unfocused, right?)

EDIT: If you have other suggestions, please do post them! Or if you simply have a reason for choosing the specific suggestion you did :)

Last edited:
I agree the Synch chips are useless atm. They have a nice animation but that is all. If you use a Synch chip, the higher the level the more time it should protect you from breaks in concentration.

The second big issue with mindforce at the moment is the SLOW cooldowns! I have tried hunting with MF chips. If you are using a chip on a mob higher than a Chirpy then by the time it has cooled down the mob has hit you 3-4 times. Mindforce is way to slow atm, the cooldowns need to be similar to guns with shots per minute. Using a Level V Combustive chip with only 5 hits a minute is way to slow. 20-25 would be more appropriate.
When u buy a higher level weapon, you usually can shoot faster with more damage. Mindforce is so slow I am getting bored with it. Compare to the magic weapons in RIFT which also have cooldown, but the attack rate is alot faster!

I agree the Synch chips are useless atm. They have a nice animation but that is all. If you use a Synch chip, the higher the level the more time it should protect you from breaks in concentration.

The second big issue with mindforce at the moment is the SLOW cooldowns! I have tried hunting with MF chips. If you are using a chip on a mob higher than a Chirpy then by the time it has cooled down the mob has hit you 3-4 times. Mindforce is way to slow atm, the cooldowns need to be similar to guns with shots per minute. Using a Level V Combustive chip with only 5 hits a minute is way to slow. 20-25 would be more appropriate.
When u buy a higher level weapon, you usually can shoot faster with more damage. Mindforce is so slow I am getting bored with it. Compare to the magic weapons in RIFT which also have cooldown, but the attack rate is alot faster!

Indeed, synch chips are only good for sweating at the moment.

Also indeed, most MF chips are way too slow. Corrosive and Lacerating are two obvious exceptions to this, but they are extremely rare... Overall, all MF chips except low-mid level kinetic/electric, lowermid level cryo and low level combustive are way too rare.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?211312-Make-MF-items-craftable&highlight=

Strike chips would gain some use if synch chips were made so they protected you from loss of concentration 100% of the time, but they would still be too slow to be of any use, as there are only three strike chips ingame with above 5 dps. Also, you still have to stand absolutely still while charging the chip (a mob running into you is often enough to move you so you lose focus) so strike chips would still be completely useless compared to rockets.

A complete overhaul/rebalancing is needed for mindforce (again) and I think that a rebalancing to bring back the functionality of the synch chips would be a good place to start.

Back