We demand change to lootable PVP in space

What should be done with lootable pvp in space

• Lootable PVP should be removed

Votes: 134 32.9%
  • Lootable PVP should be changed (loot comes from loot pool and not inventory)

Votes: 55 13.5%
  • Leave it just as it is

Votes: 169 41.5%
  • I dont care

Votes: 49 12.0%

• Total voters
Where is the option of not carrying anything that can be looted while traveling so then you can't be looted?

Where is the option of not carrying anything that can be looted while traveling so then you can't be looted?

Sorry but how is that an option :confused:

If I'm going to Ancient Greece and I need time travel crystals, that options falls away. Unless MA makes that kinds of items non-lootable (Time Travel crystals currently are in the mined tab, though they aren't mined).

If you get killed in space with no loot, how do you get looted?

I haven't been to space so I can't answer how it works there, but in toxic zones you lose the antitoxic shot which is a 5 ped value.

The more I read people's complaints about Lootable PVP in Space, the more I think it is a good idea. The short-sighted and self-interested analysis all seems weak in response to what is still mostly unknown and untried.

Life on Calypso was never supposed to be easy, was it? Why should Space be any easier?

:beerchug:

Miles

To quote Kim @ https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/2572679-post39.html
"Youre not forced to do anything, you dont have to go into space just like you didnt have to go to Calypso's pvp areas."

So is there another way to transfer everything over to another planet without risk ?

mothership to mothership?

also... you might not have noticed but if you acctually manage to find a pker in space you have to be veeeeery unlucky

it's big... it's very very big... you can just press R and then T and b4 any1 reaches you, you will be at revive. if you even find some1

I set out 10K ped for trading stackables between planets and have done a bit of trading using the telleporters but now Im just going to cash it out and forget about trading between planets all together.

So MA just made your investment a lot riskier. No wonder you don't like it... :rolleyes:

So payed 25 ped to get up to space last night to get of this freaking planet and get my goods to Arkadia before space is full of assholes and shitfaces (they are already there).

Upon going up someone requested to chat with me and asked me if im heading to Arkadia and if I can give her a lift. So I picked up the newby and flew out into space from the stasion and almost imidiatly I got a red medium fighter trailing me all over the save zone and as soon as I approuch the end of the save zone bullets start flying past me. After just hanging around for 5 min the red fighter went off to trail someone els and I could make a break for it.

Luckaly I did not find anyother ships on the way to Arkadia.

I will follow with a bit of math tonight because from the initial look I took @ traiding last night it appeared that the Risk far outways the potential profit on most stackables and will require a huge diff in markup between planets just to make it worth it.
Will this change ? not likely unless they split up the planets market value of items when viewing the markup otherwise it will remain about the same on all planets.

So payed 25 ped to get up to space last night to get of this freaking planet and get my goods to Arkadia before space is full of assholes and shitfaces (they are already there).

Upon going up someone requested to chat with me and asked me if im heading to Arkadia and if I can give her a lift. So I picked up the newby and flew out into space from the stasion and almost imidiatly I got a red medium fighter trailing me all over the save zone and as soon as I approuch the end of the save zone bullets start flying past me. After just hanging around for 5 min the red fighter went off to trail someone els and I could make a break for it.

I will follow with a bit of math tonight because from the initial look I took @ traiding last night it appeared that the Risk far outways the potential profit on most stackables and will require a huge diff in markup between planets just to make it worth it.
Will this change ? not likely unless they split up the planets market value of items when viewing the markup otherwise it will remain about the same on all planets.

And the lesson is....mislead.

I would just say to all fellow passengers. "Grettings and welcome to a trip to.....somewhere. Hope we're going where you want to. I sure don't care."

hmm.... and this is while only 20-30 thrusters have been sold..

I can imagine gangs of pk-ers who you have to pay upfront to get through space.

As promised here is some math.

Asuming that lyst gos for 1% more on Arkadia then Calypso and that the (L) thrusters decay 0.09 pec and will probably stabalise at 400% (20 ped total for 5 ped thruster) and that cost of oil is 0.88 (0.80 x 110%) between Calypso and Arkadia.

Thruster decay up
0.36 (0.09 x 400%)​
pilot exit charge
2​
Oil charge
0.88 (0.80 x 110%)​
Thruster Decay down
0.36 (0.09 x 400%)​
pilot enter charge
2​
Total
5.6​

TT of lyst
0.03​
Markup Buy
103%​
Markup Sell
104%​

Amount
1000​
TT Total
30​
TT Plus buy markup
30.9​
TT Plus Sell markup
32.136​
Total profit on 1k lyst
1.236​

cost / profit 1k
4.530744337​

Total required to offset costs
ammount x (cost / Profit1k) x TT
135.9223301​

So that requires you to now carry 136 ped TT (140 including markup) worth of extra Lyst just to offset your initial cost while you risk it being stolen. so anything bellow that amount is not doable for trading.

This may be viable on some other stackables if the markup diff is higher. But ofcorce higher level stackables have higher TT values and also increase the risk on low Markup values. Will follow in a bit with the % diff required on Lyst to offset costs and keep stack size below 50 ped

Last edited:
This is another issue, there will be trust issues between you and anyone who wants a lift somewhere, just incase their relaying info back to a pirate.

Fopsie its really ridiculous, in the rep you returned to me you just state that i am rich so i don't care. This is just wrong:D,
You are just assuming so many things...

You have not really logged in since yesterday, but you keep complaining how it utterly sux and how MA needs to change things.. Come on... Do you have a crystal ball or what ? :D

EDIT: so you logged in, but as you can see you made it to arkadia safe even there was a ship going for you.. so whats wrong?

Reactions: das
Ok used the same moddel as before to work it out

Total space travel costs
5.6​

TT
0.03​
Markup B
103%​
Markup S
111%​

Amount
1000​
TT
30​
Plus markup
30.9​
Plus Sell markup
34.299​
Total profit on 1k lyst
3.399​

cost / profit 1k
1.647543395​

Total required to offset costs
ammount x (cost / Profit1k) x TT
49.42630185​

Murkup B - Markup S
8%​

EDIT: so you logged in, but as you can see you made it to arkadia safe even there was a ship going for you.. so whats wrong?

Whats wrong is space is currently abandoned but wont be for long making it even more risky. BTW you left out the part about how most seem to agree about lootable PVP in the rep I sent you.

This is another issue, there will be trust issues between you and anyone who wants a lift somewhere, just incase their relaying info back to a pirate.

Exactly. If I had no moral values I would rob players blind. Fly them up to space and offer to take them to the other planet (will likely be a newby that already dont have a lot to lose or perhaps a trader if I have a realy fast ship) while seceretly contacting a pirate to meet me halfway in space and blow me up.

Edit. This can go the other way around aswell with my pasanger selling me out. Well guess transporting good and players at the same time is a bigger risk then most seem to think.
Not everyones moral compass points in the right direction espesialy considering that there is no way for MA to know that the player is actualy upto this kind of trust scam / exploit

I voted "should be changed" but not the source of the loot but just make some safe travelling routes for those that just want to visit another planet.

I missed the "make not ALL of space lootable" option

I still don't see the problem. Space is PvP so what? No one is forced to carry 10k PED in stackables. Also no one cares about the OPs trading plans looks like you wanted to make a quick buck and now it's not as easy as thought, in my opinion that's a good thing. You can go to space you don't have to and I still think PKing will be pretty rare due to the size.
Seperating the planets was an pretty good idea since former PvP4 only ressources are spawning on other planets also this is making REAL interplanetary trading possible with higher risks but also higher rewards. If you can't adjust your gameplay/plans you better leave EU. Change your playstyle and stop trying to change the game.

Exactly. If I had no moral values I would rob players blind.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you the guy refusing to split a single item global with the rest of the swunt team you have been part of? Speaking about moral values... Reading your first post in this thread it strikes me you are upset since MA haven't made changes according to your business plans however as already said no on cares about YOUR fortune.

Edit: Just found the thread I was thinking of https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...spliting-in-teams-fair-or-not&highlight=Swunt

Another biased poll of yours but the community made a clear statement.

Last edited:
I still don't see the problem. Space is PvP so what? No one is forced to carry 10k PED in stackables. Also no one cares about the OPs trading plans looks like you wanted to make a quick buck and now it's not as easy as thought, in my opinion that's a good thing. You can go to space you don't have to and I still think PKing will be pretty rare due to the size.
Seperating the planets was an pretty good idea since former PvP4 only ressources are spawning on other planets also this is making REAL interplanetary trading possible with higher risks but also higher rewards. If you can't adjust your gameplay/plans you better leave EU. Change your playstyle and stop trying to change the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you the guy refusing to split a single item global with the rest of the swunt team you have been part of? Speaking about moral values... Reading your first post in this thread it strikes me you are upset since MA haven't made changes according to your business plans however as already said no on cares about YOUR fortune.

the big difference between pvp and lootable pvp is that people actually have a big incentive to shoot you out of the sky. So even if you don't carry any stackables, you will get blown to bits (or will pirates be able to see if you are carrying something?)

the big difference between pvp and lootable pvp is that people actually have a big incentive to shoot you out of the sky. So even if you don't carry any stackables, you will get blown to bits (or will pirates be able to see if you are carrying something?)

Ever been in PvP4? Even if you spend some time mining you don't see many green dots (well ok, that has changed due to Pitbull). Most people complaining never been there and actually don't know what they are talking about. Also not many people have seen space so far and yet so many complaining/whining threads and posts. Just try it before judging.
When people do not carry stackables PKing will stop soon since I do not think it will profitable (again see the pitbulls in PvP4)

@ AZ

No one said anything about spliting loot before hand and im a strong believer in the personal Loot pool. So this gos both ways sins it is not morraly corect (Its damn comunist aswell) to have someone split something out of their personal loot pool so you can have better returns and they get worce. If I expected them to share anything they looted and not be willing to split everything I looted then that would be morraly incorect but I did not expect them to share nether would I have accepted the split aswell. So how does that change my morrality to being bad, it doesnt because nether side is fully corect in regards to that situation ?

Last edited:
Like so many things in EU (and RL) adapt or stay away from there.

And why all the complaints before you've even been to space. I'm pretty sure we haven't seen half of the possibilities yet, maybe there is a Warpgate to been found, maybe we will find ultra fast small vessels, we don't know.

For the OP, if you wanted to be an interplanetary trader, i think with the current system that business is much more interesting and more rewarding. Adapt ....

For all those that keep trying to make this personal towards me ( Ad Hominem Abusive Fallacy) stop and take a look at the bigger picture

Last edited:
Ever been in PvP4? Even if you spend some time mining you don't see many green dots (well ok, that has changed due to Pitbull). Most people complaining never been there and actually don't know what they are talking about. Also not many people have seen space so far and yet so many complaining/whining threads and posts. Just try it before judging.
When people do not carry stackables PKing will stop soon since I do not think it will profitable (again see the pitbulls in PvP4)

Yes I have been there, Yes I got looted, No I didn't like it. It's not like I just arrived in Port Atlantis with orange clothes on, but it's fair to say that when I did, my clothes were orange.

For all those that keep trying to make this personal towards me ( Ad Hominem Abusive Fallacy) stop and take a look at the bigger picture

Well looking at the bigger picture.. even this poll is BS
You make a thread with the title
we DEMAND change..
& then you make a poll to ask wether it should change or not?
I'm done discussing this as there is no reasoning with you.
You only look at it from you're side of the gameplay & def not from all angles to see what is best for the game!

Well looking at the bigger picture.. even this poll is BS
You make a thread with the title
we DEMAND change..
& then you make a poll to ask wether it should change or not?
I'm done discussing this as there is no reasoning with you.
You only look at it from you're side of the gameplay & def not from all angles to see what is best for the game!

And there is no debating with someone that has no logic to do so and result to things like personal attacks on one person as defence. I see all the posible ups and downs regarding this but for me and for meny others the downs outway the ups that is why we are here and why we vote and discuss.

This is awesome.

This will increase the value of trading between different planets since it will be harder to move large amount of good etc. Now when risk is involved. For the first time (in a long time) i actually see the universe expanding in a good way!

It's not like lootable pvp area is optional if you want to travel between two planets.

Chip out, sell all your stuff, delete your avatar. Create a new avatar on your planet of choice.

Problem solved.

Back