PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mature
    Deirdre Cista Barimen
    Images

Hydra Investment Fund Entropia

The Hydra Investment Fund has begun as a small entity for haunting the Auction House trades. The profits of the trade are distributed equally on all participants.

My game background
    My ingame full name is Deirdre Cista Barimen. I am new to EU and was attracted to the game because of the economy aspect, I want to see what I can do here. My background is EVE Online, which you probably know holds 400,000 players in an artificial economy.
    I started a couple of months ago with 1000 PED and experimented with some mining, which was fun for a little while, and learning the market. I didnít profit from mining of course, and was down to 700-800 PED before I started earning on the market. Today I am at 1250 and growing steadily.

The Hydra Fund
    I estimate my worth 1250 PED today.
    The fund is active immediately as a communal fund where anyone can today buy shares of a value of 50 PED. I expect I can run a solid market operation with a quite larger fund size. I cannot yet see what the max size ofa fund should be.

The first investor is myself! I am putting all my worth into the fund.
    Fund size today: 1250 PED (25 shares) - share value 50.0 PED.

Over time I will record the size and growth of the fund in post #4 of this thread. With profit the value of each share will of course grow every week. If the share sale had started for instance one month ago, you would have probably earned around 50 % on each share bought then and sold now, and I expect profit for the coming months will be 30-40 %.

Credibility
    I have no record in this game.
    In EVE I am known as Cista2. In EVE I have held unsecured public investments at a worth of c. 200 bn isk, which I believe is equal to c. $10,000 or 100,000 PED. The full record of my projects in EVE is found here with more links inside. Check it out.
    If you challenge me here on the thread I will prove that I am Cista2.

Shares now available @ 50 PED ea.
    I want to start small so we can see this is actually working for all of us. I can also post some screenshots of some of the trades I am doing with your PED.
    You can buy or annull shares through me any time you want.
    Last edited by Cista; 09-07-2011 at 21:20.

Mature
    Deirdre Cista Barimen
    Images
    Some Q and A will be put here, please ask away.

Q: What are we trading?
    A: I am active in a number of market categories, primarily refined resources, materials, components, tools and weapons. I am beginning to upload some photos to my Calypso forum profile that show snapshots of my trades and wallet as documentation - go check it out there.

Q: What happens when you run with investors money?
    A: I can only refer to my credibility from EVE where I have held large sums over many periods. My advise is to just buy one or two shares, and when it yields profit, be happy with that and don't be tempted to dump more money into the fund.

Q: Will you provide investors with real name and adress?
    A:
    I will not. It is something that has often been discussed in EVE also, for instance this famous thread, the "reach out and touch them" thread. This thread is a great read with lots of arguments back and forth about this matter. There are people in EVE that know who I am, and the same can happen here, but it is not something I give to receive an initial investment.

Q: How do we know you are who you say you are?
    A:
    I added a greeting to AlpgaGeek in this post. This proves that I am indeed Cista2 in EVE Online.

Q: How would I get to sell my shares?
    Can I sell my shares to the fund itself, and get my peds. Or will someone have to buy them?
    A:
    Yes, you can sell the shares back to the fund anytime you want, maybe it will have to wait a day or 2 because it is bound in stocks. (If the fund stops selling shares people could also buy/sell them among each other - with caution since they don't have any physical form).

Q: So, now you want people to pay more then you originally wanted them to pay in to this just because you deposited more? How did the old share value come to be, and what makes the new share value worth more?
    A:
    The original value of shares of 50 PED was random. Since this is a mutual fund, "shares" are created out of thin air when you invest, and they are annulled when you withdraw. You may buy in at 80 PED and sell at 110 PED, or whatever. The percentage growth of value that comes from profit is what is important.

Q: Can you perhaps tell me a bit more how it will work with share payout etc?
    A:
    Since this is not a bond or an IPO, you do not get dividends automatically. Your account will grow continuously, and you can deposit and withdraw any time you wish, like in a bank.
    Last edited by Cista; 09-05-2011 at 06:52.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Snablesnot Male Young
    Society
    Vikings of Calypso
    Images
    First of all, what happens when you run with investors money? Nothing.(happened similar thing in my last soc)
    Secondly, you are new, and might want to learn the market a bit more before starting this fund.
    Third making 1250 out of 800-900 isnt that great, i think many traders can make it in a day.

Anyways welcome to Entropia, and i hope you succeed where many others have failed.

Mature
    Deirdre Cista Barimen
    Images
    Share value history.
    50 PED Aug 29 (25 shares, total size 1250 PED).
    54 PED Sep 3 (45 shares, total size 2430 PED)
    56 PED Sep 10 (45 shares, total size 2500 PED)

Current investors
    Cista (45 shares)

Link to full spreadsheet!
    Last edited by Cista; 09-10-2011 at 20:59.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images

"if a head is cut off, two more will take its place"
    Good luck.

By any chance, do you have a red skull?

Last edited by mastermesh; 08-29-2011 at 22:42.

before I do invest in this I will want to see if anyone else does first..

I hope I will be able to trust you enough to do this though.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Alpha AG Geek
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cista View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Q: What happens when you run with investors money?

I'm suddenly reminded of the Pythian Scrolls: "All this has happened before, and all this will happen again."

In light of the recent mothership scandal, I'm afraid potential investors will need more than a screen name that matches some other screen name in order to establish any credibility, not to mention legal recourse should a "fund manager" evaporate.
    Alpha AG Geek \\ Project Entropia Participant // VU 7.5 Colonist
    Member- VRW Post 9.4.6, Participant- Last "real" Beacon Mission

Mature
    Deirdre Cista Barimen
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In light of the recent mothership scandal, I'm afraid potential investors will need more than a screen name that matches some other screen name in order to establish any credibility
    I added a greeting to AlpgaGeek in this post. This proves that I am indeed Cista2.

If you are an enquiring investor, as I mentioned you can use this resource to map my projects from past years and interactions with investors in EVE.
    Please remember that the fund I am starting here in EU is of much smaller scale.

In a world of online screen presences, this is as much accountability as you can get.
    Last edited by Cista; 08-29-2011 at 21:54.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Lady Jennifer Art
    Society
    Silly Underground Family
    Images
    First off i wish you the best of luck, you seem genuine so i hope your not another scammer.

Second is a tip, i think people will be a bit put off by your lack of game experiance.

Third i think the lack of exp is not a bad thing, you will have a fresh look and as you incease your client base and become well know you could make a big profit from this !

Good luck

( cut short as i am very sleepy

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    I wish you good luck mate, looks legit.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast