New EU investment fund: Hydra Fund starting up today

Cista

Mature
Deirdre Cista Barimen
Hydra Investment Fund Entropia

The Hydra Investment Fund has begun as a small entity for haunting the Auction House trades. The profits of the trade are distributed equally on all participants.

My game background
My ingame full name is Deirdre Cista Barimen. I am new to EU and was attracted to the game because of the economy aspect, I want to see what I can do here. My background is EVE Online, which you probably know holds 400,000 players in an artificial economy.
I started a couple of months ago with 1000 PED and experimented with some mining, which was fun for a little while, and learning the market. I didn’t profit from mining of course, and was down to 700-800 PED before I started earning on the market. Today I am at 1250 and growing steadily.

The Hydra Fund
I estimate my worth 1250 PED today.
The fund is active immediately as a communal fund where anyone can today buy shares of a value of 50 PED. I expect I can run a solid market operation with a quite larger fund size. I cannot yet see what the max size ofa fund should be.

The first investor is myself! I am putting all my worth into the fund.
Fund size today: 1250 PED (25 shares) - share value 50.0 PED.

Over time I will record the size and growth of the fund in post #4 of this thread. With profit the value of each share will of course grow every week. If the share sale had started for instance one month ago, you would have probably earned around 50 % on each share bought then and sold now, and I expect profit for the coming months will be 30-40 %.

Credibility
I have no record in this game.
In EVE I am known as Cista2. In EVE I have held unsecured public investments at a worth of c. 200 bn isk, which I believe is equal to c. $10,000 or 100,000 PED. The full record of my projects in EVE is found here with more links inside. Check it out.
If you challenge me here on the thread I will prove that I am Cista2.

Shares now available @ 50 PED ea.
I want to start small so we can see this is actually working for all of us. I can also post some screenshots of some of the trades I am doing with your PED.
You can buy or annull shares through me any time you want.

Last edited:
Some Q and A will be put here, please ask away.

Q: What are we trading?
A: I am active in a number of market categories, primarily refined resources, materials, components, tools and weapons. I am beginning to upload some photos to my Calypso forum profile that show snapshots of my trades and wallet as documentation - go check it out there.

Q: What happens when you run with investors money?
A: I can only refer to my credibility from EVE where I have held large sums over many periods. My advise is to just buy one or two shares, and when it yields profit, be happy with that and don't be tempted to dump more money into the fund.

Q: Will you provide investors with real name and adress?
A:
I will not. It is something that has often been discussed in EVE also, for instance this famous thread, the "reach out and touch them" thread. This thread is a great read with lots of arguments back and forth about this matter. There are people in EVE that know who I am, and the same can happen here, but it is not something I give to receive an initial investment.

Q: How do we know you are who you say you are?
A:
I added a greeting to AlpgaGeek in this post. This proves that I am indeed Cista2 in EVE Online.

Q: How would I get to sell my shares?
Can I sell my shares to the fund itself, and get my peds. Or will someone have to buy them?
A:
Yes, you can sell the shares back to the fund anytime you want, maybe it will have to wait a day or 2 because it is bound in stocks. (If the fund stops selling shares people could also buy/sell them among each other - with caution since they don't have any physical form).

Q: So, now you want people to pay more then you originally wanted them to pay in to this just because you deposited more? How did the old share value come to be, and what makes the new share value worth more?
A:
The original value of shares of 50 PED was random. Since this is a mutual fund, "shares" are created out of thin air when you invest, and they are annulled when you withdraw. You may buy in at 80 PED and sell at 110 PED, or whatever. The percentage growth of value that comes from profit is what is important.

Q: Can you perhaps tell me a bit more how it will work with share payout etc?
A:
Since this is not a bond or an IPO, you do not get dividends automatically. Your account will grow continuously, and you can deposit and withdraw any time you wish, like in a bank.

Last edited:
First of all, what happens when you run with investors money? Nothing.(happened similar thing in my last soc)
Secondly, you are new, and might want to learn the market a bit more before starting this fund.
Third making 1250 out of 800-900 isnt that great, i think many traders can make it in a day.

Anyways welcome to Entropia, and i hope you succeed where many others have failed.

Share value history.
50 PED Aug 29 (25 shares, total size 1250 PED).
54 PED Sep 3 (45 shares, total size 2430 PED)
56 PED Sep 10 (45 shares, total size 2500 PED)

Current investors
Cista (45 shares)

Link to full spreadsheet!

Last edited:
250px-440px-HydraOrganization_Head.jpg

"if a head is cut off, two more will take its place"

Good luck. :laugh:

By any chance, do you have a red skull?

Hugo_Weaving_as_Red_Skull.jpg

Last edited:
before I do invest in this I will want to see if anyone else does first..

I hope I will be able to trust you enough to do this though.

Q: What happens when you run with investors money?

I'm suddenly reminded of the Pythian Scrolls: "All this has happened before, and all this will happen again."

In light of the recent mothership scandal, I'm afraid potential investors will need more than a screen name that matches some other screen name in order to establish any credibility, not to mention legal recourse should a "fund manager" evaporate.

In light of the recent mothership scandal, I'm afraid potential investors will need more than a screen name that matches some other screen name in order to establish any credibility
I added a greeting to AlpgaGeek in this post. This proves that I am indeed Cista2.

If you are an enquiring investor, as I mentioned you can use this resource to map my projects from past years and interactions with investors in EVE.
Please remember that the fund I am starting here in EU is of much smaller scale.

In a world of online screen presences, this is as much accountability as you can get.

Last edited:
First off i wish you the best of luck, you seem genuine so i hope your not another scammer.

Second is a tip, i think people will be a bit put off by your lack of game experiance.

Third i think the lack of exp is not a bad thing, you will have a fresh look and as you incease your client base and become well know you could make a big profit from this !

Good luck

( cut short as i am very sleepy :)

This is new and original.

If you make so much in Eve, why not take some of that cash to EU and simply trade yourself? What's the need for this fund if you have made it in Eve?

What difference does other people investing make? Trust in your own decisions rather than the herd ;)

I added a greeting to AlpgaGeek in this post. This proves that I am indeed Cista2.

You look genuine, granted. But there's been a history of investment scams in EU, and they have to look genuine to work. EU is not particularly well-structured for such things, without resorting to some sort of RL-based guarantees & paperwork.

So, if you're genuine I wish you luck. If not, the special hell waits for you. Either way, my advice to investors would be to keep their PED on their PED card, sorry.

If you make so much in Eve, why not take some of that cash to EU and simply trade yourself? What's the need for this fund if you have made it in Eve?

You can't withdraw RL money from EvE (not by legal means anyway). You can however buy game-time 'vouchers' with RL currency, and sell those vouchers to others in exchange for in-game currency. So you can kind of make an exchange rate, but it's not like EU since there's no way to withdraw.

Also she or he says they've held large amounts of ISK for public investments (not necessarily made large amounts of ISK), in order to establish trustworthiness.

Last edited:
best of luck with your new investment fund.
are you willing to provide rl name and contact information to potential investors?

I hope I will be able to trust you enough to do this though.

ever heard of schrödingers cat? .. it's exactly like that:laugh:

started out myself quite like this (less the deposit) kept a lower profile amongts friends as investors too. Either way, good luck, gotta start somewhere ;)

i invited him for a 14 days trial to OU...

lets see

Welcome in EU.

What you call Auction Trader is called here an Auction Reseller, as these operations dont transform the material and dont provide service, it only takes PED from depositing players.

In opposite of Street Traders, you will need multiple avatars to grow, because a single avatar can't sell at Auction more than 30 items at a time. Managing multiple avatars is not allowed in EU.

Anyway, good luck for your business, just to let you know that what you propose is doable (and already done) by many people. However, having a capital and playing with Auction to create PEDs recquires a good knowledge of EU markets and community, especially the impacts of events, nerves, public holidays, etc... You'll have to be better than your opponnets, and take into account the Auction fees. Every 2 or 3 years old player is able to get more than a 200% ROI on a year if he plays with Auction with a decent capital.

;)

why not cash out the money from Eve, deposit in EU and you can keep all your profit. :)

Ahh the fund... '-)

i invited him for a 14 days trial to OU...lets see
Thanks man, but I am already a member of Wildd3amons, and they are a very nice group. I wanted to begin the fund there first, but they have had a problem with the administration of the internal forum there for some time, so I decided to go ahead and spring it here on Calypso forum directly.

I am not looking to run a company based mainly on other people's money. What I am doing works very well, but I can see I am losing out on profit that I could pick up I have more muscle. It is just a matter of speeding up my growth process. I will be selling maybe as many shares as I have myself, 25.

I am strictly daytrading, and therefore not as vulnerable to longer term variations in the market, although I am aware of the declines in price of newer items such as vehicles. Certainly there can also be profits made from more speculative trading and I lack the insight to do that. But I am good at what I do and I see just 6-7 other traders that are doing the same with similar vigor - I contest them on trades every day.

What you call Auction Trader is called here an Auction Reseller, as these operations dont transform the material and dont provide service, it only takes PED from depositing players.

In opposite of Street Traders, you will need multiple avatars to grow, because a single avatar can't sell at Auction more than 30 items at a time. Managing multiple avatars is not allowed in EU
Thanks for the tips, I hope that 30 listed items is enough to make a fortune ;)

Resellers do provide some service though, they provide availability and for instance I split large stacks of minerals into smaller stacks that suit consumers' needs better.

Edit: someone asked if I will provide my real name. I will not, I have an aversion against that.
It is something that has often been discussed in EVE also, for instance this famous thread, the "reach out and touch them" thread.
That guy later moved on to make a spectacular scam btw but that's another story.

There are people in EVE that know who I am, and the same can happen here, but it is not something I give to receive an investment.

Last edited:
good luck........
;)

Mentioning experience in Eve Online when starting up an Entropia fund is kind of like listing Enron on a resume when applying for a bank manager job.

someone asked if I will provide my real name. I will not, I have an aversion against that.

Thanks for providing that information. I am not willing to entrust real money to a new player who will not provide real life information. Anyway, I wish you well with your trading.

Update: I haven't sold any shares yet, but that just means that fund growth will be somewhat slower initially. But since trade is going really well I am thinking of investing a bit more myself.

I will use this thread to document the development of the fund, and I will probably happily sell the shares even 2-3 months down the road.

I am starting oploading pictures to show examples of my trade history. I cannot understand how you are supposed to upload pictures directly to this forum. And they don't like p-h-o-t-o-bucket.
But you can find my album by copying this link to P-bucket: http://s1095.!!!!!!!!!!!.com/albums/i480/CistaCista/ and isert the sitename. Each picture will have a date on it.

I don't mean to break any forum rules by linking, so please correct me.

Last edited:
Ok, i'm interested :)
where's the newbie guide for this tho? :D

Ok, i'm interested :)
where's the newbie guide for this tho? :D
Hi :) not really sure what you mean. You can invest in the fund for minimum 50 PED atm, the value of your investment will start growing immediately.

Your share will be part of the whole fund (currently 1250 PED), and if the whole fund has a profit of 30% per month, your personal share will of course also grow by 30% per month. This will all be documented in post 4 of this thread and a spreadsheet that I will go create right now.

You can withdraw your PED anytime you wish.

Edit:
Here is the spreadsheet: h(t)tps://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AigpgwaY0wcOdHVZZnNGSlk0TGxaQmY0Sk1LdEdOMWc#
(the forum is still playing tricks with my links... you have to copy everything and correct it to https yourself)

All you see there is my creation of the fund with my own 1250 PED the other day.
For your entertainment I added a hypothetical example of how profit and further investment will be entered.

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it, but gonna ask anyway.

you now have 25 shares @ 1250ped

if I would buy 25 shares @ 1250ped (50ped each)

After 4weeks of tradning you value would dubble from 2500ped to 5000ped.

That would meen my shares where worth 100ped each?
How would I get to sell my shares?
Can I sell my shares to the fund itself, and get my peds. Or will someone have to buy them?

Hi :) not really sure what you mean. You can invest in the fund for minimum 50 PED atm, the value of your investment will start growing immediately.

Your share will be part of the whole fund (currently 1250 PED), and if the whole fund has a profit of 30% per month, your personal share will of course also grow by 30% per month. This will all be documented in post 4 of this thread and a spreadsheet that I will go create right now.

You can withdraw your PED anytime you wish.

Edit:
Here is the spreadsheet: h(t)tps://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AigpgwaY0wcOdHVZZnNGSlk0TGxaQmY0Sk1LdEdOMWc#
(the forum is still playing tricks with my links... you have to copy everything and correct it to https yourself)

All you see there is my creation of the fund with my own 1250 PED the other day.
For your entertainment I added a hypothetical example of how profit and further investment will be entered.

In editor, there is a special nice button to make links:

badd040ad33e348b875392c1cb001160.png

Your spreadsheet is here.

Back