New EU investment fund: Hydra Fund starting up today

Just as has been mentioned about being limited to a single avatar untill MA introduces a trading license or something I would seriously limit your budget to 10k only. Expect 2k profit per week perhaps? Even if you had more peds you wouldnt be able to do an efficent turnover. With investors you simply cant have just money on hand for those great deals that shows up now and then (Sale from a tower or ath of oils for tt) You must turn your capital constantly to cover the investors. Cap the shares to 10k peds and I can promise you I will invest myself. I will enter with 1k peds.

After 4weeks of tradning you value would dubble from 2500ped to 5000ped.
That would meen my shares where worth 100ped each?
How would I get to sell my shares?
Can I sell my shares to the fund itself, and get my peds. Or will someone have to buy them?
Yes, you would sell the shares back to me for 100 PED each, any time you want. You might have to wait a day or 2 if the money is in stocks.

(You COULD also try to sell them to someone else, for an even higher price. Why? If the the fund had stopped selling shares at face value, and people want to buy them expecting future profit)

Just as has been mentioned about being limited to a single avatar untill MA introduces a trading license or something I would seriously limit your budget to 10k only.
I didn't state clearly, but I want to have 50% myself so atm fund size is limited to 50 shares = 2,500 PED. I am thinking of investing some more myself, but it will not be anywhere near 10K.

NB! In the weekend I will tally the weekly profit so after this the buy price will be higher than 50 PED per share.

Another one ...

So tired of such founds where ppl try make money on others money asking em to trust you. As far i red, all this is simple trader actions with no unique idea under it.

A average player dont need sell to trader his stack of some resource or loot cheaper to trader as he usually got more PED to run game and to collect stack of size to pull it in auction or resource consumer (crafter as example) with no trader between ... to share any fraction of MU.

The called low bugget players have usualy low peds and try get evey % of the item they loot. Those stacks usualy are small, and there comes: if you are so good ... deposit 10k PED (1000 USD), that value should be fine to start such trading your self ... profit .. get your 10k out and go on with ya trading.

The only good investment found for trading i seen was S.T.T.S .. he had caped investment value so ppl dont invest into him more then he can operate. And ppl were asking so he accept more. .. he gained so much trust in 1st week of operation and his service was so great for all players ... who loot small stacks of low MU items ... and he very fast got even called his service managers (who were helping him), he took very small fraction for his service ... sad his RL made him stop it ... he very good one. Search a bit ...

You made few hundreds ... thats not a big deal at all. You can be EVE trade master, prostitute of Second Life or blind monk ... i dont care .. that dont prove a shit.

So first ... join soc, as bigger as better, gain a friends, prove em your good, make soc invest in you .. start your found then with respect of EU players who will says a good words about you, those who trust them .. will start trust you. Show some longer term EU trading transactional history, show you got experience ... you succeeded, your good in thing you do.

At moment your "green sucker" asking "give me ya money we become RICH!".

I didn't state clearly, but I want to have 50% myself so atm fund size is limited to 50 shares = 2,500 PED. I am thinking of investing some more myself, but it will not be anywhere near 10K.

NB! In the weekend I will tally the weekly profit so after this the buy price will be higher than 50 PED per share.

What's the need for a fund then?

You wait a few weeks/months and you've built up a bankroll of 5k PED and you own it all rather than 50%.

What's the need for a fund then?

You wait a few weeks/months and you've built up a bankroll of 5k PED and you own it all rather than 50%.
That is what will happen in a way. After some months, when the fund has grown to 5k or 10k through profits, I can just keep the shares when investors are selling back to me, and more and more of the fund will be owned by myself.

The fund is an injection of resources that is useful right now, because I see a lot of goods that I could buy at this price range.

Obvious question.
I need to do business with someone in game.
How do I add him to friends list?
How do I open a chat with him?

I asked in soc and someone says that I cannot do that?

Running an enterprise like an investment fund requires lotsa experience and a deep knowledge of in-game mechanics imo.

On 08-29 you offer to run an investment fund. On 08-31, two days later, you have to ask about FL in Noob’s Corner...? :scratch2:

Well, I wouldn’t expect too much customers, then... :dunno:

So if this fund goes the wrong way .....

You can leave our soc then because our soc does not want a bad name we are a respected soc.
So we have a good reputation and you are not going to ruin it for us so... Why not make your own soc and get your investers their and not in ours and call it the hydra fund and im being friendly about this in a positive manner please respect that

Why dont you make the high deposit your self and trade to by yourself buy low sell high.
To me you will keep the peds from the hydra fund by yourslef , and why call it the hydra fund.
This is an easy way for you to make ped with your hydra fund with out depositing peds.. you want to use other players ped instead of making a big contribution your self.
Like stated on entropia forum , ask mindark their is a thread warning of investment funds and trust funds.
if you want to do real bussiness provide some ID or something in RL privatly if not then you are hiding something

1. how old are you.
2 are you in RL stock market.
3.Join a a anouther soc and not wildD3amons or make your own soc and get your investers their. your on my watch list if you are still in our soc.
4.Play the game more to understand the markets.
5. i dont understand how you can hold shares in this game ... unless its about buying say animal oil or items...
and then selling them.

To me this does not sound legit but sounds legit to some and a smart move.
if its too good to be true it probaly is not.

I will talk some more later for now i will leave it here.
also you came from the academy soc so you are kinda new to the game.

Last edited:
I don't want to come off as a troll as you are probably a genuinely honest and nice person. With that said though, isn't Eve home of some of the biggest scams in gaming history. One just recently went off for 850 billion ISK ($45k real world money if you value it in PLEX). Each of those scams was a confidence scam, under some guise of an Investment Bank/Fund, that all turned out to be elaborate Ponzi schemes.

Not saying you're doing that. But this was instantly where my mind went when I saw the words Investment Fund and then Eve.

I hope it works out well for you and your investors.

Reactions: Mac
Not saying you're doing that. But this was instantly where my mind went when I saw the words Investment Fund and then Eve.
As mentioned in the OP, this spreadsheet shows all my projects in EVE since 2009, summing up all the returns sent to investors. There are links to each individual project.

Tonight I made an overall NAV checkup and estimate 100 PED have been made in profit since last check (I will check NAV once per week from now on).

New share value is therefore 54 PED and will be that in the coming week.

Seeing that all is going well, but since unfortunately I have sold no shares yet, I have decided to invest more money into EU for myself. So I did, and this amounted to creating/buying 20 more shares of the Hydra Fund.

You can see this reflected in post #4 of this thread and the accompanying spreadsheet.

So you don't need to beg anyone for money anymore then?

Tonight I made an overall NAV checkup and estimate 100 PED have been made in profit since last check (I will check NAV once per week from now on).

New share value is therefore 54 PED and will be that in the coming week.

Seeing that all is going well, but since unfortunately I have sold no shares yet, I have decided to invest more money into EU for myself. So I did, and this amounted to creating/buying 20 more shares of the Hydra Fund.

You can see this reflected in post #4 of this thread and the accompanying spreadsheet.

So, now you want people to pay more then you originally wanted them to pay in to this just because you deposited more? How did the old share value come to be, and what makes the new share value worth more? What is the maximum number of shares you'll create?

I cannot yet see what the max size ofa fund should be.
since you cannot see what the max size should be, why should anyone put any worth in any of the shares, and more importantly, why do you think the worth of any one share should be worth more then the original amount it was worth? Supply/Demand. Since you have no idea what the max size should be and will be, there's nothing stopping you from depositing 500k tomorrow (well other then your real world wealth, lol), and buying shitloads of shares with that... so if anyone buys in a share, you could make that 50% of this thing that they bought worth .000000025% in one deposit on a whim.

A 'share' by definition is a part of something, a share is a unit of equal denomination of the bigger thing. If you have a pretend fund that has no maximum number to it, it's not a shareholder fund at all, simply because there is no definition of what the total sum is, so it's not set what the equal units are worth, etc. Simple Math... 1/8th of a piece of pie is not the same thing as 1/8th of a pie company, or in a case like this 1/8th of nada, nothing zilcho.

It's simply begging other folks to use their money, without any sort of an agreement on a payback plan, etc. If you need a loan there's a bank in game. Probably not the type of loan you are thinking about from the real world, but it's the only system of lending the MA has approved in game.

That's why funds don't work, well, other then for the obvious reason that MA says all trades are final.

Last edited:
My advice to investors: do not fall for this ...!t
My advice to thread owner: stop wasting your time here, and learn more about EU.

The thread owner actually shows that he has no knowledge about investment, business or whatsoever. When you earn 200 peds from 1000 peds of initial investment, it does not mean that you can earn 20,000 peds from 100,000 peds of initial investment.

So you don't need to beg anyone for money anymore then?
In post #31 Sircus suggested that profit would scale well up to a fund size of 10K PED - I cannot know for sure, but that sounds reasonable. In that case I would cap the fund at 5K of own money and 5K investor money.

So, now you want people to pay more then you originally wanted them to pay in to this just because you deposited more? How did the old share value come to be, and what makes the new share value worth more?

since you cannot see what the max size should be, why should anyone put any worth in any of the shares, and more importantly, why do you think the worth of any one share should be worth more then the original amount it was worth? Supply/Demand.
It is a bit misleading, but practical, that I speak of shares. This is an investment fund, not an IPO. This means that when you invest, "shares" are created out of thin air, and when you withdraw, those "shares" are annulled. The share value increases because there is profit added to the fund as a whole. In this case, 25 shares were created at a random value of 50. When profit was added, dividing by 25 gave a value of 54 PED.

What you pay per share is not important, what is important is the growth rate you expect.
For a practical example, have a read through of the Hydra Fund in EVE, as was linked in the OP.

DID ANY ONE READ MY POST ?. Sorry for caps

Cista you mentioned withdraw why ?.

Cista just deposit and be a trader and stop using other investors money.

What happens when you get 5k or 10k what will you do with the peds because i see this happening >

1. you will withdraw peds

2. you will buy some good gear for yourslef.

Also if you came from academy soc that means you are new to the game.

this game is not an IPO either. This game is trading items and stackables not making IPO's

its a waste off time , and for those who invest in him what do you hope to get back in return what are the goals do you know the goals where do you see this in 2 years time thats what a real investor would say unless he/she is uber rich money to burn.

I would just like to say that anyone who 'invests' in this is an idiot.

If you're considering it and want some advice, don't do it.

I was all set to purchase shares in this Hydra Fund, but then I got an email from Swamaddi Hubar, who's an heir to the prince of Nigeria. He had a couple million US dollars he needed help getting out of his country, I sent him $10k to help with some of the administrative fees (and to bribe those corrupt bank officials).

Oh he just emailed me again, looks like he needs another $25,000 to pay for shipping and handling.

Cista, I have a one time offer for you to invest in my new Save-A-Prince-And-Get-Rich-Investment-Fund (SAPAGRIF for short.) I can make a spreadsheet that shows this investment is 97% legit, or I can just draw you some MS Paint pictures of a donkey riding a schoolbus, which ever one makes you feel more secure.

What you pay per share is not important
so we can buy your 50 ped shares for one pec each?

Why not trade me that 50 peds for my one pec as a collateral deal, and we can talk about exchanging it back in 10 years when that one pec has grown to 100 million ped.;)

Last edited:
I was all set to purchase shares in this Hydra Fund, but then I got an email from Swamaddi Hubar, who's an heir to the prince of Nigeria. He had a couple million US dollars he needed help getting out of his country, I sent him $10k to help with some of the administrative fees (and to bribe those corrupt bank officials).

Oh he just emailed me again, looks like he needs another $25,000 to pay for shipping and handling.

Cista, I have a one time offer for you to invest in my new Save-A-Prince-And-Get-Rich-Investment-Fund (SAPAGRIF for short.) I can make a spreadsheet that shows this investment is 97% legit, or I can just draw you some MS Paint pictures of a donkey riding a schoolbus, which ever one makes you feel more secure.

:laugh::silly2::yay:

Cista,

Try to get more knowledge before you do something like this, do auction deals, stand in the street and you will find out the truth: don't try to bend the spoon [attract the investors] ... just bend yourself [invest yourself] ...

thats my two pecs ...

Welcome to PCF - seems like you just joined the forum two month ago...

If you challenge me here on the thread I will prove that I am Cista2.

Ok, but...

I added a greeting to AlpgaGeek in this post. This proves that I am indeed Cista2.

... got that, but as far as i am concerned you could be Cista34567 and i couldn't care less.

You are new, hardly anyone knows you (well, i don't, i have never heard from you) and you're asking for money...

You wouldn't be the first to put up some forged documents to download, open an nice website and fake a long conversation on a forum with 5 alt accounts - what is this supposed to prove?

You're here and you say that your nickname is cista - fine, i think i can live with that.
Everything else you post here... well, i have no reason to believe anything you say.

We don't need another Richard Devil or Mudkicker - if i want to get rid of my PEDs i can simply mine with bigass amps - that's about as fast and i do not need months to find out that it's gone - what was your offer again?

I would just like to say that anyone who 'invests' in this is an idiot.

If you're considering it and want some advice, don't do it.

This.

Don't complain if your peds go away.

I thought MMA Big Show was fun. Where did he go?

He multiaccounted and used entropiaradio to promote his hatespeech. Something like that, using it to launch personal attacks etc. Idgaffa radio so...meh...i'm sure there is more about that around on the forums

FYI!
Cista is no longer a member of the WildD3amons family.

He multiaccounted and used entropiaradio to promote his hatespeech. Something like that, using it to launch personal attacks etc. Idgaffa radio so...meh...i'm sure there is more about that around on the forums

Are you saying that Caly or Calypto or w/e names he goes by, Is really MMA Bigshow?? Oh ffs, that explains everything now :duh:

Ahh yeah, I thought of him to when I read about this.

I think most older players here remember him: Coming out of nowhere (beginner), wanted to do big business, and in the end showed to have failed to understand the difference between "markup" and "market value". At least I hope you (thread starter) is doing a serious attempt to learn the game and not saying "I don't need to know the mechanics I only want to make money".

The other thing is of course someone who want to be trusted must first have gained trust. It's hard to get that trust - only a handfull people are trusted enough to be considered safe to administer a higher value (Akoz, Star to mention two), one reason to trust these two persons is that they are supposed to have invested too much money and/or into the game to be "foolish" enough to try a simple scam trick.

And have you considered the risk that someone who have "hot" peds (peds from scam/CC fraud), give them to you and you get at least a temporary lock? What if MA wants those "hot" peds back before unlocking the account?

And have you considered the risk that someone who have "hot" peds (peds from scam/CC fraud), give them to you and you get at least a temporary lock? What if MA wants those "hot" peds back before unlocking the account?

What if MA locks him permanently and the PEDs are stuck on his locked avatar... ?

I think the main point here is:

You can make some serious profit with trading?
Why don't you deposit more of your own money and keep all the profit you make?

There is simply no point in asking others to invest their PEDs, unless you need some 100K PEDs or are a school kid and can't deposit - but both scenarios wouldn't exactly help with people trusting you here.

And Cista101 - the spreadsheet you've linked is a joke, or some kind of test - right?
People with way less risky investment offers had way more detailed accountings here in the past...

Reactions: Mac
Back