Achievement: Warp Speed

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Many years ago Gagarin was the first person to have visited space...

Years later in a universe far far away an entropian discovered warp drive. Subsequently set about a sequence of events which lead to the Gagarin pioneering warp speed in Entropia Universe...

Thanks to Anhithe for lending bp which allowed me to discover warp drive I.

I must say warp drive is truly an experience not to be missed. I'll try and make a video at weekend, it really is an amazing experience...

In return I gave my fuses to Anhithe who then discovered warp drive II. Which you may see in auction :)

edit:
When you select warp you get a tp map come up and can select places to warp to from the list or you can click anywhere on the map. Once inititiated a voice states "warp sequence started" or something like that and you also get message stating this. It then auto aligns ship towards destination and warp commences, just sit back and enjoy the ride :) you arrive at destination in a few seconds.

Last edited:
Gratz! I always thought you were kind of warped :laugh:

Nice one! an im sure no one will mind seein the specs of MkII

Makes sense that a Skywalker would make this discovery!

Gratz Ace!

Very nice. Can you comment whether this can be attached to VTOL/Quad as well, or just the bigger ships?

May the force be with you and live long and prosper

Very nice. Can you comment whether this can be attached to VTOL/Quad as well, or just the bigger ships?

It cannot be attached to VTOL or quad either in inventory or when spawned.

Very nice! Gratz!

Ant forgot to mention this pioneer step yesterday :)

< note pics have been uploaded but I cannot place them here because I got a message stating they will show in gallery once they are approved by moderator. After waiting some time I have no idea when they will be approved (if at all). If they are approved I'll add them here>

We need pict and video.. you can use another hosting for your pictures and videos:

Everybody want to see Warp Speeds Effects... really.

Gratz but you have pending pictures and videos :yup:

ONE QUESTION: Does VTOL and Quad wil work with warp drives..??

Last edited:
grz,

so if vtol and quad do not work, what will it work with?
And can you ensure that you cannot get looted with this device?

I still refuse to go to space and being shot down. I still think MA has pretty much fucked this up for the vast majority of people who do not agree with lootable pvp so unless this gives me 100% certainty that I cannot get looted, I am afraid I will stay at Calypso for now.

Angel

Gratz on that. The hangar owners will be very happy things are fixed for them now. Hope we see the Privateers running constant trips to the planets now. seconds vs hour, it's a no brainer.

I guess the only thing now is, will there be more spaceships developed? I guess the UL quad isn't worth 36K anymore now that quads no longer have the speed advantage. Damn I wish I had bought a Privateer/Hangar/thruster set now, their value must be back to 120k min.

I see how MA is planning space, but safezones will still be needed. Hope we see some regular travel services being offered now, The privateers with best SI against pirates will be the most popular.

grz,

so if vtol and quad do not work, what will it work with?
And can you ensure that you cannot get looted with this device?

I still refuse to go to space and being shot down. I still think MA has pretty much fucked this up for the vast majority of people who do not agree with lootable pvp so unless this gives me 100% certainty that I cannot get looted, I am afraid I will stay at Calypso for now.

Angel
You can get looted with it if there is a space bomb thingy in your way as the vu update notes say. Doubtful pirates will be able to put bombs everywhere though, or be able to watch all the bombs if they do.

You can get looted with it if there is a space bomb thingy in your way as the vu update notes say. Doubtful pirates will be able to put bombs everywhere though, or be able to watch all the bombs if they do.

I assume pirates would need to work in team one watching station for ships about to enter warp and once seen lets fellow pirates to lay down bombs. Otherwise they'd just be throwing peds into space ...

Thanks all.

Note I'm offering a free warp speed flight tonight. So your all welcome to try it out if you like and if we have someone able to make a youtube video that would be nice.

Gallery pics I uploaded are still not available. I tried to upload 3 more but I got the same result i.e. message saying will be available if allowed by admin/moderator. My conclusion is I'm not allowed to upload images on this forum. If anyone else wants to take pics and upload they would be more than welcome.

www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?217553-Skywalker-Spacelines

warp with sleipni

It cannot be attached to VTOL or quad either in inventory or when spawned.

Try that:
spawn sleipni, get in, right klick on it, select Vehicle from menu and see that last entry of sub menu is 'Warp Speed' :eyecrazy:
So I would say, if this isnt just another space bug, then there is a way to warp with VTOLs :yup:

Cheers,
Anna.

Congratulations George Skywalker!

And may I suggest a suitable musical accompaniment on your next trip out!

:tp:

< note pics have been uploaded but I cannot place them here because I got a message stating they will show in gallery once they are approved by moderator. After waiting some time I have no idea when they will be approved (if at all). If they are approved I'll add them here>

Gallery uploads have been approved.

Not sure why those were set to be moderated in the first place, but I have corrected some permissions in the forum gallery, so it should not be a problem again.

Congrats on the achievement!

PM me if you need someone to film your exploits for youtube.
Regards,
Boo.
p.s. my services are entirely free, of course ;; ^ )

Back