PvP arenas for Calypso?

Kim|MindArk

Former Planet Calypso Official
I've been playing around with the idea of building some kind of a competitive pvp arena system for Calypso where players could compete for PvP tokens that in turn could be used to purchase items. Is this something you would like to see and if so do you have any suggestions that could help?

Cheers

Of course!
That would make ring visits much more appealing!
Like items xxx version from ring fight or smth

Im thinking of something abit more elaborate than the octagons, for example an underground umbranoid city where theres a large fighting pit or something along those lines.

Sounds like a great idea. Arenas would keep it "instanced" for those who don't wish to play, and tokens would offer a new level to those who love the pvp environment. :yay:

Im thinking of something abit more elaborate than the octagons, for example an underground umbranoid city where theres a large fighting pit or something along those lines.

Woot for umbranoids!!!

Everything seems to be centered around pvp lately... what about bringing in some new iron missions? :)

Theres a huge number of missions coming in the Calypso release next week.

Sounds awesome, I love the ring, so some expansion of that would be very cool!:smoke:

Sounds like it could be pretty fun.

The more things to do in EU the better. Sounds like a cool idea.

Weeee yes please!

Any chance of some team events that are not pvp? Hate pvp but something like the beacons would be awesome :)

for people with tighter ped card, the pvp action is a little intimidating because you can spend a lot in a short time without any loot.

I personally like the idea, and pvp action, but would be more comforting to know what happens with peds spent, return in the form of loot in future hunts? never return and the reward would be another? or ...

some clarification on this could make it friendly for the not regulars... :sniper:

great

I've been playing around with the idea of building some kind of a competitive pvp arena system for Calypso where players could compete for PvP tokens that in turn could be used to purchase items. Is this something you would like to see and if so do you have any suggestions that could help?

Cheers

and also consider the market value of the high end armors such as Shadow, PoE, Supremacy please; they are hunting armors and the ones given for tokens should be only for PVP. :) :eyecrazy::woot:

:evilking::silly2:

Cheers

Omg, omg, finally..
Not only that (which is awesome by itself), but we need pvp ranks. Our society maintains a parallel ranking related to our pvp activity Landgrabs, but it is damn hard without MA support.

My colleague sitting next to me is playing a beacon mission dungeon right now.

I sure hope there will also be a robot type Beacon :) But dungeons are cool too:yup:

pvp forts, pvp space, pvp octagon expansion..

a lot of people arent really all that interested in pvp.

I'm glad for the variety, but it is only a small percentage of players that even want to go in pvp.

The beacons are a much more welcome bit of news

a lot of people areNT really all that interested in pvp.

I'm glad for the variety, but it is only a small percentage of players that even want to go in pvp.

Word !

Edit: Pvp only divides (especially if it's lootable pvp), whereas beacons unite people which should be good for the EU community spirit imo.

How about fixing the LG system first?

Sounds awesome, hope you'll make it a bit more skill (IRL) based and a bit less about gear:)

pvp forts, pvp space, pvp octagon expansion..

a lot of people arent really all that interested in pvp.

but are there are players willing to spend a shit load cash doing it though.

Personally if I want pvp action I'll go play a game designed from day one for it. Sorry. EU combat never gives me the buzz that combat in UT does.

MA does seem to be pushing pvp far more than it did in the past, other than LGs.

Hey Kim, How about a sort of event area down there were you set a diffrent style of fighting each night,
like one day there is no armor allowed down there, one day just melee weapons in there maybe days were there's a maximum damage feature, and of course times were there is no rules at all.
Just something to try involve everybody, i really want to get into pvp but wen ped is so hard to come across, its hard to just throw it all into a pvp fight which i would prob just get owned in anyway, just my thought, but great idea and keep up the cool work :)
ps spawn some umbras up top i miss em sooo much :wtg::wtg::yay::yay::smoke:
Smokeymac

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A TOP GUN SECTION PERHAPS IN SPACE 10% DECAY? TOP GUN EVENTS WITH QUADS!!!!!!! OMFG THAT WOULD BE SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for the caps but my god that would be amazingly fun......... 'fort event in space' but call it TOP QUAD!!!!!!!!
lol
YAAA BRING IT!!!!!! WOO WOOT

Most likely a month or so left, but lets get back to the topic at hand!

aw dang i'll be away then:laugh:

maybe make the whole 10% deterioration,no armor,max hp,vehicle,MF options available aswell? and maybe even a "cermonial gun" that could be used by every1 but only within the event

yey for pewpew carnage:yup:

Back