PvP arenas for Calypso?

Question:

How would this differ from, say, making a PVP event at Zychion, where prize = "accumulate ammo/decay"?

My guess would be it would run as a full-time version of this, yes?

If youre asking me, yes and more. Asking Kim, Im not sure.

That was an unintended but amusing rhyme.

For me, the yes and more is all in perception. Its immediately accessible, is an integral part of any town that serves as an actual "capital" city, such as Twin Peaks, Port Atlantis, Athena Spaceport, and perhaps even the Asteroid, so is a staple of any town, and its free, completely, at its most basic level. This is the most important part.

Anyone can participate.

At it's heart this plan is a vehicle for socialization. Put players in touch with one another on a competitive level. Bonds will develop.

It's those bonds more than anything else that encourage later depositing. People want to stay and spend time with their friend. That eventually translates into doing activities elsewhere in the world with them. And that is a likely deposit scenario.

If youre asking me, yes and more. Asking Kim, Im not sure.

Sorry, my mistake. I was asking Kim.

Though your idea sounds nice too and well thought out. I simply had no questions about it.

Sounds like a great idea...

Lovely to hear!

Bring in the WoW PvP reward system into Entropia!

:smoke:Now this i Like:cool:

I Think The Best way for this to be Used would be to have it like the WWE, But Wait nevermind lets try to just list some Features:

1. All of the Arenas on Calypso Link to One System
2. Have Fight Nights(or times) and Open Arena Nights(No Prizes)
3. Make a Buy-in to even get involved, Really Cheap Buy in like 1ped or 5ped
4. The Items People can Buy With these tokens should be like Gladiator Gear(Gear Strickly Used For these Fights or Whatever you guys Decide)
5. Add a Red Side and a Blue Side to the Arenas(This Would Allow For Automatic Set up of Fights)
A. On Each Side (or Just one Terminal) Could Be used to Make Fight Settings(1vs1, 2vs2, Death Match, Last man Standing or Royal Rumble)
B. Also since we have a Red and a Blue Side make a Yellow Side for use in Matches like: Last man Standing or Royal Rumble
6. With All The Arenas Linked to one system, it can be used to publicise the Weekly or Daily Champions for each location and Even Global Champions

This is a Really Good idea... Please Do this.. i would go back to Weekly Depo For this and im sure Others would to

-ILLz

If it will be free (no skills,no prizes) just shot shot shot,it would be awesome,otherwise I don`t interest in PvP

:smoke:Now this i Like:cool:

I Think The Best way for this to be Used would be to have it like the WWE, But Wait nevermind lets try to just list some Features:

1. All of the Arenas on Calypso Link to One System
2. Have Fight Nights(or times) and Open Arena Nights(No Prizes)
3. Make a Buy-in to even get involved, Really Cheap Buy in like 1ped or 5ped
4. The Items People can Buy With these tokens should be like Gladiator Gear(Gear Strickly Used For these Fights or Whatever you guys Decide)
5. Add a Red Side and a Blue Side to the Arenas(This Would Allow For Automatic Set up of Fights)
A. On Each Side (or Just one Terminal) Could Be used to Make Fight Settings(1vs1, 2vs2, Death Match, Last man Standing or Royal Rumble)
B. Also since we have a Red and a Blue Side make a Yellow Side for use in Matches like: Last man Standing or Royal Rumble
6. With All The Arenas Linked to one system, it can be used to publicise the Weekly or Daily Champions for each location and Even Global Champions

This is a Really Good idea... Please Do this.. i would go back to Weekly Depo For this and im sure Others would to

-ILLz

Ya Free Is Better.. Mainly i was goin for the Registration idea

No.

I'd suggest focusing on developing (or fixing) non-pvp aspects of the game that more players could enjoy throughout all of Entropia Universe, rather than just on Calypso.

Or, is MA only concerned about Calypso now? :scratch2:

I agree with this. Stop making new systems til you fix all the old ones first. Seems as MA is just trying to push them under the rug and have their sights set on nothing but PVP PVP PVP lately :banghead:

-Bemo-

I agree with this. Stop making new systems til you fix all the old ones first. Seems as MA is just trying to push them under the rug and have their sights set on nothing but PVP PVP PVP lately :banghead:

-Bemo-

one Sec im Loggin on to COD now (Call of Duty BO):smoke:

-Bemo-

Ok im Logged in on Call of Duty BO for the PC(Who Wants to Play:smoke:) i have it for the XBOX 360 Also and u know more are playin COD on that right Now than on the PC Version, But there is a Garranteed 4.4k Players Online Right now Shooting each other( And i dont have the Map PAcks on:rolleyes:) if i did there would be More.. The Point is( And i Respect the Vets of EU) But in order for Funds to Accomidate Alot of our Wishes, they have to go with the Trend.. i would like to see more other than just PvP myself Honestly i havnt been playin EU As much lately anyways, but MA Knows PVP is a Self-sustainable Money Maker.. Buy Guns, Buy Ammo and Shoot Sh!t that dont Loot, Expect to See More PvP even tho Space is enough By itself

Hello Kim,

It is great you ask! :)

Soo... We have already a team based system which is quite nice.. Go and destroy the opponents control centre..
But the game mode is not perfect, both teams are supposed to attack, making the fort event unplayable in small number of players and in general it makes the game little bit chaotic..

What it might make perfect is to create a stopwatch mode and make the game two rounds game with one team as attackers and one team as deffenders..

The stopwatch mode works as follows

Round 1

The game starts with let's say 20 minutes time limit for the round

Team A are attackers, team B deffenders..

Team A has these 20 minutes, they needs to destroy the control room and set the time

Lets say Team A destroy the control in 12 minutes

Round 2

Team B are now attackers and team A deffenders

Team B has 12 minutes to destroy the control center (time set by team A in first round)

If they succeed they won the game!!

(In case the team A won't set a time in round one it's called full hold for team B, and team B has 20 minutes in second round to destroy the room, if they do not suceed also its a draw)

With the stopwatch mode you open the possibility for creating a real tactics, and the fort events would be playable even like 3 vs 3 people...

Also we need a spawn times to make it really good, attacking team should have a respawn each 20 seconds, deffending team each 30 seconds.... This is to simply balance the whole thing ;)

Let me know what do you think about that, i have a big experience with competitive gaming.. I was involved in changing the games mechanics/ details for competitive playing... So i know what balancing means ;) And i can definitely give more details about this!!!

Hopefully you will like the idea and consider it as something to be done..

I would definitely start doing regular tournamets / leagues in several formats like 3vs3, 5vs5 or even 10vs10 etc.. If there will be a stop watch mode.

I like pvp too. But not in EU. If I want pvp I will play another game not this for that. They are trying to force stuff on the players and alot of them don't want it. They want the old systems back.

-Bemo-

go for it it good and you wont have to go to pvp4 to get items from pk :D

I like pvp too. But not in EU. If I want pvp I will play another game not this for that. They are trying to force stuff on the players and alot of them don't want it. They want the old systems back.

-Bemo-

And i Agree.. But what do you Think MA is Really Doing

I Mean it For real give me an Opinion

Are they:

(A) Lookin For Ways to Attract the New and Younger Crowd

Or

(B) Listening to Us (Space is Lootable Pvp OmG!! Change it)

Ok Lets Switch it up then

are they Trying to make New Attractions
Based on

(A) Statistics

or

(B) Our Wants (Meaning us Players)

We as EU Players Know the Deal As Vets of the Game
But for the Person or People Signing Up As we Speak they are The true Targets to please

to atract new players i think in the new starter area should have weapons that takes only 0.1 seconds to reload that will maybe make them stay a little longer because ypu can shoot slke a semi outo gun sort of?:scratch2::scratch2::yup::yup:

3-:eyecrazy:-2-:yup:-1:eyecrazy: BOOOOooooOOOooooooOOOoooM :laugh:

Its great that you work with the PK profession. And the Idea sounds great.

But maybe you should fix the problems PK already has first.

Its great that you work with the PK profession. And the Idea sounds great.

But maybe you should fix the problems PK already has first.

WHAT?! FIX?! No we need MOAR CONTENT! Who cares if it doesn't work correctly. We will just add new features to make people forget the fact that they are broken. :rolleyes:

-Bemo-

WHAT?! FIX?! No we need MOAR CONTENT! Who cares if it doesn't work correctly. We will just add new features to make people forget the fact that they are broken. :rolleyes:

-Bemo-
:lolup::lolup:

Forget PVP (specially lootable) + RCE!!! :mad::mad::mad:

How many percent of the playerbase is intrested or want to get involved in PK????

Im thinking of something abit more elaborate than the octagons, for example an underground umbranoid city where theres a large fighting pit or something along those lines.

Sounds like you need to bring back the Umbranoids first! :rolleyes:

Forget PVP (specially lootable) + RCE!!! :mad::mad::mad:

How many percent of the playerbase is intrested or want to get involved in PK????

I think you will be quite surprised by the outcome of that percentage.
There are way more people interested in (lootbable) PvP than you think.

I have a LOT of people on my friendslist and about 75% of them would fancy PvP every once in a while but they can't be bothered this moment because it's either crazy high level lootable PK'ing where you (can) lose a lot of PED or the octagon. Fort events are there but unfortunately they get kinda boring after a while :)

I've been playing around with the idea of building some kind of a competitive pvp arena system for Calypso where players could compete for PvP tokens that in turn could be used to purchase items. Is this something you would like to see and if so do you have any suggestions that could help?

Cheers

ofc we like that idea :yup:

but maybe diffrent areas ? one without vehicles ? ...

for some variants of fights :smoke:

I hope you all Realize that MA has done alot to make LOOTABLE zones tougher for pkers to take your loot. AS FOR SPACE? has anyone been up since update? I am not sure but IT IS SOO BIG good luck running into anyone except at Stations so you gotta be weary about that.

They basicly made MS more a target then a small quad you could fly for a day Straight through space and not run into one person AGAIN except at space stations.
So please They are tryin to do good in enlightening the mood towards PVP. It's a fun sport it's enjoyable and making it a style of a tournment sorta thing is SWEET and really good for the game.

So please don't burn MA for this they are trying really hard.

On Second note........
TOP QUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MA can make a Area Where we could setup Events *forts on asteroids * or something and we can QUAD IT UP!!!!!!!! and have ALot of fun see whot he best pker is with t aquad and perhaps people who are afraid of space get good at it?

anyways GL all and Keep up the great work MA :)

I love this game because of pvp, lootable pvp and i can say that there are players who joined EU to do PK only. So any new stuff related with pvp will be cool. How about iron misions jsut for pvp/lootable pvp zones? Or even iron mission for killing players in toxic zones! Would be cool :)
Btw, something like oil rig, but in lootable pvp would be much much more fun, just mabie without vechicles... Lets say a cave with 3-5 entries, where u can not use any car and tp chips. Would be ALOT of fun!

Hulk

I am no PKer but I do not mind it sometimes as long as it aint forced upon me :coffee:

This are all good ideas, but before we get new things again,
MA please bring back the old missed systems !

MindArk support is wasting his expensive time to review all support cases written by other mad or killed players in pvp zones to resolve their personal problems.

Kim will agree with me that all supports is wrote like it was some type of exploit.
1. hidding in estroyed vechile.
2. hiding in pitbull wheel.
3. killed jumbing out of plane
4. killed trough a vechile
5. i was in vechile and he killed me
6. recalled vechile with loot when i killed allmost all pitbull (10ped)
7. Big avatar head, small tanks - texture exploit ( Johny Rony Makarony dreams)

People is not prepared for normal pvp zone , because they do not have Rules to read for it.
By entering a Pvp zone and having a good pvp skills you have just one chance - to be most hated player in all server ( i believe star mercury stopped pvp'ing because tired to be banned for supports like ( He SAYD "Nib down").

I think that Mindark should Make a pvp RULES first and 1st rule should be : DO NOT WRITE SUPPORT IF YOU WAS LOOTED OR KILLED. And secont should be : DO NOT WRITE SUPPORT ABOUT PVP ZONE.

90 % of ppl is complaining about pvp when they where killed complaining not low skills but Entropia bugs or something. In most complains is word : vechiles.

I suggest :
1 . disable vechiles in pvp zones
2. make some point to be in pvp zone. Because now toxic is only one point why ppl is in pvp zone still. because there are no recourses left in pvp zone to claim ( pyrite is not popular) and no mobs to kill ( no point to kill low mu npc in lootable zone if you all time have to see what is behind you).

Ending post because need to work , bye

MindArk support is wasting his expensive time to review all support cases written by other mad or killed players in pvp zones to resolve their personal problems.

Kim will agree with me that all supports is wrote like it was some type of exploit.
1. hidding in estroyed vechile.
2. hiding in pitbull wheel.
3. killed jumbing out of plane
4. killed trough a vechile
5. i was in vechile and he killed me
6. recalled vechile with loot when i killed allmost all pitbull (10ped)
7. Big avatar head, small tanks - texture exploit ( Johny Rony Makarony dreams)

People is not prepared for normal pvp zone , because they do not have Rules to read for it.
By entering a Pvp zone and having a good pvp skills you have just one chance - to be most hated player in all server ( i believe star mercury stopped pvp'ing because tired to be banned for supports like ( He SAYD "Nib down").

I think that Mindark should Make a pvp RULES first and 1st rule should be : DO NOT WRITE SUPPORT IF YOU WAS LOOTED OR KILLED. And secont should be : DO NOT WRITE SUPPORT ABOUT PVP ZONE.

90 % of ppl is complaining about pvp when they where killed complaining not low skills but Entropia bugs or something. In most complains is word : vechiles.

I suggest :
1 . disable vechiles in pvp zones
2. make some point to be in pvp zone. Because now toxic is only one point why ppl is in pvp zone still. because there are no recourses left in pvp zone to claim ( pyrite is not popular) and no mobs to kill ( no point to kill low mu npc in lootable zone if you all time have to see what is behind you).

Ending post because need to work , bye

3 you just need to jump after the guy shooting him in the air
5 you simply need to aim well

This are all good ideas, but before we get new things again,
MA please bring back the old missed systems !

Remember that Kim is on the Calypso team, not the Platform team, and its the Platform team making the old systems

3 you just need to jump after the guy shooting him in the air
5 you simply need to aim well

Trust me m8, i know these things.
but trye to shoot that avatar and you will se how you will become an exploiter

(shooted with foxtrot one time, second with tango) and i was named tango reload bug exploiter

Back