Planet calypso content release 2011.3

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
PLANET CALYPSO CONTENT RELEASE 2011.3
2011-10-18

***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

NEW FEATURES

It is now possible for a single creature to have many different attacks to choose between when fighting a colonist. This includes area of effect attacks as well as attacks based on a percentage of the victims current HP. This will present an exiting new challenge for experienced colonists. For the time being this feature has only been enabled on the Rextelum.

It is now possible for missions to consume actual items, this makes it possible to have mission characters that can trade with player avatars.

Planet Calypso will start handing out "Missions Tokens" as rewards for the completion of most of the missions added from now on. The mission tokens are trade-able and can be used to purchase various items from mission NPCs. The items that can be bought with the tokens has no fixed token price. The number of tokens needed to buy an item can fluctuate with supply and demand.

RESETTLEMENT UPDATE

Three new areas have been discovered in the strait between Amethera and Eudoria, linking the two continents together.

Two new creatures have been found in the new areas, the Rextelum and the Traeskeron.

Many new missons have been implemented.

Daikiba's have once again been sighted near Port Atlantis.

The peninsula above Treasure Island has sunk into the sea.

A lot of new items are waiting to be discovered.

FIXED ISSUES

Added gun turrets to Minopolis.

KNOWN ISSUES

It is possible to fall through the floor at certain places in the Ringhorne.

Some visual issues may be experienced when teleporting to the Ringhorne.

Traeskerons sometimes drown in seemingly shallow water.

It is not possible to purchase the detectonator from the Marker Trader.

Originally Posted Here

Damn! Loved mining that penninsula! Oh well, things lost, things gained... ;)

Daikibas back at PA :) I love this! Actually missed those little cuties and can't wait to go find them.

Now, if only I could actually download the update instead of getting empty error box saying only that it could not update and to 'try again' or 'cancel'. Wish it would actually give me an error reason and maybe dump in a suggestion or two too :scratch2:

Rextelum?!?!

Tell me I'm not the only one who first thought this was a joke? :laugh:

Sounds too much like Rectum. :D

Well I got to be the first to see the Rextelum ingame and the westernmost island before crashing :laugh:

EDIT: And I hear things about Privateers and Motherships now being on-planet instead of in-space?

EDIT2: Erik Jay Jarman is the first colonist to discover Mission Token! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

EDIT3:

I would post more pics but I keep crashing... (first time cuz western island server went down, second cuz of RAM when entering the eastern one)

Last edited:
Nice!

Pk fun for everyone!

Complete Naglfars with turrets in stock - if someone needs :cool:

Maybe they drop colon armor :coffee: (yes that is how I shorten down colonizer)

any word on the size of the update yet? (hate being at work atm >.<)

So anybody discovered any new missions, yet, esp any iron mission chains?

So anybody discovered any new missions, yet, esp any iron mission chains?

I found a Robot digsite and got the mission to report to Conrad Christmas about it :wise:

(this is not a joke, that is the actual name)

Missions discovered:
Robot Digsite - Report to Conrad Christmas
Further Investigations - Investigate Robot Digsite (which you apparently do by destroying robots?)
Clearing the swamp - Kill 30 Gokibusagi
Mining on the Island - Find 5 ore finds
Something Fishy - Kill 70 RipperSnappers
The Radar - Find and Repair the radar in the western part of the island

Last edited:
YAY! The Daiks are back!

I think that says more about you than about the mob...because not everybody makes that connection....

YAY! The Daiks are back!

Yes and I have seen one, but I won't post pictures until I stop crashing :laugh:

EDIT: Even crashing from RAM loss at LOG IN now...

18 Oct 2011 09:09 UTC

PLANET CALYPSO CONTENT RELEASE 2011.3
2011-10-18
Planet Calypso will start handing out "Missions Tokens" as rewards for the completion of most of the missions added from now on. The mission tokens are trade-able and can be used to purchase various items from mission NPCs. The items that can be bought with the tokens has no fixed token price. The number of tokens needed to buy an item can fluctuate with supply and demand.

Will we be getting anything for the missions already completed?

new lootable pvp5 server :cool:

screenshot with attacking mothership planetside :yay:

crash after crash with message "not enough ram..."
Never had this before.

SO

Are the new missions only related to the new island?

No new iron challenge missions (yet)?

Will we be getting anything for the missions already completed?

Huh? The missions we already completed already gave us awards, why would we get a second round of awards? Missions that gave us novas should continue to give us novas, missions that gave us 100 ped TT of athletics should continue to give us that. So only new missions designed to give mission tokens (and not attributes or skill gains) should give mission tokens.

It is so very simple, really.

Missions discovered:
Robot Digsite - Report to Conrad Christmas
Further Investigations - Investigate Robot Digsite (which you apparently do by destroying robots?)
Clearing the swamp - Kill 30 Gokibusagi
Mining on the Island - Find 5 ore finds

I like where this is going :yay: A Goki iron mission chain would be very nice, any signs of it?

You have to destroy 50 robots, the area has everything from JamRaiders to Legionares at a fairly fast respawn rate and closest revive is 4-5 kilometers away so I'll do this some other time :rolleyes:

Just entered a small area of land surrounded by water on 80% of its sides, got the message "The Bull Pen" when entering but then... nothing? :confused: no map addition, no mission thing, no achievement, no wave spawn...

It is SE of Odysseus Landing, ya can not miss it :wise:

Huh? The missions we already completed already gave us awards, why would we get a second round of awards? Missions that gave us novas should continue to give us novas, missions that gave us 100 ped TT of athletics should continue to give us that. So only new missions designed to give mission tokens (and not attributes or skill gains) should give mission tokens.

It is so very simple, really.

I may have misread it, but I thought they meant all missions now give tokens, included those already in place.

Just entered a small area of land surrounded by water on 80% of its sides, got the message "The Bull Pen" when entering but then... nothing? :confused: no map addition, no mission thing, no achievement, no wave spawn...

It is SE of Odysseus Landing, ya can not miss it :wise:

It is one of four new wave spawners, they have a 3hr cooldown so someone probably flew over it and just left.

does anyone know yet , where to get the vaccine to enter pvp5 ?

Back