Mining protest! (open letter to MA)

dr3w

Elite
Society
Mine To Extract
Eve Damsel Online
Since massive banhammer (2011.05.06) and improvements in mining (simplifications), happened two horrible things:

1. Mining Towers is no Towers anymore, they look just like regular claims.

I don't see answers anywhere, will they return or not. Why they was removed? Because of "sneaky" players complains, who hidden themselves on tracker? They afraid if somebody will see their actions? Or Towers is in several months graphical improvement stage, will soon consists from hundreds thousands polygons, super-las-f-vegas textures and will spread their lights into space?

I saw thousands claims. Tower is a special thing. I don't care - gives it skills or not - I just want nice picture! Answer, please, - will be Towers back or not!

2. Due to *censored* tango-exploiters, reload of anything now "fixed", so you must wait to end of reload, and only after that you can get into vehicle.

Thank you. Thank you. I understand, you have much more important things to do. And from developers point of view - it's very simple and safe approach - just make it not only for weapons, but for any tools too. Just one hammer hit for anything. Is it was SO HARD to make exception just for tools? Or I can kill someone with my finder? I just think that devs can't distinct weapons from tools easily.

But what happened? Just to clarify: my mining speed didn't changed. My mining experience has.

I just love to fly. I love sightings of Calypso, there is new beautiful lands. I love to get globs and HOFs in midair, upon liftoff. Fly very low between trees (I playing from 1st mode of view always), sometimes hitting them, or too low, sometimes hitting ground, turning left or right, strafing. Mining on edges of mountains, on hard, steep surfaces. I love ACTION mining.

Now I almost falling asleep, waiting to my finder, when it's reload ends. Due to lousy implementation of VTOL-physics, sometimes even on FLAT surface it can't stand correct, it turns upside down. Before that "fix" I partially can prevent it, by climbing back in VTOL in any moment, thus, stabilizing it, and trying to land on different place.

Before "fix", I easily burned 400 PED of fuel per month. Now, since I flying twice less, I burning just 200. And I am not alone! It's YOUR money, MA!

------

What I will do:

I hit 3 towers in this year. I will hit more. Two my latest towers still stands. They will stand, and I will leave all next ones. When there will be enough towers in one area, I will start dragging them together, making letters. From letters I will make words.

And I will do that in any mineable worlds.

Great idea bro!

I also miss action mining, it gave me such a big adrenaline kick, drop bomb and fly vtol.. sick!.

Last time i had 50 towers standing on oyster island i started making a book! Had the first sentence made with thoose 50 towers, then i made another sentence on myrene island! (also had 50 towers there)!!!

Too bad towers are like normal claims now, not worth mining if i cant get that cool tower picture! Who cares about ped, its for noobs, for us pros only the picture and action mining counts :cool:

I really hope MA removes all mining claims. :mad:

The real miners don't need loot and to waste time extracting it. The pleasure is in dropping bombs and gaining skills.

:smoke:

PS: you should protest and not extract any of your claims!!!! Boycott!!!

I'd like to see towers returned to being "Towers" again, not personally had one yet, but aspire to get one some day, and I'd like them to look like they used to - something special.

I hope its because they are bugged and not that they are gone for good. Would be nice if Kim or Bjorn would comment on this. :)

Please bring back.....

:tower:

^ see how happy he looks?

Last edited:
Yeah, dear sarcastic guys - that game is only about greed!

Q: can you actually leave your tower there without extracting it?

Q: can you actually leave your tower there without extracting it?

1. Tower stays forever, until it not extracted fully.
2. Each pull gives from 4k+ upto 6k+ ped batch each 24h.
3. New batch doesn't start "prepare", until you got ready one.
4. A batch extracted from tower in one pull with any excavator.

There is some towers stays on Caly from long time ago, still.

hmm TOWER ... what a nice thing! ... Mining since over 6 year, more or less, and only have dreams about a tower. Im sure im one of the towerles players.

But i would love to se towers and not claims, if the day is coming and i get one.

Been playing for over 2 years now and haven't seen a tower yet, matter of fact I'm still looking for my 1K of anything. Being an infernal optimist I know when it comes it will come big.:D

im not a super miner, usued to mine when hunting loot are poor, i hitted a 4k+ durru and was " where issss my towaaaaaa" and nothing, just a claim

my first action was to search on internet the amount of tt which transforma claim in tower : 4k... damn so where is my tower ?

i tried to extract, no you cant, just wait 24h... WTF, i was happy to hit some peds but, so sad to not see my tower, maybe my first and last...

like getting a hof without sound and light... a sad hof

give us back plz !

Yeah towerzzz back MA!!...even better, towers back in my findings too!!!! :laugh:

It seems like we, the miners, all miss the TOWER. So, please give us this awesome little feature back, MA...

Using two tools at one time is a bug--> making the use of vtol and finder at the same time impossible was a bugfix and it will not be reimplented. But those finders could really work a bit faster...

And yes bring back that damn tower graphics ( i fear already it is the first step to remove towers completely and one day we have to drill out even 10-100 k Ped claims manually :eyecrazy: )

Using two tools at one time is a bug--> making the use of vtol and finder at the same time impossible was a bugfix and it will not be reimplented. But those finders could really work a bit faster...

It was Tango-exploit fix. Simply and low-cost. I never can use VTOL and finder same time. I understand, what you mean, though.

But I repeat - if there no PVP-whining about tango and reload - nobody would care about that.

And yes bring back that damn tower graphics ( i fear already it is the first step to remove towers completely and one day we have to drill out even 10-100 k Ped claims manually :eyecrazy: )

It's very strange steps. And no, towers will not be removed. Towers is a special stuff, besides of cool (in past) look. They capped to release batches from 4k+ to 6k+ in 24h. Actually, those amounts (even if it oil) can be drilled/mined way faster. That cap is to prevent possible actions of dumb idiots and for balance.

Give us towers Back
Give us Zooming Back
where is the joy now?

Yes, towers are special and we want the old look back. I agree. Totally. Completely. Without a doubt.

In fact, I would like to see different kinds of towers, ranging from say 2k uber claim minitowers, to gigantic 200 foot high towers for the XXV.

But, in comparison with other issues, is this that important?

No. Not at all. Insignificance approaching 0.

Last edited:
going on 6 years. 1000's of drops. never got a tower.

tell you what, i'll extract yours for you.....

where is my tower`?????

Yes, giv the towers back, plz!!!

The towers are beautiful. I love it. And I need also the mining claims. It is very simple, Firstly, I run dropping bombs (to same velocity, because my weight is same) and finally pick it up ores or matters from claims. I am a miner, and I prefer it on that way. Because it is better. We can have our preferred pattern of mining.

honestly, I do not understand why the game must be controled by some dudes who think they own all the fun.

Mindark give towers back!!... And please do not fool: DO NOT TOUCH OUR CLAIMS!!

going on 6 years. 1000's of drops. never got a tower.

tell you what, i'll extract yours for you.....

Half of comments is whine about "i din't get tower in a X years". Reality:

Favorite Mineral: Cumbriz Stone
Largest Find: 230 PED
Total Finds: 487 PED
Current rank (30 days): Na of 2119

Yes, towers are special and we want the old look back. I agree. Totally. Completely. Without a doubt.

In fact, I would like to see different kinds of towers, ranging from say 2k uber claim minitowers, to gigantic 200 foot high towers for the XXV.

But, in comparison with other issues, is this that important?

No. Not at all. Insignificance approaching 0.

For me it's important things. For someone - swirlies and zooming issues.

For most: "loot improvement".

What is important issue for you?

The towers are beautiful. I love it. And I need also the mining claims. It is very simple, Firstly, I run dropping bombs (to same velocity, because my weight is same) and finally pick it up ores or matters from claims. I am a miner, and I prefer it on that way. Because it is better. We can have our preferred pattern of mining.

honestly, I do not understand why the game must be controled by some dudes who think they own all the fun.

Mindark give towers back!!... And please do not fool: DO NOT TOUCH OUR CLAIMS!!

TBH, I don't get what you want. OK. Towers - understandable. But who is touching your claims?

TBH, I don't get what you want. OK. Towers - understandable. But who is touching your claims?

I read on your thread someone are asking that. And as you must remember, also some people asked to Mindark remove zoom from globals, And they said Mindark did, because we did not ask to Mindark for not remove zoom, with our support cases. -Better safe than sorry-.

I read on your thread someone are asking that. And as you must remember, also some people asked to Mindark remove zoom from globals, And they said Mindark did, because we did not ask to Mindark for not remove zoom, with our support cases. -Better safe than sorry-.

WTF, people, you all dunk now or what? What zoom? What claim removal? Who said that??

regarding: Mining towers

Dear Entopia Universe Participant,
Thank you for submitting your ticket regarding Claim Towers. As you know the Entropia Universe is an ever evolving dynamic experience. Unfortunatly it has come to our attention that a rare few of our participants where caught having fun with the appearence of these towers. As you know all fun has been removed from the game as of VU 9.3. We have removed these towers temporarily while the issue is under investigation. We appologise for any inconveinience this may cause. We assure you that swift action will be implemented against all in the Entropia Universe not abiding by our rules.

We will forward this item to our developement team in hopes they will laugh as hard as we did. With all the stress we are under keeping this fun thing in check it is much needed.

Thank you for your participation in the Entropia Universe. To insure faster action combatting issues be sure to depo more often.

Regards,
Support@ Mindark.se

Back