Question: Vaccine mission

Kombinator

Marauder
Society
CCCP
Velikii Komby Kombinator
Couple of questions

1) Where is there a decent spawn of sabakuma that is possible to grind for the damn goo parts
2) How many mobs need to be killed for the counter to reach 10 (seems that like 20% of the mobs count)

Couple of questions

1) Where is there a decent spawn of sabakuma that is possible to grind for the damn goo parts
2) How many mobs need to be killed for the counter to reach 10 (seems that like 20% of the mobs count)

Just do them inbetween the rex and aetherex ^^ If you don't have 10/10 when the others are done u can just fly, jump out, 1shot and so on.. It was pretty quick to get 10/10 of them. The 20/20 rex after that mission was a pain :( Used 1200ped turnover to close that one in. Could prolly get it done some faster if I took only small ones but only devastator drops outputs it seems :p

Going crazy meanwhile to find the guy who *gives* that mission....
All missions done on western Island, except the broken "BlackBox" and no brooker is talking to me anymore :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Going crazy meanwhile to find the guy who *gives* that mission....
All missions done on western Island, except the broken "BlackBox" and no brooker is talking to me anymore :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Broken blackbox? Have you been into the chopper and clicked the blackbox? I did that one yesterday and I had no problem completing it. You need to do it before the next step in the mission chain.

Broken blackbox? Have you been into the chopper and clicked the blackbox? I did that one yesterday and I had no problem completing it. You need to do it before the next step in the mission chain.

Thanks, have read in other thread that one doesn't work. Maybe thats my mistake :)

Stucked with finding the Helicopter :(
Tired of searchig now.

Seeing as I can't find a thread that really spells out the whole Vaccine mission effort, here is my attempt at a summary, along with some spoiler coords. I don't have down all the names of the different brokers, but they are all either in the Naval Base Triton, or at Jameson Reach. The ones at Triton you can get missions immediately. The ones at Jameson won't talk to you until you unlock them by doing prior missions. You will only be able to get input from one broker at a time at Jameson. (apologies for misspelling, trying to enter info quick before I go to work):

Do the Triton missions first, there is a hunting mission, mining mission and exploration mission for missing ship. There is also a mission from broker down on the docks, called Up the Road or such. Not sure if it is also a requirement, but takes about 30 seconds to do, so might as well do it now. After completing the "missing ship" mission, follow up is to get a water sample from the Oasis and return as quickly as possible. I have heard that for some people the water sample got "corrupted" and they had to repeat this one, sometimes a few times. Not sure if it is related to how fast you get back or not, but might factor in. Some TP'd back and had corrupted samples, another I know flew back in Slepnier and was okay.

After you complete all of those missions return to the hunter broker (the ninja suit one) he will now have a new mission that is to go to Jameson Reach and gives you a note to take.

Missing ship: ~399, 615

At Jameson, see the specified broker with the note and you get started on a series of missions. You have to move from broker to broker to get the next ones after completing each, I might have mixed up the order a bit, but will correct once I get home later. Most times there are no orange NPC dots at the locations you have to search out, so go by the coords and look around. Once you do a mission and return the same broker to complete, usually that broker is done and you have to go to each of the other brokers at Jameson to figure out who has been unlocked and now offers the next mission in the series. There are 3 brokers at the service center level, and one above on the cliff. The one above on the cliff is only for the very end.

Find missing tank: Tank coords - 36015, 60570, crawl around and click on tank until you get the mission completed message. Return to same broker.

Find black box/helicopter: Helicopter wreckage coords - 38660, 60360 - If you walk around the helicopter you will see the black box lying on the ground, click on it to get mission completed message. Return to same broker.

Kill the aetherex on the hilltop: coords provided in mission. Kill 20 Aetherex on each of two hilltops and return.

Find George: Coords - 36863, 59603 - Look around for a piece of wreckage, George is lying on the ground next to it. Click around until you get the mission step completed mission, return to same broker.

Collect perfect blood/goo/poison samples: - Pain in the butt, but you can hunt for Saba off island at any spawn on Calypso for example and still get credit. You don't see any samples in loot, it just increments the counter at random times for the sample/mob you are hunting. I had to kill about 20 Aetherex before my first sample, but then some came after only killing 1 or 2 more. I probably had to kill about 60-70 Aetherex, 30 Saba, and 50-60 Rextellum to get the 10 samples each. It's random though...and like I said, nothing shows in loot. In fact, I know for a fact I got a sample incremented on "no looters" when hunting Saba.

Collect 20 more poison samples: - First attempt fails, so you have to go back out and collect 20 poison samples from Rextellum. When you return with the samples, go to the broker up on the higher hill (Lys something?) Televator on the ground behind the service vehicle at Jameson to take you up to the level with a bunch of small structures, that broker and a bunch of soldiers. She will generate a new vaccine for you and administer it to you. It is permanent.

Drop down to the Major mission broker again and he will give you the Visit Middle Island mission. I haven't been able to figure out anything beyond that yet. Not sure anything is really working on the Middle Island. There are a couple structures in the NE (lighter area on the map). One is a teleporter up to the mothership that is firing on the volcano. Just walk into it. There are a number of soldier and other NPC both on the ground and up on the mothership, but none seem to be unlocked yet. At least you can get on the island and hunt/mine now though...have fun :)

Sorry for any inaccuracies & missing info, will try to be more complete later, but should answer most questions for the vaccine sequence. Overall I liked the extra dependencies they put into this series...little more hunting around to figure stuff out, although that extra 20 samples on Rex pissed me off :p

-Mack

P.S. Thanks to anyone who provided coords along the way ;)

P.P.S. Komby, or anyone else...feel free to grab this info and put in opening post. I'm really busy with work this weekend, so won't have time to go in and fill in the blanks (broker names and coords, proper mission names, proper sequence at Jamieson, etc), so if someone else has the time/desire to do it, that'd be great :)

Last edited:
jeah i collected the 10 sabakuma goo samples in like 3 minutes at the pit N of PA! :D

Yeah for most of the kill missions I went else where to complete it. Like tripudion, north of timbesha. I did the insect near zychion tp, where the diripi spawn in good numbers. Only the daikiba one didn't work cause of the blue marker :(.

Friggin stupid to have random element to sample collection. Why not just make it 100 of each or whatever so at least you know where you stand.

Friggin stupid to have random element to sample collection. Why not just make it 100 of each or whatever so at least you know where you stand.

MA make more money this way ;)

Wistrel

Seeing...

Find George: Coords - 36870, 59600 - Look around for a piece of wreckage, George is lying on the ground next to it. Click around until you get the mission step completed mission, return to same broker.

I activated quest, but can't find George at those ccords, can anyone help me pls?

I activated quest, but can't find George at those ccords, can anyone help me pls?

It's at the broken Hovercraft at Oasis. Body of George is lying direct beside the Hovervraft. Hovercraft is between the trees, near water at southwest of Oasis.

Tyvvvvvvvm

Dunno why i didn't see it before, anyway perfect cords are:
Calypso (36863, 59603, 127)

Last edited:
Completed the mission to enter the Volcano .. just another dead end .. though I scored 4 tokens after collecting the 25 meat to feed the troops .. woot.

Bones

Completed the mission to enter the Volcano .. just another dead end .. though I scored 4 tokens after collecting the 25 meat to feed the troops .. woot.

Bones

So you have done this mission and killed 25 creatures on volcano island? Or did you have to kill more to get the meat like the 10/10 or 20/20 mission before?

To complete volcano mission u just have to go to volcano island (and made before vaccine mission ofc)

Then go NE to the ligh area and talk to oalf, then take the tp to MS and talk to captain

He ask you to find an hidden entrance to the volcano (the belly).

I stuck here, cant find the hidden entreance

To complete volcano mission u just have to go to volcano island (and made before vaccine mission ofc)

Then go NE to the ligh area and talk to oalf, then take the tp to MS and talk to captain

Talk to the other guy on MS *after* you received the "Belly of the Beast" mission and you will get another mission too.

So you have done this mission and killed 25 creatures on volcano island? Or did you have to kill more to get the meat like the 10/10 or 20/20 mission before?

Its a counter similar to the mission with the Rex/Aetherex/Saba .. it takes considerably more than 25 kills to get the meats needed.

Bones

The cave is at Calypso 45268, 61497 :cool:

Bones

Yep, pretty disappointed with 4 tokens after that one..... time to stop these missions for sure. What a waste. This was a lot worse than collecting for the vaccine. Back to iron man ones.....

Yep, pretty disappointed with 4 tokens after that one..... time to stop these missions for sure. What a waste. This was a lot worse than collecting for the vaccine. Back to iron man ones.....

Yup, I agree there.
I hope this is not the end of iron challenge now, the tokens barely seem worth it to me.

I do however like the new mobs and story line, just the rewards are crap :)
Spent a fortune to get just 90 odd tokens.
Would rather buy some gear from auction :)

FYI, collecting meat is repeatable :)

Try to think of it more as a bonus, if you were hunting normally without doing the mission you would only get the normal loot. It is also likely that the mission tokens will have a nice markup value once I put in some more interesting items on the token trader.

Try to think of it more as a bonus, if you were hunting normally without doing the mission you would only get the normal loot. It is also likely that the mission tokens will have a nice markup value once I put in some more interesting items on the token trader.

Then don't call them missions. Missions within a successful RPG platform are a stepping stone to an ultimate goal.

No one in their right mind would hunt those mobs as part of any goal, so it is definitely not 'just a bonus'. The only reason people will do these is because they think, *think* that it behaves as a mission does in normal games i.e. "progresses a storyline, allows a new ability, does something cool"

1.2 ped worth of tokens (current reward system values a token @ 30pec max) to hunt mobs people hate? Seriously? It cost me more than that just to fly to to guy giving the damn mission.

While we're on the subject, you couldn't have put different mobs on other areas of the island at all, instead of just using the clone brush over 4km²?

It's reasons like these that people say "I wish you would fix what's broken first" and "Please keep half-assed attempts on the drawing board"

More Morrowind/Elder Scrolls Cut-paste, less attempting 'new' stuff (or copy any other successful franchise's mission structure, but ES is the best)

Vaccine mission was in the right direction (though dull), there just needs to be a lot more, and a lot less broken.

what nice markup? that they are more expensive to buy then to just buy the traders items? hence its better to sell them.

why aren't those 'interesting' items in there already?

and WHY do you give the items not even full tt? so i got a angel part 29ped in stead of 33ped tt, i see this as a sleezy greedy move of MA, in stead of showing ur greed why not have the trader ask for more tokens?
4ped missing out of 33, roughly 15% , 125tokens + 15% = like 140-145tokens , for a full tt item and no one would have been the wiser on how fucking greedy you are.

Back