Question: Soc Administration

Cavadus

Young
Society
47th I.E.F.
Gaius Cavadus Cavadus
So a handful of guild members and myself decided to start playing EU last week. After a few days I went ahead to the soc terminal and decided to create our soc.

Under the "Full Name" I entered the full name. Under the "Abbreviation" I entered the abbreviation.

I naturally assumed that the abbreviation was what would be used for the actual guild tag but that's the "full name".

After fumbling around in the interface for awhile I couldn't find an option to change "full name" which meant our guild tag was insanely long.

Is there any way to alter the soc "full name" after creation?

I ended up just disbanding it about ten minutes after creation and that cooldown should finally go through tomorrow night but any info for the future would be appreciated.

Yes there is a way, once the soc is legit you can change the name on the top right side of the interface, it will take a few days to change. Patience is the key :)

Can I change the rank system used as well?

yes you can.

So I got the 5 members needed into my society and all setup. How long will it take for my society to be "qualified" and go permanent?

It certainly isn't instant :-\

So I got the 5 members needed into my society and all setup. How long will it take for my society to be "qualified" and go permanent?

It certainly isn't instant :-\

Society terminal updates itself every 24 hrs

Edit: Nevermind, I got it figured it out. Thanks for all of the help everyone :)

Last edited:
Okay, last question before I just disband and start over because this is getting a little frustrating.

Checked the society just now and it went permanent. I still can't change the rank structure or society name.

Does it take like days and days for this stuff to be editable after going permanent or something?

Maybe s/shots from the other people in this thread can help you of where things should be.

So I changed my soc's pending name on 01 NOV 2011 and it still hasn't updated the "Full Name".

Does changing the "pending name" ever change the "Full Name"?

Did I do something wrong? It's been a week and the name still hasn't changed. I'm about ready to just disband it and start over.

You understand that the soc. names have to be verified by a person? because of offensive names etc.

Patience is very important attribute for a EU player!
[FONT=arial, sans-serif][/FONT];)

You understand that the soc. names have to be verified by a person? because of offensive names etc.

Patience is very important attribute for a EU player!;)

Okay, so changing the pending name will also change the full name. Got it.

Ugh, this has taken forever. I would have been better off to just disband and reform it when I first started, lol.

Back