Become a citizen of Planet Calypso!

There is one thing about the coming houses/building-system... in the news they
mention this:

Land Lot Deed holders will be able to build house(s) on the plot(s) they have staked out.
(Minimum of 9 plots in a 3x3 format suitable for a structure).
This system development is scheduled to begin in 2013.

Does it mean the development of the system is 2013, and will arrive
around 2013-2015, or will the system be ready to be used in 2013?

ahh, the irony of it all... :smoke:

J.

Rofl, I would already be happy if I would loot any decent L stuff or some med level uL gear.
But even this seems to be impossible for me to loot.

you know what to do if you want to have more fun... :girl:

J.

Exactly.

If you once notice that a $100 deposit a week can´t bring you close to UBER class, because you simply can´t afford that $20k to buy a ModFAP and the need of another $10k for a nice UBER gun, and there is absolutely no way to loot it anywhere yourself, without having it already (Hydra), then its easy to just say f... you, thats nothing for me!

This is not really the fault of resellers though, its the MA balancing team (if they have one) being asleep at the wheel.

This is not really the fault of resellers though, its the MA balancing team (if they have one) being asleep at the wheel.

Yeah, actually the same as they can add the new stuff to the auction, they could remove it just by buying it...nice theory, who knows it's true or not...

Q. When will Land Lot deedholders begin receiving revenue share payments?
A. Revenue share payments are planned to begin distribution on Dec. 5, 2011.
[/B]

I would like a little clarification on the first revenue share payments. Will the first dividends be based on the revenue generated from the week ending on Dec. 4th? (Or maybe for the past month since the beginning of when deeds started being sold? Or perhaps revenue will start to be generated on the 5th so that the first payout occurs on the 12th?)

Last edited:
I think the shares will be calculated by the revenue of the last year.
So it would be the first week of Dec 2010.

I think the shares will be calculated by the revenue of the last year.
So it would be the first week of Dec 2010.

That cant possibly be true...

My guess is either system goes live Dec 5th and we get our first payout the following week or the system goes live on Nov 28th and we get the payout on Dec 5th ...

But since they say revenue share payments will begin on Dec 5th my guess is we will see the first money roll in on Dec 5th

That cant possibly be true...

My guess is either system goes live Dec 5th and we get our first payout the following week or the system goes live on Nov 28th and we get the payout on Dec 5th ...

But since they say revenue share payments will begin on Dec 5th my guess is we will see the first money roll in on Dec 5th

Sry... I messed up the Info from the Q/A section about ROI:

Q. What is the expected yearly return on investment (ROI) of a Land Lot deed?
A. Based on Planet Calypso’s performance over the last 12 months, expected ROI is between 27% and 30% per year. The actual revenue share paid to deedholders may be higher or lower than this, depending on the amount of activity on Planet Calypso in the future.

I would like a little clarification on the first revenue share payments. Will the first dividends will be based on the revenue generated from the week ending on Dec. 4th? (Maybe for the past month since the beginning of when deeds started being sold? Or perhaps revenue will start to be generated on the 5th so that the first payout occurs on the 12th?)

This is something MA have so far not said. They may not even say when they make the first payment.

What they have implied (but not actually said), is that the payment amount will be based on the preceding week's Revenue, but this would doubtless lead to fluctuations, even if it were possible in accounting terms. So they might choose to use the preceding month, or quarter, to base their payments on.

I doubt if they will use a yearly basis, that would lead to too much lag between performance and payment.

so... i'm going to have to purchase 9 deeds atleast to build a house? i would think 1 deed would cover enough land for a decent sized house, plus a backyard, frontyard, garage, and shed.
1 deed represents a plot of 10 x 10 m. An average house like those around Atlas Haven is ~30m x 30m including the land (there is a button Visualize in the estate terminals which will draw the bounds in the air around the estate, then you just write down coordinates of the corners and calculate), so the need of 9 deeds sounds reasonable.

so... i'm going to have to purchase 9 deeds atleast to build a house? i would think 1 deed would cover enough land for a decent sized house, plus a backyard, frontyard, garage, and shed.

Go to Chugs and check the terminal building there (gray with some camo net and such on ya know?)...

Those are 15x10 meters of indoor space (not counting the porch thingy on the outside then) so probably 20x15 meters or so in total... so would need 2-4 deeds to fit one of those alone and they are not really that big :silly2:

I once read that 30% of a city's land is taken up by transport infrastructure. If the plan is, as I suspect, to create sprawling urban settlements then perhaps the 3 x 3 (30m x 30m) is a requirement to allow for buildings and space for roads.

Moving on, a question I have for any in-the-know MA representative:

If this sort of citizenship scheme is available to all planet partners to implement as they see fit, would it be correct to say that the holder of a deed for Calypso would not be allowed to purchase deeds on other planets, if/when they become available?

If this sort of citizenship scheme is available to all planet partners to implement as they see fit, would it be correct to say that the holder of a deed for Calypso would not be allowed to purchase deeds on other planets, if/when they become available?

MA already said the planets will have to get a certain income/playerbase/something before they are allowed to release deeds, and as PPs are not allowed to have non-official avatars ingame and I assume the official avatars are heavily monitored and for official business (and testing) only I would assume there would be no way to buy deeds for them, or...? :dunno:

EDIT: Seems I misread the question, sorry :silly2:

Last edited:
I once read that 30% of a city's land is taken up by transport infrastructure. If the plan is, as I suspect, to create sprawling urban settlements then perhaps the 3 x 3 (30m x 30m) is a requirement to allow for buildings and space for roads.Moving on, a question I have for any in-the-know MA representative:If this sort of citizenship scheme is available to all planet partners to implement as they see fit, would it be correct to say that the holder of a deed for Calypso would not be allowed to purchase deeds on other planets, if/when they become available?
They are tradeable, so u can own any deeds from any planet.RgdsAce

I fail to see the logic behind such a restriction?

1 deed represents a plot of 10 x 10 m. An average house like those around Atlas Haven is ~30m x 30m including the land (there is a button Visualize in the estate terminals which will draw the bounds in the air around the estate, then you just write down coordinates of the corners and calculate), so the need of 9 deeds sounds reasonable.

I read the initial release and I could have sworn that one deed represents 100m X 100m plot of land - I even went so far as to go out and drop an animal hide in the 4 corners of a 100 X 100 m plot of land to see how big it actualy was - and I can say with certainty, that the cabin I currently own in South Echidna, would fit with lots of room in a single 100 X 100 m lot deed.

That being said, who wants to build a house that close to your neighbour? I would rather have lots of land around it - preferably with a forest so I can't see or hear my neighbours. :)

XZC

EDIT: Ok after re-reading it it says 100 square meters - but I could have sworn I saw it printed as 100mX100m somewhere...will keep looking

Last edited:
EDIT: Ok after re-reading it it says 100 square meters - but I could have sworn I saw it printed as 100mX100m somewhere...will keep looking

most likely here on forum and from somebody else who misread it.

I fail to see the logic behind such a restriction?
As all planet partners are supposed to find their own player base I can't imagine MA wanting the same people buying up deeds from different planets. Besides, citizenship of a single country (or in EU, planet) is usually held by an individual (or in EU, avatar). Exceptions can arise in real life because someone has parents from different countries. In EU, no avatar has a parent avatar.

Anyway, my original question stands. Curious about the answer.

Everybody keeps saying this was a smart move by MA. Well my opinion is that too many bad decisions took them here.
I personally think the real economy is great, the chance to get something of value exites me. Too bad MA's greed and arrogance messed it up. They say that they have 1 million players, yeah right. Go to entropia tracker and look how many registred hunters/miners/crafters u have.
Im extremely glad i left Calypso, planet Arkadia is so much better and they dont plan to do a sell out like Calypso.
Im thinking this is blackmailing to some of the players, look at the ubers that have more than 100k PED's invested. If they dont buy the "shares" the game may go bankrupt and they loose all there toys and skill value. So Calypso will probably sell their shares quite easily.

Last edited:
It is a smart move from MA.
But next move is in our hands.
To continue to play.
To try get more newcomers.
To help newcomers.

Everybody keeps saying this was a smart move by MA. Well my opinion is that too many bad decisions took them here.
I personally think the real economy is great, the chance to get something of value exites me. Too bad MA's greed and arrogance messed it up. They say that they have 1 million players, yeah right. Go to entropia tracker and look how many registred hunters/miners/crafters u have.
Im extremely glad i left Calypso, planet Arkadia is so much better and they dont plan to do a sell out like Calypso.
Im thinking this is blackmailing to some of the players, look at the ubers that have more than 100k PED's invested. If they dont buy the "shares" the game may go bankrupt and they loose all there toys and skill value. So Calypso will probably sell their shares quite easily.

its not Calypso selling shares, its MindArk selling part of the revenue stream from calypso.

if sale goes bad MindArk looses, if MindArk looses you loose even if you are on Arkadia.

To continue to play.
To help newcomers.

Yes, lets make Entropia again a great place.

To continue to play.
To help newcomers.

Nothing quite like putting the responsibility for Calypso's success on the players, eh? :cool:

To the naysayers:

If you honestly think the game is in trouble - cash out now. While you still can. But while you're here talking and your items are losing value by the minute, let me say that I strongly disagree with you. Though MindArk has alot of development to do in order to keep the game current, there are a few very good things in EU's favor.
  • Longstanding Player Base - EU has a longstanding group of very loyal players who aggressively promote the product.
  • Franchise System - EU is based off a franchise model. One planet = 1 franchise. Just because 1 Burger King closes does not mean the entire chain suffers.
  • Proven development success - EU has successfully transitioned their game engine from an outdated engine to something acknowledged as an industry hallmark. This is something no other MMO developer has come close to doing.
  • Working Proof of Concept - Even if EU started to fail MA could sell all of the company to another investor interested in working a different angle on the same project. EU works, even if some folks doubt MA.
  • Planet Toulan - The only Arab MMORPG in existence is being developed in Entropia Universe. This isnt like Arkadia, trying to put a western game into a saturated Asian market, or Next Island, taking the western idea of Utopia and creating a MMORPG about it. Its not even Rocktropia, a marketing machine driven by popular appeal. This is a whole culture who until now has not been represented at all in mainstream MMORPG culture. How many new players will this bring in just by that fact alone?
  • Real Assets. MA has a rather respectable chunk of real assets that can be used to keep the company afloat in tough times.
Doom and gloom all you want. You're ignoring the obvious. It's not whether the shares will be successful. It's how successful will the shares be.

Well Ermik Im well aware of that Arkadia will go down as well.
Ive already sold all my valuable gear.
Im not so sure its a smart move, its more a desperate move by MA.
About the longstanding player base, is not that big and it gets smaller day by day at the same time MA squeezes more peds from the players. I doesnt look smart to me.
It would be smarter if we actually had 1 million gamers here that deposits around 500 peds per month instead of 1000 players that deposit 3000 peds per month.
I will be here until the end, I hope that the game will last alot longer, but im not so sure anymore.

To the naysayers:

If you honestly think the game is in trouble - cash out now. While you still can. But while you're here talking and your items are losing value by the minute, let me say that I strongly disagree with you.

Why are items losing value? :scratch2:

Interesting list, comments below in red... discuss?

Though MindArk has alot of development to do in order to keep the game current, there are a few very good things in EU's favor.
  • Longstanding Player Base - EU has a longstanding group of very loyal players who aggressively promote the product. Who is promoting it, and where?!?
  • Franchise System - EU is based off a franchise model. One planet = 1 franchise. Just because 1 Burger King closes does not mean the entire chain suffers. Would you agree that currently Calypso is THE biggest money maker (in terms of revenue) for MindArk? Don't you think if Calypso closed, that would indeed GREATLY affect the entire platform?!?
  • Proven development success - EU has successfully transitioned their game engine from an outdated engine to something acknowledged as an industry hallmark. This is something no other MMO developer has come close to doing. Yes, after several delays, MA finally transitioned to CE2 two years ago, but... are they even utilizing it to it's fullest potential? Also, isn't CE4 already out?
  • Working Proof of Concept - Even if EU started to fail MA could sell all of the company to another investor interested in working a different angle on the same project. EU works, even if some folks doubt MA. Very big assumption on your part that an investor would purchase this project it if failed...
  • Planet Toulan - The only Arab MMORPG in existence is being developed in Entropia Universe. This isnt like Arkadia, trying to put a western game into a saturated Asian market, or Next Island, taking the western idea of Utopia and creating a MMORPG about it. Its not even Rocktropia, a marketing machine driven by popular appeal. This is a whole culture who until now has not been represented at all in mainstream MMORPG culture. How many new players will this bring in just by that fact alone? I wouldn't recommend including a planet in the mix until it actually launches, a la Planet Michael...
  • Real Assets. MA has a rather respectable chunk of real assets that can be used to keep the company afloat in tough times. Yes, yes!!! Sell the castle!!! :wise:

EU doesn't have the best engine/graphics among MMOs.... That is a stupid thing to say :))

its not Calypso selling shares, its MindArk selling part of the revenue stream from calypso.

Dont know if its typo from your part or you misunderstood but MA is only supplying the deeds function. The PP(AP) is the one selling us their GR in peds. How the 6M from the sale will be split up between the PP and MA is unknown.

Yes, after several delays, MA finally transitioned to CE2 two years ago, but... are they even utilizing it to it's fullest potential? Also, isn't CE4 already out?

1) CE3 is out, not CE4.
2) CE3 is basically CE2 with some easier development tools and an optimization so it can be supported by consoles, not just PCs, from what I understand.
3) Considering the problems people claim to have running EU already... using full potential would suck for them I guess :rolleyes:
4) The game is already very good looking, at least most places, if you play in High (which I can do with no problems whatsoever on a 2.5 year old medium budget computer, most of the time)

player base, is not that big and it gets smaller day by day

Do you have any proof of that? I see more people coming back now than before (even though it seems the game may have become more expensive).

Back