Status

Lucky Seven

Guardian
Society
Black Angels Evolution
Johnny Lucky Seven
Pro Mentor offering his services
(Currently ranked in top 7 mentors)

I am an experienced mentor who has about 25 disciples that have completed and still play this game.
I am not in some uber society, my soicety accepts players from all levels, so new disciples/players are welcome to join.

I am a 6 year vet who has done 99% of what your can do in this game. I have been a high level crafter/miner and hunter. I started out as a trader and can show you how to "work" in game.

Most importantly- I play this game probably 8 hours a day on average. I will be online to anwser your questions.!
This is the thing that a disciple needs the most.

I offer the best advice in the game - but I do not offer PED. Im not a tour guide! Remember your asking for my help, but Im not here to fund or play the game for you.

I can show u how to grad for around 300 ped, not the 3000 ped method most of these "mentors" use. I dont need to offer my disciples ped, any mentor who does is just totally failing as a mentor.

If u want my help either add me as a mentor and pm me in game, or you can message me on this forum.

Good Luck! - Johnny Lucky Seven

Last edited:
Im now ranked #4 on mentor register with 9 grads. - method is working and saving my disciples tons of ped and time.

Who will be next?

Still showing new players the fastest and cheapest way to grad - unlike any of the mentors on this forum.

You can go with the best, or fail like the rest - up 2 u. :eyecrazy:

Still showing new players the fastest and cheapest way to grad - unlike any of the mentors on this forum.

You can go with the best, or fail like the rest - up 2 u. :eyecrazy:

300 peds sounds expensive to me though? Maybe you should point out that it is 300 ped turnover you are talking about (at least i hope you do).

If u look at the other mentor posts - most state you will have to cycle between 3K and 5K to grad. Compared to cycling 300 ped using my method.

Not only that but my disciples grad in about 15 hours of gameplay, compared to several weeks using the standard method.

If u look at the other mentor posts - most state you will have to cycle between 3K and 5K to grad. Compared to cycling 300 ped using my method.

Not only that but my disciples grad in about 15 hours of gameplay, compared to several weeks using the standard method.

The way have worded it (at first glance) makes it look like you are charging 300 ped to mentor people :)

Hey all,

mentoring is back! At first i decided to become a disciple myself to get to know what i send my disciples through. Here are my first impressions after 20% skill progress in 1 day:

- First and foremost mentoring consists of 4 actions: 1. You need to accumulate a certain ammount of skills to get your skill progress to 100%. 2. You need to team up with your mentor and in this team you need to kill and loot one mob. 3. You need to find a mining claim and completely extract it. 4. You need to craft 1 item. The last 3 are also crucial for graduating disciples you still got on your list from pre VU10.

- Besides that mentoring is pretty much the same as before.

- Everybody who has higher skills than you can mentor you. It seems that total skill value counts in this. So everybody but the top skilled player of EU can become a disciple again.

- The estimated turnover to graduate seems to be somewhere around 5k ped for me. I cycled 1k ped (only ammo, sword tt and probes counted! No defence costs included) to gain 20% of skillprogress. I wonder if this is different on different levels of gameplay. But i dont think so.

- All skills are accumulative for the skill progress. Besides doing handgun hunting i also did some enmatter mining and longsword hunting. That raised my skill progress bar too but in different, slower rates (even though my skills in these are significantly smaller than in HG). It seems like dmg/sec respectively peds cycled are the ratio to determine how quickly you progress.

Heres an example of a clueless mentor. No offense, everyone has to start somewhere, and at least the guy is doing his best to help new players. But 5K ped cycled? Man I bet that takes a long time. Also, if u are a new player this process goes much faster than a mid level player, simply because it takes u longer to gain the necessary skill points.

I simply have more knowledge about the process than 99% of the game.

No offense
thats good for players with experience
New commers are not all pleased with putting money right away
and with 15hours they wont learn everything from the game.

Least they'd care is to graduate, they want to know the game.
And thats my duty as mentor, and everyone.
Is to take the needed time to teach a disciple whatever you find relevant and needed to be a player not for the day, but for as long as he likes to play

Last edited:
No offense
thats good for players with experience
New commers are not all pleased with putting money right away
and with 15hours they wont learn everything from the game.

Least they'd care is to graduate, they want to know the game.
And thats my duty as mentor, and everyone.
Is to take the needed time to teach a disciple whatever you find relevant and needed to be a player not for the day, but for as long as he likes to play

LOL - really?

Well the last thing u want to do with a brand new player is teach them how to speed grad. I have been a mentor for 6 years, I know exactly what Im doing and really dont need mentoring advice. I can teach most beginners all they need to know in about a hour.
Mentoring isnt a one time deal, its a constant process, even after your disciple grads, your still thier mentor.

LOL - really?

Well the last thing u want to do with a brand new player is teach them how to speed grad. I have been a mentor for 6 years, I know exactly what Im doing and really dont need mentoring advice. I can teach most beginners all they need to know in about a hour.
Mentoring isnt a one time deal, its a constant process, even after your disciple grads, your still thier mentor.

Forcing your disciple to graduate faster than others makes it quite obvious the goal if the mentoring process is continued?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...azing-mentor&p=2827192&highlight=#post2827192

Great initiative!
I'll make sure to send any new player with masochistic tendency i'll meet to you. :whip:

Btw, what on Calypso could make you think a 15 hour discipleship is a desirable goal?

My attitude towards disciples is well documented, many of them call me master.
Im not here to give u a handy or be a tour guide. Im here to offer the best info for disciples in game. I dont do this because I love people I meet in game, I do it as a job. I will use whatever methods I choose to achieve this goal.

The speed grad is a disirable goal - adjusted pixie allows the players a much larger range of mobs to kill. I mean why would u not want to grad ASAP?

Or could it just be that all you know doesn't talk longer then an hour to tell.

Haha. good one. Yes a lack of knowledge is why Im on the leader board and your not.

I guess I just know more than you do.

The speed grad is a disirable goal - adjusted pixie allows the players a much larger range of mobs to kill. I mean why would u not want to grad ASAP?

And here you already revealed your incompetence in mentoring few hour old EU players.

Haha. good one. Yes a lack of knowledge is why Im on the leader board and your not.

I guess I just know more than you do.

Sayin this to Leona is quite offensive being me the reader,
I been playing for a bit over 4 years now
I never deposited a cent, Im mentoring some new people trying to teach them what I can if they show the will.

If it wasnt for leona teaching me a lot of stuff i know actually I wouldnt prolly be playing at all.
He's one of the most respected members in the comunity from my point of view.
Quite sad to see something be said like that but oh well ...

LOL - really?

So your point is?

Sayin this to Leona is quite offensive being me the reader,
I been playing for a bit over 4 years now
I never deposited a cent, Im mentoring some new people trying to teach them what I can if they show the will.

If it wasnt for leona teaching me a lot of stuff i know actually I wouldnt prolly be playing at all.
He's one of the most respected members in the comunity from my point of view.
Quite sad to see something be said like that but oh well ...

Well, good for you!

And there is the possibility that Leona knows some things about this game that I dont. But he dosent know how to speed grad, hence I have a huge advantage as a mentor.

And there is the possibility that Leona knows some things about this game that I dont. But he dosent know how to speed grad, hence I have a huge advantage as a mentor.

Lol any newcomer with 0 skills will finish in 15 hours shooting puny mobs. Don't act like you're something special, or that you have some special knowledge.

My method does not involve shooting punys omg, seriously?

U would have ur disciple hunt punys all the way to lvl 12?

I think they would quit and never play again if u did that 2 them.

Why? Simple. Because the goal of discipleship is to learn about entropia, not to get adjusted pixie.

You can't learn everything you need to know about entropia in an hour, or in 15 hours of heavy skilling, and I think to advertise that is a bit misleading to potential disciples.

Ur So Full of........Good Advice

He he he. you not all the bad. I may not have taken u as my mentor, but i've enjoyed your advice that u gave me in game. Hell i woulda taken u as a mentor if i wasn't already 73% done. *btw 73% took me 3 days of 4 hours a day, and cost me 5 ped.* i bought a sword and my mentor gives me the repair money for it. in exchange he gets the loot. so sorta free hunt but not really.

I just wanted to say, keep it up my man, and also, to all u assholes out there who claim to be "mentors" but in fact are scammers, FORGET YOU! *use dirty version*

Why? Simple. Because the goal of discipleship is to learn about entropia, not to get adjusted pixie.

You can't learn everything you need to know about entropia in an hour, or in 15 hours of heavy skilling, and I think to advertise that is a bit misleading to potential disciples.

And I never advertised that, what I did say was

LOL - really?

Maybe this makes it a little clearer for you.

I'm sorta drowning

I know this is the wrong forum for this question, but i'm short on bandwith atm. My question is what is CFD that i'm seeing under everyone's little avatar thingy?

THanks to whoever answers this.

Calypso Forum dollars?

Used to be able to buy tags for your forum avatar with them.

Heres an example of a clueless mentor. No offense, everyone has to start somewhere, and at least the guy is doing his best to help new players. But 5K ped cycled? Man I bet that takes a long time. Also, if u are a new player this process goes much faster than a mid level player, simply because it takes u longer to gain the necessary skill points.

I simply have more knowledge about the process than 99% of the game.

pfff.. Mentoring has been around like 4 weeks? and you graduated 9 disciples already? that means you probably have your mentorlist full of disciples.. like 20 at the same time. So how much time do you spend teaching your individual disciples.. ???

Furthermore you can't read.. Parlog is talking about his own progression as a mid/high level player. " I cycled 1k ped (only ammo, sword tt and probes counted! No defence costs included) to gain 20% of skillprogress. "
We're talking mentoring for experienced players here. Parlog has a track record for delivering players with a positive view towards the universe and many of them are still playing today.

Thirdly In the old system I mentored players with no ped at all.. they played totally for free. So do I claim you are clueless? Not at all. I just think you should think before you try to bash someone else.

oww ofcourse I'm partly posting this because he's my soc leader.. wouldn't you?

pfff.. Mentoring has been around like 4 weeks? and you graduated 9 disciples already? that means you probably have your mentorlist full of disciples.. like 20 at the same time. So how much time do you spend teaching your individual disciples.. ???

Furthermore you can't read.. Parlog is talking about his own progression as a mid/high level player. " I cycled 1k ped (only ammo, sword tt and probes counted! No defence costs included) to gain 20% of skillprogress. "
We're talking mentoring for experienced players here. Parlog has a track record for delivering players with a positive view towards the universe and many of them are still playing today.

Thirdly In the old system I mentored players with no ped at all.. they played totally for free. So do I claim you are clueless? Not at all. I just think you should think before you try to bash someone else.

oww ofcourse I'm partly posting this because he's my soc leader.. wouldn't you?

Well, it may have been a little jab, followed by praise. Mentoring has been around for much longer than 4 weeks, but u know this. Actually I had 94 disciples before they took it away for cryengine update. Yes I have like 18 disciples currently, an effective mentor who knows what hes doing can easily deal with this number. I actually think they should raise the limit to 50 - I have had to kick many disciples to keep a free spot open.

Pretty easy to deal with 18, tho I sometimes have 4 open pm windows. Not all of them play at the same time. Plus after an hour or so of instruction, disciples usually only have a couple of questions per day. So if I think the disciple is worth my time, I spend as much time as necessary to train them.

I think if u were playing the game a lot this would be hard, but I mostly just hang out and mentor. I mentor probably 6 hours for every hour I spend playing the game.

Well, good for you!

you just dont get it.
If i want to make my disciples to "speed grad" I'll do it and prolly better than you im sure.
But im not mentor for that purpose. Im mentor to teach new players stuff, and teach how the game works

but it seems all your interest in mentoring is just be a gift farmer.
Yes, i dont have 9 graduated disciples.
Only one of those perhaps I didn't "mentored" from the start.
Most of them I taught them the game and since mentorship is implemented they didnt mind to be my official disciples.

you just dont get it.
If i want to make my disciples to "speed grad" I'll do it and prolly better than you im sure.
But im not mentor for that purpose. Im mentor to teach new players stuff, and teach how the game works

but it seems all your interest in mentoring is just be a gift farmer.
Yes, i dont have 9 graduated disciples.
Only one of those perhaps I didn't "mentored" from the start.
Most of them I taught them the game and since mentorship is implemented they didnt mind to be my official disciples.

Ok so u figure I can teach people how to speed grad without teaching them how the game works? Is this really what your trying to say?

Yes, I expect to be compensated for my efforts as a mentor. I expect a gift for my work and time. So what?

You can mentor anyway that u want, I dont care. I will mentor the way that I want, the most effective way I can dream up.

I mean really dont come in here and act like your a priest in RL and mentor because you love new players. You probably dont really activly seek out new players to mentor, I would assume this because I havent seen u hanging around PA new arrivals. Which means your not really a dedicated mentor at all. (Maybe im wrong about this, how many people did u grad before the new system came out?)

And thats just fine, not everyone is cut out to be a full time mentor. But you really dont know how I mentor at all do you? I think I "get it", your a saint and im not. Big deal.

There is one thing i have seen over and over in this forum - people who say they mentor just to help people, and then u find out they dont mentor anyone.

The reason I have 9 grads is because Ive been doing this a long time and my methods are very effective. Most of the people that try to mentor, find it 2 time consuming and quit quickly.

Last edited:
Status
Back