Help: Can't reinstall eu

Suu Miles

Alpha
Society
Sanctuary
Suu Miles
Hi guys,

I had troubles patching this latest vu so I uninstalled eu completely (now I have the same prob reinstalling, doh!), even searched the forum and used this help here to make a clean uninstall and am now attempting to install again but it just won't work.

I get the installer and it patches fine but when it comes to actually downloading eu I hit 91% then I get the pop up saying the download failed with certain files. I tried several times this time I only got to 19% but that's not the point.
As in the file suggested it is MY end that is the prob, well I don't think so.

My network is fine and fast. My firewall allows ftp downloads, router is fine, I have enough ram and gb on my hd, my antivir has eu as an approved app, I use admin when doing the install (and everything else), my download thread is 1 (as suggested by support). That's actually all I changed when I wrote support and got the usual generic crap answer.

Oh and if I hit try again the prob continues just at a later time.

I haven't got a clue what is wrong, any ideas are highly appreciated :) and yes, I was in space when it all happened, but I can't even get to the "there is no server available part".

Oh No Suu!! Please help her :(

bump

Nobody got an idea why certain files are missing from the install server or why I can't read them?? :scratch2:

Need any files?

There may be an issue with files being stuck in your install cache. Try going to C:\Users\%your name%\AppData\ and browse for any files related to Entropia Universe. They will be under Local, Roaming, Temp most likely.

Delete them.

You may need to reinstall again.

After deleting and uninstalling everything related to EU, run CCleaner to clean out your registry and find any orphan files.

Then try again.

- MR

There may be an issue with files being stuck in your install cache. Try going to C:\Users\%your name%\AppData\ and browse for any files related to Entropia Universe. They will be under Local, Roaming, Temp most likely.

Delete them.

You may need to reinstall again.

After deleting and uninstalling everything related to EU, run CCleaner to clean out your registry and find any orphan files.

Then try again.

- MR

Did that, still got the popups of files not having the right sizes. Even did a system restore in case it is me and cleaned out everything again and it won't let me re-install eu. Same pop ups appear again so I went to their download server looking for the file in the screenie and it isn't there. Just can't be on my end :scratch2:

Did that, still got the popups of files not having the right sizes. Even did a system restore in case it is me and cleaned out everything again and it won't let me re-install eu. Same pop ups appear again so I went to their download server looking for the file in the screenie and it isn't there. Just can't be on my end :scratch2:

Might not be. Did you send a line to support now that youve covered all your bases? The only thing I can think of off the top of my head to do now is run chkdsk and scan your drive for bad sectors. But thats a longshot.

good luck with this i hope u can get back in it seems after VU there are alot of bugs

dam Suu another that can't get in :(
hope you get it sorted!! no advise though sorry

Back