Info: Calypso Land Deed ROI tracker

IRL it is the shareholder' s right to question dividend payouts.
Whatever happens to dividends is also up to the shareholders to vote on during a shareholders meeting.

So I don't think you actually thought about what you wrote

Oh, so you're saying you regularly visit public forums for companies you own private stock in, and bitch and complain? :laugh:

Regarding rights, I had in mind what's called voting stock vs common stock (or the other various stock definitions depending how a company wishes to handle those things). Some stock is simply "Thanks for investing with us. Here's a portion of our profits" and no other "rights" are offered or implied. Although I can understand and go with Forgo's explanation as well.

My main point was this part:

Tell the truth, are any of you stock holders of publicly traded companies and bug them THIS much about their dividend payments?

I highly doubt you spend time every week on public forums complaining and discussing each penny of difference on a dividend payment and whether that means the company will go belly up by next week. And even on stock that DOES offer voting rights, again minor changes in dividend don't usually create this kind of pitchfork complaining.

While it MAY BE your RIGHT to question payments, what I'm saying is how often does this kind of public bitching about it really occur for "normal" stocks? The answer is almost zero. Some may grumble a bit, sure. but weekly? On a constant basis? Like this? Not really. At least I'm unaware of similar cases.

No payout today, wonder if MA/planet calypso will elaborate on that.. I do hope so, even as a non cld owner but calypso player

No payout today, wonder if MA/planet calypso will elaborate on that.. I do hope so, even as a non cld owner but calypso player

I guess a negative income cannot be payed out.

I guess a negative income cannot be payed out.

nope, but it could be taken from next weeks payout, some more info from MA/Planet Calypso would be nice knowing CLD's go for almost 200$

Is MA already collapsing? Hahaha

Im up to team up with other pals and force MA to undergone an exhaust audit from a company chosen by us.

Is MA already collapsing? Hahaha

Im up to team up with other pals and force MA to undergone an exhaust audit from a company chosen by us.

No, I think MA is going to have a good year actually. Planet Partner Calypso (a company with 4 people) on the other hand or going to have a bad year. But that doesn't really matter as long as they can pay the bills and the 4 wages.
I don't think MA would let PPC go broke. I don't think the community would take the fact that the CLD's are bust.
And imagine us all having to leave Planet Calypso until they can sell it again. :laugh:

Lugn o fin nu ,

The acountant is probably on holiday , half of sweden has taken a week off :dunce:

Most are back at work at the 7th of januari

Lugn o fin nu ,

The acountant is probably on holiday , half of sweden has taken a week off :dunce:

Most are back at work at the 7th of januari

I can confirm this, I'm an accountant, taken all the week off from work and our office have closed down for the week. :dunce:

Probably they are not sure how the handle the MM problems and it's effect on the CLD payouts.

Are you guys purposefully being dense or did you just not read the issues with the universal ammo bonuses? Cld payouts will be low to none because of it. Mindark just is missing a reinforcing statement about the no payout. This was to be expected.

I realize the Mindark bashing and shit is the new cool thing to do but please give it a rest. It makes you look stupid.

I can confirm this, I'm an accountant, taken all the week off from work and our office have closed down for the week. :dunce:

Probably they are not sure how the handle the MM problems and it's effect on the CLD payouts.

If you need an accounant to pay revenue, then either you need a programmer (all revenue is digital) or you are trying to screw some ppl... just my opinion
What this tells me is that MA can say TYVM for the 6 million $ but don't expect any professional support/ communication from our side.
Hell, after all these years, we are still missing promised ft. of the cld's.. Voting/LG with cld at stake
I'll yell it out loud for those who still don't understand..
MA IS A BUNCH OF AMATUERS WITH TOO BIG PLANS
The fact that idiots pay 1850/2k ped for a deed only plays in their favor ofc.. so they are'nt the only stupid ones :)

The fact that idiots pay 1850/2k ped for a deed only plays in their favor ofc.. so they are'nt the only stupid ones :)

You should love those "idiots". @2k a deed; they must hope for a resell or be very hopeful that EU will at least exist for more than 10 years (at 200PED yearly revenue) to break even.

I wonder if 2k is the peak; or if they will go even higher before the bubble bursts :scratch2:

Your math is way off. This week they didn't pay. there are 60,000 CLDs.. and during this time last year it was what 5-6ped a week? So, that one week would be around $30K-35K.. and yes with this volume of players at $250 a pop, it adds up very fast.

but Caly revenue is more

& why again should I love them?..
For being idiots? I'd rather give my love to mentally challenged ppl :laugh:

Your math is way off. This week they didn't pay. there are 60,000 CLDs.. and during this time last year it was what 5-6ped a week? So, that one week would be around $30K-35K.. and yes with this volume of players at $250 a pop, it adds up very fast.

4.2(estimate) * 60000 * 2= 504,000PED or 50.4k$

504,000/2500= 201.6 rewards paid

Now assuming that 500 players participating and they do both FFA & SOLO; that means 1000 full rewards or no pay-out for 5 weeks.
Of-course they changed the rules; and killed the FFA.

Problem is that even the solo rewards alone would kill the CLD return for 3 weeks.

[cynical]
Now, we don't know what the exploiters influence on this is. We might not see a CLD return till 2017...
[/cynical]

4.2(estimate) * 60000 * 2= 504,000PED or 50.4k$

504,000/2500= 201.6 rewards paid

Now assuming that 500 players participating and they do both FFA & SOLO; that means 1000 full rewards or no pay-out for 5 weeks.
Of-course they changed the rules; and killed the FFA.

Problem is that even the solo rewards alone would kill the CLD return for 3 weeks.

[cynical]
Now, we don't know what the exploiters influence on this is. We might not see a CLD return till 2017...
[/cynical]

Didn't change the rules necessarily. They just closed the flood gates. They did say it would be opened up at a later date. Who knows when that will be but you have to admit that THEY HAD to close off the problem. I hope they confiscate the ammo from those that exploited (if such a thing actually happened).. and then all can go back to normal. Problem is, time is of the essence when it comes to MM event but there is 3 weeks left.

Are you telling me that loads of people are left without a payment because one dude is on vacation?

LOL WTF. Is this a kindergarden?

If you need an accounant to pay revenue, then either you need a programmer (all revenue is digital) or you are trying to screw some ppl... just my opinion
What this tells me is that MA can say TYVM for the 6 million $ but don't expect any professional support/ communication from our side.

I did not mean they needed an accountant, is was more like they probably that MA have closed down their office for Christmas/New Year and the MM problem is probably also making them a bit unsure of to handle the issue of the payout. :)

Are you telling me that loads of people are left without a payment because one dude is on vacation?

LOL WTF. Is this a kindergarden?

I just think is delayed because a combination of Holiday and maybe the MM issue. I don't think is 0 for this week, even if it will be lower than it should be.

Maybe the people should go outside too, dance around the christmas tree or smash some faces in a nearest pub, instead of keeping refreshing the ped flow center and the forum :D

Maybe the people should go outside too, dance around the christmas tree or smash some faces in a nearest pub, instead of keeping refreshing the ped flow center and the forum :D

You know, you have a great point.
After trying to find chirpies that don't drown themselves and spending an hour bumping into invisible stones; my mastercoat still bugged, and crashing a couple times; I think going outside and smell winter; or even buying some other game would be a welcome difference.
loose from tt returns or CLD returns; I cannot imagine anyone new trying this game. It's full of bugged, bad visuals, runs heavy on the system and it's f*ing boring. And even the statement that you can make money in this game doesn't hold sense for most people using this argument.

Awe out

Maybe the people should go outside too, dance around the christmas tree

Seems like sound advice to me!

I think there have been issues with CLD payments at the end of December in previous years. So I'm not worried or particularly surprised.

I, as a CLD owner, would have liked a payment today too, but lets see what we get next Monday.

(I think year end accounting is up until 31 December too - put your tinfoil hats on guys and gals :xwink: )

Maybe i am missing something. I understand that since MA anounced they fucked up once again there would have been a decreased payout. However i don't understand quite clearly, i thought CLD would be based on a share of revenue, not on profit ? Next week, negative pay out ?
What is scary is that MA choose to protect the exploiters, they keep getting them while adding new feature for them while in the meantime they seems to say thank you and fuck you for everybody else, be them investors, players or both.
It seems they gave up EU and trust their PP (except calypso which is a MA subdivision) to keep the boat afloat while they take drugs doing an outdated multi platform game.

There's the bigger picture of course. What if CLD revenue was ringing alarm bells with certain authorities, or reaching a limit it was liable for tax? Maybe being year end, MA tried to kill two birds with one stone.

I have many projects in RL, that I trade at Negative WIP for various reasons (which basically means I've received more cash for the project than I'm reporting the project is worth in Revenue).

That's the thing about revenue, it's what ever you want it to be. That's why it's always wise to look at a cash report against a P&L. Because you can report revenue in the following year and have already received the cash in the previous year. I'm sounding like an accountant now,.....no thank you very much.

My point being, MA might be playing with the numbers for year end, which could be for the benefit of us all.

I'd say hang in there.

Rick

That's the thing about revenue, it's what ever you want it to be.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: As it's the Christmas panto season still - oh no it isn't! It is amazing what can be attempted, though. Here, allow me to provide one mad line of argument.

One school of thought says that pretty much the only thing you can deduct from what you have received (=revenue) before you declare it is refunds for faulty goods or poor services. Now if Caly organised an event which they knew was going to be of really bad quality, then maybe they could offer all participants a refund "in advance" even. The way to measure how much bad quality you had endured would be measured in stars - and your refund would be based on that. Voila! You can reduce your revenue now!

So, Caly - just tell us you knew that Mayhem would be shitty this year - and you had thus decided to refund people for spending hours and hours doing it according to a predetermined formula.
So, why have you now stopped it, though? Did the event get better, or were some people even more creative than you were in a way we maybe do not yet know about?

Edit: all of the above was of course written with a large portion of irony! Please provide us with a statement of explanation so that we can can stop letting our imaginations run amok. Thank you!

2nd edit: oh, damn, this is the ROI tracker thread! Mods - I have nothing against my post (and preceeding ones) being put in a separate thread called something like: MM 2015, CLD returns and what role revenue plays!

Last edited:
LOL there's a duda whose name starts with "Storm", who 7.50 hours ago put several CLDs on auction, on a bulk of 1, from 1985 peds to 1895 peds.

Either is he idiot or market manipulation?

Thanks for your response. :yay:

LOL there's a duda whose name starts with "Storm", who 7.50 hours ago put several CLDs on auction, on a bulk of 1, from 1985 peds to 1895 peds.

Or he's smart, or he's inexperienced, or he wants to get rid of his CLD, or he expects the CLD markup to drop due to no payout the next 3 weeks? Not a lot of friendly options you have there, do you? :scratch2:

Idiot? Someone wants to sell something at price they are willing to accept for it. It is free market, if you think this price is idiotic you can buy it at that price.

In this game if you have anything in big bulks it is very hard to sell it, for example Angel Scales are always very high in markup, but if you have lets say 50ped tt worth of them, the price will drop if you start selling them slowly, so your best chance is to undercut current auction price by enough, so it attracts resellers, one reseller buys 10ped tt worth before realising you have more, then next one buys 10ped tt etc etc..

Selling stuff below markup to get fast peds can be the smartest thing to do.

About market manipulation someone did sell one deed for 2700ped shortly after this to make the average look nice again (now this might be manipulation).

Back