Marauder
Society
Cz-Sk Crows
True TJ Juan
MISTER CALYPSO 2012 goes to:

Mike Freyr Perry

winnersedit.jpg

Here you can check out a video made by Evey:

(There are a few mistakes in the names of people on the video)

Also be sure to check out the show on this link:
http://www.livestream.com/xfire_cui...2c22&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

Results of the event:

TOP Scores:

mistercalypsoscores.jpg

TOP5 in each category:

mister_top5_in_category.jpg

Winning Outfits of Freyr:

2nd place outfits of Zal:

3rd place outfits of Magam:

Here are some random pictures from the event:

More pictures(around 300 of them, 90MB) can be dowloaded at:
LINK 1:
http://www.filesonic.com/file/4271545575/mr_eu.rar
(Instructions: scroll down a little, click on Slow Download, then a 30s counter comes up, wait, type in the verification code, and then click on Start Download)
LINK 2:
http://www.uloz.to/11856928/mr-eu-rar
(Instructions: click on Stahnout, type in the verification code that in the middle of the screen, and then press Stahnout to start the download)

As we can see, in Mister Calypso thread, some people always feel bad about not winning and start to point fingers. And its like this since MA(PC staff) started to give out a cool prize such as Kings Sceptre/Queens Sceptre. Before this time, there werent many arguments on who won this event. Because it was just for fun and there were no spectacular prizes. Maybe we should have less prizes next year and or no prizes at all and then we will actually see the people that really deserve to get the title Mister Calypso and maybe a small prize for showing up on the event and doing their best to show off their image.

I've rechecked all the scores, chats, to see if there were any mistakes. Everything is fine and the judges did a great job in this event.

I would like to thank all the contestants, the judges, Atlas Haven Radio(David Westmoreland),my socmates, all the spectators and especially Justin(Calypso Development Team) for making this event possible.

Sincerely,
True Juan:bandit:

Last edited:
Ty True Juan, and all the judges for putting together this competition.

Well done competitors, A lot of cool looks where displayed from all over the universe.

thx for a fun event.

I would like to thank the True Juan for ensuring the yearly Calypso Fashion events.
CZ-SK Crows for sponsoring an extra prize, Atlas Haven Radio for the coverage,
the judges for their votes and all other competitors for joining.
I would especially like to thank Nightmare for keeping me and many others busy last night :) I am sorry your idea wasnt properly judged, however its a fashion show, not a show show.
But because of all the commotion that we made yesterday, next years events will be improved and better once more,. ty.

I hope to see many of you again next year.

Unfortunate i could not be online at the time of the event ...

I am realy hapy to see that my friend Freyr won the contest :)

Well deserved !

Als gratz to the other winners !

Mari *.*

I would like to thank the True Juan for ensuring the yearly Calypso Fashion events.
CZ-SK Crows for sponsoring an extra prize, Atlas Haven Radio for the coverage,
the judges for their votes and all other competitors for joining.
I would especially like to thank Nightmare for keeping me and many others busy last night :) I am sorry your idea wasnt properly judged, however its a fashion show, not a show show.
But because of all the commotion that we made yesterday, next years events will be improved and better once more,. ty.

I hope to see many of you again next year.

Thanks, I tried my best.

I actually wanted to have an improvement this year with having people send in the forms which would have been sent to the judges 1 hour prior the event so they dont miss any details. Its kind of ironic that people dont want to send in this info, and then complain that their set did not get the right judgement.

Maybe now people will consider this to be a good idea...

huge gratz to freyr, zal and magam :girl:
i hope everyone enjoyed it

For people interested : my armor set (Firewall Mk III) is in auction (it is the only set of the game)

I hope this little advertising is authorised here ;-)

Ok...little behind the game, took the time to think instead of banter blindly...not a sore loser, people have to win and people have to lose, good for people to lose and also win given what situation is given to one person at a given time, but anywho...*stands on my soapbox*

1. who exactly were the judges?...In every miss/mister calypso *i've* seen atleast there have been judges whom we all know are judging the participants in the event. It's VERY shady given that this year no judges were and or have been named, even after the fact. If this is due to people complaining, moaning, fingerpointing, slander, etc. then grow thicker skin, both the recievers of the words, and the givers...nicest way I can explain it due to regulations of the forum. Atleast with knowing the judges, we know what to expect/not expect within the ramifications, of votes not being able to be pulled, to give the participents better peace at mind that EVERYONE will be judged in the most suitable way possible (and if anyone thinks that judges could be bought by knowing...DON'T HAVE THAT JUDGE, JUDGE!!! It just isn't sitting well with anybody I have spoken too asking in an upbeat manner of how they enjoyed the event, since this was my first year participating, I wasn't exactly sure how people respond to these types of events, and enjoyed feedback of how they felt about my look (vain moment) and everybody elses (other people looked stunning also) and one of the things that stuck out was, not sitting well that judges were not announced (amongst other things, but people will cry in anything in entropia, and I didn't agree with it...waste of words)...so anywho

2. what exactly are we being judged on? yes I know....may sound dumb...clothes....BUT, there seems to be much much more going on then the blindness of it just being a "clothing event"...It is and looks much more complex then just dressing an avatar and walking....are we judged on something we wear all the time? not all of us in game can afford to buy new clothes for these events... where freyr showed that it CAN be a budget event wearing his pixie, and matched colored mastercoat, why do I feel that it is more of a "new summer lineup clothing" then a "what looks good, and is presented well" event. What sub-categories are we being judged on? where there is always 1 major category for judging, they're MUST be a sub-category so minor details aren't missed...not exploited...I feel that some participants looked better, and carried themselves well enough...where in real life with judging, people are judged on how they carry themselves and their outlook,emotion,fanfare, etc. while, yes they are avatars and we can only do so much, we are given enough emotes in game, items, postures, and so on, to give our ava's enough of a "unique" style, compared to our co-participants we are with in the event with...I don't feel that it was judged on, how intricate something was on somebodies outfit, or how certain textures/colors meshed, or collided with eachother...or wasn't judged on contrast of 1 field, vs another, or how different items were used for different categories, or how the same item was used in all categories... or if another avatar used same items as someone else in events...so what...other avatars used them differently, it may make it boring and bland, more than understandable, we all want to see different things in this event, but with how many people there were, and how secretive people can be, it's more then bound to happen, since it constantly does. In real life, when you go into a pageant, or singing contest, or dress contest etc. YOU know, what you're getting yourself into and being judged for...form, character, wardrobe, sound, pitch, tone, figure, colors, style, and the list goes on...we only know what we have to wear...and I find it very unfit and unprofessional if we are judged by wearing something all the time, or if its new or not....plain and simple, if it looks good, it looks good...or if its borrowed clothing, some clothes look better on certain ava's then others, same with real life, theres ALOT i look horrible in lol... also if judging is missing certain details that somebody worked very hard on, and may have been overlooked...we were all given a spreadsheet, so this wasn't to be overlooked...we were given it just about a day before the event which might have been rough for people that don't check their account all the time, but I found this to be a step in the right direction...whether we are given credit about it, is another story because.....we simply aren't told of what we are being judged on...and by how the event is laid out, all it sounds like it is what we wear...so tell me how you only judge by that broad subject, because my response would be "clothes, and armor" ...doesn't leave much for the mind to work on...

3. I don't feel that people that have won the event before, should be able to participate again...while speculation of other people joining again, or the matter of people joining again, for both mister, and miss... shouldn't be an option, why do you need 2 sceptres or clothes? Especially when some of these won objects are for sale at the moment (while I agree we are free to deal with these items as we see fit, due to it being ours, and free rights and all that jazz...) with wanting to join again, it becomes an ego march, and takes it away from somebody that is cherishing it for the prizes given for the sake of wanting to own and name ours, when we all have worked hard on it. If you win once and wanna sell it...sure...knock yourself out i say...but why give them that fortune again? It detracts from the specialness of the event, and the professional thought posted behind what goes on to make this happen as the years pass. A lot of the people that enter these events, put a lot of emotional properties behind their outfit/armor designs used on their avatars, and even if they lost, i'm very confident that they would be more comfortable if they lost fairly, where everything was stream lined, and the person that won, won it out of striving, and putting those "blood, sweat, and tears" into the making of what made them win this event, rather then somebody winning, who has already won in the past, and isn't even going to really hold onto what they earned through their hard work they grasped on the prior year they entered and won the event. it's a yearly event, somebody won, they won...good job...now lets move on gawkers...it's not a crime scene...if they feel they need to have the right to win again, throw an event every 3 or 4 years, between the previous winners for those 3 or 4 years, run a seperate hard worked program that has more ideas, rougher judges, but make it fair to everyone who wants in...yes, we are all winners for trying, we all had fun participating in what we did, and it IS hard going out there even if it is an ava, i HATE publicity...but it isn't much fun when you feel that your hardwork was all for the not. It takes away from the glam and limelight of the event which we look forward to.

3. While stating all these personal opinons and matters I find should be worked harder and or less, I will not be participating in this event next year. I feel that it would be highly rude of me, and would cause much unrest amongst all the participants, and feel that I won for moaning and questioning the methods forced behind the event of mr. calypso. People would most likely think it was rigged and I wasn't judged properly on what the true meaning of the event is. I agree, I don't think I would be either...to be blunt, I simply don't have enough faith in the judges to do their jobs properly, and judge for what should be judged, instead of pushing aside all personal conflicts, of liking or disliking a certain avatar in game. A judge wouldn't care about what the person has said to the avatar in the past, whether there was a minor altrication, or a high deal of praise in a trade, or helping someone out. It shouldn't sway somebodies ideas behind the outcome of a participant. And, I don't even know who the judges were, so I am stating my opinion blindly and not attacking anybody directly.

...as I did find other flaws, or questioning matters, I trust that somehow they will won't go overlooked, and next year will be basically completely overhauled, so that all the participants enjoy their time, or have a chance at enjoying their time, instead of feeling robbed, or misjudged...It's not my job...I just want everybody to enjoy what they put their time into in this game, as time wasted, can never be re-attained.

*steps off my soapbox*

Thankyou in the time put forth in reading my content, I only hope that is helpful and will change, and or open the eyes of this event, and how it is put into action...everything is detail...

I agree that it was weird judges weren't recognized, but to say it... I was a judge of this years Miss Calypso (I didn't judge nor participate in the Mister (my gf made me go out of the house >.<), but I never knew who any of the other judges were neither). The way the judging worked was I just kept a notepad of everyname and scored them from 1-10 in each of the 3 categories. Again, I only judged the Miss, but assume Mister worked the same way. Also again, no clue who else was judging with me, so no clue how they determined their votes, but I pretty much looked at everything from a beauty/fashion sense and tried to avoid how expensive their stuff was. I looked to make sure body/face proportions was nice and not all funky, hair style, hair color/eyebrow color/clothing color/make up all flowing in a matching sense. I admit the one hard thing to judge was the bikini/underware or whatever you want to call it because really...everyone looks good in that (in a virtual world anyway haha), but yea...thats my experience during the whole thing. :)

I agree that it was weird judges weren't recognized, but to say it... I was a judge of this years Miss Calypso

No it´s not weird, I can imagine why TJ decided to do this, because there been a couple events when ppl complained about the judges, too noob too much into the business, too befriended with some of the participants.. folks always find a reason to complain

It´s a bit funny judges even dont know each other :silly2:

But with you I know at least about 3 ppl who did the judging.

*blink blink* ...well played:wise:

Your suggestions and opinions

Hey cerb,

First of all, I'd like to point out, that this was the first time I held this kind of event. I tried to run it the same way as Singular did in the previous years. I did not want to change the whole concept, but I did try to upgrade some things.
Things that I "upgraded":
- 4th prize - I gave out a 4th prize to a contestant(someone that made a good impression from the participants that did not end in TOP3). The prize was sponsored by me so I was the one to choose the participant
- Judging - we had 4! judges for this years events meaning the most there ever was on such an event, usually in previous events there was max 3 judges(I think one time it was only 2 - not sure which year, cant say 100%). Also there were only 2 judges that judged both of the events meaning there was 6 different judges if we add them all up. These judges did not know who other judges are so they could not decide on who should win in private messages. The reason people didnt know was also the same. To make sure that it is judged as fair as possible.
- Detailed Results threads - I tried to make quality Results threads(i've put 2-3 hours in each of them) so that people can see all the information, some of the best screenshots and the videos people made, also download links to pictures that were made by a hired photographer

Thing I tried to do for Mister Calypso(After my first experience in Miss) is that I wanted forms of the clothes people would use in the event, so that we dont need to scan and have less lag and a better way to watch for details. I sent out the info 1 WEEK prior to the event. As I pointed out in the Mister Calypso thread, I said I was not sure I could pull such a thing off in a week as I know people are lazy. And I didnt. Only about 5-6 people actually sent their info. (Id like to thank you for being one of them). I tried this experiment and failed, since the people that wanted to participate didnt care to do some homework themselves :) Now, how should I upgrade things, when people are lazy? How should the judges judge on all the details when people dont even want to provide the information. Yes, I know it might have been done in a hurry but I think that a WEEK is enough for someone to send out their info if they truly want to compete.

As for the judging. There will always be someone that is upset by the outcome.
How should it be judged? How is real-life Miss judged? Arent they all beautiful? Yes, they are, but there can only be ONE winner, meaning, the other girls will be jealous and very unhappy. And how do the judges give the girls scores? Isnt it their own opinion on the lady? Meaning that if you have 10 judges, girl A wins the MISS, but if you change those 10 judges, girl B or C wins it. It is based on opinion. Now I tried to have 4 judges(almost had 5) to get as much opinion as I could. As this event is judged by players, it can never be good enough. Until Planet Calypso Development team judge this event, there will always be a problem with the judging.

All I can say is that I did try my best to make the event as fair as possible. I did not gain anything in this event, and I actually gave out 200 peds. What I gained from this event is experience, and some people that hate me, and some that are thankful that I held the event.

I do have a lot of ideas on how to improve the event next year, but I first need to talk to Singular if we will try to hold it together, or if he wants to do it alone. Until I talk to him, I will not be presenting my ideas. :)

I'm not sure I answered anything at all but I tried to point out a few things.
True Juan:bandit:

Getting ready to host this event. Mr and Miss Calypso 2023!

Lets have some fun and AHR ready to host it.

Categories will be announced..so get your sexy on soon..

I want to Thank Suzy Entropia for past Vod....

Last edited:
Saved.. for further details

Nice, was actually thinking like 2 months ago of reviving this but then had to deal with other things.

In case needed I could possibly provide assistance and also sponsor some prizes for Top3 places.

Good luck 🙂👌

Back