Question: Hunting Armour or Healing Tool?

Do you use Armour or Fap?

• Total voters

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
Reason I ask this question is simple, I wanted to challenge people opinions about this. Cast your vote on the poll! Now here is what I don't understand. 1 armour gives you no skills. 2 fapping is more effcient.

1. Armour does not have a use action like weapons or tools, so the armour itself cannot give you any skills. However getting hit lots of times does give you skills because that is how the armour gets engaged & used to decay. Armour gives you skills, like it or lump it I proved it by getting avoidance after unlocking coolness.

2. The other side of this arguement is very simple, is healing more efficient than getting hit with armour? The answer is no, healing is not as efficient as armour. So why wouldn't you want to get hit more to gain evade faster which even has more market value than first aid does? The thing about UL armour is that it can protect about 90-100 damage & still be more efficient than your average healing tool, for L its double that 180-200.

The facts are, you've the best sib fap herb box 10.06 pec decay. 1pec decay = 10.06 health healed. Now lets look at armour efficiency, I've picked atrox as that's usually the most hunted mob on calypso & using Rascal + Armor Plating Mark.4A. Here we have an efficiency of 13.27, so every 13.27 damage absorbed it decays 1 pec.

So I'll ask you all again, why wouldn't you want to get hit more to gain evade faster which even has more market value than first aid does? Seems simple enough to understand. Getting hit lots of times gives you skills. I'd like to know what you guys think of this thread, comments, opinions are welcome & trolls too ;).

~Mark~ Hopefully this makes you think about what is eco once again... improving the game for all.

Last edited:
This is exactly what we were talking about a few days ago :laugh:
My opinion is that if you don't have adj, imp or mod fap then you need to use armor.

This is exactly what we were talking about a few days ago :laugh:
My opinion is that if you don't have adj, imp or mod fap then you need to use armor.
I've talked about this with a few people. Seems hardly anyone knows about it including me up untill recently.
So unless you've 1 of those eco faps then you should be focusing on using armour more than your EMK.

Last edited:
I've talked about this with a few people. Seems hardly anyone knows about it including me up untill recently. So unless you've 1 of those eco faps then you should be focusing on using armour more than your EMK.

I think back in 2009 when I started to hunt atrox.. I preferred using armor as opposed to fapping.
Fapping is costly (fap itself + ammo for regen+ plus one get more hit while not shooting), very slow kill progress... So I've chipped in 2 times... coz I didn't want to deal with it.

I want to skill up in MF now.... so I use MF for healing whenever I can!

I voted fap because I hunt totally nude.

But you have a very good and valid point in your post, thanks.

:ahh:

Fapping is costly (fap itself + ammo for regen + plus get hit more while not shooting), very slow kill progress... So I've chipped in 2 times... coz I didn't want to deal with it.
That's a good way to look at it, thanks.

I decide this which combination gives the leat total defensive decay. If it's almost equal i take the weaker armor and skill paramedic instead.
E.G. Shogun + 3b protects better on drones than Grem + 3b. But my armor decay is 2 ped higher
in thre gremlin setup my armor cost is 2 ped lower, but my fapbill 1 ped higher. Total Peds per run saved : 1 + more paramedic skills.

That's the way i do it. Yours nice, too but there are mobs which need the bigger fap and lack of paramedic skills to handle the right one can mean you aren'T able to hunt them easily.

edit: ah and drones defensive skillgains are buggy atm anyway, so one argument for paramedic skills atm at least on them

I voted fap because I hunt totally nude.

But you have a very good and valid point in your post, thanks.

:ahh:
Thanks for being honest ;) & hunting nekkid is the supreme way of being cheap & eco :). But I haven't hunted naked in ages, cause my hp still isn't adequate enough for most mid lv mobs, oh well.

In my opinion, I feel that you need to select the right armour for the right mobs.

This is not a set rule either, because mobs with high HP skew things these days.

Basically, you want the armour to absorb about 70-80% of the hits the mobs do, this would roughly equate to getting 1.0's occasionally (or thereabouts) and getting max hits of about 20-30% of your HP, which is where your own skills skew things furthermore.

The best way forward is to not have to FAP constantly, but need to FAP occasionally. No fapping at all is not a good situation to be in as you don't gain the important skills you need that you get with fapping.

You also have to make wise choices about the mobs you can hunt. Unfortunately, MA trying to aid newcomers with their handy mob levels have served only to confuse things because it gives far far too much weight to the mobs HP. For instance, a Lvl 3x Ambulimax is a piece of pie to kill, but try doing a Lvl 29 Kirikiba!?!! I get my arse handed to me on a plate.

Regeneration level also skews the situation even more, as you need to be fapping less than normal mobs to reduce the regen penalty while you are fapping.

Basically, the answer is, it depends on the mob. You should only regularly skill on mobs that miss you quite a bit, this is the sweet spot for Evade gains and Economy of hunting.

If you have very high skill and must hunt something lootless like baby shinkis, combibies etc, then, yeah no armour and a FAP is a good plan, but don't get mobbed. HP recovered costs more than HP absorbed on armour.

You can go on and on and on and on, but in MindArk's own words, it's a bit dynamic. You cannot put a hard and fast rule on it.

I decide this which combination gives the leat total defensive decay. If it's almost equal i take the weaker armor and skill paramedic instead, eg; Shogun + 3b protects better on drones than Grem + 3b. But my armor decay is 2 ped higher; in the gremlin setup my armor cost is 2 ped lower, but my fap bill 1 ped higher. Total Peds per run saved = 1 + more paramedic skills. That's the way i do it. Yours nice, too but there are mobs which need the bigger fap and lack of paramedic skills to handle the right one can mean you aren't able to hunt them easily.
On both counts your absolutely right, I'd use grem or kobold for drones very eco sets. I usuallly have a hit rule of can you survive 10 hits with crit hits included? If so then the protection should be sufficient enough to allow some healing to be involved your example of using the grem+fap = 1ped saved is a nice example.

Your right again, my only fap atm is just herb box, if my hp, evade, armour protection + herb box isnt enough to stay alive then it's above my current setup level & is not appropriate. Having the skills to be able to use a stronger healing tool would be of advantage in your 2nd scenario definately.

But for me that hardly happens, if I die, I die then revive & heal up before going back to my last pos & try it again :laugh: this is usually the case against itumatrox + laser pistols :( with a carbine np's.

I think back in 2009 when I started to hunt atrox.. I preferred using armor as opposed to fapping.
Fapping is costly (fap itself + ammo for regen+ plus one get more hit while not shooting), very slow kill progress... So I've chipped in 2 times... coz I didn't want to deal with it.

I want to skill up in MF now.... so I use MF for healing whenever I can!

I like to use MF for healing, i think bioregenesis or w/e has a higher markup for it than evade, i do wear armor on mobs where i am healing more than id like to.

Plus i think that with armor all you pay for is a repair bill, with healing you pay for skills.

Plus i think that with armor all you pay for is a repair bill, with healing you pay for skills.
Not sure how I feel about this comment. If using armour or H-tool I still end up with a repair bill don't I? :scratch2:

I'm not opposed to your opinion BUT when using FAP and armour you have a chance of both First Aid and Defensive skills if only using armour you only get defensive skills .
IMHO eco is all about hunting mobs that drop things with decent markup AND where your current level of Evader/Dodger makes a difference A.K.A If you need Ghost armour to hunt low level Atrox dont , come to think of it never hunt Atrox :tongue2:

I'm not opposed to your opinion BUT when using FAP and armour you have a chance of both First Aid and Defensive skills if only using armour you only get defensive skills. Imho eco is all about hunting mobs that drop things with decent markup & where your current level of Evader/Dodger makes a difference (aka) if you need Ghost armour to hunt low level Atrox dont, come to think of it never hunt Atrox :tongue2:
Yes your right, but really all you need for paramedic is around Lv25-30 where you can use the UR125, no?

my whole thing is... i feel like im getting more 'bang' for my buck skilling MF rather than putting money into repairs...

but i see what your saying, your getting skills for using the armor up to...

For grind mobs (~1k hp and low dmg) I have chosen to use armor/plate combos that give me 1.0-5.0 hits. Doing this using an asi-20 desert/jungle/arctic + beast I need to heal once or twice per 300ped ammo hunt.

This is more relaxing for me, and is the same or cheaper on my decay bill as fapping after each kill with lighter armor.
(Also if you are heavier on the armor, then Crits don't send you to the revival which is super frustrating)

That is my main style choice for hunting grind mobs.

For hunting big mobs then I have to decide if I want to spend markup on (L) armor, waste regen time fapping, higher a healer, or if a tp chip and or flying back is actually cheaper than armor or fap and just hunt naked and die 2-3 times per mob. (surprisingly the last option is usually the best on big mobs, just takes the right mindset and mood to be willing to do it)

I made the decision a long time ago that I would for the most part base my play style on cost/eco vs mu with no consideration of skill gains. If/when I need a specific skill I haven't got, then Ill buy it. (crafting is pretty much the only thing ive needed so far, but may get medic skills sometime if it seems practical)

Narfi

For hunting big mobs then I have to decide if I want to spend markup on (L) armor, waste regen time fapping, "hire* a healer, or if a tp chip and or flying back is actually cheaper than armor or fap and just hunt naked and die 2-3 times per mob. (surprisingly the last option is usually the best on big mobs, just takes the right mindset and mood to be willing to do it)
Hmm suicide or revive hunting :). Haven't really thought of that method in a while. Good to know you've seen that it costs less to die than to take hits & heal etc, thanks Narfi.

Votes atm are 16 armour, 8 fapping, and 4 other :). Thank you all for your comments I do appreciate it.

Guys use armor, cuz if u get in a fap war, then the mob regens, which means more shots wasted, which means more peds gone. Plus to my limited knowledge a good tiered armor is more than a good tiered fap

Guys use armor, cuz if u get in a fap war, then the mob regens, which means more shots wasted, which means more peds gone. Plus to my limited knowledge a good tiered armor is more than a good tiered fap

Seems you're hunting too big of mobs for your evade if you're in a fap war...

Definitely armour up to about 70 protection from the base armour (not including plates). After that it's just better to hire a ur125/adj fapper to take the rest.

But once you own an adj/imp/modfap... its a whole different ball game.

I've found that armor decay should total @ 75% roughly + 25% fapping for it to be truely eco or 80/20 % etc same thing. Having an armor that protections with at least max 10 dmg is advisable for lowest maturities.

Well....armor protects you more than just 10 hp per hit

so that 1 pec in your equation is not good

I think the real question here must be....Is the decay from fap or the dacay from armour returned in TT over time? Or both?

I don't know what to answer to the poll, I use both armor and FAP, don't have the armor that can protect me without fapping ( scips, levi)

Well....armor protects you more than just 10 hp per hit

so that 1 pec in your equation is not good

I think the real question here must be....Is the decay from fap or the dacay from armour returned in TT over time? Or both?

I don't know what to answer to the poll, I use both armor and FAP, don't have the armor that can protect me without fapping ( scips, levi)
It's a simple question of which you most prefer to use on any occasion.
The real question here must be, is the decay from fap or the dacay from armour returned in TT over time?
I would have to say armor decay gets returned to you quicker than fap decay does. Fapping imo (atm) probably does not...

I play for the fun - so I do whatever feels good at the time - sometimes fap sometimes armor. If what I'm doing calls for armor I'll wear it if not I'll fap.

Necro Bump :p

Like to say, I've sold all my armour and plates and just have adj pixie and jarhead now.

I like to heal with Heart tier 1 eco enh'd and practically hunt naked and use the heart.

Last edited:
Back