Question: Hunting Armour or Healing Tool?

Do you use Armour or Fap?

• Total voters
On my view a good armor, indirectly, can give you a lot of skills. and those skills will have a directly fuction while you hunt.

Can't say the same for fap skills...

On my view a good armor, indirectly, can give you a lot of skills. and those skills will have a directly fuction while you hunt.

Can't say the same for fap skills...
Though I do agree with you, for eco sakes there is no UL armour combination I know of that gives you 15dpp unlike the heart fap 16.33, which is why I now hunt naked using it.

Last edited:
Though I agree with you, for eco sakes there is no UL armour combination I know of that gives you 15dpp unlike the heart fap 16.33, which is why I now hunt naked using it.

Can't do that vs mobs that hit hard but drop nice items

Depends how you view it, both have pros and cons:

Armor
* More eco than healing against small mobs
* Stop-and-fap becomes less prevalent

FAP
* Less PED held up (mostly)
* One or two is enough, instead of ten armor sets
* Natural healing skills

Can't do that vs mobs that hit hard but drop nice items
Yes that's also true, and though this can't be done, I can hunt mid level mobs that hardly hit me since I have 33 evader & 156 hp now. I can take a few 30 dmg + hits before healing & moving to next target.

Or you can hunt big mobs that drop nice items by doing the full hp, attack, revive, heal, attack, revive, heal, attack, crit hit, revive, heal, attack again & loot mob method of hunting. :dunno:?

Last edited:
Depends how you view it, both have pros and cons:

Armor
* Always more eco than healing (except for the 100k ones)
* Stop-and-fap becomes less prevalent

FAP
* Less PED held up (mostly)
* One or two is enough, instead of ten armor sets
* Natural healing skills
That's a good list there Cerb, especially about having 10 armor sets.
That definately used to be me, with almost 30 :yup: at one point.

If I can't stand a mob without armor and using 1-2 clicks of UR125 max (healing with H.e.a.r.t. between mobs), I consider it being beyond my level. Even more, I regard armors as a "cheat" that allows you to hunt beyond your level - which is generally considered by the community as a bad playing style :D. The only purpose for that is either gambling - looking for "nice items" as Hijacker called it (providing you're aware where it can lead you), or participating in LA/MA's event (when winning is more important than being efficient).

The latter is the only case when I put on an armor. Except for the times when I really feel like gambling, but that isn't often and always ends with regrets :)

I regard armors as a "cheat" that allows

that gives me opertunities to profit beyond my level.

narfi

ps. check out Emerald Lakes Mall floor #2 shop #7 for some nice ways to "cheat"

I've always prefered more armour over healing. I'm able to keep shooting to negate regen and if I want healing skills I can always take the healing job route. :)

Armour or better Armor :D

I am trying to use a level of protection that allows me to kill a mob (single) while not having to heal in the process. However I am not aiming for 1 dmg hits. Aiming for 10-12 average dmg done by mob. This way I save a bit of Ped on armor. Usually it takes while of testing until I find a setup I am comfortable with. Depending on the agression level of the mob I sometimes go for less average damage taken if the mobs have a tendency to mob up on me :grouphug: :)

Healing tool

I heal between mobs if necessary using a eco tool, herb box or such. I also keep a bigger Fap for emergencies, Fap 90 or such.

This is how I hunt, so I voted both armor and healing tool.

Armour or better Armor :D

I am trying to use a level of protection that allows me to kill a mob (single) while not having to heal in the process. However I am not aiming for 1 dmg hits. Aiming for 10-12 average dmg done by mob. This way I save a bit of Ped on armor. Usually it takes while of testing until I find a setup I am comfortable with. Depending on the agression level of the mob I sometimes go for less average damage taken if the mobs have a tendency to mob up on me :grouphug: :)

Healing tool

I heal between mobs if necessary using a eco tool, herb box or such. I also keep a bigger Fap for emergencies, Fap 90 or such.

This is how I hunt, so I voted both armor and healing tool.
The poll is multi optional so by all means. I use the armoradvisor tool on entropedia to find out good armor/plate combo's in a giffy, try it out next time your in a hurry.

I've always prefered more armour over healing. I'm able to keep shooting to negate regen and if I want healing skills I can always take the healing job route. :)
I don't know why but I've always taken to armor more than heal tools. Even in my early hunting career, always been armor plating, so it's good to see I'm not the only one & now I have level 33 evader with 50hit and 49 dmg in laser. All thanks to armor reducing heals when out hunting in teams or solo.

The poll is multi optional so by all means. I use the armoradvisor tool on entropedia to find out good armor/plate combo's in a giffy, try it out next time your in a hurry.

I use that tool aswell....very helpful, but it doesnt take evade level into consideration. So I pay attention how often the mobs hit me and adjust accordingly. Armoradvisor is certainly very helpful :)

I use combination of weak (eco) armor and heart fap. For example settler+2A protects you against some close-range damage and its eco is usually like 16 damage/pec. And heart fap is 15.5 eco.
Armor gives you more survivability, that means critical hits or "always-hit" mob period won't surprise you that much as if you were naked.
If I hunt high regen mob I rather take armor. I hate to stop shooting and heal. Its very frustrating for me to see mob's health going up.

I don't know why but I've always taken to armor more than heal tools. Even in my early hunting career, always been armor plating, so it's good to see I'm not the only one & now I have level 33 evader with 50hit and 49 dmg in laser. All thanks to armor reducing heals when out hunting in teams or solo.

41 blp sniper with 25,7 evader and 19 paramedic for me. :)

I'm aiming to get 1-10 dmg per mob hit and having sufficient evader levels for the mob, def costs are generally under 2% for me. Altho now when I'm hunting big feffs I have 0,55 - 0,7% def costs which is mentally good :laugh:

I think of it this way:

I only have a limited amount of time I can play each day. I'd like to kill as many mobs as possible in that time.

By having to fap a lot while hunting, I'm slowed down and get less bang for my time.

By having better armor, I can target, kill, target, kill, target, kill, target....

I think of it this way:

I only have a limited amount of time I can play each day. I'd like to kill as many mobs as possible in that time.

By having to fap a lot while hunting, I'm slowed down and get less bang for my time.

By having better armor, I can target, kill, target, kill, target, kill, target....
Good way to approach hunting. Good suggestions thanks JC. I never really thought of it like that.

i do both, in most of hunt i use armor ( to save fap time + mob regen + decays on fap ), but sometime i go naked and use fap

Most of the time i go naked on mob i can easily do without healing ( ambu for example ), i heal with chip after the kill i do that to up my bioregen skill

I try to pick armour that will give me max protection while avoiding the minimum decay hits but I have been thinking about the way fap costs are linear while armour decay is exponential with amount of protection given. So I wonder if, for a given mob/armour/fap combo if the average damage is pushing the armour protection per pec below the fap heal per pec. Am yet to sit down and do the math though.

If armor decay is compensated into loot and fap decay is not: it may prove the more economic approach (wearing armor).

Back