About PVP Events

Atrax

Prowler
Mutant Atrax Stalker
Hey I want to post a couple of quick thoughts here for feedback before i go to lunch. I'll be back in a couple of hours to consider responses.

I'm thinking about starting a PVP event at Tukar. I would love (of course) for the event to be profitable, so I need some input on setting it up. I might have some interest in being a regular event creator/promoter. But I need to figure out if it can be done without being an LA owner or otherwise acquiring decay to fund the prizes.

On one of my first events (right after Fort Invincible was added) I created and event with some bad settings. I've paid for a noob mistake with several months of negative promoter rating and I'd like to correct that too!

I have some pretty good prizes in mind. MV for each place 1-3 should be over 100 ped in the prize. Actual TT value in the 10 - 40 ped ranges so, I think i can put prizes that are desirable, I have a couple of items which are actually rare and wanted, not just expensive.

So I need to find out if there are people out there interested in events of this nature. Something where the ticket cost is somewhere between 65% and 70% of the average prize MV, or considers other factors.

How much would you pay for a ticket to an event where you could make at least a quick 90 - 100 ped if you win, and may actually want the prize yourself? Where is the line when people start to lose interest in potential prize value and get resentful that the event promoter might actually (gasP) make a profit?

And on a more mundane note, how long, and what time should such an event be for maximum exposure? Are there settings that would guarantee that you personally either would or would not participate if you were online during the event?

I'm only an occasional PVPer so I'm not sure of the most active times, etc... for that. Any feedback is appreciated, If you are a regular or occasional PVP player who might participate in events please weigh in with your thoughts.

that's as good an answer as any...

ok well, a bump if anyone does have thoughts.

Also a note: I guess this makes it obvious why the PVP event areas are dead.

So I need to find out if there are people out there interested in events of this nature. Something where the ticket cost is somewhere between 65% and 70% of the average prize MV, or considers other factors.

No there ain't ppl paying 70 PED for the chance of winning 100 PED. Maybe if you are willing to pay ammo and decay for each participant. PVP can be very expensive.

No there ain't ppl paying 70 PED for the chance of winning 100 PED. Maybe if you are willing to pay ammo and decay for each participant. PVP can be very expensive.

Approximately half of the players will get their peds back, and a little bit of profit at an event like that. HAve you ever participated in a reduced-decay PVP event at Fort Invincible?

Nobody pays my ammo or decay when i participate in a PVP event. Unless I'm on the winning team, that is, and no one plays game with the forces. Sometimes fort events don't have prizes, or have prizes worth less than the ticket price. It sounds like you should try a fort event some time.

Also, thank you for your input, and are you a regular participant in events where you pay for a ticket? How much would you pay for a ticket where three places will receive prizes worth 100 ped (or more) and the other normal fort rules apply? Including redistribution of decay, of course.

If you're honestly just suggesting I do something that's stupid or not possible in-game, please go troll someone else's thread.

Atrax, i'm a 80$ depositor/month but I would not spend more than 5 ped on tickets. The way I think of it, i'm paying to kill people in entropia when I can just kill mobs. However, you dont need to make the prize 100 ped also, you can make it minimum 50 PED.

Necro'ing this a smidge just to show interest. As mentioned, 5 PED or less seems like a reasonable price. You don't need to put great prizes up for grabs though. I would join a low cost fort event even with no prizes.

Back