PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
    Young
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Raven ACE Nine
    Images

HELP: Errors and Reactivation

Hello all,

Third day playing and already having problems. EU keeps giving me the error that it is under maintainence or updating when I try to log in. Usually I'll wait a half hour then it lets me on. Then the last time in-game I had a problem where an item was unable to be seen by a trader in the window. I tried putting it into storage but it became locked in my inventory with the symbol of a lock. Can't even look up item info. Then I lost connection, tried logging in, and another error came on saying I needed to reactivate my account. So I reactivated and still says maintainence error. What should I do? Send support case to MA? Will I have to start the game over or reinstall the client? I dont feel like waiting another 24 hours for everything to download again.

BTW I have a slow 1mbps ISP connection, and lost power at my house probably ten times while in-game to lose connection. As far as I can tell I have all system requirements for medium settings.

Help please and thank you,
    ACE

Banned
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Nicholas wizzszz Wolf
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven ACE Nine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hello all,

Third day playing and already having problems. EU keeps giving me the error that it is under maintainence or updating when I try to log in. Usually I'll wait a half hour then it lets me on. Then the last time in-game I had a problem where an item was unable to be seen by a trader in the window. I tried putting it into storage but it became locked in my inventory with the symbol of a lock. Can't even look up item info. Then I lost connection, tried logging in, and another error came on saying I needed to reactivate my account. So I reactivated and still says maintainence error. What should I do? Send support case to MA? Will I have to start the game over or reinstall the client? I dont feel like waiting another 24 hours for everything to download again.

BTW I have a slow 1mbps ISP connection, and lost power at my house probably ten times while in-game to lose connection. As far as I can tell I have all system requirements for medium settings.

Help please and thank you,
    ACE
    1 mbit should be enough to play, if you have connection problems it is very likely your router.
    You may have to forward the posts manually, maybe someone has a link to the page with the settings.

Young
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Raven ACE Nine
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    1 mbit should be enough to play, if you have connection problems it is very likely your router.
    You may have to forward the posts manually, maybe someone has a link to the page with the settings.
    It has happened at two locations both with 1mbps. So must be my computer right? or something to do with it crashing a bunch? I have a Dell Inspiron 1420, intel core duo 1.8ghz, windows 7, 3072mb ram, with directX 11

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Hideo
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    maybe this:
    https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...ter-TP-anymore

or try to set your connection speed in the clientloader tools a bit lower at what it actually is.

Young
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Raven ACE Nine
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hideo View Post
    maybe this:
    https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...ter-TP-anymore

or try to set your connection speed in the clientloader tools a bit lower at what it actually is.
    ok so i changed my firewall settings to allow EU, and loward the client loader to 512kbit. still got the maintainence error. im going to change port forwarding settings when i get to my usual location

Young
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Raven ACE Nine
    Images
    okay so i lowered the speed in the client viewer tools, and allowed EU to go through my firewall, but still having some major problems. going to wait until im at my normal location before i mess with port forwarding settings. i feel like it is getting worse. and i sent a support case to EU as well. thanks for the help

Stalker
    Neil Greenleaf Stockton
    Images
    It probably is a bad connection, but if you haven't done it yet, repair your installation in Client loader > tools. Always do this after a new installation and doing it after updates isn't a bad idea either.