Did you take part in this Survey?

Were you asked to take part in the survey?

• Yes (Put full avatar name & YES in a reply please)

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Yes and I know atleast 1 other that did also (Put full avatar names & YES in a reply please)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (dont do anything further)

Votes: 151 97.4%
  • No but I know someone who did (please give full avatar name in reply)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

InDaHouse

Stalker
Society
General of Sanctuary
Saoirse
We are actually in the process of conducting online surveys with both existing and former participants to identify the major complaints about the Entropia Universe experience. Based on the results received so far, the possibility of looting rare and valuable unlimited items was not one of the primary reasons for players leaving the game. In fact, it was not even in the top ten reasons given.

I'd like to ask who in the community has been asked to participate in this survey as you'll see in quote both existing and old participants being surveyed?

Please answer the poll and reply with your Avatar full name and YES if you were
or
Just answer the poll if you were NOT contacted.

Last edited:
Was not contacted (thought I might have been and it ended up in the spam folder, who knows)

nope wasn't contacted..

nothing here too...

This is getting scary...

Bjorn|MindArk said:
Based on the results received so far, the possibility of looting rare and valuable unlimited items was not one of the primary reasons for players leaving the game.

Well, duh! Why would people want to leave because of the possibility to loot rare and valuable unlimited items? They are leaving because it is for all intents and purposes impossible to loot one of them! Bjorn either misspoke or is trying to trick us. He would make a fine politician of a certain party.

Nope.

I even had the two week and no login email a few days ago and a link to it wasn't in that either.

It wasn't the possibility of looting rare / valuable items or lack of, it's that once you get to a certain point, usually dependent on how much $$$ you're willing to spend, the chance to upgrade your gear by looting is close to non-existant and even smaller if you're on a small budget unless you're extremely lucky. The items don't have to be rare or expensive.

If you don't feel you can progress then why bother playing, taking a week off won't hurt which then extends to a month and eventually just enough to keep your account active.

Last edited:
Bjorn who exactly did you ask?

And please ppl if you read please answer poll only 40 replies so far is low vs number of views.....

So far we all agree on this one - No.

LOL 52 no's not one yes of any kind.....

Maybe they've only gotten like 2 reply's so far (after asking only 2 people).

No
When they "fixed" the 1x0's is when the game started going downhill.

Gothenburg, Sweden March 12, 2012
Greetings!
As a former or inactive participant, we are very interested in your feedback on ways we can improve the overall user experience in Entropia Universe.
We would be delighted if you would take a few moments to complete a short survey and share your experiences and opinions about various aspects of Entropia Universe.
Each participant who completes the survey in full will receive a ticket for entry to an exclusive hunting event on Calypso, with a grand prize of a $2000 Alienware Gift Card!
Please follow the link below to take part in this important survey:
http://survey.entropiauniverse.com/
We thank you in advance for your assistance, and look forward to seeing you once again in Entropia Universe.
Best Regards,
Jan Welter Timkrans
Humble Creator of Entropia Universe

Entropia Universe Participant Survey
Complete all of the questions in this survey, and earn a spot in an exclusive hunting event with a grand prize of a $2000 Alienware Gift Card!!

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was that there were not enough opportunities for avatar progression.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was inferior customer support.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was lack of direction and purpose
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was that I felt the game was missing important systems or features.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was that the loot returns were poor.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was that I received too many 'This creature didn't carry any loot' / 'No resources found' messages.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was that there was not enough interesting content (e.g. storylines, events, missions, etc.)
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was that I was unhappy about the introduction of limited (L) items.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was that there were not enough opportunities for social interaction with other players
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was that the taming system was removed.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was that the beacon system was removed.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

The quality of graphics is an important consideration for me when choosing which games to play.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

I played Entropia Universe for less than three months before deciding to quit.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

I played Entropia Universe for one year or more before deciding to quit.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

Better overall loot returns would encourage me to start playing Entropia Universe again.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

Improved customer service would encourage me to start playing Entropia Universe again.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

Improved gameplay systems would encourage me to start playing Entropia Universe again.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

Enhanced opportunities for avatar progression would encourage me to start playing Entropia Universe again.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

Above is the survey i took part in. Until i saw this thread I thought it just might be a phishing attempt so I did not complete it until just now.

I have played on and off for 7 years or so now with my longest break being just recently for about 18 months. I have played pretty hard on and off through the years and chipped out and quit a couple times and cashed out but have always been interest3ed in the game so have always came back lol

I think they targeted people with my type of history with the game for their survey.

No survey for me,either. The one thing I have to ask, though- How do you participate in a "exclusive hunting event" if you already chipped out and quit?

No survey for me,either. The one thing I have to ask, though- How do you participate in a "exclusive hunting event" if you already chipped out and quit?

Well, obviously they're trying to entice people back. :)

Plus, it just says you get a ticket to the event, maybe you can sell it?

Above is the survey i took part in. Until i saw this thread I thought it just might be a phishing attempt so I did not complete it until just now.

I have played on and off for 7 years or so now with my longest break being just recently for about 18 months. I have played pretty hard on and off through the years and chipped out and quit a couple times and cashed out but have always been interest3ed in the game so have always came back lol

I think they targeted people with my type of history with the game for their survey.

If you dont' mind, where are you from? which country?
It's ok if you dont' want to answer!

Well the players who are in this forum are more or less active... So, i'd be surprised if the % of ppl surveyed goes above 5% in this forum poll!

Last edited:
Was not contacted.
:scratch2:
The survey is a lie?

It is not MindArk's fault that you opted out of any correspondence with them. If you were opted in, then you would have received a survey. This is why the majoraty of you that have posted have NOT been surveyed. To change this simply do it while in game under your profile settings. Select the check box that says something about receiving mail ;)

~Danimal

Was not contacted.
:scratch2:
The survey is a lie?

Are you inactive?

Surveys - We recently contacted a large number of inactive participants amd invited them to take part in a survey in order to gain feedback on their experiences in Entropia Universe and uncover the primary reasons for their inactivity.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/a...ml#post2585471

It is not MindArk's fault that you opted out of any correspondence with them. If you were opted in, then you would have received a survey. This is why the majoraty of you that have posted have NOT been surveyed. To change this simply do it while in game under your profile settings. Select the check box that says something about receiving mail ;)

~Danimal

Does it mean you got survey offer?

~Danimal

I always received all E-Mails MA have sent to me but not this survey.
uh, I cant know if I received them all but I received some of them for sure.

Are you inactive?

No, I'm not inactive. I play Entropia many hours / week even if you dont see me everywhere in all corners of the universe.
And here Bjorn say they send survey to not only inactive players I think.
If not, I need to learn english a little bit more.

We are actually in the process of conducting online surveys with both existing and former participants

Gothenburg, Sweden March 12, 2012
Greetings!
As a former or inactive participant, we are very interested in your feedback on ways we can improve the overall user experience in Entropia Universe.
We would be delighted if you would take a few moments to complete a short survey and share your experiences and opinions about various aspects of Entropia Universe.
Each participant who completes the survey in full will receive a ticket for entry to an exclusive hunting event on Calypso, with a grand prize of a $2000 Alienware Gift Card!
Please follow the link below to take part in this important survey:
http://survey.entropiauniverse.com/
We thank you in advance for your assistance, and look forward to seeing you once again in Entropia Universe.
Best Regards,
Jan Welter Timkrans
Humble Creator of Entropia Universe

Entropia Universe Participant Survey
Complete all of the questions in this survey, and earn a spot in an exclusive hunting event with a grand prize of a $2000 Alienware Gift Card!!

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was that there were not enough opportunities for avatar progression.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was inferior customer support.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was lack of direction and purpose
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was that I felt the game was missing important systems or features.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was that the loot returns were poor.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was that I received too many 'This creature didn't carry any loot' / 'No resources found' messages.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was that there was not enough interesting content (e.g. storylines, events, missions, etc.)
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was that I was unhappy about the introduction of limited (L) items.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was that there were not enough opportunities for social interaction with other players
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was that the taming system was removed.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing Entropia Universe was that the beacon system was removed.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

The quality of graphics is an important consideration for me when choosing which games to play.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

I played Entropia Universe for less than three months before deciding to quit.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

I played Entropia Universe for one year or more before deciding to quit.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

Better overall loot returns would encourage me to start playing Entropia Universe again.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

Improved customer service would encourage me to start playing Entropia Universe again.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

Improved gameplay systems would encourage me to start playing Entropia Universe again.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

Enhanced opportunities for avatar progression would encourage me to start playing Entropia Universe again.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

The Link is no not active so if it was posted on the 12th of this month they never gave ppl much chance to get involved, unless only the ppl sent the email can access the link?

Also i'd like to point it it looks like one of the worst layed out survey's i've ever seen! I'd strongly agree to most of them so how can they get a top 10 reasons?

Back