Mother Ship repairing, skill gain, skill extraction $$$

DiabloP

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Diablo DiabloP Minotaur
One of the things I always wanted to test is to see if it’s possible to profit from skill extraction. So I bought a thruster, an rk-5 and some welding wire and headed towards the calypso space station from Rocktropia hoping that one of the mother ship owners would let me in for repairs ( didn’t have a clue that the MSs doing repairs aren’t docked at calypso SS). By coincidence one of my friends was repairing the Kronan MS, and pm’d me. So I decided to join him. Here are the results:

Tip: for a guide on skill extraction you can visit:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?225473-Skill-extraction-guide

Tip: when you want to repair zoom in to enter first person mode. Press the “space bar” to enter aim mode. Hold down the left mouse key with a book or rubber band, and your avatar will continue repairing forever. If the ship isn’t damage it will automatically resume after there is some damage. This way all you have to do is check every 3 hours to see if your repair kit is consumed.

......Items Bought........................TT Price....................................TT + MU
..........2 X RK-5...........................7 peds.................................10.75 peds
......Welding Wire..........................11 peds.....................................22 peds
......................................................................................Sum = 32.75 peds
This is what was left after 5 hours of repairing:

Items Remaining........................TT value..............................TT+MU value
...................RK-5........................1.5 peds.................1.5*10.75/7=2.3peds
......Welding wire.......................1.76 peds......................1.76*2 = 3.52peds
.........................................................................................Sum = 5.82 peds

Skill results:
......Skill Name..............TT value gained..............MU %.......................TT+MU
....Engineering.......................1.07 peds..............1800%.................19.26 peds
.....Electronics........................0.43 peds..............2300%...................9.89 peds
......Mechanics........................0.43 peds.............2400%.................10.32 peds
...Vehicle tech........................0.87 peds..............1500%................13.05 peds
Vehicle Repair........................2.78 peds..............1000%..................27.8 peds
.................................... Sum=5.58 peds..............................Sum =80.34 peds

Implant Needed
.....Skill Name................... chip size...........ESI MU %......................ESI Cost
.....Engineerig..................1.07 peds..................600%....................6.42 peds
....Electronics.................. 0.43 peds.................600%....................2.58 peds
.... Mechanics.................. 0.43 peds................600%.....................2.58 peds
.. Vehicle tech..................0.87 peds................ 600%................... 5.22 peds
Vehicle Repair..................2.78 peds.................600%................. 18.53 peds
............................sum = 5.58 peds..................................Sum = 37.19 peds

Auction Fee = 0.5*5+0.05*(80.32-5.58) = 4.73 peds

Since this was basically a test run I sold the ESI after using it.
Empty Skill Implant

.....................................Before ............................After
TT Value.................19 peds ............................13.5 ped
........ MU....................606% ............................ 590%
...TT+MU...............115 peds...................... 79.65peds

The decay on the Payn-Inc Implant Inserter for every extraction Is 2 peds. So there is also an additional 10 peds cost for extraction

Total Cost:
...............................Name ...........................................................Cost
.....................Repair tools................................................32.75 peds
........... ESI (buying Initial)..................................................115 peds
Selling ESI (auction Fee).................0.5+0.05*(76-13)=3.685 peds
...Payn-Inc Implant Decay.....................................................10 peds
..Selling skill (Auction Fee)..................................................4.73 peds
.............................................................................Sum = 166 peds

Total Income
............................Name....................................................... Amount
Remaining Repair tools..................................................... 5.82 peds
............. Sales of skills......................................................80.72 peds
............. Remaining ESI......................................................79.65 peds
................................................................................Sum = 166 peds

Loss = 0 peds

• If more skills are gained before selling them, lets say 20 times my sample size the decay of Payn-Inc Implant Inserter will remain the same (its 2 peds per extraction no matter how much skill is being extracted). So we can assume the decay for the sample size will be 0.1 ped per extraction. Also assuming that we use the entire ESI there will be no need to resell it on auction and to pay the extra auction fee:

Cost:
................................. Name ......................................... Cost
.........................Repair tools............................... 32.75 peds
............... ESI (buying Initial) ...............................115 peds
.........Implant Inserter Decay................................. 0.5 peds
.....Selling skills (Auction Fee)...............................4.73 peds
................................................................Sum =152.5 peds

Profit =14 peds...............................$$$$
That’s 14/5=2.8 ped/hour profit.

Note: as you can see a profit has been made but its really close to the margin, so be careful before making on investment on skill extraction.

Assuming that you do not extract skill and keep them for yourself:
Cost Name ..............................Cost
Repair tools....................32.75 peds
..........................Sum = 32.75 peds

Profit = 135.75 ped.........................$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
That’s 27.15 peds / hour

Conclusion1: If you can afford approximately 700 peds of repair tools and an ESI (115 peds) you can make an hourly profit of 2.8 peds form repairing.

Conclustion2: Crafters that need :
Engineering skills
Electronics Skills
Mechanics Skills
Vehicle technology skills
Could save a lot of money by repairing mother ships for skills (26.05 peds/hour)
The Normandie is charging 100 peds a month to become a crew member. Mother ships could charge 100peds/day and it would still be worth being on the repair crew

EU is all about the numbers, figure how they work and there is no way you can lose
Good luck
DiabloP

Last edited:
Nice calculations... ohh and on MS Kronan (active 24/7 - most hardcore repair skilling in game) repairing is free of charge :)
/Sbi

great overview,
i must add that half entropia knows this already.
and therefore in some months vehicle repairing skill will be worth
about just the same as rifle skills :)

Implant Needed
.....Skill Name....TT value gained...............TT+10%.......ESI MU %....................ESI Cost
.....Engineerig............ 1.07 peds...............1.17 peds..............600%..................5.79 peds
....Electronics............ 0.43 peds............. 0.473 peds..............600%...............7.132 peds
.... Mechanics............0.43 peds................ 0.43 peds.............600%..................2.88 peds
.. Vehicle tech............0.87 peds..............0.957 peds............ 600%............... 18.53 peds
Vehicle Repair...........2.78 peds..............6.138 peds.............600%............... 37.19 peds
.........................................................sum = 5.58 peds........................Sum = 80.32 peds

There seems to be something wrong there where I bolded. And that effects your total ESI cost.

Also, your understanding of chipping out is wrong. The skill tt is put on the esi, and then 10% of the resulting skill implant is lost. You don't need 10% more esi than the tt of skill you have on the avatar, you end up with 10% less tt skill.

There seems to be something wrong there where I bolded. And that effects your total ESI cost.

thanks, some numbers were misplaced

Also, your understanding of chipping out is wrong. The skill tt is put on the esi, and then 10% of the resulting skill implant is lost. You don't need 10% more esi than the tt of skill you have on the avatar, you end up with 10% less tt skill.

TT gained and TT+10% are based on the numbers on this site:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/SkillCalc.aspx

TT gained and TT+10% are based on the numbers on this site:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/SkillCalc.aspx

You misunderstood.

If you 10 tt of a skill, you only need a 10 ped ESI to take it all out, not an 11 ped ESI (tt+10%). After the skill goes on the 10 ped ESI, you then lose 10% of the skill implant, and end up with a 9 ped implant of that skill.

Really? Who told you that?

He is right in so far as that ToS Normandie is offering a subscription for our performed passenger flights where they can save peds if repairing while onboard. This is used by many to also do repairskilling while onboard. We do not have a fee for just repairskilling as it can not be separated from participating on the scheduled flights and the main intention of the ship is to allow fast, cheap and secure regular passenger transports.

However this is a great analysis of how rewarding repairskilling can be skillwise, thanks for putting it together :)

We do not have a fee for just repairskilling...
Glad you cleared that up. Not the first time I'd heard the opposite said.

More importantly, I don't owe you any peds. :laugh:

Would be nice to see what the profit would be if you had BPC

Your profit my loss
Since afk 24 hours repair skilling using a bug has been allowed i cant even keep the net value of my skills, even crafting what i would consider sick amaunts, this is like ppl using mod faps to get free skills or trapping mobs imo as a crafter, or farming accaunts to sell skills which i guess there are a few
your profit my loss
and pisses me off everytime i c this treads as remind me how much i lost and is still allowed to continue

Your profit my loss
Since afk 24 hours repair skilling using a bug has been allowed i cant even keep the net value of my skills, even crafting what i would consider sick amaunts, this is like ppl using mod faps to get free skills or trapping mobs imo as a crafter, or farming accaunts to sell skills which i guess there are a few
your profit my loss
and pisses me off everytime i c this treads as remind me how much i lost and is still allowed to continue

Has MA said that the autorepair thing on motherships is a bug? Could be a feature for motherships? They've basically decided to let motherships use the logout for passenger safety, so who knows?

Has MA said that the autorepair thing on motherships is a bug? Could be a feature for motherships? They've basically decided to let motherships use the logout for passenger safety, so who knows?
The motherships use of logout is becuase to dont have problem with log out, disconection and other kind of issues, and their inability to offer an alternative i guess
i cant see to find the reason why MS should be reparable when no damage on them allowing infinite repairs of it and i cant do the same in my quad or any other vehicule,
you should see the diference
and i am not talking by MA , they can do shit on their game is theirs, i am just expresing my opinion

Last edited:
The motherships use of logout is becuase to dont have problem with log out, disconection and other kind of issues, and their inability to offer an alternative i guess
i cant see to find the reason why MS should be reparable when no damage on them allowing infinite repairs of it and i cant do the same in my quad or any other vehicule,
if you cant see the diference them you lack some common sense
and i am not talking by MA , they can do shit on their game is theirs, i am just expresing my opinion

No need to get personal.

Using my common sense there is a very long list of things that would be different in this game.

I was comparing something MA has done to other things MA has done.

Thank you DiabloP for trying to share your learning.
I also agree with Xen, however, that you have misunderstood. I can confirm that the chip-out tt is lower, not that you need a higher tt ESI! As an example, if you chip out some skills and 1.42 peds gets taken off your ESI, you will get a skill chip of 1.28 peds from it. But on the calculator you will need to chip out points worth 1.42 peds tt (or so), to get that result to happen.

This means you have less on the plus side valued at 1000-1800%, but also fewer costs for the ESIs, valued at 600%. Unfortunately, the overall result is thus worse than you have calculated (if you plan to chip out). I do not currently see the income from chipping out being higher than the costs.

I do find it crazy that it is a very good way of getting crafting skills if you actually want them, instead of actually crafting, and you can do pretty much repairing before you get to level 25 and sib for the rk-20 tool. Also, serendipity unlocks at level 30, just as the rk-20 ends its sib period.

At the moment, however, that is the last point for a looong time for anything worthwhile. We have no higher rk tools yet, and the next unlock is exponentially far away...
We will have to wait and see what develops :)

Has MA said that the autorepair thing on motherships is a bug? Could be a feature for motherships?
I really wish Mindark would come out and say, definitively, without ambiguity, whether the autorepair of undamaged motherships is a bug or not.

We'd all know where we stand then.

As many things in the past , I expect its OK now while space is empty and will be a BUG and fixed when more players are in space, either way its a waste of wires when you solo and get lost watching TV and over repair. at least its not as bad as auto fire into the ground when hunting. :dunce:

I would like to see someone grind pilot/repair by kamikaze runs on cosmic in a UL slep. I think we might be surprised how Eco it could be.

I calculated based on the data and reached different results.
If you chip everything out you get a net loss. However, rk-5 repairing is far cheaper than chipping in. Even if you sell of the vehicle skills, this statement still holds true.

Back