Loss of Auction at outposts

voom

Prowler
Society
KKoE
Vavva Voom Straaf
Just thought I'd write something here instead of playing EU 'cos I got bored with no auction house at the outposts and decided to do something else.

Whereas if there were still auction houses at outposts I would probably be perusing them right now, readying myself for another hunt.

So MA, have a think about this one huh?

Off to do something else now

See Ya!

Voom :)

Yeah...imagine you'd have to TP or fly or run to a place with auction..damn I get tired already by thinking of it.
(There used to be times we had to do TP runs by foot, remember?)
Best things I've done was great fun ;)
"Son, when I was your age, we used to write all of our papers on typewriters. Why are you using that crazy laptop when you could be using something so cool!?

We make advancements for a reason. I don't understand why people want to go back to the stone age...

"Son, when I was your age, we used to write all of our papers on typewriters. Why are you using that crazy laptop when you could be using something so cool!?

We make advancements for a reason. I don't understand why people want to go back to the stone age...

You really don't have a clou??

To make us spend more peds ofc...why else?
Even ingame ppl are lazy.. imagine you have to (virtually) run to another place, hence I TP or fly to it. :)

The atom bomb was a breakthrough in science. Just because you used something you created, it doesn't automatically make it the best course of action.

To keep this short and simple: There is nothing positive about decentralizing the social hubs in an MMO. When people get nostalgic about EU they think about old PA, old Neas, old Phoenix, old Twins etc. They never think about "That one outpost I checked auction at right next to the feffoids".

Silvia Universe said:
You really don't have a clou??

To make us spend more peds ofc...why else?
Even ingame ppl are lazy.. imagine you have to (virtually) run to another place, hence I TP or fly to it.
It's kind of hard to justify it as greed, as this thread is about how voom is spending less due to the lack of auctioneers everywhere.

True.. yes and it can be annoying but when I read he rather post on forum about this inconvenience instead of maybe driving to a place where there is an auction then I think hmm... :scratch2:

Because having full outposts makes no sense for storyline and realism :) we may have been colonising Calypso for a longer time but we still have very limited resources.

Having auctioner and technicans means whoever employs them have to transport food and supplies to them (and also pay them), and no one would realistically manufacture stuff in the middle of nowhere so why have crafting machines? Society terminals would simply drain power on batteries (tho I guess that could be fixed by adding solar panels, at least during daytime).

Anyways, to sum it up: Outposts and teleporters are taken care of by the Calypso local government (or possibly the Federal Empire), so they would have to waste loads of resources on outposts and such that are rarely used by colonists which, per the storyline, makes no sense.

Just thought I'd write something here instead of playing EU 'cos I got bored with no auction house at the outposts and decided to do something else.

Whereas if there were still auction houses at outposts I would probably be perusing them right now, readying myself for another hunt.

Off to do something else now

See Ya!

Voom :)

I Know, right?

I used to be able to spend weeks at my secluded little outpost without having to look at another avatar.

Now when I have something to sell, I have to go into town and rub shoulders with.....BRRRR.....other people!!!

:tongue2:

This whole thing reminds me of a scene from a Clint Eastwood movie. Can't think of the name of it...maybe Pale Rider. At the beginning of the movie one gold panner decides to go to town for supplies. Apparently, he was beat up the last time he went. So as he goes past one guy after another, they ask him, "Where you going?" To which he replies, "Into town..." and they all invariably say to him...

"Ain't that kinda DUMB???"

:cool:

To keep this short and simple: There is nothing positive about decentralizing the social hubs in an MMO. When people get nostalgic about EU they think about old PA, old Neas, old Phoenix, old Twins etc. They never think about "That one outpost I checked auction at right next to the feffoids".

i think this happen because planets are larger (amethera was not here since ever, same for medusa) and because now we have more planets. BUT more important then this, the guys from MA have no clue how to get new people and retain the old ones.
For this PA and twin are empty.

But in any case what the problem???
travel in the space is perfect
loot return is perfect
game is bugs free
entropia has a good reputation in any MMO forum
the cost to play is getting lower and lower
still we play with players that gain their skills when the skill rate was different
still players that used scam in every possible way are in game
everybody in the metro just talk about entropia, you don t know? you have no a metro!!!
everything is going well

so MA get bored! let change outpost, or maybe molish face or basic stuff like this.

at least Marco is no more there, thank you God!

Yea! lets put a privat auctioneer in everyones inventory. Why should we have to bother go to the towns to get to auction when it is technically possible to have one in inventory!?

Oh and why not the other terminals aswell? We shouldnt have to go to the city to buy ammo and gear! Let us buy stuff from wherever we are!

And why not let us spawn our own mobs?? Why the hell should we have to travel somewhere to kill those damn creatures when you can technically just let us spawn them ourselfs!??!? OMG!!! :duh:

Ahhhhh The Egg....

Hey...what the...!!!

You just can't throw that in randomly!

There has to be at least some kind of tortured and tenuous connection. :silly2:

Hey...what the...!!!

You just can't throw that in randomly!

There has to be at least some kind of tortured and tenuous connection. :silly2:

The Egg will spawn new outposts filled with auctioneers :cool:

Ahhhhh....the outposts.... :)

I'm laughing my socks off here guys :D

Looks like I'm not the only one who got bored then :yup:

Oh, they thought, and thought it out well.

I now use more oil and time for trips outposts<->auctions than for any other travels (including space!). At first I thought to change my hunting habits, to use places that are close to full-fledged settlements, but quickly gave up.

outposts should never of had any auctioneers etc in them, so be thankfull you had it so easy :)

Now maybe the tp's will start to look more busy like the old days with every1 having to get to auction etc, im glad they changed this.

PS. you dont really use that much oil to complain about that now do we?

Back