Opalo SGA + 100 Peds of ammo Hunting Experiment

unamped opalo is 2.752 eco, opalo+101 is 2.861
So difference between amped and unamped eco is about 4%, together with 5% tax it's 9%
9% of loot just wasted (not counting MU)

But the loot is not based on ECO, it is based on PEDs spent.

I understand now how you arrived at the 4%, but it simply doesn't work like that (there are weapons with way worse eco, players using them are bound to lose all the time then??)

You're correct about the tax, but, to be precise, it is 5% of what you LOOT, and not what you SPEND - assuming we have 90% payout rate, the 5% are more like 4.5% (5% of 90%) of your TT spent. (average numbers, standard scenario)

I understand now how you arrived at the 4%, but it simply doesn't work like that (there are weapons with way worse eco, players using them are bound to lose all the time then??)

After my 2.5 years of observation and calculations I'm sure it's based on ECO and it makes sense. I look at it from other side, you do more damage for 1 ped spend when you are more eco. Means it costs you less to get same loot as you would get with noneco weapon. And yes I think players are bound to lose all the time when using old school non sib weapons with low skills or hunting unamped on taxed lands. I would go further in my theory and I would say regen mobs are uneco, because system (in my opinion) is not tracking the regen of mob. I've always had bad longterm returns on regen mobs than on normal ones.
It's really simple, think about your playing, do hunting logs of at least hundreds runs, compare results and try to get better.

You're correct about the tax, but, to be precise, it is 5% of what you LOOT, and not what you SPEND - assuming we have 90% payout rate, the 5% are more like 4.5% (5% of 90%) of your TT spent. (average numbers, standard scenario)

Don't you think that would be a very simplistic model if the loot was based on PEDs spent? Why even buying anything with markup, just buy regular Opalo and hunt anything as you will get 90% back. Why even bothering with skills, maxed weapons, (L) markups and so on?...

Check the Artrat's thread there:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...5511-Crystal-Palace-vs-Swamp-Camp-Hunting-Log
Why do you think he gets 60% return hunting with unmaxed weapon on a taxed land? ;)

After my 2.5 years of observation and calculations I'm sure it's based on ECO and it makes sense. I look at it from other side, you do more damage for 1 ped spend when you are more eco. Means it costs you less to get same loot as you would get with noneco weapon. And yes I think players are bound to lose all the time when using old school non sib weapons with low skills or hunting unamped on taxed lands. I would go further in my theory and I would say regen mobs are uneco, because system (in my opinion) is not tracking the regen of mob. I've always had bad longterm returns on regen mobs than on normal ones.
It's really simple, think about your playing, do hunting logs of at least hundreds runs, compare results and try to get better.

After my 5.5 years of observation (plus scientific tests i made), i claim that the loot is based on what you spend. Many tests hint that this is true, and a 90%-95% return rate based on PEDs spent is confirmed in many, many threads here on this forum.

ECO can help to lower your costs (especially on (L) stuff where you pay more than TT only), but it doesn't have any effect on TT return rate.

Don't you think that would be a very simplistic model if the loot was based on PEDs spent? Why even buying anything with markup, just buy regular Opalo and hunt anything as you will get 90% back. Why even bothering with skills, maxed weapons, (L) markups and so on?...

Check the Artrat's thread there:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...5511-Crystal-Palace-vs-Swamp-Camp-Hunting-Log
Why do you think he gets 60% return hunting with unmaxed weapon on a taxed land? ;)

This is ONE test, and i had a lot of different results, shitty return on untaxed land, fat profit on taxed.

Last night i had a mining run on untaxed land, with a maxed 105 finder - < 50% TT return - shit like that happens. :dunno:

Try to find the numerous other tests, posted here on PCF.

And yes, it IS a very simple model, but it is the only model that explains why EU is not rated gambling (plus marcos statement that "there is no luck involved").

The point in more skills (hunting) skills?

You can hunt bigger mobs, that regularly drop stuff with a markup, have less FAP/armour decay (that's an important factor if you use i.e. FAPs that come at 145%, or high end (L) armour...)

Oh, and of course you can show them off! :silly2:

After my 2.5 years of observation and calculations I'm sure it's based on ECO and it makes sense.
:lolup:

Oh why it's only been explained in about 10+ threads already. Good thing you decided to hijack this hunting log just so you could show off your superb gaming knowledge.

Seriously.

Run #7

Start:
Prof Lvl:
Laser Sniper (Hit): 34 / 41.65%
Ranged Laser (Dmg): 31 / 66.47%
Evader: 18 / 47.69%
Total Skill Points: 125561.84 (+27.81)

Peds value: 31.19 (Opalo SGA included)

End:
Prof Lvl:
Laser Sniper (Hit): 34 / 43.24%
Ranged Laser (Dmg): 31 / 68.38%
Evader: 18 / 47.87%
Total Skill Points: 125579.6 (+17.73)

Peds value: 25.67 (Opalo SGA included)

Shinkiba killed: 243

(- 5.52 Peds) (82.30%)*compared to the previous run

Last edited:
Run #8

Start:
Prof Lvl:
Laser Sniper (Hit): 34 / 43.24%
Ranged Laser (Dmg): 31 / 68.38%
Evader: 18 / 47.87%
Total Skill Points: 125579.6 (+17.73)

Peds value: 25.67 (Opalo SGA included)

End:
Prof Lvl:
Laser Sniper (Hit): 34 / 44.68.%
Ranged Laser (Dmg): 31 / 70.45%
Evader: 18 / 48.06%
Total Skill Points: 125598.7 (+19.08)

Peds value: 15.50 (Opalo SGA included)

Shinkiba killed: 188

(- 10.17 Peds) (60.38%)*compared to the previous run

The runs are becoming shorter. A lot shorter.

Last edited:
:lolup:

Oh why it's only been explained in about 10+ threads already. Good thing you decided to hijack this hunting log just so you could show off your superb gaming knowledge.

Seriously.

Not sure what are you laughing at ? Should I laugh at your hunting tracker ? Based on that I have more experience than you and know what I'm talking about.
Nobody is trying to hijack hunting log, I was just stating this thread might scare newbie players off, while OP has clearly no idea how to hunt.

Not sure what are you laughing at ? Should I laugh at your hunting tracker ? Based on that I have more experience than you and know what I'm talking about.
Nobody is trying to hijack hunting log, I was just stating this thread might scare newbie players off, while OP has clearly no idea how to hunt.

I hunt the way I want. I never said that I want to save pecs.
When I'll want to hunt the way "you" think is the best way, I'll ask your advices.

oK?
Thanx anyway.

Should I laugh at your hunting tracker ?

ET is not the ultimate measure of things - and btw, he just confirmed what i said, and you got no reason to laugh at mine.

OP has clearly no idea how to hunt.

Aim gun, pull trigger - that's "how to hunt" now, isn't it?

What "incredible hunting secrets" do you think you have? My guess - it's al just in your head, without any significance in the real (or virtual) world, just like your math example about eco - you simply make no sense.

Btw, you are all welcome to talk about eco or anything, but dont tell me I dont know how to hunt.
Maybe you're right Martin, but who cares beside you.
I only follow my plan. Even if I do it more eco with a finisher after the Opalo, I dont think it would make a big difference.
Maybe few more kills in the end for the trouble.

You guys dont read posts? HE HUNTS ON HIS OWN LAND AREA

Stuff that wizzszz said and Cerberus pointed -> listen to these people, they are right. Im not just saying this to Bernz but also to rest of you guys that think its otherwise and are willing to fight to death for it.

Do many tests. Large scale tests. It just proves ECO is not a factor determining loot.Period.
I find ECO to be only worth in missions, where you have to get alot of kills (or PvP also(?))

Simple as that. Unless MA changes it somehow (please dont since I´m raping the AH right now ;) )

Also, Bernz, whats the point of this experiment for you?
you want to profit or... ?

Total Shinkiba killed: 3752

That's a lot of shinkiba..Never knew you could kill this many Shinkiba for 100 ped. Maybe you will make the 5k shinkiba mission! Also quite a lot of gameplay time for 100 ped.. If you last a month, then you've proven you can play this game for 10 dollars a month!

You guys dont read posts? HE HUNTS ON HIS OWN LAND AREA

So what? My loots are taxed for the experiment. No diff on my ped card because I get back the 5% at the end of the day.

Also, Bernz, whats the point of this experiment for you?
you want to profit or... ?

I'd take the profit if it happen ofc, but I wanna know roughly how many Shinkiba I can kill with Opalo + 100 Peds ammo (103.80 Peds Total nothing more).
I also do my Iron Shinkiba at same time. Profit or not, I do my mission.

I said somewhere that there is nothing scientific here. In fact, I hate to take note of everything. It's boring and it do not change the result even if I log every single ammo I burned. I dont think I will do it again.

Total Shinkiba killed: 3752

That's a lot of shinkiba..Never knew you could kill this many Shinkiba for 100 ped. Maybe you will make the 5k shinkiba mission! Also quite a lot of gameplay time for 100 ped.. If you last a month, then you've proven you can play this game for 10 dollars a month!

At the end of each run, I replace loots with Peds (just to not TT the loots) and buy new ammo with the loots value.
But in the end, it's like I used the only 100 Peds I had at start.
Not sure I explain correctly because of my bad english.

Run #1 I had the 103.80 Peds (Opalo included) and killed 772 Shinkiba. Mainly Young but some Mature and Old too.

MY last post here I promise :)
I've lost about 200 PEDs after 16.6k daikibas killed for the iron mission, with a101 amp and finisher on nontaxed land. No globals, no HOFs, no special loot.
Just saying.

I would go further in my theory and I would say regen mobs are uneco, because system (in my opinion) is not tracking the regen of mob. I've always had bad longterm returns on regen mobs than on normal ones.

Actually, regen does count. It's easy to do the test. Take small, fast regen mobs and mostly-kill them 5 times each. You'll see that your loot is proportional to total damage done, not the hp of the mob.

Don't let them regenerate fully in between, I believe that resets them to zero damage done, though I have not done that particular test.

Actually, regen does count. It's easy to do the test. Take small, fast regen mobs and mostly-kill them 5 times each. You'll see that your loot is proportional to total damage done, not the hp of the mob.

Don't let them regenerate fully in between, I believe that resets them to zero damage done, though I have not done that particular test.

Let's keep it off-topic until my next run. :laugh:

Seriously, it's interesting. Do you think it works only on fast regen mobs?

i tested it on combibos, there were sheets somewhere on the forums till how much % of regenerated HP will give you back in loot and AFTER that % it wont be returned in loot.

Like whole HP bar of combibo young gave loot.
then whole HP bar and another half (regenerated) gave loot x1.5
butthen whole 2 HP bars (one whole regenerated) still gave only loot x1.5

(numbers are not specific, its just an e.g. how it works so you dont get massive loot from 200 HP bars regenerated trox :p )

yes its interesting. all you need to do is some basic tests.

Experiment aborted.
I made a miscalculation since the beginning and the result will not be good anyway.
In fact, the current result is better than what it should actually be.

Thanx and sorry to the readers.

Back