Argonaut Hunting Log/V-Log by Fat Fóck Adam

Fat Fock Adam

Provider
Society
The Knights of Calypso
Fat Fóck Adam
Hello guys!

After having a good discussion with other hunters on what mobs to hunt for markup I settled on Argonauts, based on my skills, preference and of course economy. To the thread about markup mobs

This will be a hunting log on Argonauts, mainly Young-Guardian since I'll be hunting them North of Twin Peaks.

The thread will be updated after every run. The details of the latest run will be posted as a new comment, however all runs will be displayed in a excel sheet (linked in the second post below).

I will have a third post with links to the youtube channel I plan to create. The youtube channel will be updated once a week with highlights from that week, rather than entire hunts as previously stated.

I'll do my best to update the log as often as I can, but as everyone know real life comes first.

Feel free to comment in the thread if you have questions, suggestions on improvement, or simply want to support me with a few words of encouragement :)

Best of luck with your hunting! May your aim be precise and your loot bountiful!

Fat Fóck Adam

Last edited:
It has begun :)

Items used for all hunts (unless anything is specified)

Tagger: Non (Going rambo mode, not as eco but fun)

Bagger: ASI-20 Desert with Beast Amp

Finisher: Scratcher II (Knife) (Not as eco as perhaps a pistol/rifle finisher, but the skills are worth it)

Armor: Adjusted Pixie
Emergency Fap: Adapted Vivo T15 (L)
Out of combat Fap: Herb Box

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Summarized Results for all hunts (Thanks to mrproper for showing me this)
_____________________________________________________________________________________

In order to keep the first page clean all details on the performed hunting rounds have been moved to my post on page 4. All future hunts will be posted as new comments to the thread, but the summary spreadsheet will always be linked from the first page.

Last edited:
Video Log

Youtube channel: Fat Fock Adam's Hunting Video Log

Round 2: Round 2 (I seem to have done a editing error so the quality is only at 720p, I'll fix that for next video!)

Round 4: Round 4 (Think I got the editing right now, should be 16:9 aspect ration and HD quality, let me know if something is wrong and I'll keep improving my noob level editing skill)

Round 9 Round 9

Last edited:
hey m8, subscribing to you're thread.

Awesome to see the result of a good discussion ending up in this!

Wish u the best of luck and let the hoffing begin!

hey m8, subscribing to you're thread.

Awesome to see the result of a good discussion ending up in this!

Wish u the best of luck and let the hoffing begin!

Thanks mate, looking forward to getting started!

Hello, best option is FRAPS. You may use options like 30-40 FPS Halfsize for better file size. WinMovMaker was so horrible when I tried, especially compared with latest Sony Vegas. Very easy editing. Have a nice loot :).

ah i have been looking for an eu v-hunting log for a long time :D

channel name please? you got a subber :D:wtg:

Subscribing. Please post results and maybe the reason y u hatin' on drones? Don't they have better markups than Argos?

Subscribing. Please post results and maybe the reason y u hatin' on drones? Don't they have better markups than Argos?
Everyone seems to forget that one word needed in this. Droprate! Therefore I think his choice is justified.

ah i have been looking for an eu v-hunting log for a long time :D

channel name please? you got a subber :D:wtg:

Then channel is not up yet, since I am new to the whole recording, editing, I'll start out with one video a week, but if I do have time to add more videos I will of course do so. As soon as the first video is up I promise to post the channel link.

Hello, best option is FRAPS. You may use options like 30-40 FPS Halfsize for better file size. WinMovMaker was so horrible when I tried, especially compared with latest Sony Vegas. Very easy editing. Have a nice loot :).

Thanks, I'll try out Sony Vegas then and see if it is easier, as you said Windows Movie Maker was horrible, when I tried it out 4 out of 5 times it froze and I had to redo what ended up being hours of work, since it repeatedly froze.

I did days of editing and rendering on Vegas ;p. When once in a blue moon it crashes a backup is most likely saved.

Good first run. I also like that your doing at least 250ped rounds. Get those vids up asap!

Good first run. I also like that your doing at least 250ped rounds. Get those vids up asap!

Yeah at the moment my PED card is not as full and I'd want it to be, so two A104 amps is what I'll start with, I also have two P4a:s, so I don't have to unequip weapon, detach and attach during combat. If I get a third amp I'll just replace the broken amp on the pistol when out of combat, so I don't "lock" too much peds in weapons and attachments.

Thanks Mrproper, didn't know about this function, I'll check it out later. I do actually have a excel file with all the hunt details, I'll upload them once I gotten a few hunts under my belt ;)

I did days of editing and rendering on Vegas ;p. When once in a blue moon it crashes a backup is most likely saved.

I did a recording with fraps on the second run last night. The filming was 2 hours, (250gb) just for one video. Since I am used to working with windows movie maker, I thought I'd use that instead. I did however try to render the video in Sony Vegas Pro first, but it said it would take 4,5 hour to do that.

Am I doing something wrong? I am trying to keep the movie in HD, and since you only start out with 15 min of time on youtube, I'd need to fast forward the segments where nothing really happens.

From what I understand through the tutorials I watched, Sony Vegas Pro can only increase speed to 3x?

That is why I decided to simply render the clips together and hopefully into a smaller file in Sony Vegas, so I can edit it in windows movie maker, without it crashing cuz it can't handle to big files.

How about 40 minute sessions edited into 15 minutes? That leaves about 4 minutes of normal speed for showing off loot etc. Make sure your capture and output video have same resolution, that should make rendering 2-3 times faster.

How about 40 minute sessions edited into 15 minutes? That leaves about 4 minutes of normal speed for showing off loot etc. Make sure your capture and output video have same resolution, that should make rendering 2-3 times faster.

Thanks for the tip, will check it out.

Problem is the actual hunting takes between 1,5-2 hours, so I'd need to divide one hunting round into three videos then, but yeah I would prefer to play it at 4x speed rather than 8x so it is actually visible what is happening. I'd of course slow down the pace for decent loots which I have concluded is anything above 10 ped on Argos.

I have recorded round 2 and 3 I'll try to get them up as soon as I have figured out the best way to edit the videos.

Thanks Mrproper, didn't know about this function, I'll check it out later. I do actually have a excel file with all the hunt details, I'll upload them once I gotten a few hunts under my belt ;)
Just posting some public details from your log that are relevant to some profitability discussions. Drop me a PM with your gmail if you want edit access.

Just posting some public details from your log that are relevant to some profitability discussions. Drop me a PM with your gmail if you want edit access.

Be my guest to do so and don't worry about it, I don't need to have edit access.

Trying to figure out a good way to present the loot when recording, and since the damn argonauts won't stop attacking me while I get decent loot I was thinking of making a team, perhaps make a "dummy" avatar to be in team with me so the loot is presented in the chatlog, what do you think? Any better suggestions?

Trying to figure out a good way to present the loot when recording, and since the damn argonauts won't stop attacking me while I get decent loot I was thinking of making a team, perhaps make a "dummy" avatar to be in team with me so the loot is presented in the chatlog, what do you think? Any better suggestions?

Thats an excelent idea, but you could disable dmg messages (and some other like globals) so ppl can see what you loot for a while :)
I also tried watching it Fullscreen at 1080p and it works great :)

Thats an excelent idea, but you could disable dmg messages (and some other like globals) so ppl can see what you loot for a while :)
I also tried watching it Fullscreen at 1080p and it works great :)

Thanks for the tip.

Yeah I figured out where I went wrong with the first video, I had edited it in 4:3 ratio not 16:9 so it was still HD quality but with wrong aspect ratio. Fixed it for the second video which hopefully will be up today.

You should not create a second avatar. find a sweater and team with him if you must use that method for recording. You could of course, just log the loot at the end of the hunt.

You should not create a second avatar. find a sweater and team with him if you must use that method for recording. You could of course, just log the loot at the end of the hunt.

Hmm I'll have to think about it, the reason I don't log the loot at the end is simply because you get a ton of "tt food" not really worth mentioning. I do however give a summary of total loot value and if anything interesting dropped. Thanks though, I'll see what I do.

You might just use a slowdown to 10-25% and pan/crop to zoom into a loot window.

If it's not too much of a bother, compose your text log reports in a new message to this thread, then editing your full list post, it makes it easier for people to see when you have updates.

If it's not too much of a bother, compose your text log reports in a new message to this thread, then editing your full list post, it makes it easier for people to see when you have updates.

Ok, I'll try to do that

Back