FYI: Iron droprate on Argos seems broken / buggy / altered

the items crafted with gazz has reduced ? NO. the marge of benefit for crafter has increased.

No its because there's an ongoing event that keeps looting way over what the demand is atm.
Once the BB and high gazz droppers vanish, You'll start seeing a price climbing on gazz and in everything a bit as consequence.

What I dislike the most, is, this being a new "feature"/"content" and not being anounced on the release notes.

Since argonauts have nothing to do with the event, I'm guessing they did it.
Congratulations, they ruined about the only mobs that were untaxed to hunt.

What I dislike the most, is, this being a new "feature"/"content" and not being anounced on the release notes.

Since argonauts have nothing to do with the event, I'm guessing they did it.
Congratulations, they ruined about the only mobs that were untaxed to hunt.

what i dislike the most is, even though many seem not to remember their own beginnings, how many players skilled up on argo's and drones, i thought everyone wanted new players, and wanted them to stay past the "i sweat/hunt puny" stage?

what i dislike the most is, even though many seem not to remember their own beginnings, how many players skilled up on argo's and drones, i thought everyone wanted new players, and wanted them to stay past the "i sweat/hunt puny" stage?

I was a drone hunter,
since the first early nerf they did, (the range thing, and they basicly didnt missed, my defensive cost went up 350%) I stopped hunting them that often,
Without the gazz, its just an expensive to hunt mob without any pay off.
I'd be better off with atrox now i believe

Seems like hunting is where MA gets the vast majority of their money. I guess they are trying to squeeze us dry before they pull the plug. It's funny how companies have to pretend everything is fine when behind the scenes they are bleeding money year after year.

This was not a step in the right direction. It was a middle management decision that will have consequences far beyond what they intended.

They're just trying to raise the MU on various ores and enmatters to encourage / force people to take them through space. Jan told us they'd be doing something like this in is state of the universe address.

Too many people not willing to take the risk and taking 1 dung along for the ride between planets.

Plus every now and then have to nerf stuff to stop us getting to clued up on the EU loot distribution.

but but... MY akoz goden age event mob is ruined! how can i hunt them now? :cry:

They're just trying to raise the MU on various ores and enmatters to encourage / force people to take them through space. Jan told us they'd be doing something like this in is state of the universe address.

Too many people not willing to take the risk and taking 1 dung along for the ride between planets.

Plus every now and then have to nerf stuff to stop us getting to clued up on the EU loot distribution.

Ok... they're trying to raise MU on ores/enmatter... which are already MUCH higher than hunting loot.

Have you seen what's happened to the markup on hunting loot? Dropped like a rock over the past year.

In my opinion they need new planet partner revenue to keep the company from going under. Since people don't really care too much about the other planets they have to force people to go.

So this really has nothing to do with hunting and mining. It is simply a failing company trying to prop up their investment appeal by sacrificing a certain percentage of their player base and forcing interplanetary travel.

Just another example of them taking short term profit instead of long term gain. CLDs were simply trading future profits for a short term cash influx.

WHY in the world would they sell clds? That's a question people should have been asking. Every CLD they kept was worth a roi that was comparable to most ponzi schemes. WHY would they dump all that future profit? There really aren't too many rational answers that I can think of...

I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if the next thing they will do is "re-balance" your ped card to turn PED into tokens that have the letters "LOL" on the face of the coin.

<prepare yourself for rant>
<rant incoming in 3:>
<rant incoming in 2:>
<rant incoming in 1:>
Honestly this game is turning into a complete joke, used to be where you could make sence of the looting but now its just pure gambling with shit chances where your money does not mean jack.

Used to be close to a 90% return based on the amount you burned over a random period of time.... not anymore, its a complete gamble now, anybody can go in and hit a jackpot(to hook them) while the people already hooked just keep getting the short end of the stick(by design).

Have you seen what's happened to the markup on hunting loot? Dropped like a rock over the past year.

and I blame that partly on the iron missions encouraging people to camp mobs they wouldn't normally hunt just to get an attribute point. Anything those mobs dropped would surely drop in MU as so many people would be hunting them. Look at iron stones the MU fell through the floor when Argo became a mission mob, they used to be 140%.

First non-answer to my sc:

( well what should i have had to expect )
Hi,

Thank you for the report. As you might already know, we at the Support department can not give you any information regarding the in-world dynamics. However, please rest assured that the report that you have sent us has been forwarded to the balancing team for their information.

Kind regards,
George | Planet Calypso Support

Ah i wasn't asking for deep qurestion about loot mechanics:

My original sc:
Hi there,
i just returned from a hunting run from Argonaut after VU. The amount of iron stones i brought back was extremly low ( less than 6 ped on a full amp run ) Is this a bug, or was the droprate of iron changed intentionally ?

BR

and I blame that partly on the iron missions encouraging people to camp mobs they wouldn't normally hunt just to get an attribute point. Anything those mobs dropped would surely drop in MU as so many people would be hunting them. Look at iron stones the MU fell through the floor when Argo became a mission mob, they used to be 140%.

There is a problem with your logic. Assuming it's because people camp mobs... why is the mu on the non camped mobs not increasing?

Also saying that people hunted them purely for the missions instead of the markup is just silly. People hunt things that have a 140% markup because they are profitable. There is NOTHING currently that drops anywhere near that much markup at rates comparable to how much iron argos used to drop.

All loot seems to have been changed... we were 're-balanced..... and is why I'm not on very much anymore......

I've been having the same issue with argos, I thought it was just my shitty luck as usual. Been spending hours on them today and not one single iron stone has dropped for me. Maybe someone will ATH on them or something.

ok, have my apologizes, yesterday i did 3 runs on drones,

first run, 1 matrix no gazz
2nd , electric chip exceptionnal hyper charger no gazz
3rd, bear shin L, hypercharger*2, optic lens no gazz

I did lot of drones runs, having a sheet to see return,decay ect...

since the new vu :

armor decay higher (cause im hunting with sword and drone are now big pack (jason centre))
fap decay higher (drone shoot, run, stop and shoot shoot shoot) again my sword not help

but its okay

now the loot, they dont replaced gazz by robot parts or loot, they completely removed it.

I get more ammo than before but it seem it miss like 50peds of loot on a 200peds runs...

its not only a problem of gazz/iron, they reajusted the loot...

thx MA, thx to support planet partner instead of player, consummers... im off since a new patch comes...

There is a problem with your logic. Assuming it's because people camp mobs... why is the mu on the non camped mobs not increasing?

Also saying that people hunted them purely for the missions instead of the markup is just silly. People hunt things that have a 140% markup because they are profitable. There is NOTHING currently that drops anywhere near that much markup at rates comparable to how much iron argos used to drop.

Just read through the mission rebalancing thread, plenty of people confirming it.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?226759-Mission-Rewards-Rebalancing

Just doing every mission for the attribute and skills at the end.

As for the non camped mobs, it lot depends on how often they global. People are attracted to the "wow" of a global / hof so the high level mobs will always have a hunter but even then they drop the same stuff as the low level mobs and the low level mobs often get passed by but with so many newbies hunting them they can never build up a markup on the generic crap they loot.

The only unique things on most mobs now are the skins and they're worth is only determined by the demand for that texture and the rarity.

Seems we are getting eye oil instead of iron ore now. Will probably finish the 5k argos, then I'll have to find something else to do.

Back