Entropia Universe 12.6.2 Release Notes

Actually in my opinion all vehicles should be massiv, it shouldn't be possible to move through objects.

That would leave the possibility of hiding behind a vehicle which i think is fine, but not inside when its destroyed.

There is a T button that people can use if they cant get out of a place because of vehicle structures.

Around TP's there should be zones that despawn vehicles within 5 seconds of entering.

There should be several levels of a destroyed vehicle, like broken, burning, exploded (littering the floor in small pieces not targetable anymore, could only be recalled by the recall button and would do shrapnell damage to its surroundings during explosion turning the fuel tank into a bomb -> people would have to watch with how much fuel they travel around in dangerous areas). Using a fueled vehicle as cover would be a dangerous thing to do.
Vehicles bumping/crashing into each other should also create damage to both vehicles depending on the mass of the involved vehicles and their respective speed.

Vehicles bumping/crashing into each other should also create damage to both vehicles depending on the mass of the involved vehicles and their respective speed.

That would make for some awesome vehicle events :yay:

EDIT: However, we'd soon have a forum full of people complaining about being repeatedly run over by their opponents in PvP because they can't destroy the enemy vehicle before it reaches them or at least jump aside :silly2:

Last edited:
Actually in my opinion all vehicles should be massiv, it shouldn't be possible to move through objects.

That would leave the possibility of hiding behind a vehicle which i think is fine, but not inside when its destroyed.

There is a T button that people can use if they cant get out of a place because of vehicle structures.

Around TP's there should be zones that despawn vehicles within 5 seconds of entering.

There should be several levels of a destroyed vehicle, like broken, burning, exploded (littering the floor in small pieces not targetable anymore, could only be recalled by the recall button and would do shrapnell damage to its surroundings during explosion turning the fuel tank into a bomb -> people would have to watch with how much fuel they travel around in dangerous areas). Using a fueled vehicle as cover would be a dangerous thing to do.
Awesome ideas indeed and it seems nothing here isn't really much work to implement either:
  • there already is several 3D models representing stages of (more) destroyed vehicles, only have to change/add some stages in-between.
  • explosions and shrapnel damage is already ingame (used for weapons)
  • most tricky may be the one that seems the easiest - to make vehicles full solid objects, this may cause lot of small annoying problems in interaction with other objects and avatars... but still, the overall added realism should make the effort worthwhile.

deserves +rep, but: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to John B Knight again."... doh :ahh: lol

RMB...fix it please.

It seems pretty clear that the modification to the Right Mouse Button has not be recieved well.

Vote-for-quot-auto-click-quot-update-from-VU-12-6-2

There are other threads of course, but clearly this change has negatively affected the game. Please return the normal function of the right mouse button now. Mind Ark can work with the EU community in a more open manner to find better ways to improve PvP if that is really the intention of the change. In the mean time, many players like me have had their kill rate cut in half by this change. Also, in my opinion, this has a negative impact on PvP as well. This is an RCE game and shots cost money. I don't shoot a target unles I can confirm EVERY shot. Now, the only way to do this is to pull health bars. This is slow and awkward. I am sure that a little more thought along with some open communication can find better ways to improve the game. Changing a fundamental aspect of the graphic user interface with out any prior discussion or warning is wrong no matter how you try to justify it.

Please do the right thing. Fix it, appoligize for the mistake and move forward on a more conscientious path.

Thank you,
JKP

bye all

i quit the game for this, selling out skills atm

gonna be a 8-9000 ped withdraw.

good luck all

Really? You're suggesting this to a company that cannot get a simple thing like range to work correctly? Or swapping weapons/firing too fast - which gives you the "This item is already equipped" message instead of just firing the damn thing? Or the never ending (and ever popular) "This is not an appropriate place to spawn a vehicle" message...simply because - apparently - a blade of grass was in the way, or maybe a pebble (since I've gotten it on rooftops (!) with plenty of clearance around the vehicle also).

How about we actually FIX the known issues, and clean up the code to end the (Mythical) Lag issue, before we go adding to an already almost-completely-screwed-code? As it is they can't change anything without screwing everything else up for a week, minimum.

I can see the results of that already...

Landing on a planet is no longer possible because AI recognizes it as an object.

Ditto for SS

Coming anywhere near a TP - as in within radar range, immediately dismounts you and you fall to your death. Recall to Inventory is impossible because vehicle is destroyed from the fall and can't be on your person nor in your storage (as it sees it as a structure) because of the PvP "feature" and spaghetti code.

Coming too close to a tree (because of the messed up AI) results in flipping over and crashing into a herd of Atrox.

Water is now an object...and your boats are either useless - or hovercraft (Congratulations! - an upgrade!)

Attempting to drive through fields now results in instant destruction of your vehicle - grass is an object too...no?

No. Just....No.

It seems pretty clear that the modification to the Right Mouse Button has not be recieved well.

Vote-for-quot-auto-click-quot-update-from-VU-12-6-2

There are other threads of course, but clearly this change has negatively affected the game. Please return the normal function of the right mouse button now. Mind Ark can work with the EU community in a more open manner to find better ways to improve PvP if that is really the intention of the change. In the mean time, many players like me have had their kill rate cut in half by this change. Also, in my opinion, this has a negative impact on PvP as well. This is an RCE game and shots cost money. I don't shoot a target unles I can confirm EVERY shot. Now, the only way to do this is to pull health bars. This is slow and awkward. I am sure that a little more thought along with some open communication can find better ways to improve the game. Changing a fundamental aspect of the graphic user interface with out any prior discussion or warning is wrong no matter how you try to justify it.

Please do the right thing. Fix it, appoligize for the mistake and move forward on a more conscientious path.

Thank you,
JKP

LOL.

U right!! Now pK NOOB with LR53 tier10 cant do anything. HP, Fap and player pk skills means something again... Thx MA!

Now just need to do something with vehicles, so nobody can exploit by runing inside them (damaged or not, dosnt matter)

Back