Entropia Universe 12.6.2 Release Notes

You mean freeware nibs, those who dont plan to spend a penny on anything wanted. Those who spend shitloads on hi MU weapons, amps and ammo ofc dont want to waste those real money.

Majority of people at the rig now-a-days don't require that type of ped/gear to kill consistently at the rig...I can easily go and shoot for a few hours a day killing them and spending around 100 ped or less.

High MU/Tiered weapons really only have a point in pvp4 or in LGs (if you have to bother defending against a real threat which you guys usually don't have to so again you don't need it there.)

With injection toxic all pvp areas this would be better and the problem would be solved.
Really I would like to see few like your going to the oil rig if you need to pay everytime you die.
Sure that if the oil rig were in the pvp4 no one of you go.

The goal should be to make it less expensive, not to make it more expensive. That way more people can participate and have fun, which should be the point of a game. Your own society says the purpose of "giving" LA's to other societies is so that more can enjoy pvp/lg.

MA could make a huge improvement just by making LG events 1/10 cost like fort events. Tons more people would participate.

Im sorry, but the words "eco" and "PK" should never be in the same sentence...Just seems sooooo wrong :/ Tell you what though...one thing that will cause you to loose more in PK than decay and all the rest of it is Ego ;) Play for fun, boast for fun, leave the ego at the door. And yea i know some a you confused my "fun" for Ego, so be it...now you know...always was like that.

Still, please dont mention pk and eco in the same sentence again...make ol Daisy sad :/ PK should be hard, there should be consequences, we should pay the price...suffer for the thrill of the kill :D....(Exploits and bugs asside ofc)

DCF

You are already forgotten why you changed soc?
I recall it was for the oil, and you changed because everyone else was shoting you and you just looked for the easy way out, picking oil without shoting. Admit it, its the truth.
I'd like to see how many of you would go to the rig if you had to pay for each time you'd get killed.

trust me, you do not want a public discussion about why i changed soc belza, i made a choice and if you have any problems with that ( i assume you do since you act all 5 yr old on me ) then take it with me ingame, instead of your feeble attempts to misscredit me in public.

so leave that between us, you twist and turn things and make up false stuff just becasue it serves your purpose, again lets not go there....

this thread is not about this, and should not be, and you starting to pull shit out in a thread just shows how low you are, you go to lowballing as soon as things get uncomfortable..

ive seen similar reactions from other people associated with you, as soon as arguments stop coming to mind people attack individuals person trying to shift focus from themselves.

anyway, yes the hub cost ped, but the difference from pvp4 is it could be you vs me, not me vs you + your semi-borrowed gear.

again ( easy to drift away when speaking with you :) ) lets use some other channels for this communication shall we?

For all the people that played pre-vu 10...I'm not quite sure why you are complaining. We hunted with out the right click system then and all those ways are still there to hunt now.

Do I need to create a step-by-step guide for people to hunt mobs without missing shots using systems that we've had prior to vu10 and after?

Indeed, I used to hunt 3rd person all the time prior to vu10.
But the turn rate when clicking a mobs health bar, is way to slow. (Pre VU10 it was instant) Tried on the hydra last night, and 30% of the time my avatar was just turning left and right, when before I was shooting it more or less constantly. Some said use Z and C, I find this uncomfortable, and irritating.

Left handed, so mouse is in left hand, right hand usualy on cursor keys, and a few keys mapped to numpad, fap and gun.
If MA make the turn rate instant, like prior to VU10, I would just go back to 3rd person shooting (I do solo anyway, but in a team it's not practical, unless you like waiting to turn all the time) thus wasting time, and more decay. Either that, or slow the mobs down a bit.

So yes, the way is the same, but the results are a lot different.
So please people, stop saying it is exactly the same as pre VU10 hunting, it is not. This is the sole reason I switched after the big update, to 1st person, as 3rd was simply to annoying, in a team, due to what I said above.

Last edited:
PK, don't care. EU was and still is the worst excuse for a PVP game I have ever played... *BUT* this right click nonsense is making me double bomb like a sonofabitch so I'm pissed :censored:

Nothing to do with pvp

You all believe this is related to PVP. This is clearly meant to cause poeple to waste ammo while hunting. Yes, a few shots will be wasted in PVP. But think of the huge amount wasted now by hunters. MA trust level is taking a major nose dive with this little VU. This scam is not even subtle. They are clearly out to cheat players out of PED. They need to fix it quickly and appolgize for the "mistake".

:mad:

If anyone is very concerned about wasting ped, pull health bars and use move to target. Yes, I know many people don't like to hunt that way, but it's the only way I see right now to make sure you don't waste shots. Yes, it does suck for team hunting when the mob is moving around because certain speed mobs the turning stays just behind the mob until it stops somewhere (warlocks and evis at shared loot for example).

I don't know why MA did this when they could have solved the pvp problem just by making right click in aim mode not work on avatars. The system obviously can differentiate between mobs and avatars, as you get different menus when right clicking on them in cursor mode. You can't trade with a Hydra.

You all believe this is related to PVP. This is clearly meant to cause poeple to waste ammo while hunting. Yes, a few shots will be wasted in PVP. But think of the huge amount wasted now by hunters. MA trust level is taking a major nose dive with this little VU. This scam is not even subtle. They are clearly out to cheat players out of PED. They need to fix it quickly and appolgize for the "mistake".

:mad:
If you bothered to read any other forums related to EU Planet Partners you would know that this was requested by another PP for their exclusive system to EU regarding PvP.

It was just executed sub-par apparently.

Could you right click Pre-VU10?

I only started doing it after CE2 conversion.

Could you right click Pre-VU10?

I only started doing it after CE2 conversion.

Reading the threads it seems not but I've never hunted that way anyway so couldn't say for definite.

For 6 years I've hunted in Aim Mode which is like playing any normal fps game so I manually aim and shoot using my left mouse button and then right click to instant loot as the mobs is dying. That is the only time I use right click on the hunting field. Hunting Oweko last night instead of looting them as they were dropping and moving straight on to fire at the next mob I had to stand and wait until they were lying still on the ground or I missed the target to loot completely and fired my gun instead. As if hunting isn't a snooze fest already, now it's slowed down and costing money in random shots.

ETA:
As suggested by some I've been trying out looting mobs using a hot key. This is the result on quite a few of the Yuka I've killed which aren't exactly small mobs. I had to right click in the end to be able to loot those that this happened with :rolleyes:

no-target.jpg

Last edited:
  • there's casual players, mostly looking at TV, chatting, making some clicks "in that general direction" - a hunting bot's playstyle,
  • and then there's the real hunters who can (and want) actually aim and shoot

use this thread to announce to which party you belong! :cool:

yes i know it's not that simple, yes the avatar/mob position update rate should be increased, yes MA should improve lot of code to catch up with other games in that particular area, yes sure... but still! :tongue2:

and yes, PvP fix should not influence hunters, don't tell me ut's hard/impossible to code, everything can be coded.

I had to stand and wait until they were lying still on the ground or I missed the target to loot completely and fired my gun instead. As if hunting isn't a snooze fest already, now it's slowed down and costing money in random shots.

• and then there's the real hunters who can (and want) actually aim and shoot

I belong to the party that plays on laggy servers, mobs die then slide, you release the move key but your avatar still moves a bit, I am not a goddess of aiming in the night (I played CS at average level and I CAN aim, but not in laggy darky EU), my hand-eye coordination is slowed because hunting is so boring.

Also mobs bump you and you miss the right click, move to target is slow and gets you in 90% range of the actual 100% weapon range (like 45m if your weapon has 50m) and takes about a second to shoot or give up, which makes "dragging health bars" a time and click consuming activity.

Yes, like Nadie, I have to wait until the mob dies and doesn't animate, make sure nothing can make my avatar move or slide, aim carefully, then right click and hope I did it right. On big mobs that take tens of shots this doesnt matter much, but I prefer to grind some mission mobs and check out loot with actual MU.

I have to choose between playing WoW and whack-the-weasel, EU style. Drag health bar for each mob? Then what, double click on that bar? Ok, my avatar sneaks slowly towards the target and "Failed to move within interaction range". Or not, and it shoots. Ok, I can tap the auto-use key twice and not shoot manually. Then tap the loot key or right click and loot the bar. What is this? Farmville? If I wanted clicking on bars, I would have played browser games.

A simple activity where you happily run around and right click everything with great efficiency has turned into an annoying activity because the coders can't do a proper job disabling weapon auto-targeting in PVP?

Drag health bar for each mob?

Its more like - "Drag health bar for each mob? Like the 500+ merps or rippersnapper I'm going to kill in an evening ? You are kidding, right?" And if you get surrounded by several mobs, you are never going to get anywhere with all the dragging.

Its more like - "Drag health bar for each mob? Like the 500+ merps or rippersnapper I'm going to kill in an evening ? You are kidding, right?" And if you get surrounded by several mobs, you are never going to get anywhere with all the dragging.

I've been experimenting with the "Next Target" functionality on snappers since someone mentioned it here. Once you get used to it, it's much easier than pulling bars (rippersnappers being otherwise very obnoxious to hunt IMO) except that for me, I sometimes have to wait for several seconds before I can loot. Very annoying.

I've been experimenting with the "Next Target" functionality on snappers since someone mentioned it here. Once you get used to it, it's much easier than pulling bars (rippersnappers being otherwise very obnoxious to hunt IMO) except that for me, I sometimes have to wait for several seconds before I can loot. Very annoying.
You can't loot faster than your weapon reload. With right clicking you could shoot another mob a few times, quickly aim to loot between mobs, right click then aim again at the live mob and looting occurs somewhere between shots.

And hunting with 3 keys make you look like Steven Hawking (just paralyzed in your chair, twitching three fingers like you're on depressants or something)...

A little fun with aim mode showing some of the issues. I only use right click.

Notice how the second mob animates away from my cursor when it dies and has inconsistent hitbox, model and label.

Please fix the rmb!!

Yet another related thread:

Unacceptable modification from MA

Can we get the RMB function back to normal soon? I would like to resume hunting. Please extend the Foul and Rippersnaper spawns for how ever many days of hunting are lost due to this increadibly bad chioce to nerf the RMB. If you want to change PVP, that's fine, but don't ruin the entire game for a handful of PVP players that are upset because they don't know how to use the RMB.

Thank you,
JKP

Last edited:
Yet another related thread:

Unacceptable modification from MA

Can we get the RMB function back to normal soon? I would like to resume hunting. Please extend the Foul and Rippersnaper spawns for how ever many days of hunting are lost due to this increadibly bad chioce to nerf the RMB. If you want to change PVP, that's fine, but don't ruin the entire game for a handful of PVP players that are upset because they don't know how to use the RMB.

Thank you,
JKP

totaly agree with you. I have to kill another 7k rippers but stopped hunting them from the day they changed rigth click. I send them support case and told them to try hunt rippers when 20-30 of them hitting you and you have to kill them as fast as possible and try not waste ammo in the air. Now you waste ammo even by trying loot them when you have 20 dead bodies close to you and another 20 rippers apear around you.
This is the most stupid feature that MA added and they must change it as soon as possible

totaly agree with you. I have to kill another 7k rippers but stopped hunting them from the day they changed rigth click. I send them support case and told them to try hunt rippers when 20-30 of them hitting you and you have to kill them as fast as possible and try not waste ammo in the air. Now you waste ammo even by trying loot them when you have 20 dead bodies close to you and another 20 rippers apear around you.
This is the most stupid feature that MA added and they must change it as soon as possible

This is all easily fixed. This "upgrade" of systems was requested by Cyrene because they felt right click ruined the hub experience. Everyone simply boycott Cyrene and tell them you won't return until they allow for right click to come back.

This is all easily fixed. This "upgrade" of systems was requested by Cyrene because they felt right click ruined the hub experience. Everyone simply boycott Cyrene and tell them you won't return until they allow for right click to come back.

Again, do you have any proof that this is the only reason?

You can't loot faster than your weapon reload. With right clicking you could shoot another mob a few times, quickly aim to loot between mobs, right click then aim again at the live mob and looting occurs somewhere between shots.

Yeah i'm aware of the reload thing, although I think it used to be different long ago. I discovered that the problem I was having is due to mapping the loot action to the Tab key, which I had forgotten gives unreliable results for any action. I mapped it to a number key and it works predictably, but isn't located as conveniently. (So as a side note it would be nice if they would get the non-alphanumeric key issue sorted.)

And hunting with 3 keys make you look like Steven Hawking (just paralyzed in your chair, twitching three fingers like you're on depressants or something)...

As opposed to the astounding display of athletic prowess that it is to hunt with a dozen or so? :laugh:

True though that it dumbs the gameplay down to even more imbecilic levels

Except for those who actually can aim without using this? :rolleyes:

Seen tons of PKers complain about this and how it should be removed since it kinda ruins the PvP gameplay... now it is gone, so more actual skill is required

How about things like vehicles? That ruins pvp... Support told that "Useing any vehicle in pvp like a shield is bug/exploit" but everyone useing that. And that thing destroy all pvp... Atm people with 90 HP can buy 3 pitbuls and drive around u, and if u destroy one, he put another and drive again... After destroying few of them u just loose tons of peds... Nosense.

How about things like vehicles? That ruins pvp... Support told that "Useing any vehicle in pvp like a shield is bug/exploit" but everyone useing that. And that thing destroy all pvp... Atm people with 90 HP can buy 3 pitbuls and drive around u, and if u destroy one, he put another and drive again... After destroying few of them u just loose tons of peds... Nosense.

That is a different issue though. To spawn a broken vehicle and hide in it is an exploit yes, so the best ya can do is report it and if several people report the person might get banned.

As for newbies buying vehicles and using in PvP that'd be hard to fix unless you ban vehicles in PvP overall... maybe if skill levels in "Driving" and "Vehicle"-something determined how fast your SI went down and how often the enemy hit or so... :dunno:

That is a different issue though. To spawn a broken vehicle and hide in it is an exploit yes, so the best ya can do is report it and if several people report the person might get banned.

But is it technically an exploit? I see people using this word all the time. But let's see what this exploit consists of:
- spawning a broken vehicle: permitted by design
- moving through and around: permitted by design
- broken vehicles have a target box: permitted by design

Understandable, spawning the vehicle at any SI, is needed so you can repair or operate it. Moving through the vehicle is required, otherwise people and vehicles would get stuck on each-other and crazier stuff would happen all over the place. So the vehicles are trans-corporeal by design. And of course the broken vehicle needs to have a hitbox so you can aim your tool and repair it.

The fact that someone uses several designed features to gain an advantage does not always make it an exploit. An action that by design is made to work in a certain way, is somehow disrupted by snags, bugs or glitches, or even hacks and tools, is an exploit. This applies for example to the invulnerable avatars in PVP, where you can aim but you can't damage avatars in PVP. The design is to permit player damage in those areas and someone is breaking the designed systems to function in an unexpected way.

Therefor, until MA makes a coding solution to solve this tactical disadvantage through the creation of artificial obstacles, nobody is technically exploiting.

But is it technically an exploit? I see people using this word all the time. But let's see what this exploit consists of:
- spawning a broken vehicle: permitted by design
- moving through and around: permitted by design
- broken vehicles have a target box: permitted by design

Understandable, spawning the vehicle at any SI, is needed so you can repair or operate it. Moving through the vehicle is required, otherwise people and vehicles would get stuck on each-other and crazier stuff would happen all over the place. So the vehicles are trans-corporeal by design. And of course the broken vehicle needs to have a hitbox so you can aim your tool and repair it.

The fact that someone uses several designed features to gain an advantage does not always make it an exploit. An action that by design is made to work in a certain way, is somehow disrupted by snags, bugs or glitches, or even hacks and tools, is an exploit. This applies for example to the invulnerable avatars in PVP, where you can aim but you can't damage avatars in PVP. The design is to permit player damage in those areas and someone is breaking the designed systems to function in an unexpected way.

Therefor, until MA makes a coding solution to solve this tactical disadvantage through the creation of artificial obstacles, nobody is technically exploiting.

Easy fix would be to make it so any vehicle destroyed by another player in PvP would get sent to the owner's storage. If they spawn a vehicle that was already destroyed and it gets shot by someone other then the owner when spawned in PvP the same happens. :D

But is it technically an exploit?
[...]
An action that by design is made to work in a certain way, is somehow disrupted by snags, bugs or glitches, or even hacks and tools, is an exploit.

Any time an item or thing ingame is used in a way it was not intended to be used, it is considered an exploit, based on earlier statements from MindArk and/or PPs.

As I am fairly certain vehicles were not designed to make people near invulnerable by letting them stand inside a broken vehicle to become pretty much impossible to hit in PvP (except if you're both inside the vehicle and you get lucky), it should probably be considered an exploit.

Easy fix would be to make it so any vehicle destroyed by another player in PvP would get sent to the owner's storage. If they spawn a vehicle that was already destroyed and it gets shot by someone other then the owner when spawned in PvP the same happens. :D
A broken vehicle sent to storage after a few seconds. And if you respawn it, the timers go off so you can't abuse it over and over. Except the hoverpod mk1.

Any time an item or thing ingame is used in a way it was not intended to be used, it is considered an exploit, based on earlier statements from MindArk and/or PPs.

As I am fairly certain vehicles were not designed to make people near invulnerable by letting them stand inside a broken vehicle to become pretty much impossible to hit in PvP (except if you're both inside the vehicle and you get lucky), it should probably be considered an exploit.

I thought AoE weapons worked in such cases. And the fact that 1000 players are wiser over period of man-years in using the work of 10 developers with just a few days of focus on a system is a common occurrence, do you know any single developers that can limit the exploit or abuse chances of their product to less than 1%? Just look at security products or any service software that gets exploited, hacked, abused in ways the programmers did not imagine or fix properly.

Back