Achievement: Fished out the lake

Doer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
David "Doer" Falkayn
I killed a few fish over the past week or so.

Weapons of choice were tuhota 80, skildek 250, and pug 9 launcher (and approximately 2.5k PEDs explosive cells over the 16.6k kills),

entropia_2012-05-22_17-34-19-78.jpg

and a row of falx swords & labrys axes (~1700 PEDs decay) and a blix shortblade (L) (300 PEDs decay),

[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/3/8/6/7/entropia_2012-05-19_02-48-26-95_19_crits_in_a_row.jpg[/wrap]
entropia_2012-05-22_12-45-21-49.jpg

and ~620 PEDs armor decay, ~110 PEDs FAP decay! :eyecrazy:

The dense, low maturity mission spawn on the shore led itself to a rather fun hunting process: hop into the VTOL and trawl over the water to find a dense school, then bail out like a navy SEAL, dive to the bottom, and blast the fish. Hop back in the VTOL and do it over again. Lots of fun. Also good for spamming team chat with loot. :silly2: I have to say that if you've never had a few dozen crits simultaneously by using a launcher, you gotta give it a try.

The mission spawn ran out before I finished, and i'd like to thank those who came to the wave spawn and helped grind through waves while I was there, especially human tank, geats.

entropia_2012-05-26_17-28-04-68.jpg

Excuse me!

Skill gains were very good, with a significant boost to health from the melee combat and Evade going from 4935 to 4970, almost 5 PEDs gain (my Evade hasn't moved much since tant plateau disappeared, R.I.P.). Alas, it didn't reach 5k as I'd hoped. I picked the Weapons Handling option (it gives health), and that bumped me over to the next point in health.

Got a few gLOLbals in the process, but not the Marber Bravo that I was hoping for (tagger). One of my fellow wave spawn hunters got one though, congrats.
[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/3/8/6/7/entropia_2012-05-22_12-15-14-65_rippersnapper_young_59_thumb.jpg[/wrap]
Young 59 and 67

Old 167

Here are screenshots from the Profession Progress Calculator (@ http://esi.coolinc.info/progress.cgi) for the most-affected professions during the mission:
evader_progress.gif

If I did the mission about 115 more times, i'd unlock Quickness. :)

swordsman_hit_progress.gif

grenadier_hit_progress.gif

Gained about 5 levels of professional standing each in Swordsman (Hit) and Grenadier (Hit), not too shabby!

Last edited:
lol, gz for having patience for doing that

Kinda rare to see someone finish that mission mob...congrats.

Well done :)

What's the next mission now?:scratch2:

Well done :)

What's the next mission now?:scratch2:

Thanks. That's a good question.

I wish MA and the Calypso team would go ahead and tell us how the rewards will be changed so I could decide. If that weren't a concern, i'd start the longu while there's a good free spawn. As they have been silent for weeks on the point, I may just wait and see.

LOL, Nice, congratulations. Fishing with dynamite.

Love the fishing pictures! I haven't used launchers much myself but after seeing this I think I'll give it a try. Congratz on your achievement :wtg:

Thanks.

LOL, Nice, congratulations. Fishing with dynamite.

Almost feels like cheating. :laugh:

For those planning to try it, I would recommend a launcher with at least the dps of the skildek 250. Anything lower, and the typical school of rippersnappers will be chewing on you for too long. You can't expect to finish the wave event alone with that launcher. You could keep one smaller launcher for finishing the last few fish if you don't want to use melee for that. If you have maxed a higher level launcher it would definitely give better results. I was limited by the Tuhota being the highest launcher I had mastered.

Can you confirm it's 20 ped of Weapons Handling?
(https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...encies-rewards-natural-order-18th-mission-etc)

And congratz on finishing them!

Yes, WH from 5653.1 to 5794.7, ~20 PED tt.

Last edited:
I finished the Longu mission yesterday. I decided to keep the ramblings about these things where it probably belongs: my blog.

Article link

gratz Doer, where is this Rippersnapper spawn pls?

gratz Doer, where is this Rippersnapper spawn pls?

The mission one was part of the temporary, two week rotations going on, and was NE of Zeus. The only existing ones now that are not mixed with lots of razortooths and/or calypsocods are the wave event "Rippersnapper Frenzy" that occurs in the lake to the North of PA, and the higher maturity spawn far west of Odysseus. That island spawn is a pain for multiple reasons.

Back