Hit rate in 2012

Hasn't it already been established that Scopes/Lasers only effectively increase the HIT rate by 1% on RANGED weapons?

~Danimal

If so, I missed it while I was away. The tests a few years back were never conclusive in support of attachments doing anything for hit rate and I had pretty much assumed for my own purposes that if there was any benefit, it was in skillgains. As a result, I have been going without attachments since they broke.

From https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?224467

I can not find the original post any more where it came from. It was in some release notes i think.

Attachment Parameter Changes

•Skill Bonus on Attachments . The skill modification effect
now have a clarifying tool tip. The attachment gives a bonus to the
user's hit ability and it has full effect when the target is on
maximum weapon range. When the target comes closer the effect
decreases and it reaches its minimum effect when the target is in
the immediate vicinity. Since the effect is variable the hit
ability parameter display is not affected by the skill
modification.
•New Parameter on Attachments . A new parameter has been
introduced on laser sights and scopes. This new parameter gives the
user a skill increase bonus when the attachment is attached to the
tool. The skill increase bonus of the attachment will affect the
skill that the tool affect. The number does not indicate an actual
increase rate percentage but a higher number is better than a
lower.

Looking at this i would say especially on ranged weapons there will be some impact when adding a scope / lasers.

Cheers
Siam

If so, I missed it while I was away. The tests a few years back were never conclusive in support of attachments doing anything for hit rate and I had pretty much assumed for my own purposes that if there was any benefit, it was in skillgains. As a result, I have been going without attachments since they broke.

I ran a small test on scope/sights, which kinda indicated what Danimal says is correct; that's assuming max hit rate is 90%.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?224467-The-effect-of-scopes-sights-on-hit-rate-March-2012-Ongoing

I did/do have more data that I never got around to publishing, which followed the same pattern as on the above thread.

Last edited:
Total Damage: 1075177
Total Hits: 18559
Total Misses: 2813
Hit Rate 86.83%
Critical Hits: 309
Critical Hit Rate: 1.664%
DMG/PEC: 3.08

Mod Merc + A203 for this run.. will probably post up more stats later. Let me know if you need any other sort of information :)

~Danimal

Here's my data for the last year in game:

Ammoburn.png

Nice data, but which weapon and skills on it?

and was it a day of shooting or the previous month or what? ... I really don't understand this data. It looks great! ... but lacks details..

~Danimal

and was it a day of shooting or the previous month or what? ... I really don't understand this data. It looks great! ... but lacks details..

The chart above shows shots and misses per month since I started playing the game. Since I still mostly use my Opalo the cost is total misses costing 2pecs a shot.

Faileds don't cost anything afaik.

Faileds don't cost anything afaik.

Correct, FAILED shots do not cost a PEC! The data above includes FAILS as part of the Total PED cost which is innacurate..

~Danimal

Correct, FAILED shots do not cost a PEC! The data above includes FAILS as part of the Total PED cost which is innacurate..

Ok, Ok, is this better??? :scratch2:

Ammoburnv2.png

New hunt data, this time with all maxed melee weapons (falx, labyrs, whip finisher) vs mostly small corns and shinkis:
Out of a total of 7720 attacks, 6955 were hits (150 or 0.021567 crits) and 765 were misses, for a total hit rate of 0.900907

HA is as expected, but crits are a bit high. Something to keep an eye on, anyway.

And this is first set with 99+% imk2 shots:
Out of a total of 5806 attacks, 5016 were hits (74 or 0.014753 crits) and 790 were misses, for a total hit rate of 0.863934.

Hit rate 86.4%, HA 6.4.... looks good.

Crits should be 1.6% (CHA = 8), so a bit low, but small sample size.

EWE EP-40 Mercenary Modified

x4 dmg enhancers
x1 acc enhancer
Omegaton A203

Results:
Total Damage: 1645833
Total Hits: 20589
Total Misses: 2951
Hit Rate: 87.46%
Critical Hits: 411
Critical Hit Rate: 1.996%
DMG/PEC: 3.11

Seems accuracy enhancers do not effect the Critical Hit Rate all that much? Might have to do a few more runs..

~Danimal

EWE EP-40 Mercenary Modified

x1 acc enh
x3 dmg enh
Omegaton A203

Total Damage: 1137652
Total Hits: 15031
Total Misses: 2227
Hit Rate: 87.09%
Critical Hits: 315
Critical Hit Rate: 2.095%
DMG/PEC: 3.15

------------------------------------------

x3 acc enh
x2 dmg enh
Omegaton A203

Total Damage: 733067.4
Total Hits: 10306
Total Misses: 1503
Hit Rate: 87.27%
Critical Hits: 281
Critical Hit Rate: 2.726%
DMG/PEC: 3.20

~Danimal

Last set of 99.9% imk2 for now (THING hunt going to tt shotguns :p). This actually includes the data from my prior post.

Out of a total of 13100 attacks, 11261 were hits (179 or 0.015896 crits) and 1839 were misses, for a total hit rate of 0.859618

With this bigger sample, crits are around the expected value (0.0159 vs 0.016) and hit rate very slightly below expected (86% vs 86.4% expected).

I'm satisfied my hit rate hasn't been tweaked. If we get more data with more weapons, we can make more conclusive statements about all weapons being consistent.

I'll try to collect some uncontaminated data with attachments for comparison, too.

Here's a big data set from narfi's THING hunt, using all maxed SIB ranged weapons.

There were 249971 attack event lines within 877110 lines parsed.
Out of a total of 213360 attacks, 191868 were hits (3797 or 0.019790 crits) and 21492 were misses, for a total hit rate of 0.899269

Your hit rate and crit rate are in perfect agreement with the expected values (very useful to see):
hit rate = .8 + 0.01*HA = 0.9 expected vs 0.899 measured
crit rate = CHA * 0.002 = 0.02 vs. 0.0198 measured

Clearly the weapons you've used are consistent with the majority of weapons in game, and we've not yet found one that doesn't follow these formulae.

Here's something interesting from the first half of the Longtooth mission chain, using only amped imk2 with Headshot 1 + 2xSE600 attachments (skill mod=28):
Out of a total of 58509 attacks, 50801 were hits (813 or 0.016004 crits) and 7708 were misses, for a total hit rate of 0.868260
You did 3339317.100000 damage and took 12752 hits.

Compare this to my previous imk2 hit rate of 86% and 1.59% from the previous post. Unfortunately, that 86% is about 0.4% below the expected outcome (86.4% because my HA is 6.4), so seeing a hit rate of 86.83% on this hunt may simply be the other half of a long wave in effective hit rate. :laugh: Or, it may be that the attachments had 4 pro level effective gain (which, incidentally, almost exactly cancels out their additional cost in the dmg/pec equation). Hopefully, the results from the second half will help to clarify this issue.

The crit rate is again 1.6%, exactly what would be predicted by a 0.2% crit rate per level CHA formula. That it is still the same percentage of HITS with the hit rate different by 0.8%, suggests to me that crits are indeed only generated when an attack is already a hit. I'm using accuracy enhancers for the second half of the mission chain, so stay tuned. :)

PS Danimal, your hit rate increases between each of your previous data sets. Could you please include what your (hit) pro standing was for each of those so i can try to make some sense out of them? :)

A small note on the data I gave you is that I also use a Marber for tagging which I am not maxed on. (I am not in game right now, but estimate it to be in the lower 4.x hit ability range)
It is a relatively small portion of the sample, but should be noted anyways. (I would estimate <0.5% of the shots fired were with it)

I'll summarize the results from the three divisions of the Longtooth mission here (including the data from the previous post and an edit to add the final portion when i'm done with it).

Prev. result (6.4 HA): 86.0% 1.59%
LT p 1 (attachments): 86.8% 1.60%
LT p 2 (att & 2xAcc.): 86.7% 2.16%
LT p 3 (2xAccu enh.): 86.5% 2.45%

Edit: All three divisions added. HA was 6.4x, for an expected hit rate of 86.4%. The attachments gave me an effective (Hit) profession increase of 2-4%, slightly less to slightly more than that needed to break even on the extra cost of these attachments on this weapon. I did not observe an increase in skillgains with the attachments. In fact, i saw a decrease, but it's not significant. Expected crit rate was 1.6% unenhanced and 2.24% enhanced, consistent with the results.

Part 1:
Out of a total of 58509 attacks, 50801 were hits (813 or 0.016004 crits) and 7708 were misses, for a total hit rate of 0.868260

Part 2:
Out of a total of 28607 attacks, 24809 were hits (536 or 0.021605 crits) and 3798 were misses, for a total hit rate of 0.867235

Part 3:
Out of a total of 27558 attacks, 23850 were hits (584 or 0.0245 crits) and 3708 were misses, for a total hit rate of 0.8654

Last edited:
Steel bird mission data
1xHeadshot I & 2xSE600 attachments

~6.45 HA

With enhancers:
Out of a total of 7423 attacks, 6452 were hits (153 or 0.0237 crits) and 971 were misses, for a total hit rate of 0.8692.

Without:
Out of a total of 34560 attacks, 29993 were hits (500 or 0.0167 crits) and 4567 were misses, for a total hit rate of 0.8679.

The enhancer analysis is in the accuracy enhancer thread. The attachments continue to give me notably higher hit rate: 86.9 and 86.8 vs. the expected 86.45. This is enough of a decrease in misses to cancel out the extra decay cost of these attachments.

Last edited:
The attachments continue to give me notably higher hit rate: 86.9 and 86.8 vs. the expected 86.45. This is enough of a decrease in misses to cancel out the extra decay cost of these attachments.

Care to share the consumption rate of the enhancers?
And maybe the enhancer costs and costs per shot?

Or better yet, the entire calculation?

What you deem "notably" is a mere 0.1% difference in missed shots...

Maybe i am missing something really vital here, but i cannot reconstruct how the costs of enhancers should make up for the 1 more "Miss" in a 1000 shots - especially when you include markup on these things.

Care to share the consumption rate of the enhancers?
And maybe the enhancer costs and costs per shot?

Or better yet, the entire calculation?

What you deem "notably" is a mere 0.1% difference in missed shots...

Maybe i am missing something really vital here, but i cannot reconstruct how the costs of enhancers should make up for the 1 more "Miss" in a 1000 shots - especially when you include markup on these things.

That comment was about the attachments -- the scope and sights -- which have given me a fairly consistent ~3 level (Hit) profession increase in the tests in this thread, which by my calculations either cancels out the extra cost of their tiny decay or gives me a bit of an overall eco increase, so i continue to use them. For my report on the enhancer bit of this mission, see the post in the accuracy enhancer thread. I modified that post to make it more clear.

And maybe you should read his statement a little better...

oops, doer took the time to clarify.

:)

That comment was about the attachments -- the scope and sights -- which have given me a fairly consistent ~3 level (Hit) profession increase in the tests in this thread, which by my calculations either cancels out the extra cost of their tiny decay or gives me a bit of an overall eco increase, so i continue to use them. For my report on the enhancer bit of this mission, see the post in the accuracy enhancer thread. I modified that post to make it more clear.

Didn't follow the entire thread, ty for the explanation :)

Back